Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #226
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

Yay for tickers!

Especially tickers that overlap with mine!

Woot Woot!!!

Congrats on booking.... Finally!!

What??? They overlap with yours? Who knew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
I'm in! Love your report so far!
Welcome! Glad you are enjoying the TR. Lots more to come! Feel free to post anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
oh my goodness!! You are going again this year!? You lucky duck!!!!! I am excited for you to be going at Christmastime & you get to hang out with Jo AGAIN!!!
Yes, hopefully it will all work out and we get to go back in December!!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #227
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
New tickers! Awesome!

Please tell me you guys are finally going to buy Annual Passes!

Nope, we didn't get annual passes. I have done all the math and unless we are going 3 times in one year (which will never happen) it just isn't worth it for us. I think because we don't park hop. We always buy base tix. I think maybe if we always bought park hoppers, then going 2 times a year and all the other benefits of an AP would be cost efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Garden Grove looks great!

And congratulations on the new tickers!!!
The Garden Grove was pretty nice!

Thank you Amy!

Quote:
Okay so maybe I've had too much coffee this morning.

Or maybe it's just me. (Ya' think??)

But I'm in complete hysteria over the December trip this morning! I'm soooooooooooooo glad the cat's out of the bag.

It was really starting to get to me, as if you didn't already know that.

If you're working today that means no updates and I have to go clean.

Or shop.

But I'm not doing both.

So------ get on here girl and tell us all about booking and those shiny new tickers so I don't have to go spend money!!

Step away from the toilet scrubber girl!! I took the day off. There is an awards ceremony at the middle school later this afternoon, so I am home until then!! So, no cleaning and no shopping for you! Save your money for that awesome December trip you have coming up!

Okay, so here's the details:

As I think I mentioned earlier in the TR (if not I know I mentioned it in the PTR when we got back), there was a bounceback offer in our room. It said "Save 35% on your next Disney Deluxe Resort if you book before you check out!" So we thought about it all week while we were there. As you all know by now this was not our best vacation ever so it was hard trying to decide if we wanted to spend the money to come back another time by the end of the year. Yeah, the BB offer was only good on select dates thru the rest of 2012: Jun 3-9, Aug 5-Oct 6, Oct 21-Nov 3, Nov 11-17, Nov 25-Dec1, and Dec 9-15. After much contemplation we decided that we would go ahead and book something. After-all it is totally refundable if we want to cancel later. AND - we were only going to book if the Poly was included in the 35% off, because that's the only place we wanted to stay. So then it was time to decide when.....We thought about the end of August (same week we went last year) because then we wouldn't have to deal with school. So the no school thing was a huge plus, BUT the 2 downsides of August were that it was so soon, therefore not much time to save. And the heat. While the heat hadn't bothered us much last Aug it sure was taking it's toll on us this trip. I left it up to DH and he said that he would really rather not deal with the heat next time and go later in the year. He thought it would be nice to see all the Christmas lights & decorations again too. So we decided that we would just make it a short trip, Tues-Sun. And he decided on the week before Thanksgiving - Nov 13-17. So the day before we checked out I called the number on the BB offer to book. And to our surprise the Poly is included and would be 35% off!! But what do you know, it's not available 2 of those 5 nights we wanted that week, under the discount. Crap!! So I ask if it is available the last week of August, and it is. Then I remember DH saying he didn't want to deal with the heat. So I decide to give it one more try and go for the very last week it is offered this year and the dates would be Dec 11-16 (Tues-Sun), and it is!! So I booked it.

I hung up the phone and thought to myself, isn't that about the same time Jodi is going for a family wedding??? I was thinking she is going to freak out, so I start texting her and we are both freaking out like we do!! She was booked the same exact time - Tues-Sun!! Since then she has changed her days to Sat Dec 8-Sun Dec 16.

AND - then all that occurred with us getting the 2 comp nights at any deluxe. At first I thought about adding 2 nights onto the Poly stay. Then I thought about the Contemporary. Then finally decided on giving the GF a try! So now our dates are Sun Dec 9-Sun Dec 16! The first 2 nights at the GF and the next 5 at the Poly. The kids will now have to miss 5 days instead of 4, but hopefully it won't be a problem. They did fine with it this year and the school is always great about it!

So that's that. I bought 5 day base tix from UT, before the price increases. Many things could change between now & then and this could all be cancelled. Airfare will play a big part of that. I am terrified what it will be this time after the enormous amount we had to pay last time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #228
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Well SHOOT!!! That first week you tried was my week!!!!! DANG! Well, if i can't have you there for my week, I will share you with Jodi!
It it's any concellation at all, we won't book our airfare till sometime in July, maybe August,...around 12 weeks out has always been the sweet spot for us. so, that gives you even more time to save...your 12 weeks won't be until sometime in Aug for sure,...and like you said, you can cancel,...but next week or so you will be making ADRs right? I am hoping with my fingers crossed Be Our Guest is open for our trip. If not, it'll def be opened for y'alls!!! They said for Holiday Season 2012,...the Christmas parties/decor are up and going during our week, so I am hoping it's open...if not it'll be December I bet.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #229
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Who, Us????

Freak Out???

Didn't happen.

The frenzy that was that day was hysterical.

Yay for being at the GF at the same time as ME!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #230
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

SWEEEEET!!!

What a great trip! You are going to love the Christmas stuff!!! It's so beautiful and festive there that time of year.
The GF decorations are just gorgeous too!
And you get Jodi, too? What could be better??

I can only imagine the flying texts between you too!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #231
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Well SHOOT!!! That first week you tried was my week!!!!! DANG! Well, if i can't have you there for my week, I will share you with Jodi!
It it's any concellation at all, we won't book our airfare till sometime in July, maybe August,...around 12 weeks out has always been the sweet spot for us. so, that gives you even more time to save...your 12 weeks won't be until sometime in Aug for sure,...and like you said, you can cancel,...but next week or so you will be making ADRs right? I am hoping with my fingers crossed Be Our Guest is open for our trip. If not, it'll def be opened for y'alls!!! They said for Holiday Season 2012,...the Christmas parties/decor are up and going during our week, so I am hoping it's open...if not it'll be December I bet.
I was thinking you were probably going again that week!

Well for us airfare is typically the cheapest right when it comes out and then 6 weeks before the trip. But last year the 6 weeks out thing never happened. So IDK what to think.

Yes, ADR's will be the week after next.

I don't know too much about Be Our Guest. I had heard of it, but didn't know it was set to open this year!! That would be awesome to try out a brand new restaurant!

Quote:
Who, Us????

Freak Out???

Didn't happen.

The frenzy that was that day was hysterical.

Yay for being at the GF at the same time as ME!!!!!!
No us, never! We would never do such a thing!!

It was quite amusing, wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
SWEEEEET!!!

What a great trip! You are going to love the Christmas stuff!!! It's so beautiful and festive there that time of year.
The GF decorations are just gorgeous too!
And you get Jodi, too? What could be better??

I can only imagine the flying texts between you too!

We've visited the GF when the gingerbread house was being built. Looking forward to seeing it when it is complete. And we absolutely LOVE the Osborne Lights at DHS!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #232
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Congrats again on the new trip!! That's going to make for one heck of a TR!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #233
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Your next trip sounds awesome Shelly! We went during the same time frame before (mid-Dec) and the Christmas trees and decorations were simply beautiful.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 06-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #234
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Whoa!! I was exhausted from just reading about how this next trip came about! How do you girls do this? It's a science, that's what I think. And you and Jodi are 2 mad scientists! The calling, the pricing, the switching, the calling back, the switching back, the booking......I would never in a million years be that good at trip planning. I can just imagine the texts going on between y'all. All in all, it sounds like everything fell right into place. No, strike that, everything was forced right into place with a lot of work!

The GF and the Poly in one trip! That's like a dream come true! I think you will be so happy going back in December. I know how much you loved the Christmas decorations and the Osborne lights.

So now I am predicting that this will be your worst Disney vacation ever!

Geez, I wonder what people are going to think of me. And I hope you got the joke.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #235
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Congrats again on the new trip!! That's going to make for one heck of a TR!!!
Thanks Rinky!! I hope it makes one heck of a trip before it makes one heck of a TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Your next trip sounds awesome Shelly! We went during the same time frame before (mid-Dec) and the Christmas trees and decorations were simply beautiful.
Thank you Kelli! We are really looking forward to the Christmas stuff! We have seen a lot of it on our early Nov trips, but not all of it I don't think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Whoa!! I was exhausted from just reading about how this next trip came about! How do you girls do this? It's a science, that's what I think. And you and Jodi are 2 mad scientists! The calling, the pricing, the switching, the calling back, the switching back, the booking......I would never in a million years be that good at trip planning. I can just imagine the texts going on between y'all. All in all, it sounds like everything fell right into place. No, strike that, everything was forced right into place with a lot of work!

The GF and the Poly in one trip! That's like a dream come true! I think you will be so happy going back in December. I know how much you loved the Christmas decorations and the Osborne lights.

So now I am predicting that this will be your worst Disney vacation ever!

Geez, I wonder what people are going to think of me. And I hope you got the joke.

Well, it is exhausting. But someone's got to take one for the team. Right?!! I don't have too many talents in life, so I really think this is mine!

It really is a dream come true. It will be a bit shorter of a trip than we are used to, but considering this will be our second trip this year we just feel lucky and blessed to be able to go again at all. And two awesome resorts and a great price make it even better.

Now, if only the airfare will cooperate on this very budget trip.

And thanks for the prediction. I really appreciate it!!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #236
wakica
DIS Veteran

Garden Grove looked like a very nice restaraunt!!

Sorry about the problems with your room That's AWEFUL of them to just ignore the notes you left. What was with that??? We had some issues with our stay onsite at Universal on our trip too - I have yet to complain but i will still do so. I'm pretty sure that I won't get anything comped though bc Universal just is NOT Disney when it comes to customer service. I'm glad they did end up giving you something for your troubles and that's SO EXCITING that your already planning your next trip back

Me dh dd(16)
Old 06-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #237
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your new ticker! I can't believe you get to go again so soon, that is just greedy

I am definitely jealous lol
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 06-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #238
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
Garden Grove looked like a very nice restaraunt!!

Sorry about the problems with your room That's AWEFUL of them to just ignore the notes you left. What was with that??? We had some issues with our stay onsite at Universal on our trip too - I have yet to complain but i will still do so. I'm pretty sure that I won't get anything comped though bc Universal just is NOT Disney when it comes to customer service. I'm glad they did end up giving you something for your troubles and that's SO EXCITING that your already planning your next trip back
It really was.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the problem was at the BC. It sure was disappointing. I'm sorry you had issues at Universal. It really puts a damper on the vacation. I hope they do something to make it right for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Congrats on your new ticker! I can't believe you get to go again so soon, that is just greedy

I am definitely jealous lol

Thanks! Yep, I'm so greedy I wanted to get 3 tickers -- a GF one, a Christmas one, and a Poly one!! Just couldn't fit them all in.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #239
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Congrats on booking for December!
I've been subscribed for a while, but just caught up. I'm sorry your stay at the Beach Club didn't work out as you had hoped. It's nice that you're getting the Grand Floridian as a result though!
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 06-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #240
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Congrats on booking for December!
I've been subscribed for a while, but just caught up. I'm sorry your stay at the Beach Club didn't work out as you had hoped. It's nice that you're getting the Grand Floridian as a result though!

Welcome Becca!! So glad you are here!

Thanks, we are really looking forward to the December trip.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: