Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #766
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
That new show is really a feat for the eyes! I just love all the multicoloured and patterened looks on the castle!

I didn't even realize there was Root beer dole whip float!!!! Not sure how I missed that - I even have a picture of the sign in my trip report for the day we got our Dole Whips! LOL Now I'm going to have to go back and read it again - even more surprising is that DH didn't get one!! If he saw it onthe sign I thought for sure he would have gotten it. LOL
It is pretty neat!

Yep, DH really enjoyed that root beer float!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I've been reading along, but have not had a lot of time to post.

Your MK day looks so wonderful! Just thinking about it makes me feel relaxed and happy! I'm glad your illness didn't affect you too much.

Dole Whips will cure anything! YUMMY!
I think everyone has been pretty busy lately, not a lot of posts in here these days!

MK was wonderful that day. Yep, a Dole Whip is awesome medicine!!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #767
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Hi Shelly! Just wanted to say "goodbye" until next Tuesday night...we leave very early tomorrow! I will try to check in from the Poly, but if I don't have time, have a great week!

Thank you also for all of your Poly advice. I can't wait to stay there...finally! I don't know how I am going to be able to sleep tonight. Although, even when I do get to sleep, I won't be asleep for long! The alarm is set for 3:15 AM!

Have a good week everyone!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- BC
Nov. '15- GF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #768
2kids2luv
Mouseketeer

So glad the day turned out so wonderful after a not great start. The warm sun must have been what your needed. The food at Tony's looked very good. I hear so many mixed reviews for there but now I want to try it.
Can't believe you got your sons to meet the princesses! How fun for all of you. Short wait times, dole whips and wishes...can't ask for much more.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #769
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Hi Shelly! Just wanted to say "goodbye" until next Tuesday night...we leave very early tomorrow! I will try to check in from the Poly, but if I don't have time, have a great week!

Thank you also for all of your Poly advice. I can't wait to stay there...finally! I don't know how I am going to be able to sleep tonight. Although, even when I do get to sleep, I won't be asleep for long! The alarm is set for 3:15 AM!

Have a good week everyone!
Bye Lauren!! Have a safe and wonderful trip and eat lots of Dole Whips for me! Can't wait to hear what you think of the Poly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kids2luv View Post
So glad the day turned out so wonderful after a not great start. The warm sun must have been what your needed. The food at Tony's looked very good. I hear so many mixed reviews for there but now I want to try it.
Can't believe you got your sons to meet the princesses! How fun for all of you. Short wait times, dole whips and wishes...can't ask for much more.
I was so glad too. I thought for sure when I got up that morning that the day was going to be a loss. But it turned out to be the best day of the trip!!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #770
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

IDk if they let you watch the fireworks from the treehouse but one of these trips I'm a gonna find out. There is a perfect shot of the castle from there. Shhhhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone.

Okay I'm ready for Rope Drop at Epcot....

Forgot to add--- Lauren!!-- Have a wonderful trip! I hope you love the POLY!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #771
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
IDk if they let you watch the fireworks from the treehouse but one of these trips I'm a gonna find out. There is a perfect shot of the castle from there. Shhhhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone.

Okay I'm ready for Rope Drop at Epcot....

Forgot to add--- Lauren!!-- Have a wonderful trip! I hope you love the POLY!!!

Okay, it's our little secret!!

Epcot is coming up soon!

Lauren should be lounging by the Poly pool by now!!! I'm so dang jealous!

Check in with us soon Lauren!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #772
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Well, we are here! Posting live from the monorail! MK was so busy we had to leave after only 1.5 hours! It's ok though, we are having fun!

The Poly is everything I hoped it would be and more! It's so beautiful. We got our third floor hawaii request and are overlooking the castle!

More later, thanks Jo and Shelly for the well wishes!!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- BC
Nov. '15- GF
Old 07-25-2012, 02:14 PM   #773
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Well, we are here! Posting live from the monorail! MK was so busy we had to leave after only 1.5 hours! It's ok though, we are having fun!

The Poly is everything I hoped it would be and more! It's so beautiful. We got our third floor hawaii request and are overlooking the castle!

More later, thanks Jo and Shelly for the well wishes!!

YAY a live report!!!

So glad you are enjoying the Poly so far! And a top floor & theme park view - awesome!

Sorry MK was crowded. That's weird for a Wednesday. Hope the crowds thin out for you!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #774
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Good morning. Not sure if anyone is around, but at Jodi's request I am going to go ahead with Epcot!!

Day 6: Thursday May 3

After a good nights sleep we were up bright & early for rope drop at Epcot. Of course since we only had a 10 minute walk to get to Epcot, we didn't have to get up too bright & early!

The walk there was quiet and pleasant. And best of all that area that had been previously blocked off for buses was all open with no buses!!

As you can see there weren't too many people at the International Gateway for RD.

I forget what time it was when they finally let us enter the park, but it wasn't much before 9:00.

We made our way through the UK and Canada and to The Land.

We got right in line for Soarin and only waited about 5-10 minutes. Then we grabbed some FP's and then noticed that the stand-by line was still not that long so we got in line and rode again!

After our second flight on Soarin we could have waited about 5 minutes and our FP's would have been coming due. But the boys said twice was enough and they wanted to go ride Spaceship Earth and Mission Space. So we gave our FP's to a family heading into the Land and we headed for Spaceship Earth!

There was no wait at SE!

Continued in next post.....

Old 07-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #775
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

When we were done we sent our videos home and then we headed for Mission Space. But not before walking by a sad looking Test Track.

DH and the kids did the green version of MS, while I waited outside and talked to Jodi. I hate that ride!!

When they were done on MS we all went into Mouse Gear. I just love that store! Although I don't think I bought anything in there this time.

Then we moved on to start our journey around World Showcase.

First stop – Mexico!

Gran Fiesta Tour had no wait! And while none of my GFT pics came out well, DS10's did!

Up Next: Will DS10 conquer his fear of Maelstrom?

Old 07-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #776
JoBird
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

What a wonderful start to the day!!

Two rides on Soarin, a little Paying it Forward with the FP's (I always feel so good when I do that for someone- makes me smile!), a ride on SpaceShip Earth, A talk with Me, you got your shopping on, and then rode the Gran Fiesta!!! I think that you couldn't really have a better morning at Epcot!!

Two things---
this morning I got up took a shower, got ready, sat down here and started reading your TR only to see your pic of what you had on that day. I HAVE ON THE EXACT SAME OUTFIT TODAY. Same color tank and shorts. It's that Psychic thing.

Okay the other thing--- the pic of you and DH in your future Hover mobile- I saw it and immediately started singing "Meet George Jetson... Jane, his wife."

Funny.

ANyway, great update. I love mornings like that in Epcot.

Now, I hope that Maelstrom was conquered!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #777
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

What a wonderful start to the day!!

Two rides on Soarin, a little Paying it Forward with the FP's (I always feel so good when I do that for someone- makes me smile!), a ride on SpaceShip Earth, A talk with Me, you got your shopping on, and then rode the Gran Fiesta!!! I think that you couldn't really have a better morning at Epcot!!

Two things---
this morning I got up took a shower, got ready, sat down here and started reading your TR only to see your pic of what you had on that day. I HAVE ON THE EXACT SAME OUTFIT TODAY. Same color tank and shorts. It's that Psychic thing.

Okay the other thing--- the pic of you and DH in your future Hover mobile- I saw it and immediately started singing "Meet George Jetson... Jane, his wife."

Funny.

ANyway, great update. I love mornings like that in Epcot.

Now, I hope that Maelstrom was conquered!

I knew you would love the start to this day!!

We were very happy to have 2 rides on Soarin. I would have went for 3, but I guess we needed to get moving on. We had already been on it 2 times that Sunday too! So that makes 4 rides on the trip! Good thing because in December Test Track will be our top priority at Epcot!

I think I always talk to you when the rest of the fam is on Mission Space!

That is too funny that you have on that same outfit!! I am actually wearing those shorts right now, but not the top.

George & Jane Jetson!!

Glad you enjoyed the update. Lots more Epcot to come!!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #778
JoBird

I think in Dec I will need to send my kiddos with yours to ride M:S. Hate that dang ride and they want to ride it again.

And of course they will do the TT photo together.

It's gonna be great.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #779
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

That's a good idea. Then I will be able to talk to you when they do MS, like always!

I can't wait for TT. I hope it's just as good as it used to be!

Dec is going to be awesome!!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #780
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great day at Epcot! I just love World Showcase and Soarin!

We are having a great time here! It is so nice, but it is so, so humid! We are back at the Poly now resting in the room. We hit MK this morning after our first Kona breakfast ever! I had the Tonga Toast. You were right, Shelly! It is DELICIOUS! MK wasn't too busy until we left. We are headed to DHS tonight for Mama Melrose dinner. Hopefully we will hit a few rides. We are going to leave here in about an hour. Last night we had our Illuminations Cruise..it was such a nice night!

I will try to check in later!

Nov. '15- GF

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: