Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #346
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

That buffet looked pretty simple. It looks like one of the ones that are 5$pp off of the highways on the drive to disney. I can't remeber the name of the chain restaurant.

I am jealous we still have a week and 2 days left of school. My girls are counting down the days. Our district has a set end day and gave us sporadic days off to account for no snow days this year. Now I am trying to decided on summer camps for the girls. We have a week in NC planned for the first full week in august but I have no plans for July. Just want to do like a 1 week thing to keep them busy and happy.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #347
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Before we had lunch we could see that it was getting super crowded at LegoLand. So we didn't really expect to be able to do too much more with our day there. DS10 was anxiously awaiting seeing MiniLand USA – a giant display of Lego's! And I wanted to walk through the Cypress Gardens and at some point before we left I wanted to get some of the famous LL Apple Fries. Other than that I thought maybe we would see a show or two, let DS do his shopping, and call it a day.

MiniLand USA was right outside of the Pizza & Pasta place we just had lunch at, so we refilled our cups with Mtn. Dew and headed outside!

MiniLand USA is a big section of the park that has 8 specially themed areas of Lego Displays: FL, NY, CA, Daytona Speedway, Kennedy Space Center, Pirate's Cove, Las Vegas, and Washington DC.

This is really an amazing display. I'm not a huge Lego fan myself, they tend to get on my nerves. Just never had the patience to sit and put those things together. But this display even impressed me. DS10 can sit and play and build these things for hours & hours, so obviously he was thoroughly impressed. I had my camera out and DS10 had his camera out, so we have a TON of pictures of this area. I'm not sure the pics really do these displays justice, but here you go! Some of them had smoke coming out (like the Space Center rocket), some moved, some shot out water, etc.

I won't bother to narrate here, you can pretty much tell what is what, so I will just post the pics and let you see!

Continued in next post.....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #348
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

Old 06-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #349
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

Old 06-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #350
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

And that ends our very long tour of MiniLand USA at LegoLand! WOW that was a lot of Lego's!!

Up Next: Cypress Gardens

Old 06-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #351
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Wow I absolutely loved all of those pics!

I really want to go see it for myself in October now, I especially loved the Las Vegas and San Francisco displays, they are incredible!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 06-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #352
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
That buffet looked pretty simple. It looks like one of the ones that are 5$pp off of the highways on the drive to disney. I can't remeber the name of the chain restaurant.

I am jealous we still have a week and 2 days left of school. My girls are counting down the days. Our district has a set end day and gave us sporadic days off to account for no snow days this year. Now I am trying to decided on summer camps for the girls. We have a week in NC planned for the first full week in august but I have no plans for July. Just want to do like a 1 week thing to keep them busy and happy.

It was pretty simple, but it did the job!

I am so surprised by the number of schools I am hearing about that aren't out until next week. I thought we went late!! Have a fun trip to NC! We don't really have any summer plans. Just kind of going with the flow and saving for WDW in December!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Wow I absolutely loved all of those pics!

I really want to go see it for myself in October now, I especially loved the Las Vegas and San Francisco displays, they are incredible!
Glad you enjoyed the pics! It was a pretty cool display. You are right, the San Fransisco and Las Vegas displays are especially great!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #353
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Wow, Miniland USA is unbelievable! I am shocked at the details in all the different cities. But I have a question which I hope doesn't sound too dumb. The whole thing looks like it is outdoors, and I am wondering how all the Lego pieces aren't disturbed by the weather. A lot of the pieces look very small, especially the "people" in the scenes, and it seems like wind and rain would blow them away! So the question is, am I crazy? No, wait, don't answer that! Am I seeing things correctly, that the pieces really are small and really outside?

I can tell your DS10 really enjoyed his LL surprise!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #354
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Wow, Miniland USA is unbelievable! I am shocked at the details in all the different cities. But I have a question which I hope doesn't sound too dumb. The whole thing looks like it is outdoors, and I am wondering how all the Lego pieces aren't disturbed by the weather. A lot of the pieces look very small, especially the "people" in the scenes, and it seems like wind and rain would blow them away! So the question is, am I crazy? No, wait, don't answer that! Am I seeing things correctly, that the pieces really are small and really outside?

I can tell your DS10 really enjoyed his LL surprise!

Yep, it is all outside! And it's not a dumb question at all!! I wondered the same thing. And I'm not really sure what the answer is. I am guessing they are all glued together, so that helps. And I bet they are constantly replacing and repairing the displays. I would think the sun would cause some fading too. I don't know -- but it all looked great! Of course the park has only been open since last October!
Old 06-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #355
vyrg
Lilipépite

thank you very interesting TR
Old 06-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #356
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

LL looks amazing! At first glance I thought the pizza looked like Pizza Hut but since you said it wasn't very good I guess not.

Mt Dew Happy Dance

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 06-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #357
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrg View Post
thank you very interesting TR
Welcome, glad you are enjoying the TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
LL looks amazing! At first glance I thought the pizza looked like Pizza Hut but since you said it wasn't very good I guess not.

Mt Dew Happy Dance

LL was pretty cool!

Nope, not quite Pizza Hut pizza.

YAY for Mtn Dew!!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #358
mari360
MiSka MoUSka MiCKeY MoUsE !!!!!!

those pics of legoland look great. Very interesting to see i could imagine how much it would really be to see it in person.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #359
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Wow, great pics of LL ! It's all so Legoey .. Looks like your son is having a great time !
I have no patience for building those things either and I can't imagine sitting there building whole cities ! Fascinating though when you look at the details.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 06-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #360
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari360 View Post
those pics of legoland look great. Very interesting to see i could imagine how much it would really be to see it in person.
It is very neat in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Wow, great pics of LL ! It's all so Legoey .. Looks like your son is having a great time !
I have no patience for building those things either and I can't imagine sitting there building whole cities ! Fascinating though when you look at the details.
I like that word -- Legoey!!

DS was having a great time!

The details in those displays were so amazing, I can't imagine the time that went into building all that.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: