Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #31
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
You always start them when I'm shopping.

No fondue??? awww man. Another time maybe.

Forgot he has the concert tonight! Tell him to break a leg!

Umm....you are ALWAYS shopping!!!

Nope, no fondue.

The concert was good, other than the fact that it was 2 hours long and I couldn't even see my kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
Subscribing, cant beleive your DS is 13.. how fast they grow up
Welcome! I know, it's hard to believe I have a teenager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacrestpromo View Post
Woo Hoo! A Trip Report!!!

Time for popcorn!
Welcome Sea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
I'm here! JUST OK? Oh no.
Happy anniversary!

Thanks for coming over Andrea! Glad you are here!

Yep, it wasn't one of our better trips unfortunately. But we still had a lot of fun!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #32
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
I'm here too!
Welcome Laura, glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari360 View Post
I"M HERE!!!!!

YAY to a TR.... i LOVE LOVE LOVE your TR's i feel as if i was right there with you....
Aw thanks Mari, I hope you enjoy this TR as much as you have the others!

Congrats on that ticker being under one year!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Hooray! Trip report time!

A belated happy anniversary!
Welcome Kathy!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGGIED View Post
Joining in....can't wait to hear about Beach Club...

Thanks for joining Wendy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Welcome! And congrats ~ I just noticed your baby ticker!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #33
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Okay, let's get this party started!!!

Day 1: Saturday April 28

As many of you know I waited too long to get airfare for this trip because we weren't sure we were even taking it until about 4 weeks prior, so we got stuck with a stupid evening flight. It was 6:00pm. And it was every bit as awful as I expected it to be. I will never NEVER never do that again.

So of course knowing that we could sleep in as late as we wanted to that day, everyone was up bright and early. I woke at like 4am and could not get back to sleep. We normally have to get up for 6am for school and on a normal Saturday the boys will sleep in til about 8 or 9, or until I make them get up!! But not on this day. They were up by 7. So, needless to say it was a LONG day. We even saved taking the dog to my Dad's for this day and the day still drug on and on.

At about 2:00 we couldn't take it anymore and left for the airport. So yes, we were at the airport & thru security by 3:00 and still had 3 hours to go until our flight. This was like torture!!

Around 4:00 we decided to get something to eat. DH and I got sandwiches and fries from Charley's Grilled Subs. The kids said they weren't hungry and that they would just eat our fries. Well, by the time we were all done we had gone back up for pizza for DS10 and to McDonald's for DS13. DH commented on how we were going to be broke before we even left the dang airport!

Pretty soon we made our way to our gate and waited....

It was a cold and rainy day here, about 38 degrees. So we were happy to be headed to Florida!! Although we had no idea the kind of heat we were headed for.

We started boarding around 5:20 and had hopes of leaving early. As we backed away from the gate we stopped. Sat there a minute and they came on and said that there was a computer issue and there would be a delay and they weren't sure for how long. They came back on a few minutes later and said that it would only be 10-15 minutes. So we left probably around 6:15 and arrived at Orlando around 8:15.

We were hopeful of getting to Epcot that evening for EMH. They were open until midnight. But we had also been checking wait times for Soarin and they were still VERY long.

We quickly made our way to ME and were walked straight through the line and to a waiting bus.

I'll never understand why the ME bus to the BWI, YC, and BC share with POR. Makes no sense. If they were going to share with a moderate it would make more sense to share with CBR since it's right across the road from them basically. Years ago when we stayed at POR the ME bus had all four resorts on it and POR was the last stop. Well this time it went – POR, BWI, BC, YC.

It was weird being on the ME bus in the dark and I didn't like it one bit.

It was about 9:30 when we arrived at the BC. Being up since 4am was starting to get to me and I was already in a bad mood. Looking back we should have just gone to bed. But everyone was all hyped up and ready to do something, so we got checked in and went to Epcot. Even though we knew Soarin still had a long wait and we were not going to stand in line for it all night.

We had done online check in for the first time. There was no wait for either online or regular check in, so we got checked in right away. The BC lobby was pretty empty.

Up Next: Where would our room be?

Old 05-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #34
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Gosh I feel bad for you already. I know all that waiting to leave was driving you nuts. It would have made me crazy too. Don't you hate it when you start vacation off in a bad mood? I've done that a few times and it seems to just set the stage for the whole trip to be kind of sour. I'm looking forward to the good parts though... I know you've got some up your sleeve somewhere!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #35
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Cripes, what a long day to have to sit around and wait! I would have hated that, but then again, I'd still be packing (unlike you)!

My DH would have said "we might as well drive!"

It's rare to see the BC lobby empty, isn't it?
Old 05-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #36
mommy2mb
Mouseketeer

I'm in Can't wait to hear more!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #37
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

I also hate being on ME at night! I like to recognize landmarks around the property and that's frustrating when I can't see, lol. Looking forward to more reporting and more pictures!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #38
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Can't imagine having a flight later in the day! We always try to leave by 7am, waiting til 6pm...yeah that qualifies as torture!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #39
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Gosh I feel bad for you already. I know all that waiting to leave was driving you nuts. It would have made me crazy too. Don't you hate it when you start vacation off in a bad mood? I've done that a few times and it seems to just set the stage for the whole trip to be kind of sour. I'm looking forward to the good parts though... I know you've got some up your sleeve somewhere!
It was awful! And yes, the whole vacation just got started off on the wrong foot and it took us a couple of days to recover.

But yes, I do have some good parts coming. Hang in there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Cripes, what a long day to have to sit around and wait! I would have hated that, but then again, I'd still be packing (unlike you)!

My DH would have said "we might as well drive!"

It's rare to see the BC lobby empty, isn't it?
Maybe I should have saved the packing for that day.

DH and I did talk about how we should have just left Friday night and drive down!!

Yes, that was the only time we saw the BC lobby so empty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mb View Post
I'm in Can't wait to hear more!

Welcome! Thanks for joining us!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #40
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
I also hate being on ME at night! I like to recognize landmarks around the property and that's frustrating when I can't see, lol. Looking forward to more reporting and more pictures!
Welcome!

Yes, it made for a pretty miserable ME ride when I couldn't see all the things I love to see on the way to WDW. Couldn't even see any palm trees!

Lots of pictures to come -- we took over 1600!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
Can't imagine having a flight later in the day! We always try to leave by 7am, waiting til 6pm...yeah that qualifies as torture!
Welcome!

It was pure torture. I will never do that again!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #41
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Well as a vacationer who always seems to get on that late night flight- I feel your pain! But I do always like the fact that I wake up in the world ready to go the next day.

We talked throughout the day while you were waiting and then traveling and boarding DME... And believe me it was just as long being here waiting for news.

The Pics of an empty BC are beautiful. I've never been over there so next trip maybe I'll do a casual walk thru.

Yes a walk thru.

Glad the concert went ok, but sheesh you'd think if they were going to do it they'd at least make it so everyone could see their kid. How dumb.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #42
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Well as a vacationer who always seems to get on that late night flight- I feel your pain! But I do always like the fact that I wake up in the world ready to go the next day.

We talked throughout the day while you were waiting and then traveling and boarding DME... And believe me it was just as long being here waiting for news.

The Pics of an empty BC are beautiful. I've never been over there so next trip maybe I'll do a casual walk thru.

Yes a walk thru.

Glad the concert went ok, but sheesh you'd think if they were going to do it they'd at least make it so everyone could see their kid. How dumb.

I don't know how you do it!! Maybe we would have had a better next day, had we gotten any sleep that night. But that part is coming.....

I think it was a long painful day for everyone involved.

Yeah, you should do a walk thru over there in Dec. I bet the Christmas decorations at the BC, YC, and BWI are wonderful.

His last 2 concerts have been like that where we haven't even been able to see him. Makes me mad!!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #43
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

So my little pep talk about having a late flight didn't work. But you were supposed to sleep in, not get up at 4 a.m.! So I can't be held responsible for your bad mood.

Too funny about y'all going broke before you even left the airport! Your DS10looks sooo ready to get going in that pic.

I'll tell you what would have put me in a bad mood........."Ladies and gentlemen, we are having some computer problems." I get ticked off when my laptop is wacky, but computer problems with the plane I am about to get inside, where every system is controlled by computers....oh, Lord! I don't know if I could have gotten on the plane. I am a white-knuckle flier.

I bet it was strange to be on the ME in the dark. I wouldn't have liked that either. I love seeing everywhere we're passing, even going to other resorts before our own.

Well, at least check-in was easy. That should have been a good sign, right?

Looking forward to more, especially the good times! I love how you include so many pics.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #44
mari360
MiSka MoUSka MiCKeY MoUsE !!!!!!

Shelly - Oh my i feel so horrible for your wait on the day you were leaving. Must have been torture for all 4 of you. But i bet seeing that ME section in the airport just bought a smile to your face. I always get the butterflies in my stomach when i see the ME section. It's like knowing yes you are here you made it once again.....

Can't wait to hear more.....

Old 05-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #45
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Sheree, I was thinking the exact same thing...my family would have spent the day packing! But Shelly is much more organized than I am.

Love the picture of the boys on the ME bus! And you two, too!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: