Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #811
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Hey Shelly

I feel behind in all my DIS threads but finally caught up on yours this morning. I can't believe that CM at the train station. I am sure someone reported him. Omg loved your first attempt at Tonga Toast

I had an ADR for Tony's again this trip but switched to LTT since we have yet to eat there of course if I can get one for BOG on our MVMCP night I will be changeing again

Glad you enjoyed Tony's, we liked it too but I can see why many do not care for the sauce, my eldest son would have had a fit seeing the onion in it

Love the pic of your family with Minnie & Mickey and the boys with the princesses were great!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #812
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hello Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!! It's a beautiful sunny day here and 82 degrees -- perfect!

Hope your having a great time at WDW Lauren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
Looks like a great start to your Epcot day I always love seeing the pics of entering through WS - Sooooo peaceful. I would love to enter through there one day instead of being smashed in with the masses.

Hope DS got over his fear of Maelstrom.
It was a great morning at Epcot. It's so nice to enter back there. So quiet and not crowded!!

Maelstrom is coming up next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Hey Shelly

I feel behind in all my DIS threads but finally caught up on yours this morning. I can't believe that CM at the train station. I am sure someone reported him. Omg loved your first attempt at Tonga Toast

I had an ADR for Tony's again this trip but switched to LTT since we have yet to eat there of course if I can get one for BOG on our MVMCP night I will be changeing again

Glad you enjoyed Tony's, we liked it too but I can see why many do not care for the sauce, my eldest son would have had a fit seeing the onion in it

Love the pic of your family with Minnie & Mickey and the boys with the princesses were great!

Hey Sheila! I have been wondering what you have been up to.

Oh yes, wasn't my first attempt at Tonga Toast lovely?!

We've never done LTT. I've heard it's good, there's just not much there that the kids would like. I was looking at the BOG menu and I'm not sure there's much there for us either. So we may just end up at Tony's again!

Thanks, we got some really good character pics that night!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #813
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Hey... I've been away but I'm all caught up now! Your DHS day looked very productive... it reminded me of all the things I have yet to do at DHS! Those milkshakes at Dockside look delicious! Thanks for letting us know that they are the same from Sci-Fi! That event you saw in the morning did look very pretty!

I'm glad you liked your Tony meal. I found the food to be good there but the service was so rushed when we went. To their credit it was rush hour for dinner so I understood.

What was up with CM... I always makes me so sad to hear about rude, and unpleasant CMs. Mostly because some people visit once or maybe twice and it can really ruin the whole experience.

I love Malestorm so I can't wait to read about what happened with your DS.
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 07-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #814
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Well toot.

I haven't seen a BOG menu. And I just want you to know my brain cells were on overload trying to figure out what that abbreviation meant. I mean, they are always on overload but I think that my brain was smoking on that one.

*rushes off to find the menu....*
Old 07-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #815
JoBird
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Holy cow they have Quinoa!!!! I can eat that!!!!

Okay back to read more.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #816
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC423 View Post
Hey... I've been away but I'm all caught up now! Your DHS day looked very productive... it reminded me of all the things I have yet to do at DHS! Those milkshakes at Dockside look delicious! Thanks for letting us know that they are the same from Sci-Fi! That event you saw in the morning did look very pretty!

I'm glad you liked your Tony meal. I found the food to be good there but the service was so rushed when we went. To their credit it was rush hour for dinner so I understood.

What was up with CM... I always makes me so sad to hear about rude, and unpleasant CMs. Mostly because some people visit once or maybe twice and it can really ruin the whole experience.

I love Malestorm so I can't wait to read about what happened with your DS.
Hey! Glad you are all caught up. Yep that event set up looked pretty cool - wish we were invited!!

I did find Tony's a bit rushed now that you mention it. But really that is okay. It's not like they were telling us to leave or anything, but at the same time everything was done VERY quickly. I bet we were only in there about 45 minutes.

I know, I really hope someone got his name and reported his grumpy behind!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Well toot.

I haven't seen a BOG menu. And I just want you to know my brain cells were on overload trying to figure out what that abbreviation meant. I mean, they are always on overload but I think that my brain was smoking on that one.

*rushes off to find the menu....*

You know, the first time I saw 'BOG' I was like -- what the heck is that???
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Holy cow they have Quinoa!!!! I can eat that!!!!

Okay back to read more.
I don't even know what that is!!

Old 07-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #817
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Ok I give up what the heck is BOG??? I've been trying lol.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 07-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #818
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Ok I give up what the heck is BOG??? I've been trying lol.
The new Be Our Guest restaurant in MK! Should be open late this year.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #819
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

When we were done in Mexico we moved on to Norway. Remember the little deal the boys had from the day before when DS13 rode the HM and DS10 in turn promised to ride Maelstrom??? Well he was determined to stick to his promise. He was very nervous. He hadn't rode it for several years because he remembered not liking going backwards and the big drop. He stuck to his promise, rode it, LOVED it, and rode it again!!!

And even made a pin trade in the middle of all that!

So I am happy to report that he conquered his fear of Maelstrom and we now have one more ride that we can all enjoy together!

Next up was China. We were all getting hungry and we took a look at the CS place there, but that was a big fat NO!

Next we came upon Germany. And of course couldn't resist stopping in the caramel store, again! Not a good place to shop when you are hungry!!

We picked up a few snacks to enjoy after lunch and then moved on.

Pretty soon we were coming upon America. We were all very hungry by now, so we ended up going to the Liberty Inn for lunch. We had never been there before.

It wasn't too crowded at all and we were able to order right away and find a seat with no problem!

DH got the Grilled Chicken flatbread with fries. DS10 and I shared the adults Chicken Breast Nuggets and fries. And DS13 got the kids mac & cheese with grapes and a cookie.

And we all shared our snacks we had picked up in Germany.

This was the first time we have ever been disappointed in anything from the caramel store. That cookie and brownie tasted like they had been sitting there for days. Not fresh as all. The choc & caramel covered pretzel was very good though!

As for the Liberty Inn:

Rating: 8 out of 10
Total Bill: $22.79

Up Next: Making our way through World Showcase

Old 07-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #820
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys

The new Be Our Guest restaurant in MK! Should be open late this year.
Ok I knew that!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 07-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #821
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

"not too crowded at all"? I daresay it barely looked like it was open!!

Did you generally like the food? 8 out of 10 is pretty good!

So glad DS10 liked Maelstrom! We're working on getting Paige to ride. She's never been on it that we can remember. Sarah has once with one of my SILs a few years back.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #822
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Ok I knew that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
"not too crowded at all"? I daresay it barely looked like it was open!!

Did you generally like the food? 8 out of 10 is pretty good!

So glad DS10 liked Maelstrom! We're working on getting Paige to ride. She's never been on it that we can remember. Sarah has once with one of my SILs a few years back.
You're right -- it was pretty empty when we first got there!!

The food was decent. Average WDW CS food I guess. Maybe a bit better than average.

You've got to get her to ride it!! DS loved it so much!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #823
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Yay for DS10!! Isn't it great to conquer a fear?

I love your Epcot pics. Being able to stroll through WS without throngs of people is awesome!

We've eaten at Liberty Inn several times, and it's always been quick, but never as empty as it was for y'all! That had to be disappointing that the caramel goodies weren't very goodie.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #824
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Yay for DS10!! Isn't it great to conquer a fear?

I love your Epcot pics. Being able to stroll through WS without throngs of people is awesome!

We've eaten at Liberty Inn several times, and it's always been quick, but never as empty as it was for y'all! That had to be disappointing that the caramel goodies weren't very goodie.

It was awesome to see him love it so much!

Yes, Epcot is so great -- when it's not crowded!!

Well since I was the one who got the pretzel I wasn't too disappointed! That cookie & brownie were not fresh at all. I was surprised, everything else from there has been so good. And this was even fairly early in the day!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #825
JoBird

"Next up was China. We were all getting hungry and we took a look at the CS place there, but that was a big fat NO!"

You funny funny girl!! Didn't you even want an egg roll?? I hear they're divine.

I can't believe how empty it was in the Epcot that day--- it looked like you had the place to yourselves!!

Good for your DS riding Maelstrom and loving it so much he rode it again!! That is wonderful!! Now to get him onto EE....

Your lunch at Liberty Inn looked good! I don't think I've ever seen any pics of the food there-- I had read before that it wasn't too good. So it's nice to see what you thought of it. The chicken sandwich I think looks excellent! I'll keep it in mind for Belle...

Boo hiss on the yucky treats. I hate a nasty ole hard leftover cookie. Blech.

Yay for WS!!!

PS--- Quinoa is a grain. You wouldn't like it I don't think; I barely can eat it, even with my rice addiction.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: