Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #166
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continuing our way around World Showcase, we made our way towards Norway...

Unfortunately when we got to Maelstrom there was a 20 minute wait. After seeing the size of the crowds the night before and so far today we decided we better just get in line and go for it. DS10 hasn't rode Maelstrom for several years. He said he didn't like it when it went backwards the last time he rode it. Before we left for this trip he said he was probably going to give it another try. Well, today was not the day.

So DS13 and I got in line. Beside 2 very loud gentlemen. They yapped as loud as they could non-stop through the entire 20+ minute wait. IDK if they couldn't hear each other because of all the people in there or what. Something made them feel like they needed to shout. I could certainly hear them. I don't know if it was lack of sleep or the unexpected intense heat that day, but I was about to lose it on them!! DS was laughing, but a little afraid at the same time.

There is still a construction wall blocking off that area to the left. Not sure what is going on. I'm pretty sure it was up last summer.

We enjoyed our ride on Maelstrom very much! And when we got off DS13 had to tell DS10 just how much fun it was and how he should ride it. And that made DS10 mad and a fight ensued. Good grief. I think the heat was getting to them as well.

It was hot & crowded and DH and I were ready to go back to the resort and the boys wanted to get to Japan, so we quickly made our way through WS.

Of course no trip through WS is complete without stopping for some very expensive, but very yummy treats in Germany!

Continuing our journey around the World....

Continued in next post.....

Old 05-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #167
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I love how DS10 is smiling so sweetly in front of the German Caramel candy counter! Makes me smile looking at it too!! that is the BEST stuff around there isn't,it!!!?
Sorry you got stuck with the holler-ers in Norway! We had an older man at a rest. here yelling into his phone like that yesterday.Entire conversation. As he strolled back and forth from one side of the little place to the other,..I guess they are all partially deaf and don't realize how LOUD they talk...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #168
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

And we finally made our way to Japan! DS13 wanted to look for some Legend of Zelda books here and he found plenty of them!

After a bit of time in there we were all ready to head back to the BC and check things out since we really hadn't spent much time there yet. We also wanted to check out that famous SAB pool!

We exited the park through the International Gateway and could see that the big section back there was blocked off again for buses. Not WDW buses either. I think it was for whatever kind of dance/cheerleading thing that was going on at Epcot.

We made our little journey back to the BC.

Now starting to get a sense for where our room was located within the building, I wondered if maybe cutting in by the quiet pool would be an easier way to get to our room rather than walking the whole way to the lobby entrance. And it was! We walked by the pool and into a door and there was an elevator right there and we took it up to the fourth floor and got off and turned right and our room was right there on the left.

We went back to the room and enjoyed some of our treats from the caramel shop in Germany and then got changed and ready to head to the SAB pool.

Up Next: Our BC Room and Pool time

Old 05-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #169
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

We haven' t done the ride in Norway last two trips, have to put it on my list for next time.

It looked as if Epcot was not too busy, the evening we went into the Karmel Shop it was packed, no time to stand and decide and we intended to go back and never made it back. Reading your TR has me so waiting to get back there.

Are you ever going to spill the beans about your BB trip? I am thinking Dec same time as Jodie and staying at the GF since I know you like to try new resorts.

I want to try GF, I always said that was to be my Christmas Trip resort but DH wants BWI still says GF is too "snooty"

Have great weekend Shelly

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #170
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Loving all your pics of EPCOT !

It really stinks that TT is down .. It must make all the other lines that much longer ! We lucked out and got to ride it during our trip ... knowing it was about to close I felt fortunate to get a few last rides on it. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the refurb though.

Looking forward to your next update !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 05-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #171
wakica
DIS Veteran

Those dance/cheer groups were EVERYWHERE that day!! I heard they had some special time in the park planned that evening and thought that would be ok bc we were going to be out of the park by around 5pm anyway. For most of the day I didn't notice them but in worldshowcase in the afternoon they started popping up all over the place. I think we had most of our touring down before the worst of it hit anyway though.

Looooved the look of your sons face in the caramel shop. LOL priceless

I didn't notice us in any of the pics. I think we headed in there ahead of you though bc we entered WS by Mexico before 11:30. We did backtrack a bit though to get a pic with Duffy around noon sometime but then booted it back to where we left off.

Me dh dd(16)
Old 05-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #172
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Okay first things first...

I had a Disney Dream last night!!! Only it was about you and not me.

I dreamed I opened up your TR and was scrolling thru reading an update and noticed a new ticker in your sig. And I was all excited for you, But for whatever reason I couldn't see the dates at all. And I kept trying to post to the TR saying that the dates weren't coming up and you kept ignoring me.

Sooooooooooooo.... take from that what you will, because in a totally unrelated dream I was searching for gold coins to put in a treasure chest in Luchenbach Texas. I'm not exactly known to have dreams that make one lick of sense.

Now--- this update was so wonderful I don't even know what to say about it. Love the Stave Church pic- (I know what was just for me.)

And the picture of the MM windchime thingy made me smile. IDK why??? It just made me happy.

I can believe the boys were a bit grumpy- that heat and being tired and the crowds just drains everyone and makes them irritable.

I thought it looked crowded in the picture of the France area. Certainly not like what we are accustomed to is it?

So glad you found that entrance to the BC that was a shorter way.

Oooh, and I know what you did next.... you called me on the phone while you ate your yummy treats!

More, please!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #173
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

Really enjoying your trip report. We are going to have to remember to stop for yummy treats in Germany this trip ...

Disney Dream - 1/12/14- 4-night Bahamian
Disney Dream - 9/26/13- 3-night Bahamian
Old 05-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #174
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

great update Shelly!
That entrance near the quiet pool is great! Beats walking the long way.
Every time we go into the Caramel shop I'm never hungry, and I don't want to carry something that's gonna melt.
But those apples always look so delicious!
So funny about Maelstrom- my DS14 doesn't like it
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #175
2kids2luv
Mouseketeer

Joining in too. The topiaries are truly beautiful! I think I found a favorite (Peter Pan) and then I find more I love. Thanks for taking all the great pics! Despite the heat and cheering crowds I hope you had a magical vacation. Can't wait to hear how your boys liked SAB.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #176
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
I love how DS10 is smiling so sweetly in front of the German Caramel candy counter! Makes me smile looking at it too!! that is the BEST stuff around there isn't,it!!!?
Sorry you got stuck with the holler-ers in Norway! We had an older man at a rest. here yelling into his phone like that yesterday.Entire conversation. As he strolled back and forth from one side of the little place to the other,..I guess they are all partially deaf and don't realize how LOUD they talk...
It makes me smile too!! That is some good stuff in there.

I know, people do that all the time on their phones. Especially older people. IDK what was up with these guys, they weren't on the phone and they weren't even that old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
We haven' t done the ride in Norway last two trips, have to put it on my list for next time.

It looked as if Epcot was not too busy, the evening we went into the Karmel Shop it was packed, no time to stand and decide and we intended to go back and never made it back. Reading your TR has me so waiting to get back there.

Are you ever going to spill the beans about your BB trip? I am thinking Dec same time as Jodie and staying at the GF since I know you like to try new resorts.

I want to try GF, I always said that was to be my Christmas Trip resort but DH wants BWI still says GF is too "snooty"

Have great weekend Shelly
Maelstrom is a lot of fun. More fun when you don't have to wait in line, but we had fun anyway!

Epcot was pretty busy that day, luckily there weren't too many people in the caramel shop when we went in there. I've seen it really crowded in there before. We were lucky, there were only a few people in line in front of us this time.

Well, IDK if I am ready to spill the BB beans quite yet!! Nothing is set in stone.....but I will let you know very soon.

We would try the GF sometime though. IDK if we will love it or not. But a lot of times I think we will love a place and we don't (CSR, BC) and other times I don't know if we will love a place and we do (POR, BWI). And sometimes I just know -- CBR and the Poly. I know we love visiting the GF and spending time there and we've never found it to be snooty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Loving all your pics of EPCOT !

It really stinks that TT is down .. It must make all the other lines that much longer ! We lucked out and got to ride it during our trip ... knowing it was about to close I felt fortunate to get a few last rides on it. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the refurb though.

Looking forward to your next update !

Thank you!

It does stink that TT is down for so long. I'm glad you got to ride it one last time. You were lucky!! I'm very curious about the refurb too....
Old 05-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #177
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
Those dance/cheer groups were EVERYWHERE that day!! I heard they had some special time in the park planned that evening and thought that would be ok bc we were going to be out of the park by around 5pm anyway. For most of the day I didn't notice them but in worldshowcase in the afternoon they started popping up all over the place. I think we had most of our touring down before the worst of it hit anyway though.

Looooved the look of your sons face in the caramel shop. LOL priceless

I didn't notice us in any of the pics. I think we headed in there ahead of you though bc we entered WS by Mexico before 11:30. We did backtrack a bit though to get a pic with Duffy around noon sometime but then booted it back to where we left off.
I know, I was so glad when the weekend was over and they cleared out of there!!!

Yeah, you were probably ahead of us in WS since we had left for breakfast and then were on Soarin. I still bet we crossed paths a few times that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Okay first things first...

I had a Disney Dream last night!!! Only it was about you and not me.

I dreamed I opened up your TR and was scrolling thru reading an update and noticed a new ticker in your sig. And I was all excited for you, But for whatever reason I couldn't see the dates at all. And I kept trying to post to the TR saying that the dates weren't coming up and you kept ignoring me.

Sooooooooooooo.... take from that what you will, because in a totally unrelated dream I was searching for gold coins to put in a treasure chest in Luchenbach Texas. I'm not exactly known to have dreams that make one lick of sense.

Now--- this update was so wonderful I don't even know what to say about it. Love the Stave Church pic- (I know what was just for me.)

And the picture of the MM windchime thingy made me smile. IDK why??? It just made me happy.

I can believe the boys were a bit grumpy- that heat and being tired and the crowds just drains everyone and makes them irritable.

I thought it looked crowded in the picture of the France area. Certainly not like what we are accustomed to is it?

So glad you found that entrance to the BC that was a shorter way.

Oooh, and I know what you did next.... you called me on the phone while you ate your yummy treats!

More, please!

Oh you and your dreams. Well, no ticker. BUT I'm thinking about getting one soon......and I promise you will be able to see it!!

Yes, of course Stave Church was just for you. I think I sent you a text of it that day too didn't I? If not, I meant to.

Those MM windchimes were so awesome. And so expensive. I wanted one, but I got a Sheltie one for Christmas that I don't even have hung yet!

Yes, the heat & crowds were making us all pretty irritable. I think that was our fastsest trip through WS over.

Now that I think about it, I think I did talk to you that day when I was eating my choc & caramel strawberry on my sticky balcony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkFans View Post
Really enjoying your trip report. We are going to have to remember to stop for yummy treats in Germany this trip ...

Glad you are enjoying! Yes, you have to stop into the caramel shop next time. Very good stuff in there!
Old 05-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #178
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
great update Shelly!
That entrance near the quiet pool is great! Beats walking the long way.
Every time we go into the Caramel shop I'm never hungry, and I don't want to carry something that's gonna melt.
But those apples always look so delicious!
So funny about Maelstrom- my DS14 doesn't like it

Thank you!

Yep, that entrance by the quiet pool saved a lot of time. We eventually figured out that it was a lot quicker to go out that way when going to the BW too, instead of going out through the lobby and past the YC and that way.

See, I'm always hungry when I go in the caramel shop. So not a good thing!!

Aren't kids funny about rides and things??? My DS13 will ride anything. High, fast, whatever. But then he has to have his arm twisted to ride the HM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kids2luv View Post
Joining in too. The topiaries are truly beautiful! I think I found a favorite (Peter Pan) and then I find more I love. Thanks for taking all the great pics! Despite the heat and cheering crowds I hope you had a magical vacation. Can't wait to hear how your boys liked SAB.

Welcome!!

Yep, the topiaries are pretty amazing. I loved them all! But I think my favorite was the Lady & the Tramp. So cute.

SAB is coming up next!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #179
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #180
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

*Ticker Watch 2012*

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: