Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #271
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran
 
disny_luvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 4.7 miles from the Hersheypark Kissing Tower
Posts: 1,699

Awww, your son looks so happy to be going to Legoland. This is on our "to-do" list. We hope to make it there next year. I just really have a hard time taking time away from Disney to visit off-site places.
__________________
, DH ~ , Me ~ , DS (8) ~ , DS (8)

Upcoming Trips:
Beach Club ~ June 27-June 30, 2015/Polynesian Village ~ June 30-July 6, 2015
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Polynesian ~ August, 2014 *
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #272
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!
 
Lovemy3babes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MN -- 1,638 miles from WDW -- too far
Posts: 3,747

Oh gosh Shelly, my son who is 8 would be in heaven!! He loves Legos! I can just imagine how excited your little man was. I am looking forward to your LegoLand updates for sure!
__________________
Kelli, mom to four awesome kids! (14, 13, 10 & 7)
Nov '06: Pop Nov '08: POFQ Dec '09: OKW Sept '10: AsMo Oct '12: POR

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #273
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
Awww, your son looks so happy to be going to Legoland. This is on our "to-do" list. We hope to make it there next year. I just really have a hard time taking time away from Disney to visit off-site places.
I hope you can make it to LL next year! It was very hard to take the time away from WDW, but I'm glad we did it. It was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh gosh Shelly, my son who is 8 would be in heaven!! He loves Legos! I can just imagine how excited your little man was. I am looking forward to your LegoLand updates for sure!
I bet he would be!!

I'm so glad so many people are looking forward to the LL updates. I was worried I'd lose half my readers here!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #274
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran
 
ddluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England (1,300 miles from the mouse)
Posts: 3,263

Congrats on your new trip!!! and going with Jodi again- how fun!!
DH and I stayed at the GF for our anniversary in 2008. It is beautiful! You need to eat at Narcoossees- my fave!
When did you tell DS10 about where you were going??
He did look happy-cute!
I've thought about staying at the Swan/Dolphin w/ the teacher discount too.
Wow that pool was completely empty! Never see the Poly like that lol.
Yay for staying at the Poly again
__________________
Me DH DS16 DS12 Indiana
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #275
cyndiloveswalt
Mouseketeer
 
cyndiloveswalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Delaware
Posts: 459

Hey Shelly! Long time, no post. I read most of the last PTR and have been following along on this TR, but just haven't had time to post.
So excited for you and your next trip, I just read online that is the #1 recommended week to go as far as crowds, weather, etc. We are going exactly 1 month before you because we are running the food and wine 5k as a family.
I got my flights down today too, been waiting anxiously for them to extend their flights. We actually had reward points, so we got our flights down for $2.50 each! Gotta love that!
We stayed at The Swan a few nights 2 years ago with my in-laws and it was really nice. The kids loved the pool.
DH and I stayed at the BC for one of our long weekends alone, we stayed DVC though. We did like it, but it was in January so there were no crowds and we didn't use the pool. Sorry about your housekeeping issues.
We went this year in January and stayed at WL for the first time and it was awesome! You should put it on your list!
__________________
cyndiloveswalt is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #276
lala3291
DIS Veteran
 
lala3291's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I'm so happy with the flight down!! Still haven't done anything about the flight home.....

Hope you get a good deal for your November trip!

Lots more LegoLand coming up! No, I don't think your girls would be too interested in going there. Maybe one day when they have kids!
That's ok that you don't have flights for going home yet...just stay in WDW forever! That's what I would do!

Yes, that's what I was thinking, someday when I have grandkids I will take them to LL! I am so looking forward to DD21 having kids, but it better be a while away yet!
__________________

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- BC
Nov. '15- GF
lala3291 is online now  
Old 06-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #277
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,066

Congratulations on getting half of your airfare!!! I know that feels good to have that checked off. I sure wish flying was as cheap as it used to be too. The 3 of us flew for $50 pp back in '09! That was in the good ol days when I used to get good DINGS. I really miss those DINGS! I hope you can get a good deal for the trip home as well. Oh and for the early morning flight!! I know that late flight set your whole trip off on the wrong foot in May so that is awesome news!

Your DS10 has the cutest grin! He looked so excited! Don't you love it when you can really pull off a good surprise like that for them. Can't wait to hear all about it. We won't ever go there b/c DD is not a Lego fan, but I will still enjoy reading about your adventure and seeing your pictures. Our next off site trip will probably be Discovery Cove. I'm just waiting for DD to get older so she will enjoy it enough to justify the cost. Are there any other things you are interested in doing off-site?
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline  
Old 06-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #278
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

How awesome that you pulled off surprising DS about LL

Congrates on getting your flight down and at a good time. We always do the early am flight except for 2009 when Ddil booked a mid morning to get the $89 flights and I hated not getting to WDW until the afternoon.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 06-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #279
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Congrats on your new trip!!! and going with Jodi again- how fun!!
DH and I stayed at the GF for our anniversary in 2008. It is beautiful! You need to eat at Narcoossees- my fave!
When did you tell DS10 about where you were going??
He did look happy-cute!
I've thought about staying at the Swan/Dolphin w/ the teacher discount too.
Wow that pool was completely empty! Never see the Poly like that lol.
Yay for staying at the Poly again

Thank you! Glad to hear you enjoyed the GF.

We didn't tell DS10 where we were going at all. We told him he'd figure it out along the way and he did as soon as he saw that sign!! He didn't even know there was a LL in FL. He knew about the one in CA but didn't know they opened one in FL.

Well one of us should try out the Swan/Dolphin on the teacher discount and let the other know how it was! Do you want to go first??? No seriously, it does look awesome. The only real downside I can see is that there is no ME.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndiloveswalt View Post
Hey Shelly! Long time, no post. I read most of the last PTR and have been following along on this TR, but just haven't had time to post.
So excited for you and your next trip, I just read online that is the #1 recommended week to go as far as crowds, weather, etc. We are going exactly 1 month before you because we are running the food and wine 5k as a family.
I got my flights down today too, been waiting anxiously for them to extend their flights. We actually had reward points, so we got our flights down for $2.50 each! Gotta love that!
We stayed at The Swan a few nights 2 years ago with my in-laws and it was really nice. The kids loved the pool.
DH and I stayed at the BC for one of our long weekends alone, we stayed DVC though. We did like it, but it was in January so there were no crowds and we didn't use the pool. Sorry about your housekeeping issues.
We went this year in January and stayed at WL for the first time and it was awesome! You should put it on your list!
Hey Cyndi So glad you are here!!

Well that is good news about the week I am going in December! Congrats on your November trip. Early/mid Nov is a great time to go too. How fun that you are all running the marathon together.

How awesome that you got your flights down for $2.50. That is so great!!

The WL has been on my radar. Had those 2 free nights we are using been able to be used for a bunkbed room there we might have gone there instead. But they are for standard room only. I think they kids would love the bunkbeds at the WL! Maybe someday.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
That's ok that you don't have flights for going home yet...just stay in WDW forever! That's what I would do!

Yes, that's what I was thinking, someday when I have grandkids I will take them to LL! I am so looking forward to DD21 having kids, but it better be a while away yet!
That's exactly what I was thinking -- if we don't get flights home then we will just have to stay there!!!

But we ended up buying the morning flight back with SW last night. AT was $20 cheaper and 2 hours later, but DH felt that we should go with SW this time. There has been some things going on at his work that it just makes him feel better to be booked with SW right now because of the option to change with no fees. It's not like we feel he is going to lose his job or anything like that, there's just some uncertainty with some stuff and changing of upper mgmt and things like that. So we decided to pay the extra $80 and play it safe. And if we end up checking 2 bags we will only actually be paying an extra $40, because AT would have charged us $20 per bag and SW does not.

So I'm okay with spending the little bit extra to have that security to know that we can postpone this trip if need be and all that. But we will be leaving 1 hr and 45 minutes earlier to come home. Which stinks. But I guess we probably weren't going to do much of anything that morning anyway.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 06-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #280
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Congratulations on getting half of your airfare!!! I know that feels good to have that checked off. I sure wish flying was as cheap as it used to be too. The 3 of us flew for $50 pp back in '09! That was in the good ol days when I used to get good DINGS. I really miss those DINGS! I hope you can get a good deal for the trip home as well. Oh and for the early morning flight!! I know that late flight set your whole trip off on the wrong foot in May so that is awesome news!

Your DS10 has the cutest grin! He looked so excited! Don't you love it when you can really pull off a good surprise like that for them. Can't wait to hear all about it. We won't ever go there b/c DD is not a Lego fan, but I will still enjoy reading about your adventure and seeing your pictures. Our next off site trip will probably be Discovery Cove. I'm just waiting for DD to get older so she will enjoy it enough to justify the cost. Are there any other things you are interested in doing off-site?
Thanks!!

I remember the good old days of decent airfare. Like 2 years ago!! But yes, we got an early morning flight and I am thrilled about that!

We'd like to do some other things off-site. Not sure what exactly. Maybe drive out to the beach. Maybe Universal in a few years. Maybe Sea World. We'll see. If WDW keeps raising it's park tix we might be forced to try other things.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
How awesome that you pulled off surprising DS about LL

Congrates on getting your flight down and at a good time. We always do the early am flight except for 2009 when Ddil booked a mid morning to get the $89 flights and I hated not getting to WDW until the afternoon.
It was fun pulling off that little surprise!!

Thanks! We have gotten to WDW in the afternoon a few times. It wasn't too bad. Evening/night is the worst. Never again!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 06-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #281
wakica
DIS Veteran
 
wakica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,311

woo hoo! Legoland - can't wait to see more and I agree, the roads are UGLY - you definitely don't see the beauty of Florida on those major roads. We spent alot of time on them going between parks and Tampa and they are BO-RING!!! I have to give them a two thumbs up for efficiency though! We love how smooth sailing it is when you hit those major roads. We have so many little roads and highways where we are from that you always seem to get stuck behind a poky driver. On the Floriday roads there are lots of lanes and lots of chances to get past the poky people.
__________________





Me dh dd(16)
wakica is offline  
Old 06-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #282
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,962

I just love the picture of your son when he realized where you guys were taking him for the day....priceless! Too bad the only good scenery you saw on the way there was the Mickey shaped electrical pole thingies. I'm looking forward to reading about Legoland and seeing all of your pics.

We got home from our cruise and Disney vacation Saturday night. Thankfully, the weather didn't have much of an effect on our vacation. While we enjoyed the cruise, I must admit that cruising isn't our "thing". Then, once we got back to Walt Disney World, we felt too rushed and there was no real time to stop and smell the roses. Oh well, we tried the cruise and are glad that we did.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 06-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #283
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
woo hoo! Legoland - can't wait to see more and I agree, the roads are UGLY - you definitely don't see the beauty of Florida on those major roads. We spent alot of time on them going between parks and Tampa and they are BO-RING!!! I have to give them a two thumbs up for efficiency though! We love how smooth sailing it is when you hit those major roads. We have so many little roads and highways where we are from that you always seem to get stuck behind a poky driver. On the Floriday roads there are lots of lanes and lots of chances to get past the poky people.
Lots more LL to come!

Yeah, I was surprised by how ugly it is outside of WDW. Guess I was living in my own little WDW bubble there thinking that all of FL was just as beautiful.

I agree. The roads are well marked and easy to navigate. At least where we went was!


Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I just love the picture of your son when he realized where you guys were taking him for the day....priceless! Too bad the only good scenery you saw on the way there was the Mickey shaped electrical pole thingies. I'm looking forward to reading about Legoland and seeing all of your pics.

We got home from our cruise and Disney vacation Saturday night. Thankfully, the weather didn't have much of an effect on our vacation. While we enjoyed the cruise, I must admit that cruising isn't our "thing". Then, once we got back to Walt Disney World, we felt too rushed and there was no real time to stop and smell the roses. Oh well, we tried the cruise and are glad that we did.
Thanks! I snapped that pic at just the right time!!

I'm sorry cruising isn't your thing and then your WDW time felt rushed. Maybe May just wasn't the time to go this year. We didn't exactly have the best vacation ever either. But at least you tried the cruise and now you know. Lots of people love it, but it's not for everyone. I'm afraid we'd fall into that 'not for everyone' category, so I keep putting off trying it.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 06-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #284
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post

Thanks! I snapped that pic at just the right time!!

I'm sorry cruising isn't your thing and then your WDW time felt rushed. Maybe May just wasn't the time to go this year. We didn't exactly have the best vacation ever either. But at least you tried the cruise and now you know. Lots of people love it, but it's not for everyone. I'm afraid we'd fall into that 'not for everyone' category, so I keep putting off trying it.
I thought about you when we were on the cruise and wondered if you guys would like it or not. If you thought that Stormalong Bay was crazy, you wouldn't believe the pools on the cruise. Hunter had a great time at the teenage club on the cruise ship and went there two times. They had all sorts of activities for them to do and he said it was a lot of fun. I talked with another Diser on the ship whose kids went to the "tween" club and they enjoyed it as well. Maybe if John and I were more of the "chill" or "club" type folks, we would have had more fun. But, like I said, we enjoyed it but we won't be booking another cruise any time soon.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline  
Old 06-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #285
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I thought about you when we were on the cruise and wondered if you guys would like it or not. If you thought that Stormalong Bay was crazy, you wouldn't believe the pools on the cruise. Hunter had a great time at the teenage club on the cruise ship and went there two times. They had all sorts of activities for them to do and he said it was a lot of fun. I talked with another Diser on the ship whose kids went to the "tween" club and they enjoyed it as well. Maybe if John and I were more of the "chill" or "club" type folks, we would have had more fun. But, like I said, we enjoyed it but we won't be booking another cruise any time soon.

That's what I was afraid of. Loud & crowded pools. DH does not handle all that craziness well. I can't imagine your DH does either! I'm sure the kids would love the kids clubs and I would love to visit Castaway Cay, but I just don't know if we would all enjoy the overall cruise experience enough to make it worth the hefty cost. And I just hate coming home feeling like I didn't get my money's worth. Which rarely happens, but it did on this trip.

How was WDW? Besides rushed, I mean. Did you go to all the parks? Was it crowded? Hot? How was CBR?
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: