Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #91
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Crowds, long wait times, hard to find an open food place........well, at least things can only get better after Day 1! Knowing you and your family, I'm sure you will make the best of everything.

I have never done Nemo before! And I don't even know why or have an excuse.

In your first pic, as you just started to walk over to Epcot, there is a building in the distance with the words "Dance Hall" lit up on top. Do you know what that is? ("Do you know?" Dummy me, you know what everything is at Disney. )
Old 05-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #92
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
Sorry you didn't love Beach Club. We have stayed there once in a studio villa and thought it was really big. My hubby didn't love it there, but I really did and my girls did too. I have such fond memories of that lobby and the SMELL..I love what they pump in through the vents. Smells like I am at the shore in south jersey.

We always avoid evening EMH bc it seems to be so busy. If you can stay til the end it usually quiets down but my girls can't seem to hang past 9pm. We are early EMH people...when MK opens at 8 I am in heaven

Can't wait to hear more. I am getting excited for our halloween trip. I feel so bad for a friend of mine though. SHe is driving home from the world today and a tummy bug has hit her family hard on this trip. Talk about a bummer. Luckily its their second trip this year so they go alot.
We always avoid EMH too. The only reason we went was because of the late flight and being able to walk over. Should have known it would be crazy busy! The only other EMH we have done is AM EMH at AK. Only because we usually go to AK on Monday morning and that happens to be when they have EMH. It's always nice to be able to ride EE as much as you want to before 9am!!

That is awful about your friend. Having a stomach bug at WDW would be the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Hi Shelly! I'm here and joining in! Now the question is....can I keep up???

What a tough start! Having to wait all day for an evening flight must have been torture! Glad you at least found ice cream before the day ended!
Welcome Kim! Hope you can keep up. How are the renovations coming on your house?

It was a tough start. Evening flights stink. But yes, some yummy ice cream was a great way to end that day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Crowds, long wait times, hard to find an open food place........well, at least things can only get better after Day 1! Knowing you and your family, I'm sure you will make the best of everything.

I have never done Nemo before! And I don't even know why or have an excuse.

In your first pic, as you just started to walk over to Epcot, there is a building in the distance with the words "Dance Hall" lit up on top. Do you know what that is? ("Do you know?" Dummy me, you know what everything is at Disney. )
I was surprised to see so many food places closed when Epcot was open til midnight. Stupid!

You've got to do Nemo. Very relaxing ride and brings a smile to your face.

The Dance Hall is over on the BW. It's a night club I think. Walked by it several times, just never been inside.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #93
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Ice cream makes everything better!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #95
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

What a crazy week this has been!!
I'm here now. Looking forward to your TR Shelly!
I would have been past grumpy being up since 4.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #96
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Love all the nighttime pictures! The whole Epcot resort area is so pretty at night. I know you must have really enjoyed being able to walk to Epcot. How long do you think it took you to get there from the BC?

Sorry your night didn't go as planned, but at least you got a ride on Nemo and some ice cream out of the deal. I think those kinds of crowds would've sent me running for the exits as well though. I've heard people say that there really isn't a slow time to go in the spring anymore and it sounds like they might be right. I'd love to see the F&G Festival at Epcot, but I am really afraid to go in the spring for that reason. I'm curious to hear if it got any better.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #97
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Bet you thought I wouldn't make it onto here tonight!

Holy cow- I knew Epcot was crowded but that sounded completely miserable! I'm so sorry that it worked out to be a frustrating experience- you were looking forward to it so much that night.

At least you were able to get some ice cream out of the deal, even if you had to hunt for it.

Looking forward to the next day's activities!!

Thanks to you I shall be singing about the Big Blue World as I drift off to sleep.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #98
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Ice cream makes everything better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
I TOTALLY agree!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
What a crazy week this has been!!
I'm here now. Looking forward to your TR Shelly!
I would have been past grumpy being up since 4.
I know, this time of year is crazy!! We've got so much coming up - a play, a field trip, field day, awards assemblies, lots of soccer, etc. I'll be glad when school is out!!! How is your sub job going?

I was WAY past grumpy that night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Love all the nighttime pictures! The whole Epcot resort area is so pretty at night. I know you must have really enjoyed being able to walk to Epcot. How long do you think it took you to get there from the BC?

Sorry your night didn't go as planned, but at least you got a ride on Nemo and some ice cream out of the deal. I think those kinds of crowds would've sent me running for the exits as well though. I've heard people say that there really isn't a slow time to go in the spring anymore and it sounds like they might be right. I'd love to see the F&G Festival at Epcot, but I am really afraid to go in the spring for that reason. I'm curious to hear if it got any better.
It was a beautiful night. I really should have taken more pics. But, like I said -- the grumpy thing.

It is probably a just under 10 minute walk to Epcot from the BC!

The crowds did get better throughout the week. Tues, Wed, and Thur particularly weren't bad! The weekends were awful though. Definitely much busier than when we used to go in May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

Bet you thought I wouldn't make it onto here tonight!

Holy cow- I knew Epcot was crowded but that sounded completely miserable! I'm so sorry that it worked out to be a frustrating experience- you were looking forward to it so much that night.

At least you were able to get some ice cream out of the deal, even if you had to hunt for it.

Looking forward to the next day's activities!!

Thanks to you I shall be singing about the Big Blue World as I drift off to sleep.
Nope, I didn't think you'd be on here last night at all. I know you were out partying!!! How does it feel to have 2 teenagers now?

Yeah, I guess I never really told you just how crowded it was that night. It was bad. We really should have just gone to bed when we got to the BC! Oh well, we got a ride through the big blue world (did you dream about it last night? ) and some giant ice cream cones!!
Old 05-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #99
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I'm here!

Sorry your trip wasn't off to the best start.

A late flight would definitely put me in a bad mood, add in lack of sleep and not loving your room... I can totally understand where you were coming from.

We ran into those crowds too... luckily they weren't there for our whole trip but the last few days were crazy! I hope the crowds settled down after the weekend for you.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #100
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Momof2Disneyboys;44929906]

I know, this time of year is crazy!! We've got so much coming up - a play, a field trip, field day, awards assemblies, lots of soccer, etc. I'll be glad when school is out!!! How is your sub job going?

I was WAY past grumpy that night.

The sub job is going well, thanks for asking. It's a nice 1st grade class. I was lucky!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #101
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Subbing in!

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 05-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #102
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I'm here!

Sorry your trip wasn't off to the best start.

A late flight would definitely put me in a bad mood, add in lack of sleep and not loving your room... I can totally understand where you were coming from.

We ran into those crowds too... luckily they weren't there for our whole trip but the last few days were crazy! I hope the crowds settled down after the weekend for you.
Hi Amy!

Nope, we definitely weren't off to a great start. But now I know what NOT to do in the future!

We weekend crowds were crazy this trip. I know the weekends are generally more crowded, but this was excessive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post

The sub job is going well, thanks for asking. It's a nice 1st grade class. I was lucky!!!
That's great. It always makes going to work a lot easier when it's a nice class!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Subbing in!
Welcome!
Old 05-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #103
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hello everybody! I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend. It has been warm & sunny here all weekend!! We're just killing time right now between Church and soccer. It's gonna be a hot one at the soccer fields today!

Day 2: Sunday April 29

After a long sleepless night we got up around 7:45am. We had breakfast ADR's at Kona Cafe at the Poly at 10:00am. The plan was to take the monorail to Epcot from there.

When we started getting ready I asked DH if he would rather: Take the bus to MK and then monorail to the Poly OR walk through Epcot and take the monorail to the TTC & then to the Poly. He said he'd rather walk through Epcot and take the monorail. So as I was getting ready and it was nearing 9:00 & we were going to walk through Epcot anyway, I had the bright idea that we should swing by Soarin and get some fastpasses for after breakfast. So we picked up the pace on getting ready and were walking in the back entrance of Epcot about 9:05 or so.

It was a much more pleasant walk to Soarin this time without all those people! And we started to notice a lot of beautiful topiaries from the Flower & Garden Festival.

This is the building where all the people were pouring out of the night before...

Continued in next post......

Old 05-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #104
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

When we got to Soarin around 9:15 and I saw the return time I soon remembered that they were enforcing the FP return times and that we would not be back from breakfast by the time they were due. The stand-by wait time said 20 minutes so we just went for it!! We probably only waited about 10-15 minutes.

After a wonderful flight on Soarin we grabbed some FP's and they would now be due between 11:35 and 12:35, should work out perfectly! Then we high-tailed it out of Epcot because it was now 9:40 and we thought we were never going to make it to Kona by 10am!!

Took a few pics on the way out though of course!

Up Next: Kona Cafe Breakfast

Old 05-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #105
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

for a an bonus ride on Soarin'! Love that! I would've done the same thing. I love that ride!!! I used to be really uptight about making it to ADRs perfectly on time, but we ended up being late several times on our last trip and I realized that most places will still take you without any issues. So from now on, I'm going to try to get there on time, but if we don't, I'm not going to stress about it. Worst case scenario, they'll tell us we can't eat there and we'll go get some CS food somewhere. I'm done running to ADRs though! I think you made the right choice going for the Soarin' ride! I really wish you didn't even need ADRs at Disney. It's nice not to have to wait forever for a table (or not get one at all), but it would be great to just stop and eat when and where you want on the fly too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: