Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #751
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued....

It was getting close to Wishes time so we headed back towards Main Street. A few minutes after we got there they started the memories show that they do now on the castle.

And pretty soon it was time and Wishes began! There's really not much better than watching Wishes after a wonderful afternoon at MK! This was probably the best day of vacation, even though I was sick.

Then it was out to the bus stop and back to the BC and to bed!

Up Next: Rope Drop at Epcot!

Old 07-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #752
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fabulous day (except for being sick though lol)

It's still not fair that it's my turn to go to WDW in 11 weeks and then you go and book to go back again not long after I get home!?!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #753
lala3291
DIS Veteran

It looks like it was a great day! But too bad you were sick!

I feel like we haven't seen the regular Wishes in a while! We missed Wishes in February, and then we saw Holiday Wishes in November. I can't wait to see it soon!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- Poly
Nov. '15- GF
Old 07-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #754
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

You and dh look so cute on the Aladdin ride Shelly! And I completely agree with you about Wishes. There is something that is just magical about ending your night with it. Makes for a wonderful day!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 07-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #755
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Sounds like a fabulous day (except for being sick though lol)

It's still not fair that it's my turn to go to WDW in 11 weeks and then you go and book to go back again not long after I get home!?!
The day sure ended a lot better than I thought it would when I woke up that morning!!

I need to start counting down in weeks, it always makes it seem so much closer than it actually is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
It looks like it was a great day! But too bad you were sick!

I feel like we haven't seen the regular Wishes in a while! We missed Wishes in February, and then we saw Holiday Wishes in November. I can't wait to see it soon!
It was a great day!

I really missed regular Wishes the trip we only saw Holiday Wishes.
Holiday Wishes was nice, but I missed the regular version for sure!

2 Days Lauren!! Are you all packed yet???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
You and dh look so cute on the Aladdin ride Shelly! And I completely agree with you about Wishes. There is something that is just magical about ending your night with it. Makes for a wonderful day!
Thanks Kelli!

Wishes can make any day great!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #756
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Can you believe that we are not all packed yet? All of our clothes are pretty much laid out- but they are not in the suitcases yet! And DD18 (her 19th birthday is tomorrow!) and DD21 are packing themselves, but I think they are done! I am so excited- I literally couldn't sleep last night- the next two nights should be interesting!

You have me so excited for the Poly!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- Poly
Nov. '15- GF
Old 07-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #757
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can you believe that we are not all packed yet? All of our clothes are pretty much laid out- but they are not in the suitcases yet! And DD18 (her 19th birthday is tomorrow!) and DD21 are packing themselves, but I think they are done! I am so excited- I literally couldn't sleep last night- the next two nights should be interesting!

Tell your dd happy Birthday from Texas!! My bday is Wednesday!!!! We have such hot weather for celebrating! I remember as a kid loving when it stormed on my birthday because it would cool it down! (like to 80 something, what a treat,right?!)...hope you get it all done today!!!! You are making me nervous! I pre pack like Shelly!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #758
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I hope you love the Poly as much as we do!! Happy Birthday to your DD!

And get on that packing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #759
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Dole Whips and Wishes all in one day- it doesn't get any better than that!

Love that the boys met the princesses! In a few more years they might be a bit more eager to get in line for them.

Thanks for the review of Tony's! That's on our list of places to try next trip. We love pasta so I'm hoping it's good. My DS will have what your DS had- noodles with butter. I'm so thankful Disney is so accommodating for those of us with picky eaters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Maybe you can get to DL in Dec or Jan!! That would be fun! I think most of the big construction is done out there now that Cars Land is open!

Yeah, a lot of the GF construction is set ot end in 'December'. No date though. And then they are starting work on the pool deck at the Poly - in either Dec or Jan.....Plus they are starting room rehabs in the Poly longhouses in October.

They have to try each and every time we walk by that dang thing!! Maybe someday!!

IDK when those walls are coming down. I think a lot of it should be done by then, but not all. There is one attraction (I forget which one) that they are now saying 2014 for completion.

So is there something you would like to tell me about the first week of May 2013???
We're considering the first week of May! I've already got it all planned but I'm still working on DH. If not May then our next trip will be in October. October just seems so far away!

Old 07-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #760
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Adventureland is one of my favorite places at night--- and when you top it with a Dole Whip, what could be any better???
We love to walk to the top of the treehouse at night-- it's the only time we do it. It is so beautiful! And the view of the castle-- I'm not sure but if they'd let you stand there, you'd have a perfect shot at watching Wishes from up there!

You got some good rides in at the last minute! How wonderful!

Corn dog nuggets... He's a growing boy!!

What a perfect day!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #761
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Dole Whips and Wishes all in one day- it doesn't get any better than that!

Love that the boys met the princesses! In a few more years they might be a bit more eager to get in line for them.

Thanks for the review of Tony's! That's on our list of places to try next trip. We love pasta so I'm hoping it's good. My DS will have what your DS had- noodles with butter. I'm so thankful Disney is so accommodating for those of us with picky eaters!

We're considering the first week of May! I've already got it all planned but I'm still working on DH. If not May then our next trip will be in October. October just seems so far away!

Dole Whips & Wishes

I think if one of the princesses had been Jasmine they would have been a bit more interested!!

I hope you get to try Tony's! In MAY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

Adventureland is one of my favorite places at night--- and when you top it with a Dole Whip, what could be any better???
We love to walk to the top of the treehouse at night-- it's the only time we do it. It is so beautiful! And the view of the castle-- I'm not sure but if they'd let you stand there, you'd have a perfect shot at watching Wishes from up there!

You got some good rides in at the last minute! How wonderful!

Corn dog nuggets... He's a growing boy!!

What a perfect day!!!!

Adventureland at night is awesome!! I don't think we had ever done that before. It was really fun! You are right -- that would be great to watch Wishes from the treehouse. I wonder if they let you do that??

I know, corndog nuggets for dessert?

Old 07-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #762
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Sounded like a great day. Wishes and a Dole Whip YUM!!! What could be better than that??!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 07-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #763
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Sounded like a great day. Wishes and a Dole Whip YUM!!! What could be better than that??!!

It was a pretty great day!
Old 07-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #764
wakica
DIS Veteran

That new show is really a feat for the eyes! I just love all the multicoloured and patterened looks on the castle!

I didn't even realize there was Root beer dole whip float!!!! Not sure how I missed that - I even have a picture of the sign in my trip report for the day we got our Dole Whips! LOL Now I'm going to have to go back and read it again - even more surprising is that DH didn't get one!! If he saw it onthe sign I thought for sure he would have gotten it. LOL

Me dh dd(16)
Old 07-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #765
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I've been reading along, but have not had a lot of time to post.

Your MK day looks so wonderful! Just thinking about it makes me feel relaxed and happy! I'm glad your illness didn't affect you too much.

Dole Whips will cure anything! YUMMY!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: