Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #241
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

After dinner at the Garden Grove we decided to take a stroll around the Swan and Dolphin and check out their main pool. We always say we are going to stay at one of these resorts since I can get the Teacher/School employee discount they offer, but we just never seem to do it.

The main pool is over on the Dolphin side, so we headed that way.

DS10 found a soccer ball and net in the sand, so he kicked the ball around a bit!

And pretty soon we had made our way to the pool! Which was nearly empty.

Look at my little pool hopper!!

It started to sprinkle a little when we were there but luckily it didn't break out into a full rain. We didn't have any umbrellas or ponchos with us!

Next we headed back towards the Swan and then the Boardwalk.

Continued in next post.....

Old 06-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #242
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

We hung on out the BW for quite awhile. We love the gift shop there, so we went in there and looked around for awhile too. Eventually we headed back over to the BC side of the lake.

We looked up and decided that the balcony there on the top right was ours.

We spent a little more time on the beach, then went in a had a look around the BC gift shop and then went up to the room and called it a night. I was so exhausted from having so little sleep the prior two nights and we had to get up bright & early the next day for our off-site trip. We were so excited to surprise DS10 with this little trip!!

Up Next: We're Heading Off-Site!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #243
monica23535
DIS Veteran

I just love the Epcot resort area, it's so pretty!

Looking forward to the next update and the big reveal
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 06-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #244
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous pictures from the Boardwalk/BC area! Just GORGEOUS! If there is anything prettier than that area at sunset, I don't know what it is!

Great picture of you and DH on the park bench. That should be framed!
Old 06-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #245
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Awesome pictures! I just love the BW area...especially at that time of day/night!

I am so excited for you to stay at the GF AND the Poly on your next trip! I have become obsessed at looking at pictures of the Poly! I just want to be able to be familiar with it so that I know all of the different things the resort has to offer. August 28th can't come soon enough!
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
Old 06-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #246
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Love the picture of DS 13 perched atop the piling.

I can not believe I am going to miss you in Dec by just a week !

Good luck with you flights I think you should be good since your dates are not that close to Xmas. I am a little jealous that you will see the Tree on Main St and the garland at MK. Oh well my air is bought so no changeing dates now.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Last edited by sjs314; 06-02-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #247
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Oh. My. GOSH.

You tell that boy of yours that there will be NO POOL HOPPING allowed!

That pool looks wonderfull!! So clean and calm and relaxing. What a difference, huh?

I think you should sincerely think about staying there. Just not in December.

Looks like you had a wonderfully relaxing night- the scenery and sunset were so beautiful!

Oh yeah so I've been thinking. Which leads to trouble most times, but I've been thinking nonetheless, that you need to change that ticker for the GF to saying that it's "x months and days until THE WORST, MOST TERRIBLE VACATION EVER".
That way you will ensure it is spectacular.

Credit to Teri for thinking it!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #248
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
I just love the Epcot resort area, it's so pretty!

Looking forward to the next update and the big reveal

It really is a pretty area. We had a nice evening.

Day 3 is coming up tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Gorgeous pictures from the Boardwalk/BC area! Just GORGEOUS! If there is anything prettier than that area at sunset, I don't know what it is!

Great picture of you and DH on the park bench. That should be framed!
It was a beautiful night. I thought for sure we were going to get rained on after dinner, but it ended up to be so nice. And cooler!

Thank you! Sometimes DS surprises us and snaps a good pic of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Awesome pictures! I just love the BW area...especially at that time of day/night!

I am so excited for you to stay at the GF AND the Poly on your next trip! I have become obsessed at looking at pictures of the Poly! I just want to be able to be familiar with it so that I know all of the different things the resort has to offer. August 28th can't come soon enough!
We really lucked into being there at the right time of day and getting some good pics!

Remember there are A LOT of Poly pics in my TR from last year! I bet you are so excited!!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #249
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Love the picture of DS 13 perched atop the piling.

I can not believe I am going to miss you in Dec by just a week !

Good luck with you flights I think you should be good since your dates are not that close to Xmas. I am a little jealous that you will see the Tree on Main St and the garland at MK. Oh well my air is bought so no changeing dates now.
Thanks! I'm not sure what he was doing up there, but I thought I should take his pic!

I know. So close!!

I sure hope we get decent airfare. I think you will be able to see all those things on your trip. They were all up on our November trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Oh. My. GOSH.

You tell that boy of yours that there will be NO POOL HOPPING allowed!

That pool looks wonderfull!! So clean and calm and relaxing. What a difference, huh?

I think you should sincerely think about staying there. Just not in December.

Looks like you had a wonderfully relaxing night- the scenery and sunset were so beautiful!

Oh yeah so I've been thinking. Which leads to trouble most times, but I've been thinking nonetheless, that you need to change that ticker for the GF to saying that it's "x months and days until THE WORST, MOST TERRIBLE VACATION EVER".
That way you will ensure it is spectacular.

Credit to Teri for thinking it!!!

No pool hopping!!

That pool did look wonderful. Very serene. Very relaxing. A nice welcome change from SAB. I had heard that the Swan/Dolphin pool water was always cold, so that's why DS was testing the water. He said it was warm, so I stuck my hand in and it was!

We really should consider staying there. But you are right -- not in December! Maybe 2014. You know 2013 is DisneyLAND or bust!!!!!!!!!!

Well that would make for one heck of a ticker, wouldn't it??? I bet no one else has even had one like that before.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #250
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Breaking news!!

SW and AT released their rates through Jan 4th this morning! AND -- I was able to get a 7:00am flight down with SW for $114 each! Yes, I do realize how sad it is to be so excited about paying $114 per person for a flight down, when only a few years ago we were paying $89 pp tops! But, it is what it is and I'm just happy to have a morning flight this time.

As for the way back -- SW has nothing good. Only 2 non-stops and they are 10:45am or 7:30pm. Neither are great options and they are both $158 each. AT has several non-stop flights back for $138. Not great, but I guess that is what I am going to have to take. Still thinking about that one though......
Old 06-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #251
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

good for you!! Hope you get the return you want!!
We are still waiting to see some drop in price.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #252
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

Beautiful sunset pictures, Shelly!

Hooray for a morning flight down next time!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Old 06-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #253
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey Shelly, we're back from our trip and I'm all caught up again. I'm pretty picky about buffets but the Garden Grove looks like it was well maintained and clean. I really enjoyed all of your pictures from your evening stroll.

Oh and I almost forgot...congrats on booking another trip! I know that you and Jo are super excited to be gonig at the same time.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #254
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
good for you!! Hope you get the return you want!!
We are still waiting to see some drop in price.
Thanks Shawna!! I need to just book that flight back. In recent years our flight prices do nothing but go up from release day.

Hope you get a great price!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
Beautiful sunset pictures, Shelly!

Hooray for a morning flight down next time!
Thanks Kathy, glad you enjoyed the pics!

I am beyond thrilled with a 7am flight down!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hey Shelly, we're back from our trip and I'm all caught up again. I'm pretty picky about buffets but the Garden Grove looks like it was well maintained and clean. I really enjoyed all of your pictures from your evening stroll.

Oh and I almost forgot...congrats on booking another trip! I know that you and Jo are super excited to be gonig at the same time.
Welcome back Lisa!! I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering when you were getting back. How was it??? Was CBR as fabulous as always? How was the cruise? Did you love it? Did you stay at POR too? How was that? Come on, we want details!!!

The Garden Grove is very nice. I highly recommend it to anyone not on the DDP who wants to try something different.

Glad you are enjoying the pics.

Yes, Jodi and I are VERY excited about this upcoming trip!! She just might have gotten an awesome deal on airfare this morning herself!! But I'll let her tell you guys all about it!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #255
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Sheesh. Can't a girl get her work out on?

Between the flights and texts and hysteria that is "us", I'm gonna gain a ton!

Which means more shopping.

Which means I'm happy.

Okay I'm good with that, carry on.

Congrats on your flight down so early in the morning! I'll be waiting at check in for you, at about, oh..... 10 am!!!!!

As for me--- I got round trip for the 5 of us for a grand total of... $1093! That's flying AT and choosing seats for the Red Head and the Master of Ceremonies, AKA...Mark. Us minions shall choose a seat at a later date.

All in all I am very happy b/c I was sure that we'd be paying around $1500.

Good luck to anyone trying to get their flights today!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: