Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #946
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

It was a great experience. It is a little costly for all the longer it is, but it was really fun! The hole ride is just under 10 minutes long, 3 minutes to go up, about 3-4 minutes at the top, and then 3 minutes to go back down. It would be better if it stayed at the top for about 5 more minutes!! The views are amazing. About the only thing you can't see is the castle, which is a bummer, but the Contemporary is blocking it.

Unfortunately it has since been taken down. Not sure if it's coming back or not. I've heard conflicting reports on that...

DS10 also took some pics ~

Up Next: Shopping!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #947
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I've kinda wanted to try that balloon too. But always down like you said for weather/wind. Glad you were finally able to try it and with a discount woo hoo!
Need to get ready for my interview- wish me luck!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #948
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I've kinda wanted to try that balloon too. But always down like you said for weather/wind. Glad you were finally able to try it and with a discount woo hoo!
Need to get ready for my interview- wish me luck!

So glad there was no wind that day and we finally got to do it!

Good luck!!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #949
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

Oh, yay! How fun! I've always thought it looked so neat. So glad you got to try it. What a view!

Old 08-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #950
monica23535
DIS Veteran

That did look like a lot of fun, I hope they bring it back!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 08-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #951
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Yay!! I'm so glad y'all finally got to go up in the balloon this trip! Especially since it may be gone forever. How nice was that CM to charge you the kids' prices! Must have kids herself. And what a change from Mr. Grumpy Barking Orders CM that you encountered at the train in MK.

What an awesome view you had! I wish I had you over here right now, so I could be pointing at everything in the pictures and asking, "What dat? What dat? What dat?" I did pick out some things, but there are so many buildings that I wish I knew what they were. What resort is that with the very close-up pool view? Is it SS or OKW? Please don't laugh if I'm waaay off.

Is the part where the people stand like a ring that's open in the middle? (hope that makes sense) I was trying to figure out the picture where you see wheels on the bottom.

Great update!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #952
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyCheeks View Post
Oh, yay! How fun! I've always thought it looked so neat. So glad you got to try it. What a view!
It was really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
That did look like a lot of fun, I hope they bring it back!
I hope they do too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Yay!! I'm so glad y'all finally got to go up in the balloon this trip! Especially since it may be gone forever. How nice was that CM to charge you the kids' prices! Must have kids herself. And what a change from Mr. Grumpy Barking Orders CM that you encountered at the train in MK.

What an awesome view you had! I wish I had you over here right now, so I could be pointing at everything in the pictures and asking, "What dat? What dat? What dat?" I did pick out some things, but there are so many buildings that I wish I knew what they were. What resort is that with the very close-up pool view? Is it SS or OKW? Please don't laugh if I'm waaay off.

Is the part where the people stand like a ring that's open in the middle? (hope that makes sense) I was trying to figure out the picture where you see wheels on the bottom.

Great update!
It was really nice of them to give the kids a kids price!! I've always thought the kid age at WDW should be at least up to 12 anyway.

Yep that pool is at SSR - right across the lake from DTD.

Yes - that's exactly what it's like, a ring that's open in the middle! I guess I probably should have gone through and labeled what was in each picture. Let's just say that you can pretty much see everything except for the castle!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #953
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Interview went well. I felt better after Tuesday's though. I should know by the middle of next week.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 08-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #954
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post

Yes - that's exactly what it's like, a ring that's open in the middle! I guess I probably should have gone through and labeled what was in each picture. Let's just say that you can pretty much see everything except for the castle! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
You'd still be labeling if you had tried to do that! There were lots of things in those pics! I'm going to go back again and see what all I can identify.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #955
lala3291
DIS Veteran

That balloon looks so neat! I can't believe how much you can see! I'm glad that you finally got to ride it!:good vibes

And to answer Jodi's question...we will actually be at the GF both in November and January! We were going to do the Poly in January, but with Hawaii being worked on, we are going to save the Poly until later next year. We loved Hawaii so much, especially since we realized how CL is really worth it for our family. Everything about Hawaii was perfect, the room view, lounge, location, etc. and we want to make sure we stay in that longhouse again! I have also heard rumors about the volcano pool being under construction then too, which is another reason why we will stay at the GF then. We will certainly be making visits to the Poly to check things out during both trips!! We were even thinking about the Poly for November, but the Christmas decorations are so beautiful at the GF that we can't stay anywhere else at Christmas time!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- BC
Nov. '15- GF
Old 08-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #956
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Interview went well. I felt better after Tuesday's though. I should know by the middle of next week.
Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
You'd still be labeling if you had tried to do that! There were lots of things in those pics! I'm going to go back again and see what all I can identify.
That's true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
That balloon looks so neat! I can't believe how much you can see! I'm glad that you finally got to ride it!:good vibes

And to answer Jodi's question...we will actually be at the GF both in November and January! We were going to do the Poly in January, but with Hawaii being worked on, we are going to save the Poly until later next year. We loved Hawaii so much, especially since we realized how CL is really worth it for our family. Everything about Hawaii was perfect, the room view, lounge, location, etc. and we want to make sure we stay in that longhouse again! I have also heard rumors about the volcano pool being under construction then too, which is another reason why we will stay at the GF then. We will certainly be making visits to the Poly to check things out during both trips!! We were even thinking about the Poly for November, but the Christmas decorations are so beautiful at the GF that we can't stay anywhere else at Christmas time!

It was super cool! I'm glad we got to do it.

Wow the GF in Nov & Jan!! It will be neat to see the differences in the resort(due to construction) between the 2 trips. You will have to take lots of pics & ask lots of questions for Jodi & I in November since we will be there a few weeks later!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #957
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Hey Shelly!

Wow--- so cool! I'm glad you finally got to go up in the balloon! The pictures don't do it justice I'm sure-- but were you scared at all?? Weak kneed a little bit when you looked down?? I am afraid I would be scared and a little nauseous when I saw the ground.

What a neat update this one was-- especially since they may not ever bring back the balloon- and at some point your kids will be able to say that they did it "way way back in the stone age of WDW".

Lauren=== wow--- the GF so close together-- super jealous I am! I don't blame you for staying there both times, with the Hawaii building being redone. And think how awesome it will be when it's all done!!
We too have found that CL works for my family really well too- I guess for some it does and some it doesn't. Will you stay RPC or SL?? I can't wait to get there, even with the Grand all torn up-- it looks like "home" to me!
And yes please-- lots of pictures to show us to get us excited for our Dec trip!
ETA---- LOVE your ticker!!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #958
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

All caught up again... Just a busy summer keeping me from my DIS time! We're in a lull right now between summer excursions & school starting so I've been getting caught up.

Looks like the crowds had settled down by later in the week. I believe the end of our trip overlapped with the beginning of yours & that's when we saw HUGE crowds too. I'm glad they didn't stick around too long.

Fun balloon ride - glad you got to finally ride it before they stopped running it.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #959
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Hey Shelly!

Wow--- so cool! I'm glad you finally got to go up in the balloon! The pictures don't do it justice I'm sure-- but were you scared at all?? Weak kneed a little bit when you looked down?? I am afraid I would be scared and a little nauseous when I saw the ground.

What a neat update this one was-- especially since they may not ever bring back the balloon- and at some point your kids will be able to say that they did it "way way back in the stone age of WDW".

Lauren=== wow--- the GF so close together-- super jealous I am! I don't blame you for staying there both times, with the Hawaii building being redone. And think how awesome it will be when it's all done!!
We too have found that CL works for my family really well too- I guess for some it does and some it doesn't. Will you stay RPC or SL?? I can't wait to get there, even with the Grand all torn up-- it looks like "home" to me!
And yes please-- lots of pictures to show us to get us excited for our Dec trip!
ETA---- LOVE your ticker!!
You know -- it really wasn't scary at all! Not for any of us - even DS10! It was too cool to be scary I guess.

I'm so glad we finally got to do it!

I'm so jealous of yours & Lauren's matching tickers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
All caught up again... Just a busy summer keeping me from my DIS time! We're in a lull right now between summer excursions & school starting so I've been getting caught up.

Looks like the crowds had settled down by later in the week. I believe the end of our trip overlapped with the beginning of yours & that's when we saw HUGE crowds too. I'm glad they didn't stick around too long.

Fun balloon ride - glad you got to finally ride it before they stopped running it.
Sounds like you have had a busy and fun summer!! I can't believe we only have 3 weeks left before school starts.

Honestly I don't think we will go that time of year again. May used to be so much less crowded. There is no real advantage of going then when we can go in late August (when the temp is basically the same) when it is so much less crowded and not have to worry about missing school. I hope we don't have to deal with huge crowds in early December... Although this is more of a relaxing trip, so we won't be spending a ton of time in the parks.

I'm so glad we got to do the hot air balloon before they took it away!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #960
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!:good vibes

Jodi- I never even realized that our tickers are matching! Too funny! We will actually be staying RPC both times at the GF! We loved SL on our visit in November 2011, but I splurged and booked us RPC for these next two times! On our other GF visits, we did RPC and loved the convenience of being in the main building. SL was great too though, and we loved it! Don't worry, I will have PLENTY of pictures of the GF for both you and Shelly!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- BC
Nov. '15- GF

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: