Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #301
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndiloveswalt View Post
Are you and/or Jo planning on doing MVMCP? I hadn't really thought about it but my DS10 asked if we could go and when I talked to DH about it he was all for it. Now I just have to figure out how to buy the tickets with my AP discount. Anyone know about that? Or if they are available yet?

I'm definitely not going to MVMCP. This trip will be on a budget since we were just there. Plus we went to MVMCP once and we liked it, but didn't love it. I don't think Jodi is going either, unless she changes her mind at the last minute. We do plan to watch Christmas Wishes from the GF though!!

The tix are on sale now. http://tickets.disney.go.com/buy/Tic...&drnid=1809581
Maybe you have to call to get the AP discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
LL looks like fun! It looks like your kids were having a great time!

So, I just changed my dates from the end of August to 8/1-8/6! DH couldn't get the time off from work at the end of August, so we will be in WDW in 56 days! Now I have to go make all new ADRs, and we still will be at the Poly. I'm so excited!
They really were having a fun time!!

Congrats on moving your trip up! Good thing you are still staying at the Poly. Otherwise I was going to have to throw something at you! Good luck with the ADR's!!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #302
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I was thinking the same thing as Jo.....other than the really cool Lego structures, the park looks kinda sparse. Too bad the castmembers/employees/whatever they are called, weren't too good at their jobs and organzing the way things are run. I guess we're all used to how Disney runs things and we are spoiled.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #303
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Loving all the LegoLand pictures! Can you imagine what a cool job that must be to design and create all those figures? Maybe a future calling for your DS!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Old 06-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #304
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Loving all your pics ! The BW area is so pretty .. I've only gone there once while pushing a double stroller .. I need to re-visit now that the boys are older.

My guys decided not to do Legoland when we were there in April so I'm looking forward to hearing your final thoughts on it. I thought it looked cute .. and a few years ago I'm sure my boys would have loved it. I still have it on my "to do" list !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 06-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #305
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I was thinking the same thing as Jo.....other than the really cool Lego structures, the park looks kinda sparse. Too bad the castmembers/employees/whatever they are called, weren't too good at their jobs and organzing the way things are run. I guess we're all used to how Disney runs things and we are spoiled.
Yes, we are used to WDW and how things are run and how every inch is perfectly landscaped. That's not really the case at LL! It's still a decent place though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Loving all the LegoLand pictures! Can you imagine what a cool job that must be to design and create all those figures? Maybe a future calling for your DS!
Glad you are enjoying the pics! DS would love to work there someday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Loving all your pics ! The BW area is so pretty .. I've only gone there once while pushing a double stroller .. I need to re-visit now that the boys are older.

My guys decided not to do Legoland when we were there in April so I'm looking forward to hearing your final thoughts on it. I thought it looked cute .. and a few years ago I'm sure my boys would have loved it. I still have it on my "to do" list !
Thanks!

You should revisit the BW now that the boys are older. Take them in the evening when the entertainers are out. It's a lot of fun!

Lots more LL to come!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #306
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys;45103170

[COLOR="red"
They really were having a fun time!!

Congrats on moving your trip up! Good thing you are still staying at the Poly. Otherwise I was going to have to throw something at you! Good luck with the ADR's!!
[/COLOR]
Yes, we are so excited about moving the trip up! I'm just hoping we do ok in the heat and humidity! And we were able to get a 5:10 PM ADR for 'Ohana for the third night of our trip! I was shocked when I saw availability online for it. I have been trying for so long to get an 'Ohana ADR for the end of August, so I was so excited!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- Poly
Nov. '15- GF
Old 06-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #307
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Yes, we are so excited about moving the trip up! I'm just hoping we do ok in the heat and humidity! And we were able to get a 5:10 PM ADR for 'Ohana for the third night of our trip! I was shocked when I saw availability online for it. I have been trying for so long to get an 'Ohana ADR for the end of August, so I was so excited!

Congrats on getting Ohana!! That was lucky! We are wanting to eat there in December.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #308
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Great update Shelly, Legoland looks awesome!

My DS6 would love it.

Can't wait to hear what you thought of Celebration
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 06-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #309
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Wow LL looks so empty- you look like the only ones there!
Looks cute- to bad it wasn't there like 7 yrs. ago for my DS15. (he had a b-day Mon. I can't believe my baby's 15 )
Looking forward to more!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 06-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #310
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Great update Shelly, Legoland looks awesome!

My DS6 would love it.

Can't wait to hear what you thought of Celebration
Thanks Monica! LegoLand was pretty neat. Lots more LL to come, and Celebration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Wow LL looks so empty- you look like the only ones there!
Looks cute- to bad it wasn't there like 7 yrs. ago for my DS15. (he had a b-day Mon. I can't believe my baby's 15 )
Looking forward to more!
It was pretty empty in the morning. Too bad it didn't stay that way all day!!

I know, it's so sad how fast our babies grow up!!

Hard to believe it is the last day of school and I will now have a 5th grader and an 8th grader!! Where did the time go???

The kids are done at 12:30 today and the official 'Last Day of School Party' is here at 4:00. It started out small, but they ended up inviting 50+ kids. And I have no idea how many are coming. Guess teenagers don't know what RSVP means. Should be fun and it's going to be a beautiful day -- sunny and 80!

Old 06-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #311
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

We were headed to Lego City next! It was a little of a walk to get there. It was really starting to get hot out now. And we noticed the crowds picking up.

DS10 wanted to do the Ford Driving School (which is a driving lesson and experience, in a Lego car for kids 6-13) and DS13 wanted to do the Flying School (which is basically a suspended steel coaster). I had heard both those things tend to get long lines, so we wanted to hurry to get to them next.

We came upon the Driving School first. The line was very long. DS13 could have done it too, but he saw the Flying School coaster in the distance and that's where he wanted to go! So we split up. Of course I went with DS13 since DH would never ride that coaster!

We headed up a hill to get to the Flying School coaster. Off to the left we could see where they were building their new water park (opened May 26).

Then we were finally there!

We had probably about a 20 minute wait and then we were off! Again, I had to take my park bag off and leave it on the floor. We also left our flip flops there!

Very fun ride! Then we headed back down the hill to the Driving School to see if DS10 was driving a car yet. No sign of him out on the track so we peaked inside the building. They were still in line. We waited outside where we could see the track, but DS10 didn't come out with the next group of kids. He must have gone into the lesson room then.

So we decided to head off to our next adventure: Lego Technic Test Track coaster. It was a little ways away. I was afraid we wouldn't be able to find our way back to find DH & DS10 afterwards!

We had about a 20 minute wait for this one as well.

Once again they made me take my park bag off. This time it had to be stored in a little open wall of bins. I didn't like that at all. Anyone who got off the next car could have walked away with it. Not a very good system. And again, very small seating on the ride. The “car” was on top of the track so you couldn't see the track and where you were going and when you would turn at all. It was kind of scary! DS loved it though!

In the meantime DS10 had finally gotten his turn out on the track at the Driving School! I of course missed it, but DH took some pics!

DS10 really enjoyed his driving experience! Although he did not enjoy the hour+ wait for it. DH said he could have purchased an “ official” Ford Driving School drivers license with DS's pic on it, for like $30. But he declined!

DS13 and I figured out our way back and we all met up in front of the Boating School. The line there was HUGE. The kids were not interested! We sure were glad we got there early, because it was getting very crowded. Lots of school field trips and just people everywhere. We were getting very hungry. So now we had to find our way back to that talking pizza guy with the Lego pizza in his hand.....

Up Next: Lunch and a site for sore eyes....

Old 06-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #312
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

It sure looks like you guys had a very good time, especially DS10! I'm so glad he enjoyed his special day.

Any time we go to 'another' park, we always realize how much we love FPs! We always have to wait in lines like that and there's no other option. You just have to suck it up and stand there! The FP system is absolutely a genious thing!

That 'scary' coaster reminds me of Primeval Whirl at AK. I've never been on it b/c I can't stand spinning, but the track looks very similar. Glad that you and DS13 could get your thrill on at LL too! I'd be back there on the little cars with DH and DS10.

Hate that bag system! That would've made me crazy!

Can't wait to hear abut this 'sight for sore eyes.' I'm thinking you made it to Celebration and picked out our retirement homes that we talked about?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #313
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Love all the pics ! It's so cute how it's just all .. well .. Legos.
Looking forward to next update.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 06-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #314
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

HAPPY LAST Day OF SCHOOL!!

I know the boys are beyond thrilled and so excited for the party tonight. Wish we were there to be with y'all. I know Drew would have loved to come to the big shin dig at his Bud's house! Okay who am I fooling, I would have loved to come to the big shin dig at my bud's house!

Now--- wow. I cannot believe how intricate some of those Lego things are! The Ford SUV just did it for me. I am amazed that they are able to build them like that. I can't get three legos put together without screaming!

The flying coaster looks so neat. I've never ridden one like that but I'd like to.

Loving seeing DS10's cute little smile in all of those pics. He was in his element!
Do you think you'd ever go back again??

Great update!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #315
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
It sure looks like you guys had a very good time, especially DS10! I'm so glad he enjoyed his special day.

Any time we go to 'another' park, we always realize how much we love FPs! We always have to wait in lines like that and there's no other option. You just have to suck it up and stand there! The FP system is absolutely a genious thing!

That 'scary' coaster reminds me of Primeval Whirl at AK. I've never been on it b/c I can't stand spinning, but the track looks very similar. Glad that you and DS13 could get your thrill on at LL too! I'd be back there on the little cars with DH and DS10.

Hate that bag system! That would've made me crazy!

Can't wait to hear abut this 'sight for sore eyes.' I'm thinking you made it to Celebration and picked out our retirement homes that we talked about?

It was a really nice time! But yeah, no fastpasses. What's up with that???

The Technic Track coaster is kind of like Primeval Whirl now that you mention it. Only it doesn't spin. Which is the one thing that keeps me off Primeval Whirl.

Yes, it was nice that DS13 and I were able to get our 'thrill on'!!! I think he was surprised how cool the coasters were there. He wasn't expecting that!

Well no, the site for sore eyes isn't our retirement homes in Celebration. Not that I didn't find our retirement homes in Celebration , just not quite what I was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Love all the pics ! It's so cute how it's just all .. well .. Legos.
Looking forward to next update.
Thank you! Lots more LegoLand to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
HAPPY LAST Day OF SCHOOL!!

I know the boys are beyond thrilled and so excited for the party tonight. Wish we were there to be with y'all. I know Drew would have loved to come to the big shin dig at his Bud's house! Okay who am I fooling, I would have loved to come to the big shin dig at my bud's house!

Thanks!! We are so excited for school to be out for 3 months!!! I don't think I ever appreciated summer break so much before I started working at the school!

I wish you guys were here too. This party is going to be super cool! Why did you guys have to move away???

Now--- wow. I cannot believe how intricate some of those Lego things are! The Ford SUV just did it for me. I am amazed that they are able to build them like that. I can't get three legos put together without screaming!

The flying coaster looks so neat. I've never ridden one like that but I'd like to.

Loving seeing DS10's cute little smile in all of those pics. He was in his element!
Do you think you'd ever go back again??

Great update!

I know. I have never been able to even look at the directions from a little box of Lego's and build what it was supposed to be. It's too time consuming and frustrating!! DS10 on the other hand can build anything. With or without directions. So he could really appreciate all the awesome creations he was seeing that day. And he was of course telling me how he could have built that.

IDK if we will go back again or not. I'd say probably not. It's kind of one of those places that is very cool and very neat and was a real fun time, but once you've done it, you've done it. KWIM? It's just not WDW. Plus the next time we venture off WDW property I would like to try something different!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: