Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #211
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

that sounds good for our first night....I tend to avoid buffets too--I was also looking at it thinking"I might could eat here!!"....we could just walk over from the bc/yc area...will have to add this to my list of things to try!

Old 05-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #212
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Great pictures on your walk to dinner! Such a beautiful area!

GG looks really nice. And that is awesome that you had characters and were not expecting them. Love that! And so glad they didn't forget DS's birthday! That dessert looked pretty darn good to me!

I have to say that I find it very amusing that you don't like bacon. I don't think I have ever met anyone who doesn't like bacon. That's not a bad thing though... just makes you special.

That was the first review I've ever read of GG and I'm glad to hear you guys all liked it. It did look very clean and the place seemed empty. I love it when restaurants are like that! Glad things are starting to look up for this trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #213
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Garden Grove sounds pretty good! I would like that salad for sure! I read about how they have different menus. I'm sure DH would like the BBQ, I would prefer seafood or Italian (but he'd like those too!). I had also heard about the Restaurant.com deals too. Might have to keep that in mind in the future...

I think someone asked how to get to Epcot from BC earlier -
You just walk down a path from the lake side of BC, turn left and you can go in through the International Gateway into World Showcase. It's a 5 minute walk and it's such a great perk of staying at either YC, BC or BWI (or Swan/Dolphin for that matter).
Old 05-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #214
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how empty that restaurant looked!!!

Characters too...bonus!!

What a nice surprise for DS. I would have been so stressed out wondering if they remembered that you put the b day on the reservation.

I just saw your new ticker!!!!
When did you book that?? Did I miss a whole conversation on this trip!?
I can't wait to go with my family at Christmas time. I was able to go with my sister in 2010. I hope the boys wanna go back sooner than later. When they do it will be for Christmas!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #215
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I see those tickers too!!!

Christmas season at GF and Poly??? Holy Cats that sounds good!! Start talking lady!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #216
lala3291
DIS Veteran

OMG!!! Look at those tickers! My favorite resort...the GF! I am so excited that you will be trying it. And the Poly too?! I know how much you love it there. Congrats!

I have been researching the Poly over the past few days...I know we are going to love it!
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
Old 05-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #217
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Yay for tickers!

Especially tickers that overlap with mine!

Woot Woot!!!

Congrats on booking.... Finally!!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #218
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Love your report so far!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:11 PM   #219
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

oh my goodness!! You are going again this year!? You lucky duck!!!!! I am excited for you to be going at Christmastime & you get to hang out with Jo AGAIN!!!

Old 06-01-2012, 01:49 AM   #220
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

New tickers! Awesome!

Please tell me you guys are finally going to buy Annual Passes!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Old 06-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #222
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Okay so maybe I've had too much coffee this morning.

Or maybe it's just me. (Ya' think??)

But I'm in complete hysteria over the December trip this morning! I'm soooooooooooooo glad the cat's out of the bag.

It was really starting to get to me, as if you didn't already know that.

If you're working today that means no updates and I have to go clean.

Or shop.

But I'm not doing both.

So------ get on here girl and tell us all about booking and those shiny new tickers so I don't have to go spend money!!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #223
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
that sounds good for our first night....I tend to avoid buffets too--I was also looking at it thinking"I might could eat here!!"....we could just walk over from the bc/yc area...will have to add this to my list of things to try!
The GG would be very convenient for you guys on your first night or any 'down time' night. Easy walk over, great atmosphere, great food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Great pictures on your walk to dinner! Such a beautiful area!

GG looks really nice. And that is awesome that you had characters and were not expecting them. Love that! And so glad they didn't forget DS's birthday! That dessert looked pretty darn good to me!

I have to say that I find it very amusing that you don't like bacon. I don't think I have ever met anyone who doesn't like bacon. That's not a bad thing though... just makes you special.

That was the first review I've ever read of GG and I'm glad to hear you guys all liked it. It did look very clean and the place seemed empty. I love it when restaurants are like that! Glad things are starting to look up for this trip.
IDK why I didn't know there were characters there. I know I read that they were there for breakfast, but not for dinner. It was such a nice surprise since we didn't have any other character meals booked!

I know, I am strange!! I might be the only person in the world who doesn't like bacon. Even the smell of it grosses me out!

Yes, things were starting to look up for this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Garden Grove sounds pretty good! I would like that salad for sure! I read about how they have different menus. I'm sure DH would like the BBQ, I would prefer seafood or Italian (but he'd like those too!). I had also heard about the Restaurant.com deals too. Might have to keep that in mind in the future...

I think someone asked how to get to Epcot from BC earlier -
You just walk down a path from the lake side of BC, turn left and you can go in through the International Gateway into World Showcase. It's a 5 minute walk and it's such a great perk of staying at either YC, BC or BWI (or Swan/Dolphin for that matter).
Yeah, all their menus sound good. I went with the BBQ since it looked like it would have the most stuff for all of us! Of course I'm pretty sure they have corndog nuggets & chicken nuggets every night for the kids!!

Oh sorry, I must have missed that -- thanks for answering that Sheree!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #224
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I can't believe how empty that restaurant looked!!!

Characters too...bonus!!

What a nice surprise for DS. I would have been so stressed out wondering if they remembered that you put the b day on the reservation.

I just saw your new ticker!!!!
When did you book that?? Did I miss a whole conversation on this trip!?
I can't wait to go with my family at Christmas time. I was able to go with my sister in 2010. I hope the boys wanna go back sooner than later. When they do it will be for Christmas!
It really was super empty. Maybe only 5 other families in there! I was getting a little nervous that maybe they didn't do anything for birthdays, but I figured if they didn't then I would just mention it at another ADR later in the trip.

YAY!! You are the first one to notice my new tickers!! Nope, you didn't miss that conversation, we haven't had it yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I see those tickers too!!!

Christmas season at GF and Poly??? Holy Cats that sounds good!! Start talking lady!
We are looking very forward to it!! I hope it all works out. Still have to get airfare, which scares me to death with the prices lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
OMG!!! Look at those tickers! My favorite resort...the GF! I am so excited that you will be trying it. And the Poly too?! I know how much you love it there. Congrats!

I have been researching the Poly over the past few days...I know we are going to love it!
Well now we can help each other out -- you can give me GF advice and I can give you Poly advice!! I just know you are going to love the Poly!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #225
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I'm home today too - and like Jo, I don't want to be forced into spending money. Although I really do need some new shorts...

Oh Shelly..... where are you?

I wonder if maybe since you booked bounce back you actually upgraded to APs while you were there??

Oh the GF at Christmastime - Color me jealous! And with friends? WAY COOL!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: