Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #136
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Kona looks really yummy! Those pancakes were huge. I can't believe we've never eaten there. And it may be a while before I get back

I'm applying for a couple of positions this week- send me some pixie dust, ok? I really need it or I won't be seeing Disney for a very long time!!

I can't wait to hear about the Celebration meal. Our friends said that restaurant was great!!
Kona is very yummy! You need to give it a try!

Good luck with the jobs! I hope something works out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Your breakfast at Kona's looked yummy as usual, it is on my list of possibles for our Christmas trip. I am thinking of maybe doing a breakfast ADR at one of the monorail resorts and then touring all the rest to see the Decorations
That is a good idea to have breakfast at a monorail resort and then tour them all. The GF is particularly beautiful at Christmas. What are your trip dates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Thank you for mentioning the price for your Kona breakfast! We have an ADR there for October and I'm thrilled to know it's reasonably priced! We're not doing DDP this time and expect to pay with our Disney Visa rewards and/or gift cards.

The food looks so good! Is the Tonga Toast really sweet? I think I'd like it, but it's between that and the macadamia pancakes (or whatever it's called).

I have very little tolerance for kids being rude and disruptive. It's the parents. I'm only so patient and then I'm speaking up. I suppose the "safer" thing is to ask a CM to deal with it. I'm glad someone there was on top of it before long.
Kona is one of best deals at WDW!! They must have raised the price a bit recently because last year out bill was $40, this year it was $45 and we ordered the same exact food! Still not bad though.

I don't think the Tonga Toast is too sweet. But I'm sure some people might. I think it's just right!

I was so glad the CM said something to that kid. I'm not even sure what she said, but it worked!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
I sure do love some Kona Cafe! Your food all looks yummy! I hope the rest of this day went much smoother than your previous night!
Kona is awesome! Thankfully the day went pretty smoothly.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #137
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

The view from that Poly pool is just breathtaking! Lying by the pool and seeing the castle in the background, ahhh...
I wish my kids liked breakfast foods so that we could eat a yummy breakfast like that. My youngest won't even eat scrambled eggs. Drives me crazy sometimes.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #138
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
The view from that Poly pool is just breathtaking! Lying by the pool and seeing the castle in the background, ahhh...
I wish my kids liked breakfast foods so that we could eat a yummy breakfast like that. My youngest won't even eat scrambled eggs. Drives me crazy sometimes.

It is so awesome being at the Poly pool! Can't wait to stay there again someday!!

DS13 actually prefers breakfast foods. He loves pancakes, eggs and french toast. DS10 on the other hand will not touch eggs and the only breakfast food he likes (besides cereal) is french toast. And tonga toast of course!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #139
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

We are going Nov 28 thru Dec 3. The only thing that will not be up I think is the Big Tree in MK.

I am very excited to see CP, Osborne Lights and MVMCP.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #140
mari360
MiSka MoUSka MiCKeY MoUsE !!!!!!

LOVING the TR so far. I love how i feel like i'm right there with you guys.....

Old 05-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #141
wakica
DIS Veteran

OH MY GOSH!!!!! You TOTALLY had to have walked by me at Soarin!!!!! We got into the park before 9am - just a few minutes before and walked over to Soarin. I went to get FP's and DD and DH went on the ride. I headed back out to sit and wait for them! I can't remember exactly what time it was when they came out and we took off for Sum of All Thrills but you had to either walk by me to get into the place or we were walking away while you were walking in!!!!! I was the lonely lady sitting on the cement sitting area by the entrance - near the CM outside the Soarin building. Did you see me??? LOL That's crazy close in timing!!!

Can't wait to hear the rest of your Epcot Day to see if our paths may have crossed again

Me dh dd(16)
Old 05-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #142
wakica
DIS Veteran

oh man, I just went back and looked at your pics again and that last picture of coming into the land area with the cast member under the blue umbrella! If that photo had gone over to the right a bit more we may have possibly seen me sitting there!!!!

I'm recalling a family of 4 now - it's a bit fuzzy but one boy was near the mom and one boy was near the dad. Maybe it was you guys. I seem to recall one pair being ahead of the other pair - possibly bc someone stopped to take the pic?? I dunno - ring a bell?? I watched all sorts of people walk into that area. It takes awhile to go through that ride so I had time to do some people watching. lol

Me dh dd(16)
Old 05-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #143
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
We are going Nov 28 thru Dec 3. The only thing that will not be up I think is the Big Tree in MK.

I am very excited to see CP, Osborne Lights and MVMCP.
That will be a fun time!! You are going to love the Osborne Lights & MVMCP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari360 View Post
LOVING the TR so far. I love how i feel like i'm right there with you guys.....
Glad you are enjoying the TR Mari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
OH MY GOSH!!!!! You TOTALLY had to have walked by me at Soarin!!!!! We got into the park before 9am - just a few minutes before and walked over to Soarin. I went to get FP's and DD and DH went on the ride. I headed back out to sit and wait for them! I can't remember exactly what time it was when they came out and we took off for Sum of All Thrills but you had to either walk by me to get into the place or we were walking away while you were walking in!!!!! I was the lonely lady sitting on the cement sitting area by the entrance - near the CM outside the Soarin building. Did you see me??? LOL That's crazy close in timing!!!

Can't wait to hear the rest of your Epcot Day to see if our paths may have crossed again
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
oh man, I just went back and looked at your pics again and that last picture of coming into the land area with the cast member under the blue umbrella! If that photo had gone over to the right a bit more we may have possibly seen me sitting there!!!!

I'm recalling a family of 4 now - it's a bit fuzzy but one boy was near the mom and one boy was near the dad. Maybe it was you guys. I seem to recall one pair being ahead of the other pair - possibly bc someone stopped to take the pic?? I dunno - ring a bell?? I watched all sorts of people walk into that area. It takes awhile to go through that ride so I had time to do some people watching. lol

Oh wow that is so funny!!! I bet we walked right by you. I don't remember seeing anyone sitting there, but I probably wasn't paying attention. We are usually walking 2 and 2, and 90% of the time I am the one taking the pics. You just might have seen us.

You'll have to look in all my other pics from the day and tell me if you see yourself! It's happened before. One time I posted pics of dinner at 1900 PF and a DISer reading my report saw her DD in my pic!!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #144
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

When I left off we had just made our way from the Poly to the TTC.

We got on the Epcot monorail and were zipping over to Epcot in no time! The monorail made its loop through Epcot before stopping and it was sad to look over and see a closed up TT with a big old garbage dumpster behind the construction wall.

The line at security was long and we could tell already that it was going to be another busy day at Epcot. The Flower & Garden Festival was in full swing and everything sure looked beautiful.

We quickly made our way to the Land to use our Soarin FP's. When we got there the wait time was 90 minutes and the FP return time was something like 5:30pm already. We knew we would be at dinner then so we didn't bother to get anymore. From the looks of the crowds we were pretty happy with being able to ride it twice that day! The CM thoroughly checked each of our fastpasses and said – okay go ahead. Then we heard the people behind us being turned away. The CM said – um actually these fastpasses are expired. We didn't stick around to see how that turned out!

After another flight over the beautiful state of Cali we went over to Living with the Land. The wait time said 20 minutes. The line didn't look that long though so we got in. Although it was weird to see a line there period, since that's not usually the case. Another sign that there were a ton of people in Epcot that day.

We probably actually waited about 10-15 minutes.

Then it was back out to take a look at all those beautiful topiaries we had seen the night before in the dark.

Continued in next post.....

Old 05-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #145
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

Everything was so beautiful! Even the kids commented on how amazing the topiaries were.

Next we were off to Mexico! From the looks of the crowds and with TT being down I had started to wonder if there was going to be a wait for the Gran Fiesta Tour and Maelstrom.

There was a little line for the GFT, but it kept moving the whole time, so we really didn't have much of a wait.

When we were done with our boat ride it was super crowded in there and hard to move and look around so we headed out. On our way to Norway we saw Donald with a short wait so we jumped right in line. Donald is the kids' bus driver's favorite character, so they were eager to get some pics for her!!

Up Next: Making our way through World Showcase

Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #146
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hello Shelly! I finally got here!..it only took me 10 pages! I love your TR so far! Hate that the room was a disappointment for you--but guess where we are booked for November?! It is still DHs favorite place! I do adore the proximity to Epcot,...if I am not at the CR walking into the MK, put me here! I have tried to talk him into the POR, with a nice reno'd room--but he does NOT want to be restricted to just bus trans all week, and I have read that with a fam of 5 it gets reeaaaallly tight in there!
I was curious how your arrival day was gonna be with that late flight--I hope we never have to do that!! And I have come to love the GFT so much! Maybe because it's out of the way and we have never had to wait for it! Plus we loved Donald getting into all those hijinks!!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #147
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

What a great start to your day! Soarin followed by Kona followed by Soarin again!!!! It doesn't get better than that! The pics of your Kona breakfast put the bowl of Cheerios I had for breakfast today to shame. I love the pics of the Flower and Garden Festival. Gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Welcome Kim! Hope you can keep up. How are the renovations coming on your house?

It was a tough start. Evening flights stink. But yes, some yummy ice cream was a great way to end that day!!

An evening flight still sounds better than a 2 day car ride though.

Ugh! They're moving slowly. I'm going to be ready for a trip to Disney when all is said and done but by then our bank account will be too drained to afford it!

Old 05-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #148
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Love to wake up to pictures of Epcot.

I can't beleive the dang crowds you were encountering on this vacation! I have never seen a line at Living with the Land. I take that back. I did the day after Christmas but I don't count that time-- there were lines just to breathe I think.
I sure hope it isn't crowded for my trip in mid December. If it is.... well, IDK what I'll do. Cry perhaps!

The topiaries look beautiful in the pics- I bet they were stunning IRL. They must have been gorgeous if the boys noticed.

Love the pics of them with Donald. The duck looked like he was busting a move there.

Gran Fiesta---- IDK why but I love that ride. LOVE it. Weird.

Great update- can't wait to see more!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #149
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

My girls love the living with the land ride. They call it the vegetable rideIt is one of their favorites.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #150
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Hello Shelly! I finally got here!..it only took me 10 pages! I love your TR so far! Hate that the room was a disappointment for you--but guess where we are booked for November?! It is still DHs favorite place! I do adore the proximity to Epcot,...if I am not at the CR walking into the MK, put me here! I have tried to talk him into the POR, with a nice reno'd room--but he does NOT want to be restricted to just bus trans all week, and I have read that with a fam of 5 it gets reeaaaallly tight in there!
I was curious how your arrival day was gonna be with that late flight--I hope we never have to do that!! And I have come to love the GFT so much! Maybe because it's out of the way and we have never had to wait for it! Plus we loved Donald getting into all those hijinks!!
Welcome Shawna! I was wondering when you were going to make it!!

Yep, the BC was a huge disappointment for us. But it's okay, everyone has their likes & dislikes. So happy for you booking it for November. I wish you could try POR, but you really would be crowded with 5. I take it your oldest decided to come along then?

Don't ever take an evening flight if you can avoid it. It stinks!!

We love the GFT too! I even like it better than IASW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
What a great start to your day! Soarin followed by Kona followed by Soarin again!!!! It doesn't get better than that! The pics of your Kona breakfast put the bowl of Cheerios I had for breakfast today to shame. I love the pics of the Flower and Garden Festival. Gorgeous!

An evening flight still sounds better than a 2 day car ride though.

Ugh! They're moving slowly. I'm going to be ready for a trip to Disney when all is said and done but by then our bank account will be too drained to afford it!
Yes, Soarin - Kona - Soarin. I wish every morning could start like that!

I guess you are right -- any flight is better than driving from clear up here!

Sorry your renovations are moving slower than anticipated. But it will all be worth it in the end!! I know what you mean about the bank account though. As I sit here looking at my ugly old kitchen appliances that I want to replace so badly, but don't want to give up Disney to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

Love to wake up to pictures of Epcot.

I can't beleive the dang crowds you were encountering on this vacation! I have never seen a line at Living with the Land. I take that back. I did the day after Christmas but I don't count that time-- there were lines just to breathe I think.
I sure hope it isn't crowded for my trip in mid December. If it is.... well, IDK what I'll do. Cry perhaps!

The topiaries look beautiful in the pics- I bet they were stunning IRL. They must have been gorgeous if the boys noticed.

Love the pics of them with Donald. The duck looked like he was busting a move there.

Gran Fiesta---- IDK why but I love that ride. LOVE it. Weird.

Great update- can't wait to see more!!!

Good morning! I had a feeling you might like this update!

It sure was crowded on the weekends on this trip. Crazy busy compared to what we are used to. I sure hope your mid December trip isn't crowded!! That's supposed to be the slowest week of the month, supposedly. Guess you will find out!

The topiaries were fabulous. Yes it takes a lot for my kids to notice stuff, so that tells you how awesome it was!

Well we got a 'fresh' Donald! Just as we were second in line Donald had to go "take a break & get some nachos". He was quite chipper when he got back!

The GFT is fun & relaxing! I love it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
My girls love the living with the land ride. They call it the vegetable rideIt is one of their favorites.
The vegetable ride! That's actually a pretty good name for it!!

My kids aren't thrilled by it. DS13 especially has to moan and groan about how boring it is. DH really enjoys it though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: