Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #76
NMW
DIS Veteran

subscribing
Old 05-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #77
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer

I haven't stayed at the BC, but it's on the top of my wish list. The room size doesn't look so impressive, but that Mickey lamp is so cute! And I love the balcony. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #78
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Jumping in!!

Old 05-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #79
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

How did I miss that you started your TR

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #80
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
subscribing
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfggirl5454 View Post
I haven't stayed at the BC, but it's on the top of my wish list. The room size doesn't look so impressive, but that Mickey lamp is so cute! And I love the balcony. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!
Welcome! The room wasn't too impressive, but there are some good things about staying at the BC! And that lamp is so cute -- I want one for my bedroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Jumping in!!
Welcome, hope you enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
How did I miss that you started your TR
Well there you are! I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering if you knew I started the TR!! Glad you're here.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #81
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

After checking out our room and view we unpacked a bit. And against my better judgment we headed off to Epcot. At the time we didn't know that right around the corner from our room was an elevator (just 1, not like the set of 4 that go to the lobby) that takes you out by the quiet pool and closer to Epcot. So we headed back down several hallways and to the main/lobby elevators and took them down and we went out the main doors and turned left to walk to Epcot.

I took a few pics on the way to Epcot, but not very many. Like I said, I was tired & grumpy! Sorry.

As we approached the International Gateway entrance we could see that there was something going on. There is usually a big open area there across from the boat dock, but it was all partitioned off and there were tons of buses lined up waiting for people. And they weren't WDW buses. It was weird!

We soon realized that Epcot was packed! Seriously people everywhere. Big groups of people. Somewhere between the UK and Canada there on the left (heading towards the front of Epcot) there is a big building. It is usually blocked off by a wall. Well there was no wall there tonight and there were hundreds of people pouring out of it. I'm guessing that is who the buses were waiting for. Although the people were in no hurry and were just hanging out and being loud and taking up a lot of space. I think it might have had something to so with dance and/or cheerleading. Not sure.

It took quite awhile to get through all that mess. Since TT is closed we headed straight for Soarin, even though we knew the wait was going to be long. It was at 45 minutes now, and this was at about 10:00pm or so. My kids don't generally want to wait for anything that is over about 15-20 minutes. We decided to go ahead and get in line since there was really nothing else to do this late. Hoping that the wait would actually not be that long. But as soon as we headed up that ramp I knew it was going to be more like an hour+ wait so we turned around and left.

Now even more tired and more grumpy we stood outside of the Land not knowing what to do next. Or at all. DS13 suggested Nemo since it was right next door so that's what we did.

Continued in next post....

Old 05-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #82
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

After a ride through the big blue world we were all in a little better mood!

We were all a little hungry since we hadn't eaten anything since about 4-4:30 at the airport. So we decided that we would get a little snack and call it a day. We headed towards the fountains hoping to get an ice cream cone at the Fountainview Cafe. Unfortunately they were closed. Now we were back to being grumpy. We passed by a few snack/ice cream carts that were also closed. We weren't up for a trek around World Showcase, so we headed right hoping to find something along the way that was still open.

Finally DS10 spotted something open and they had ice cream!! YAY! Chocolate & vanilla swirls in waffle cones for everyone!!

After that we called it a night and walked back to the BC. We finished unpacking and went to bed. Luckily we didn't have anywhere to be too early the next morning because DH snored the entire night and DS10 – who had a little cold before we left – coughed half the night. After 2 doses of cough meds about 4 hours apart he finally quieted down. I think I may have slept for about 2-3 hours that night.

Up Next: Soarin into the morning

Old 05-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #84
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Hi Shelly! I'm joining in!!! Loving it, although I am so sorry for all the "bumps" so far, but you do state it gets better, right!!???

Welcome! Yes we did get off to somewhat of a rough start -- but it does get better!

Hope you will enjoy!
Old 05-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #85
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Ok Kelli, this comment coming from the Queen of Clean Baseboards should speak volumes! If it passes Jo's white glove inspection, then it MUST be a winner! Go with confidence Kelli!

(Jo, I can pick at you about this b/c I too have been known to check and inspect 'unusual' places in hotel rooms. I've also been accused of taking more cleaning/disinfecting products in my luggage than what the room attendant has on her cart. )
Woot woot!!! Thanks again!!!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 05-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #86
lala3291
DIS Veteran

I love the Nemo ride...I don't know what it is, but it makes me so happy! That's a bummer about it being so crowded. The line for Soarin always seems so long, and the line seems to go so slow. I don't blame you for not waiting!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI April '14- CR Nov. '15- GF
Old 05-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #87
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh bummer Shelly! I'm sorry Soarin' had such a long wait even though it was so darn late. I'm glad you found ice cream though! Yum!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 05-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #88
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
I love the Nemo ride...I don't know what it is, but it makes me so happy! That's a bummer about it being so crowded. The line for Soarin always seems so long, and the line seems to go so slow. I don't blame you for not waiting!

It is one of those rides that always brings a smile to my face, not sure why either!

We have been in that Soarin line plenty of times to know how long the wait is from each point, and it was definitely going to be over an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh bummer Shelly! I'm sorry Soarin' had such a long wait even though it was so darn late. I'm glad you found ice cream though! Yum!
Now I know why we usually avoid EMH!!

It's okay though, we ended up getting to ride Soarin more times than we expected throughout the week.

That ice cream was very yummy!!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #89
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

Sorry you didn't love Beach Club. We have stayed there once in a studio villa and thought it was really big. My hubby didn't love it there, but I really did and my girls did too. I have such fond memories of that lobby and the SMELL..I love what they pump in through the vents. Smells like I am at the shore in south jersey.

We always avoid evening EMH bc it seems to be so busy. If you can stay til the end it usually quiets down but my girls can't seem to hang past 9pm. We are early EMH people...when MK opens at 8 I am in heaven

Can't wait to hear more. I am getting excited for our halloween trip. I feel so bad for a friend of mine though. SHe is driving home from the world today and a tummy bug has hit her family hard on this trip. Talk about a bummer. Luckily its their second trip this year so they go alot.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #90
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Hi Shelly! I'm here and joining in! Now the question is....can I keep up???

What a tough start! Having to wait all day for an evening flight must have been torture! Glad you at least found ice cream before the day ended!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: