Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #331
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Mommy 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,072

didn't seem to have much out for the buffet...maybe they aren't busy until summer...I hate being disappointed at a pizza place, but I love salad, so I can stand it...the kids would have eaten all that bread too!!! and look on that Pepsi machine!! DR. PEPPER!!! aaahhhhh I love it!
We do the room/closet clean out periodically too--usually when we finish school each semester is when it's a deep clean. They all hate doing it, but are so happy with it when they are finished!
__________________
3 times off-site as a childOct 2000-off-siteDec 2001-All Star MusicNov 2002-Poly
Oct-2004 Cont.Dec 2005-GF & ContDec 2006-BCMay 2007-BCJan 2008-BCJan 2009-PolyDec 2009-ContNov 2010-BCNov 2011-PolyNov 2012 WLNov2013 BCApril 2014 WL



Disney Mommy 3 is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #332
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags
 
JoBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Right here, of course
Posts: 7,784

Well, that buffet looked pitiful after seeing the last buffet you wrote about.

Too bad the pizza was severely lacking. I love pizza, but since going Gluten Free I've only been able to find one place locally that has a crust I can eat. I'm thinking that buffet probably had nothing for a GF diet.

Glad that the breadsticks and salad were good. And the price really didn't seem too bad at all, considering it was a theme park! You almost can't order two pizzas at Dominos for that price.


And yay for pepsi products!! I can now only have clear sodas so my Mtn Dew addiction is in full effect, so I feel your pain.
I know you were in heaven when you saw that machine!

Can't wait for more!
__________________
JoBird is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #333
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
didn't seem to have much out for the buffet...maybe they aren't busy until summer...I hate being disappointed at a pizza place, but I love salad, so I can stand it...the kids would have eaten all that bread too!!! and look on that Pepsi machine!! DR. PEPPER!!! aaahhhhh I love it!
We do the room/closet clean out periodically too--usually when we finish school each semester is when it's a deep clean. They all hate doing it, but are so happy with it when they are finished!

Yeah, they seemed to be having trouble keeping the buffet stocked. And it wasn't even that busy when we went in. It was starting to get pretty packed by the time we left though.

It was so nice to see that Pepsi machine!!!! If I could change one thing about WDW it would be that they switch from Coke to Pepsi!!


The kids rooms and closets look so nice!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Well, that buffet looked pitiful after seeing the last buffet you wrote about.

Too bad the pizza was severely lacking. I love pizza, but since going Gluten Free I've only been able to find one place locally that has a crust I can eat. I'm thinking that buffet probably had nothing for a GF diet.

Glad that the breadsticks and salad were good. And the price really didn't seem too bad at all, considering it was a theme park! You almost can't order two pizzas at Dominos for that price.


And yay for pepsi products!! I can now only have clear sodas so my Mtn Dew addiction is in full effect, so I feel your pain.
I know you were in heaven when you saw that machine!

Can't wait for more!

Yeah it does!! Remember all that food at Garden Grove?!!

I don't remember seeing any Gluten free food at LL. But then I wasn't really looking. I doubt that pizza crust would have been GF. Although it wasn't very tasty, so maybe....

I was happy with the price. That is a good price for a theme park meal I think. Especially for a buffet. And the salad bar was really good and kept very clean.

Mtn Dew and Diet Pepsi - can't live without them!! WDW makes it pretty hard on me!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #334
lala3291
DIS Veteran
 
lala3291's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,119

Yay for school being out! We still have until the 19th. I am DISing right now during my lunch break...shh don't tell anyone!

I agree with Jo...that buffet did seem to be lacking after looking at Garden Grove's buffet! But, at least the food wasn't too bad.

Sorry I missed Jo's and yours 6 month party...WDW will be here for you before you know it! Especially since summer always flies by! I did a little shopping, well a lot of shopping actually, for our trip this past weekend. I ordered a bunch of things from Old Navy and hit the mall this past weekend! I'm ready to go! Too bad there are still 51 more days!
__________________
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI

Last edited by lala3291; 06-11-2012 at 12:59 PM.
lala3291 is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #335
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,348

You probably already knew this, but you picked a good week to go in December. Pop Warner is there from Dec. 1-8. That weekend (the 8th) will likely be pretty crowded. The 7th will probably be MK parade taping.
Mndisneygirl is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #336
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Yay for school being out! We still have until the 19th. I am DISing right now during my lunch break...shh don't tell anyone!

I agree with Jo...that buffet did seem to be lacking after looking at Garden Grove's buffet! But, at least the food wasn't too bad.

Sorry I missed Jo's and yours 6 month party...WDW will be here for you before you know it! Especially since summer always flies by! I did a little shopping, well a lot of shopping actually, for our trip this past weekend. I ordered a bunch of things from Old Navy and hit the mall this past weekend! I'm ready to go! Too bad there are still 51 more days!
Hang in there, only one more week to go!! Do you get the summer off too?

Yeah, I was happy with the pizza buffet at LL. Surprised that there wasn't more pizza & stuff on it at all times, but still pretty happy with it overall!

That's okay, we'll be having plenty more count down parties!! It's so far away -- 181 days for me to be exact!

Congrats on the shopping!! The next 51 days will fly by, like you said - summer always does!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
You probably already knew this, but you picked a good week to go in December. Pop Warner is there from Dec. 1-8. That weekend (the 8th) will likely be pretty crowded. The 7th will probably be MK parade taping.
Well, it was the only week in Dec available on the BB so I didn't really have any other choice!! But yes, I'm hoping all the Pop Warner peeps clear out by the time we get there on the 9th!! I'm not even planning on going to a park that day. Anymore it seems that the weekends in the parks are always so busy.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #337
lala3291
DIS Veteran
 
lala3291's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Hang in there, only one more week to go!! Do you get the summer off too?

Yeah, I was happy with the pizza buffet at LL. Surprised that there wasn't more pizza & stuff on it at all times, but still pretty happy with it overall!

That's okay, we'll be having plenty more count down parties!! It's so far away -- 181 days for me to be exact!

Congrats on the shopping!! The next 51 days will fly by, like you said - summer always does!


I know, only one more week to go! I usually get pretty much the whole summer off, but I will be working more this summer. Our elementary school is actually being knocked down this summer! It is SO old, and they will be building a new one on the same site. Therefore, I will be working at a different school next year as a secretary until the new school is built. I have a lot of packing/moving to do before the school is knocked down! It's good though---I will be kept busy and the kids are going to get a brand new school!
__________________
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
lala3291 is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #338
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,473

I'm betting that seeing that Mountain Dew was offered made up for the meh tasting pizza. The buffet didn't look very big so it's too bad that what they did have out wasn't that great.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #339
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
I know, only one more week to go! I usually get pretty much the whole summer off, but I will be working more this summer. Our elementary school is actually being knocked down this summer! It is SO old, and they will be building a new one on the same site. Therefore, I will be working at a different school next year as a secretary until the new school is built. I have a lot of packing/moving to do before the school is knocked down! It's good though---I will be kept busy and the kids are going to get a brand new school!
That is great that you are getting a new elementary building!! We got a new middle school last year and it is so nice. Good luck with the packing & moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm betting that seeing that Mountain Dew was offered made up for the meh tasting pizza. The buffet didn't look very big so it's too bad that what they did have out wasn't that great.
Yeah, once I saw the Pepsi machine I knew it was going to be a good lunch no matter what!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #340
monica23535
DIS Veteran
 
monica23535's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 595

That food looks ok for theme park food, I guess.

Theme park food here in the UK is terrible and twice as expensive as Florida, which is probably why I pay prefer to pay the airfare to WDW instead!

I'm glad you found your Moutain Dew I'm a Sprite Zero girl so Coke products work well for me at Disney
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside Nov 2009
Animal Kingdom Lodge & Beach Club CL Nov 2010
Old Key West & Royal Pacific CL Oct 2011
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #341
T*Bird
DIS Veteran
 
T*Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,235

So maybe the LL buffet wasn't the biggest or best, but something else caught my eye - it looked clean! Yeah, I would notice that. It made me laugh when you said DS13 was watching for fresh breadsticks. We've been to buffets before where one of us was the watchdog for some particular thing to be put out. You hate to look like pigs, but sometimes the good things go fast and you have to be on your toes! I wouldn't have like the drink selection, though. Diet Coke Diet Pepsi

Lucky you for the good weekend weather! We had rain off and on all weekend, and I blame it for my Tigers losing the baseball playoffs which would have sent them to the College World Series. We had rain delays and/or playing in the rain all 3 days. That's not really why we lost - we just played awful. I'm just ticked because my sister and I had planned to go to Omaha for the first time ever if they made it. DS was in Gulf Shores, AL where there was about a foot of rain and flooding all weekend. So much for the beach! At least we have some sunshine today! Hot, sticky, muggy, sunshine, but sunshine!

Jodi - Californie??? I'm shocked! I thought you must be moving closer to Shelly! I think I would have loved moving around and experiencing different parts of the country, but I've been stuck down here my whole life. My nephew moved to San Francisco and recently went camping in Yosemite. BEAUTIFUL pics!! Lucky you!! And Geaux Gators!
T*Bird is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #342
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran
 
Dancegrl624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
The 20th??? That's a long school year! When do you guys start?
Madison is in school until the 19th and we started the Tuesday after Labor Day. I wish they could just finish up this week and be done, but instead they always make them go back for a Monday and Tuesday. So silly!

I'm loving your Legoland pictures. I don't think we'll ever get over there. Madison likes legos, but she would probably think everything is "not for her". She's 9 going on 20 sometimes!
__________________
Me- Meghan (32), DH-Tony (30), DD-Madison (11), DS-Cole (3)



Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #343
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
That food looks ok for theme park food, I guess.

Theme park food here in the UK is terrible and twice as expensive as Florida, which is probably why I pay prefer to pay the airfare to WDW instead!

I'm glad you found your Moutain Dew I'm a Sprite Zero girl so Coke products work well for me at Disney
Wow I can't believe theme park food is more expensive over there than at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
So maybe the LL buffet wasn't the biggest or best, but something else caught my eye - it looked clean! Yeah, I would notice that. It made me laugh when you said DS13 was watching for fresh breadsticks. We've been to buffets before where one of us was the watchdog for some particular thing to be put out. You hate to look like pigs, but sometimes the good things go fast and you have to be on your toes! I wouldn't have like the drink selection, though. Diet Coke Diet Pepsi

Lucky you for the good weekend weather! We had rain off and on all weekend, and I blame it for my Tigers losing the baseball playoffs which would have sent them to the College World Series. We had rain delays and/or playing in the rain all 3 days. That's not really why we lost - we just played awful. I'm just ticked because my sister and I had planned to go to Omaha for the first time ever if they made it. DS was in Gulf Shores, AL where there was about a foot of rain and flooding all weekend. So much for the beach! At least we have some sunshine today! Hot, sticky, muggy, sunshine, but sunshine!

Jodi - Californie??? I'm shocked! I thought you must be moving closer to Shelly! I think I would have loved moving around and experiencing different parts of the country, but I've been stuck down here my whole life. My nephew moved to San Francisco and recently went camping in Yosemite. BEAUTIFUL pics!! Lucky you!! And Geaux Gators!
It was very clean!! I thought of you and Jo! Yeah, you hate to look like hogs, but it's best to have a 'watcher' for hot fresh food when they are slow to put it out and it goes fast. Plus you know that no one else has touched it!

Sorry all the rain ruined your weekend plans. That stinks! We are getting some rain now. Not a lot but I think it's supposed to rain again tomorrow. Yes, my kids are bored already!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Madison is in school until the 19th and we started the Tuesday after Labor Day. I wish they could just finish up this week and be done, but instead they always make them go back for a Monday and Tuesday. So silly!

I'm loving your Legoland pictures. I don't think we'll ever get over there. Madison likes legos, but she would probably think everything is "not for her". She's 9 going on 20 sometimes!

That is such a long school year! I bet you will be so happy when she is home for the summer!!

You never know, your little guy just might end up loving Legos!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #344
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,999

Ahh,I've been MIA! Sooo sorry! Loving your TR so far though! From the sounds of it so far, your experience at Beach Club sounds similar to ours from last year. Our room was NOT clean when we entered our room. Turns out that there was a mix-up as mousekeeping thought that they were just doing a quick cleaning of the room for the previous guests. They didn't know that new guests were arriving that day. After we complained about the state of the room, the front desk immediately sent a woman up to clean our room. The woman was soooo upset about the mix-up, that we started to apologize to HER and tell her it's no big deal! I got sick the next day and felt miserable for most of our trip. We enjoyed one nice day at SAB, but other than that, the trip was a bust. I'm hoping that your trip was better than ours!!!!! I still want to give the Beach Club another try sometime, but dh has said no. We'll see!

I've loved reading about your LL day as I've got some friends going soon and will be sure to pass along your info to them. Thanks for the wonderful review so far. I'm living vicariously!
CJK is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #345
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Ahh,I've been MIA! Sooo sorry! Loving your TR so far though! From the sounds of it so far, your experience at Beach Club sounds similar to ours from last year. Our room was NOT clean when we entered our room. Turns out that there was a mix-up as mousekeeping thought that they were just doing a quick cleaning of the room for the previous guests. They didn't know that new guests were arriving that day. After we complained about the state of the room, the front desk immediately sent a woman up to clean our room. The woman was soooo upset about the mix-up, that we started to apologize to HER and tell her it's no big deal! I got sick the next day and felt miserable for most of our trip. We enjoyed one nice day at SAB, but other than that, the trip was a bust. I'm hoping that your trip was better than ours!!!!! I still want to give the Beach Club another try sometime, but dh has said no. We'll see!

I've loved reading about your LL day as I've got some friends going soon and will be sure to pass along your info to them. Thanks for the wonderful review so far. I'm living vicariously!

Welcome, so glad you are here!!

Sounds like your trip wasn't exactly the best either. I'm so sorry. That stinks! Ours was not the greatest either, but I don't think it was a total bust. At least that's what I keep trying to tell myself anyway. Maybe I should let all the readers here be the judge of that!!

My DH says no way to ever trying the BC again. Sadly I have to agree with him.

Glad you are enjoying the LL report. I have a lot more of LL to come!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: