Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #556
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
You mean like when you open your door and step outside, you immediately start to glisten and your hair starts frizzing out like Monica's did on the Friends episode? I know that humidity!

I remember when I went to Vegas a couple of times. I kept hearing about how it was a dry heat. The temps were way up there, about 100 degrees. It was true that you didn't immediately start to melt when you went outside, but after a while, you did feel those temps. I did get hot, but it is a different kind of hot.
Yeah, pretty much like that!!

I can't wait to go out west and see what this dry heat is all about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Thanks so much again friends! I love the advice!

Sorry to hijack Shelly!
Hijack away!! We're here to help!

Quote:
Did you like Star Tours Shelly? I haven't ridden since the update but the last time I got really motion sick. Ugh.

Rinky, I must know this Little Mermaid story!!!

I can just imagine the sighs when you found out it was just a training boat. lol!
I like it. I don't love it or have to ride it! It's pretty neat now that it's in 3D.

Yeah, it was so hot and there was a pretty decent size line for the boat and then that guy says it's a training boat!!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #557
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

OK, now you are getting us all very curious! We need to hear the LM story.

Hellloooo......Rinky?? You gotta tell us!

Great pic of y'all in front of the hat. You can't tell from the pic how hot you must have been. No glistening or dripping sweat!

Cute hat pics of the boys, too!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #558
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK, now you are getting us all very curious! We need to hear the LM story.

Hellloooo......Rinky?? You gotta tell us!

Great pic of y'all in front of the hat. You can't tell from the pic how hot you must have been. No glistening or dripping sweat!

Cute hat pics of the boys, too!

Guess Rinky isn't around to tell us the story today. Oh well, maybe tomorrow....

Thanks! I'm glad we stopped for that picture, I think it's about the only decent family shot we got all week! Glad you can't tell I was *glistening*.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #559
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

I leave for a couple of days and come back to everyone talking about me!

We had some of that bad weather come through here and got a pretty rough hail storm out of it. Trees are down everywhere and they have JUST gotten the power back on to everyone. You should be thankful that you decided not to move here. We have been in a weather pattern from Hell lately!

------------------

I don't think I could handle a ride on Star Tours in that kind of heat. I don't blame you for not wanting to ride. And boy do I know all about getting your hopes up for a boat only to have it dashed.

Quote:
Did you like Star Tours Shelly? I haven't ridden since the update but the last time I got really motion sick. Ugh.

Rinky, I must know this Little Mermaid story!!!

I can just imagine the sighs when you found out it was just a training boat. lol!
Well, I must say that I really wish Shelly had thought about me for a nicer memory than the one from the LM...

But if you really want to read about my traumatic experience, you can find it here just after the Toy Story pictures....

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=843

Kelli, I think you've already read about it but it has taken me so long to finish my TR that you've probably forgotten.

You all have a good laugh at my expense now...

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 07-03-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #560
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I leave for a couple of days and come back to everyone talking about me!

We had some of that bad weather come through here and got a pretty rough hail storm out of it. Trees are down everywhere and they have JUST gotten the power back on to everyone. You should be thankful that you decided not to move here. We have been in a weather pattern from Hell lately!

------------------

I don't think I could handle a ride on Star Tours in that kind of heat. I don't blame you for not wanting to ride. And boy do I know all about getting your hopes up for a boat only to have it dashed.

Well, I must say that I really wish Shelly had thought about me for a nicer memory than the one from the LM...

But if you really want to read about my traumatic experience, you can find it here just after the Toy Story pictures....

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=843

Kelly, I think you've already read about it but it has taken me so long to finish my TR that you've probably forgotten.

You all have a good laugh at my expense now...

Yeah Rinky's here!! I've felt so alone here this week. I think only Kelli, Teri, and now you have been here. It's like a ghost-town in here!! Everyone must be on vacation!

Sorry you got caught up in that bad weather!! I don't think they got any of that in Charlotte (where we would have been), other than some extreme heat. We just got a little thunderstorm here, but it's passing already. We need the rain. And that is rare for someone from western PA to say that!!

I just went back and read your LM story again. It's even funnier the second time around!!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #561
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Yeah Rinky's here!! I've felt so alone here this week. I think only Kelli, Teri, and now you have been here. It's like a ghost-town in here!! Everyone must be on vacation!

Sorry you got caught up in that bad weather!! I don't think they got any of that in Charlotte (where we would have been), other than some extreme heat. We just got a little thunderstorm here, but it's passing already. We need the rain. And that is rare for someone from western PA to say that!!

I just went back and read your LM story again. It's even funnier the second time around!!
I haven't even watched the news yet to see what everyone else in the state got. Last year it seemed like Charlotte was the target of all the hail storms! I wish it would all just go away. What happened to the plain old rainy days we used to get when I was a kid without all the hail, wind and lightning tearing everything up? I hope this isn't a new 'normal'. My nerves just can't take it. We were actually in the movie theater watching Brave when it hit and I thought the roof was going to come off the place. I could hear the storm OVER the movie and you know how loud movies are at a theater. The electricity went out 3 times too. Scared the puddin' out of me!

I hope everyone isn't Dissing b/c they are on vacation and not that they are without power.

Glad I could give you a good laugh... again.

Oh, I've been meaning to tell you that another one of my girls went up at the very end of VBS so that makes 2! I think they both will be getting baptized later this month! Thank you again for the prayers! Now if I can just get my issues worked out with my 'special' child.

Happy 4th of July if I don't get to talk to you tomorrow!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #562
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I haven't even watched the news yet to see what everyone else in the state got. Last year it seemed like Charlotte was the target of all the hail storms! I wish it would all just go away. What happened to the plain old rainy days we used to get when I was a kid without all the hail, wind and lightning tearing everything up? I hope this isn't a new 'normal'. My nerves just can't take it. We were actually in the movie theater watching Brave when it hit and I thought the roof was going to come off the place. I could hear the storm OVER the movie and you know how loud movies are at a theater. The electricity went out 3 times too. Scared the puddin' out of me!

I hope everyone isn't Dissing b/c they are on vacation and not that they are without power.

Glad I could give you a good laugh... again.

Oh, I've been meaning to tell you that another one of my girls went up at the very end of VBS so that makes 2! I think they both will be getting baptized later this month! Thank you again for the prayers! Now if I can just get my issues worked out with my 'special' child.

Happy 4th of July if I don't get to talk to you tomorrow!!!

I know, IDK what is up with all the crazy weather anymore. That must have been scary for it to come when you were at the movies.

Yeah, I hope everyone is missing from the DIS because they are off doing something fun!! Not because they are without power.

That is so awesome about the girls and VBS. I'm still praying for your other situation. Unfortunately that might be one of those things that does not work itself out.

Happy 4th of July to you!!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #563
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Rinky......thanks for telling us the LM story.....I think! Old geezers in their 50's making out - GROSS! I'm just being silly since I am an old geezer in my 50's. Seriously, that is pretty classless, and yes, gross. I don't even like watching all that tongue action on the Bachelorette, and those are young, hot people! What in the world could they be thinking? It would be bad enough if they were by themselves in a public place, but with small children with them? Nothing surprises me any more these days.

I know what you mean about confrontations. I hate them, too. And I had one myself this past Friday while shopping. It's a long story that I won't get into on Shelly's TR (not that I don't sometimes get OT ) but I confronted a young mother (term used loosely here) who called her baby girl a horrible name. It left me shaken for hours, and I still can't get it out of my mind. It was so not like me to speak up like that, but I couldn't sit there quietly this time.

On a lighter note, what does everyone have planned for the 4th? We have no plans at all. It's too darn hot to do anything outside, and DH just having Wednesday off, we won't be going anywhere. Maybe we can just play in the sprinkler!

So Shelly, where is everyone? You must know where Jodi is. I hope she's off having fun somewhere!

Rinky, I hope y'all are out of the woods with the bad storms. Isn't this weather crazy? The heat, and storms, and then the fires in Colorado. So sad for those people. Bring on fall!!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #564
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I was just thinking today that it has been an entire year that we have had our puppy Jack!

This is July 3, 2011 ~

And July 3, 2012 ~

Old 07-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #565
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Rinky......thanks for telling us the LM story.....I think! Old geezers in their 50's making out - GROSS! I'm just being silly since I am an old geezer in my 50's. Seriously, that is pretty classless, and yes, gross. I don't even like watching all that tongue action on the Bachelorette, and those are young, hot people! What in the world could they be thinking? It would be bad enough if they were by themselves in a public place, but with small children with them? Nothing surprises me any more these days.

I know what you mean about confrontations. I hate them, too. And I had one myself this past Friday while shopping. It's a long story that I won't get into on Shelly's TR (not that I don't sometimes get OT ) but I confronted a young mother (term used loosely here) who called her baby girl a horrible name. It left me shaken for hours, and I still can't get it out of my mind. It was so not like me to speak up like that, but I couldn't sit there quietly this time.

On a lighter note, what does everyone have planned for the 4th? We have no plans at all. It's too darn hot to do anything outside, and DH just having Wednesday off, we won't be going anywhere. Maybe we can just play in the sprinkler!

So Shelly, where is everyone? You must know where Jodi is. I hope she's off having fun somewhere!

Rinky, I hope y'all are out of the woods with the bad storms. Isn't this weather crazy? The heat, and storms, and then the fires in Colorado. So sad for those people. Bring on fall!!

YAY Teri's here!! IDK where everyone is. Either off on a 4th of July vacation or they are bored with my TR!!

Jodi says hi! She's enjoying a wonderful vacation in SC!

We have no plans for the 4th either. My DH only has tomorrow off as well. Gotta save those vaca days for WDW you know!! The kids will do their sparklers tonight. We may go see some fireworks in town tomorrow night, but IDK. Usually the kids get bored when we go. I remember the time we went after about our second WDW trip and DS10 (probably about 5 or 6 at the time) wanted to know where the music was that went with the fireworks!! He was thinking of Wishes!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #566
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I'm here too! I've been reading, but haven't posted much lately. I was trying to get "stuff" done around the house - like organizing the linen/medicine closet - so I'd take a quick break to read some DIS!

We don't have any plans but dinner with some family tomorrow. I'd like to go to fireworks, but if it's going to be 90 and humid at 10pm, I'll stay in and watch some from Boston or NYC on t.v. thank you very much!

Oh, that cute little puppy is not so little anymore! Still cute though!
Sorry about the bad weather you are having in NC Rinky! My in-laws in southern VA got hit too. We had a small t-storm early this a.m. - around 3:30, which I know exactly b/c my dog is very sensitive to thunder. Ugh. We missed the really heavy stuff that was up north though.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #567
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I will give a BIG AMEN to 'bring on fall'!!!!! I can hardly wait for the cool air!

I think the storms are gone... for now anyway. We've been over a 100 for a week now so they are likely to pop up any afternoon though.

Yes, those folks at the LM were just disgusting. Still, I doubt I would've said anything. I would just walk off and cuss them completely out under my breath! I just don't feel comfortable saying anything to people anymore. Folks are crazy these days, ya know? You never know who might pull out a gun or whatever. I just tend to keep to myself and try not to make eye contact.

I've seen lots of people like the lady you described while shopping. It's so sad to me to see how children are raised these days. It seems like decent parents are fewer and farther between than ever. I certainly don't profess to be the perfect parent, but there are lines that I just won't cross no matter how mad I get. I had a mother who screamed at me every day of my life and I refuse to do that to my child. Good for you for putting that woman in her place.

Shelly, we have become firework snobs too. In fact, my hubby just called and informed me that he doesn't want to go see them tomorrow night. He said "We can see the real thing in October." I agree with your son too... after you've seen the Disney version, all others just seem.... boring.

We are just cooking our traditional southern meal for the 4th (burgers on the grill with baked beans, potato salad and watermelon for dessert ), but that's all we have planned. We only get the 4th off too, and yes that's because we have to save our days for WDW too. I don't like to travel in the summer anyway. Everything is crowded, it's hot, it's expensive, yada yada... I'm a fall/spring traveler!

So what do Pennsylvanians (is that correct? ) traditionally cook for the 4th?

Btw, Jack has turned into quite the handsome young lad, hasn't he! I just want to scratch him behind his ear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Sorry about the bad weather you are having in NC Rinky! My in-laws in southern VA got hit too. We had a small t-storm early this a.m. - around 3:30, which I know exactly b/c my dog is very sensitive to thunder. Ugh. We missed the really heavy stuff that was up north though.
Thanks Sheree. I'm glad it's over for now anyway. It was about 105 when the lights went out and we lost a/c. Not good! Glad you haven't had to deal with it!

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 07-03-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #568
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will give a BIG AMEN to 'bring on fall'!!!!! I can hardly wait for the cool air!

I think the storms are gone... for now anyway. We've been over a 100 for a week now so they are likely to pop up any afternoon though.

Yes, those folks at the LM were just disgusting. Still, I doubt I would've said anything. I would just walk off and cuss them completely out under my breath! I just don't feel comfortable saying anything to people anymore. Folks are crazy these days, ya know? You never know who might pull out a gun or whatever. I just tend to keep to myself and try not to make eye contact.

I've seen lots of people like the lady you described while shopping. It's so sad to me to see how children are raised these days. It seems like decent parents are fewer and farther between than ever. I certainly don't profess to be the perfect parent, but there are lines that I just won't cross no matter how mad I get. I had a mother who screamed at me every day of my life and I refuse to do that to my child. Good for you for putting that woman in her place.

Shelly, we have become firework snobs too. In fact, my hubby just called and informed me that he doesn't want to go see them tomorrow night. He said "We can see the real thing in October." I agree with your son too... after you've seen the Disney version, all others just seem.... boring.

We are just cooking our traditional southern meal for the 4th (burgers on the grill with baked beans, potato salad and watermelon for dessert ), but that's all we have planned. We only get the 4th off too, and yes that's because we have to save our days for WDW too. I don't like to travel in the summer anyway. Everything is crowded, it's hot, it's expensive, yada yada... I'm a fall/spring traveler!

So what do Pennsylvanians (is that correct? ) traditionally cook for the 4th?

Btw, Jack has turned into quite the handsome young lad, hasn't he! I just want to scratch him behind his ear!

Thanks Sheree. I'm glad it's over for now anyway. It was about 105 when the lights went out and we lost a/c. Not good! Glad you haven't had to deal with it!
I usually keep my thoughts to myself, too, when I see people behaving badly. But this was just too much. It was a baby! I don't know where I got the nerve, but I did. My kids (in their 20's) didn't believe it when I told them. DD texted me that her BF said, "Oh, no, she didn't!" I asked her if he meant I was out of line or just shocked I said anything, and she said he thought it was the right thing to do but just shocked cause it was me. I guess the good thing out of that is he knows he better not tick me off by hurting my DD in ANY way.

I know what you mean about people being crazy enough to pull out a gun or something. Afterwards, I kept imaginaing what I would have done if she had hit me or something. I told my DH I was so mad I could have beat her up if she had. I may be old, but I've still got some fight in me.

for having someone screaming at you as a child. I have a GF who had the same thing. Lucky for both of y'all's kids, you ended the cycle. Many times it's the opposite. None of us are perfect, but we try to do the best we can. I forgot to mention earlier after I saw your pics in the LM post, but your DD is adorable! I love her little freckles!

Your July 4th menu sounds yummy!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #569
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YAY Teri's here!! IDK where everyone is. Either off on a 4th of July vacation or they are bored with my TR!!

Bored? No way! Of course, if you're worried, you could post some food pics.

Jodi says hi! She's enjoying a wonderful vacation in SC!

Hi Jodi! My GF was in Charleston last week, and she was telling me how lovely it was. Made me want to move there!

We have no plans for the 4th either. My DH only has tomorrow off as well. Gotta save those vaca days for WDW you know!! The kids will do their sparklers tonight. We may go see some fireworks in town tomorrow night, but IDK. Usually the kids get bored when we go. I remember the time we went after about our second WDW trip and DS10 (probably about 5 or 6 at the time) wanted to know where the music was that went witDS10 (probablh the fireworks!! He was thinking of Wishes!
That is so cute! Once you've seen Wishes, nothing else compares! I ended up going to our camp last Saturday night to meet DH and DS. We went out in the party barge to watch the fireworks that the Lake Assoc. put on. It was OK, but of course nothing like Disney. Instead of music to go along with them, we had DS's dog barking at the fireworks the entire time.

I can't believe how big Jack is now! We really haven't heard much about him lately - that must be a good sign! He isn't chewing up anything or pottying where he shouldn't I guess! He sure is a handsome boy.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #570
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Kelli, I think you've already read about it but it has taken me so long to finish my TR that you've probably forgotten.
Oh my gosh. I did read that but had mentally blocked it from my memory. Ew, ew, ew!!!!! Some people!

Quote:
I was just thinking today that it has been an entire year that we have had our puppy Jack!
Shelly, Jack is precious both little and big!!! I love puppies!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: