Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #151
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Love all the F&G pictures! I really want to see that someday.

So glad you got another ride on Soarin'. I hate it for the folks who don't know about the FP changes though. I know there are going to be some mad visitors over the next year or so.

Love the pics with Donald! That is such a great backdrop. I've been wanting that one for a while. It's on the list for the next trip! I'm so glad your boys haven't reached that "I'm too cool to pose with characters" stage yet! I realy dread that happening to me. DD has already lost some interest in meeting the characters and she's only 8!

I sure hope there's more WS to come!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #152
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Well..I booked without him, then he said, go ahead and add me, I don't think I can miss it!! Now, he's riding the fence again! We find out this week sometime what his schedule is for next year and I guess he will decide for sure then,....I told him we needed a definite answer by around July so we can book airfare!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #153
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Love all the F&G pictures! I really want to see that someday.

So glad you got another ride on Soarin'. I hate it for the folks who don't know about the FP changes though. I know there are going to be some mad visitors over the next year or so.

Love the pics with Donald! That is such a great backdrop. I've been wanting that one for a while. It's on the list for the next trip! I'm so glad your boys haven't reached that "I'm too cool to pose with characters" stage yet! I realy dread that happening to me. DD has already lost some interest in meeting the characters and she's only 8!

I sure hope there's more WS to come!
It is a pretty amazing site to see. But I don't know if I'll ever go in the spring again. So this might have been the last time we will see it!

Yeah, I felt bad for the people who didn't know about the new FP thing. And even worse for the people who didn't know about TT being down. Disney not posting that on their site until that very day they closed was so crappy.

That is a great spot for Donald pics. Sometimes you can even catch it with very little wait, like we did that day.

My kids went through a little phase a couple of years ago when they were 'too cool' for character pics. It broke my heart. But I think they realized when we got back and there were no character pics from the entire trip that was what was not cool. And I think they saw how disappointed I was. Now they just go for it. As long as the line is short that is.

Wait til you see the character pics we got at MK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Well..I booked without him, then he said, go ahead and add me, I don't think I can miss it!! Now, he's riding the fence again! We find out this week sometime what his schedule is for next year and I guess he will decide for sure then,....I told him we needed a definite answer by around July so we can book airfare!

Yeah, it will be alright as long as he decides for sure before you have to buy airfare. I hope he decides to come!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #154
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Good update. In all our trips I do not think I have ever seen Donald only Daisy

I love the toporaries so many beautiful pictures Our last two trips were during F&G so we need a change this time Christmas and then Food & Wine in 2013

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #155
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

I'm admiting my dorky-ness here, but I love Living with the Land. I think we're going to try the behind the seeds tour this year.

Love all the topiary photos! It's amazing what Disney can create.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #156
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Soarin, Kona, Soarin, Epcot - Aahhhh!!! Those topiaries are so cool - when we went in March 2011 I think I took at least one picture of every single one!

I think next trip if we wait to see any characters I want us all to act silly and get fun pictures! I like the Mexico boat ride - it's always nice and cool in there!

I'm working on getting my girls to ride Maelstrom next trip. I think Sarah went on it once with my SIL, but Paige never has. DH also wants us to try Everest, but I'm not too sure that will happen!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #157
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
I'm admiting my dorky-ness here, but I love Living with the Land. I think we're going to try the behind the seeds tour this year.

No, I'm the dorky one....I always buy one of those Mickey Garden plants from the little shop outside of Soarin that comes from the greenhouses. I love those things!!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #158
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Love all of the topiary pictures! We just missed the official start of the F&G Festival this past trip, but they put some of the topiaries up towards the end of our trip, which was a great surprise! We have loved going in May and seeing all of the special topiaries.

By the way, take a look at my new ticker...you have convinced me and I am NOT switching this time! At least for now...

No, really, my girls, DH, and I are so excited to try somewhere new! I showed DD21 some of your Poly pics today, and she thought the Poly was gorgeous! What's not to love?
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
Old 05-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #159
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Good update. In all our trips I do not think I have ever seen Donald only Daisy

I love the toporaries so many beautiful pictures Our last two trips were during F&G so we need a change this time Christmas and then Food & Wine in 2013
I can't believe you've never seen Donald!! We always see him. It took us forever to find Daisy. We never saw her until trip number 4 I think.

It is fun going in all different seasons and experiencing a different feel to WDW each time.

Quote:

I was teasing DH that he should take the Behind the Seeds Tour and then when we were on the ride we saw them giving one and all the people were about 70. The kids and I had a good laugh at DH's expense!!

Those topiaries are amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Soarin, Kona, Soarin, Epcot - Aahhhh!!! Those topiaries are so cool - when we went in March 2011 I think I took at least one picture of every single one!

I think next trip if we wait to see any characters I want us all to act silly and get fun pictures! I like the Mexico boat ride - it's always nice and cool in there!

I'm working on getting my girls to ride Maelstrom next trip. I think Sarah went on it once with my SIL, but Paige never has. DH also wants us to try Everest, but I'm not too sure that will happen!
I think I got a pic of almost every one of them between all the days we were in Epcot.

You've got to get the girls on Maelstrom. It's so fun. You'll have to wait and see what happened with DS10 and Maelstrom later in the week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
No, I'm the dorky one....I always buy one of those Mickey Garden plants from the little shop outside of Soarin that comes from the greenhouses. I love those things!!
I've never noticed those. What do they look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Love all of the topiary pictures! We just missed the official start of the F&G Festival this past trip, but they put some of the topiaries up towards the end of our trip, which was a great surprise! We have loved going in May and seeing all of the special topiaries.

By the way, take a look at my new ticker...you have convinced me and I am NOT switching this time! At least for now...

No, really, my girls, DH, and I are so excited to try somewhere new! I showed DD21 some of your Poly pics today, and she thought the Poly was gorgeous! What's not to love?
Thanks!

And Oh My Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You better not change this time. Seriously. Just book it and forget about it. Don't second guess it or rethink it or any of that. You'll be at the Poly at the same time we were there last summer and it was fabulous!!!! I'm so excited for you! And a bit jealous, I wish I had one of those tickers.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #160
lala3291
DIS Veteran

I know, I'm just going to forget about it! I'm so excited I just bit the bullet and finally booked it! I forgot...you were there the exact same week last year that we are going this year! I booked a Kona breakfast, and am thinking of booking another too, since I know we are going to love it!

I've been wanting to stay at the Poly for years, so I can't wait for August! I am probably going to have questions for you, hope you don't mind!
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
Old 05-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #161
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Mickey's Mini Garden is a little plant sealed up in a container and you get instructions for growing it. Mine is doing awesome. There are some different types of plants and I ended up with a kalanchoe. You can see what they look like if you Google Mickey's Mini Garden. I think it's such a cute idea!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #162
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I love the F&G fest. The topiaries are amazing. I think I have a pic of every one too
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #163
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We did the Behind the Seeds year before last and we LOVED it!! You need to do it!!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #164
minnie411
Mouseketeer

Joining in

I am really enjoying your TR. Great pics, especially Kona breakfast. Made me hungry

Old 05-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #165
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
I know, I'm just going to forget about it! I'm so excited I just bit the bullet and finally booked it! I forgot...you were there the exact same week last year that we are going this year! I booked a Kona breakfast, and am thinking of booking another too, since I know we are going to love it!

I've been wanting to stay at the Poly for years, so I can't wait for August! I am probably going to have questions for you, hope you don't mind!
I'm so happy for you finally staying at the Poly!! I think you are going to love it. I would probably book 2 Kona breakfasts too. We had 2 booked last year, but then upgraded to CL so we cancelled one of them.

I'm always up for talking about the Poly, so fire away with any questions you have and I'll try to answer them for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Mickey's Mini Garden is a little plant sealed up in a container and you get instructions for growing it. Mine is doing awesome. There are some different types of plants and I ended up with a kalanchoe. You can see what they look like if you Google Mickey's Mini Garden. I think it's such a cute idea!
Sounds pretty neat, I'll have to google it and check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I love the F&G fest. The topiaries are amazing. I think I have a pic of every one too
I forgot you were there right before us (again!) and you got to see all the beautiful topiaries too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie411 View Post
I am really enjoying your TR. Great pics, especially Kona breakfast. Made me hungry
Welcome! So glad you are enjoying the TR & pics!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: