Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #256
Soarin4Disney
Earning My Ears
 
Soarin4Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 51

Just joining in. Loved your last TR so I'm sure I'll love this one too. Now to get caught up.
__________________
Me , DW, DS(16) , DD(13), DS (11), DS(8)


Our Disney Vacations:

Apr 2010 Offsite
May 2010 POP
Soarin4Disney is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #257
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Sheesh. Can't a girl get her work out on?

Between the flights and texts and hysteria that is "us", I'm gonna gain a ton!

Which means more shopping.

Which means I'm happy.

Okay I'm good with that, carry on.




Congrats on your flight down so early in the morning! I'll be waiting at check in for you, at about, oh..... 10 am!!!!!


As for me--- I got round trip for the 5 of us for a grand total of... $1093! That's flying AT and choosing seats for the Red Head and the Master of Ceremonies, AKA...Mark. Us minions shall choose a seat at a later date.


All in all I am very happy b/c I was sure that we'd be paying around $1500.

Good luck to anyone trying to get their flights today!

I know. It's after 11:00 and I still haven't vacuumed the floor. And you know how bad that bothers me!! Especially after the weekend!

The dog thinks I am nuts after my little happy dance for the awesome flight down!!

10am at check in will be perfect!




You got a super awesome deal for 5 people and with picking 2 of your 5 seats!!


Okay, now what do we do for the next 6 months?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarin4Disney View Post
Just joining in. Loved your last TR so I'm sure I'll love this one too. Now to get caught up.


So happy to hear you enjoyed the last TR. Hope you like this one too!

There are links to all the updates on the first page, if you want to skip all the other chit-chat!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #258
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,345

Wow, you two are getting the flight deals!! wish I could get rates like that from here. Never.gonna.happen.
We can't get $1000 for the four of us from here. If we did, I might actually get to fly to Fl! Although I will like having my car and all the stuff I can bring with me! I just wish we were about 12 hours closer!
Mndisneygirl is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #259
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Day 3: Monday April 30


After finally getting a decent nights sleep we were up around 7am to get our off-site day started! We got ready and left the BC around 8:00 and walked over to the Dolphin. We had rented a car from there for the day.

DS10 had no idea where we were going, but DS13 did!





As we walked by the SAB pool we noticed some guys doing some painting.





And after about a 10 minute walk we were at the Dolphin. I think that is the first time we have ever been inside there. Very nice and elegant.











We went up the escalator to the lobby and found the car rental desk. There were only 2 people working the desk and they both had someone, so we were next. Both people took forever. The one guy needed a complete step by step instruction on how to work the GPS. I didn't think we were ever going to get waited on. And the whole time DS10 was asking – where are we going???

Finally we got waited on and our whole transaction took about 5 minutes and we were headed out the front entrance of the Dolphin and getting our car. The valet asked us where we were headed, right in front of DS10. DH just stood there not knowing what to say and I quickly jumped in and said Celebration. We were actually going there, just not right now! So the guy then proceeded to tell us how to get to Celebration.





We loaded into the car and we were off! We got out of the Dolphin fine and onto the first road and then we needed to get on the highway heading west and we ended up heading east. The stupid GPS said to turn, so we did. Just too soon. We ended up going to the MK entrance. We told the guy at the booth that we were not going to MK and needed to get turned around. He was very nice and told us to head straight and then left at the Car Care Center sign and that would get us going the other direction. I thought for sure this was the first of many wrong turns we would take that day, but luckily it was the only one!

And pretty soon we saw this!



And then this!





And finally, this!!



Now that's one happy little boy!


Continued in next post.....


Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #260
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Continued.....


*So I will warn you here – the next several posts will be all LegoLand. So if you don't care for Lego's or only want to read about WDW, feel free to skip this part! I promise there is LOTS more Disney to come!!

For those of you interested in LegoLand you can read a bit about it here in my PTR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post44524622


It took us about 30 minutes to get to LegoLand. It was a pretty easy to get to. Once we were headed the right direction that is! I was expecting the journey to be a little um....what's the word....prettier? But really once we got outside of the WDW area the surroundings weren't all that pretty. Just kind of plain and desolate. We were on this one stretch of road for awhile and it was just ugly junky touristy type stores and such. I expected to be taking pictures of beautiful Florida landscape all along the way, but I didn't take anymore until we got to LL.

Pretty soon we saw this!





We pulled into the parking lot around 9:30. They opened at 10:00. As we pulled up to the booth it dawned on me that apparently I hadn't told DH that we were going to have to pay to park. So he starts going on a rant about having to pay $12 to park. Good grief. He's going on about how it should be included in the price of admission instead of it being a separate charge. And I am saying something like – well what's the difference, we would have to pay it either way? DUH!! So I had to remind him that the kids were both getting in for FREE since I had gotten the online McDonald's special tickets: Buy one adult ticket, get one child ticket free!

So we get through that and head into the parking lot. Lots of empty spaces, but we weren't allowed to park in the lot closest to the park. Not sure why. It was still empty when we came out later. But we were in the second lot and only a few rows back. So we didn't have too far to walk.























We didn't expect to be able to enter yet since it was barely past 9:30, but we walked right in!




Up Next: More LegoLand


Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #261
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Wow, you two are getting the flight deals!! wish I could get rates like that from here. Never.gonna.happen.
We can't get $1000 for the four of us from here. If we did, I might actually get to fly to Fl! Although I will like having my car and all the stuff I can bring with me! I just wish we were about 12 hours closer!

I think we all wish we lived about 12 hours closer to WDW!!!

Airfare is so ridiculous anymore. I am thrilled about the flight time and happy about the price for the flight down. I'm just having a hard time bringing myself to pay $550 for the flight home. Especially when we used to pay $600-$700 RT.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #262
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Mndisneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,345

Shelly - do you mind if I ask what your boys carry in their packs? Just curious. you know I have girls, and of course I know what they want, but I wondered what types of things they "need". It's nice that you're not carrying it!

DS10 looks so excited!! How cute!
Mndisneygirl is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #263
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Shelly - do you mind if I ask what your boys carry in their packs? Just curious. you know I have girls, and of course I know what they want, but I wondered what types of things they "need". It's nice that you're not carrying it!

DS10 looks so excited!! How cute!

Let's see.....They both usually have a camera (DS13 now has his IPod instead), sunglasses, and maybe a few bandaids, and a few 'trader pins' (at WDW) - they say they want to be ready when they see a CM with a pin they want and not have to deal with taking it off the lanyard and all that! They call it a 'quick trade'. That's about it I think. They sometimes have a little mister fan attached to their packs. DH and I carry their important stuff - their KTTWC and spending money!

DS10 was one happy little guy that day!!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #264
PEANUT1
You can Fly!
 
PEANUT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burlington, New Jersey
Posts: 2,451

Very cool. Legoland is on our "to do" list
__________________
Andrea & Bob Belle 10 , Abby 7
PEANUT1 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #265
T*Bird
DIS Veteran
 
T*Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,235

Awww, I love the picture of your DS10 when he found out where you were heading! After all, those smiles are the reason we do all this, right? I can't wait to hear more about your day and how much you liked LL.

Congrats on the great flight deals! I know you are so glad to get an early flight down and not be arriving late at night again. $114 RT sounds like a super deal, and $138 doesn't sound bad either. I can't believe the deal Jodi got, either! $1093 for 5 people = So can you pleeeaase tell me how you girls go about getting these great deals? Do you go to the airline's website or to sites like Cheaptickets or Expedia? I need advice from the pros! I've been looking into flights to Las Vegas, but they are so high. We don't have any real plans to go, but I always think that if I see a great air deal, I would make it happen!

The Dolphin looks very nice, BTW. I've wondered about staying there, but I know there are certain things that don't work the same as with a Disney resort. But the hotel and the pool look beautiful.

Thanks, Jodi, for the mention on the ticker idea. Not sure I want credit for that idea though.
T*Bird is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #266
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags
 
JoBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Right here, of course
Posts: 7,784

WOW look at that grin!! So adorable!!

I can't believe you only had one wrong turn on your LL journey- that's really good!

I've never seen the inside of the Dolphin before- it looks really pretty in there. I think a stay there in 2014 would be ideal. 'Cause you are right! 2013 is indeed DL or bust.

As far as the scenery outside of WDW -- yeah. The surrounding areas there just aren't too pretty. Lots of junky spots for sure. I guess it's just how it is there. You have pretty little places and then junky little places and all of it adds up to being wonderful to me.

Can't wait to hear all about inside the park!
__________________
JoBird is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #267
lala3291
DIS Veteran
 
lala3291's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,116

That's great that you got your flights down to WDW! And what a great price! I am all set with our August flights, I'm just waiting on the November flight prices to hopefully go down. I am hoping they go down a bit, but I don't want to wait to long in case they go up!

I love the reaction on the face of your DS when he found out about Legoland! So cute! He looked so happy. I can't wait to hear more about LL! But, I don't think I will be getting my girls there any time soon! Still, I can't wait to hear about it!
__________________
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
lala3291 is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #268
Aristocath
DIS Veteran
 
Aristocath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 1,538

I'm enjoying your report. I'm curious about Legoland. We went to Legoland in California when our oldest was 9. Our other boys were 7 and 4 - what I considered perfect ages for most of Legoland. The 9 year old had fun but we felt in another year or two he would have felt too old for much of the park. We went to the Lego Discovery center here last summer and my youngest was 8 and he had aged out of much of what the Discovery center had. So now I'm wondering how much your 10 and 13 year olds got from Legoland Florida and if it is much different from California. My boys will be 15, 13, and 10 by the time we get there. Thanks for sharing your opinion!
Aristocath is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #269
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
Very cool. Legoland is on our "to do" list
Your girls would be the perfect age for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Awww, I love the picture of your DS10 when he found out where you were heading! After all, those smiles are the reason we do all this, right? I can't wait to hear more about your day and how much you liked LL.

Congrats on the great flight deals! I know you are so glad to get an early flight down and not be arriving late at night again. $114 RT sounds like a super deal, and $138 doesn't sound bad either. I can't believe the deal Jodi got, either! $1093 for 5 people = So can you pleeeaase tell me how you girls go about getting these great deals? Do you go to the airline's website or to sites like Cheaptickets or Expedia? I need advice from the pros! I've been looking into flights to Las Vegas, but they are so high. We don't have any real plans to go, but I always think that if I see a great air deal, I would make it happen!

The Dolphin looks very nice, BTW. I've wondered about staying there, but I know there are certain things that don't work the same as with a Disney resort. But the hotel and the pool look beautiful.

Thanks, Jodi, for the mention on the ticker idea. Not sure I want credit for that idea though.
Yes, that smile was worth all the planning!!

I am super excited to have an early morning flight. I know I will wake at 4am that day anyway, so I might as well get my behind out of bed and get to WDW before 10am!!

Jodi and I book right with the airlines. I have never found a better price than what is offered right through them. And I've been to all those Expedia, CheapoAir, Orbitz, Travelzoo, etc.

I think the trick is to purchase the day they come out anymore. They seem to only go up from there.

The Dolphin was very nice. We will probably stay there someday.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
WOW look at that grin!! So adorable!!

I can't believe you only had one wrong turn on your LL journey- that's really good!

I've never seen the inside of the Dolphin before- it looks really pretty in there. I think a stay there in 2014 would be ideal. 'Cause you are right! 2013 is indeed DL or bust.

As far as the scenery outside of WDW -- yeah. The surrounding areas there just aren't too pretty. Lots of junky spots for sure. I guess it's just how it is there. You have pretty little places and then junky little places and all of it adds up to being wonderful to me.

Can't wait to hear all about inside the park!

I know, I just love that pic!

As soon as I realized what we did I quickly remembered why we use WDW transportation and was worried we were in for a long day of getting lost! But luckily we did fine. It really is an easy trip. Once you are headed the right direction.

I just might be ready for an Epcot resort stay in 2014. So it will either be Swan, Dolphin, or the BWI!

I was so surprised by the scenery on the way to LL. I had my camera out and was all ready to take pics, but there was just nothing pretty to take pictures of. Weird.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
Old 06-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #270
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 20,885

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
That's great that you got your flights down to WDW! And what a great price! I am all set with our August flights, I'm just waiting on the November flight prices to hopefully go down. I am hoping they go down a bit, but I don't want to wait to long in case they go up!

I love the reaction on the face of your DS when he found out about Legoland! So cute! He looked so happy. I can't wait to hear more about LL! But, I don't think I will be getting my girls there any time soon! Still, I can't wait to hear about it!
I'm so happy with the flight down!! Still haven't done anything about the flight home.....

Hope you get a good deal for your November trip!

Lots more LegoLand coming up! No, I don't think your girls would be too interested in going there. Maybe one day when they have kids!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocath View Post
I'm enjoying your report. I'm curious about Legoland. We went to Legoland in California when our oldest was 9. Our other boys were 7 and 4 - what I considered perfect ages for most of Legoland. The 9 year old had fun but we felt in another year or two he would have felt too old for much of the park. We went to the Lego Discovery center here last summer and my youngest was 8 and he had aged out of much of what the Discovery center had. So now I'm wondering how much your 10 and 13 year olds got from Legoland Florida and if it is much different from California. My boys will be 15, 13, and 10 by the time we get there. Thanks for sharing your opinion!

So glad you are enjoying the TR!

From all that I have heard and read LegoLand in FL is much better than LL in CA. But with that said, I think it just depends on the kids. It was perfect for my DS10. But he is a HUGE Lego lover. He sits and builds those things for hours. DS13 liked it better than I expected. He likes Legos like any other boy, but he was never overly crazy about them like DS10. He was pleasantly surprised by the big coasters and really enjoyed looking at all the creations in MiniLand USA. By age 15 there probably isn't too much for the kids. A few coasters and things, but other than that not too much to interest that age. Unless of course he loves Legos!

Hope that helps some. Lots of LL pics to come.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: