Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #91
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Oh I think your room was awesome! Too bad about the balcony but bonus on the king bed!! Plus, without a second bed, the room seems bigger, no? Was it a handicap accessible room? The only times we've gotten (after requesting) king bed rooms, they've both been accessible.

And OMG about Brandon forgetting his AP!! What were you thinking leaving that up to him to be responsible for?! I take care of all that stuff. I practically pack Tom's suitcase for him! But for sure the paperwork and everything has to be in my control.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #92
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Every night for weeks before a trip I always think to myself, wow, wouldn't it be bad if I over slept and didn't get to the airport on time? This is weeks before I even go! So sad. Thank goodness for Brandon's alarm

How lovely it must have been to just walk to Epcot. What a dream! Hoping to stay at a monorail resort or an Epcot resort next year!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #93
Merida
DIS Veteran

Subbing in!

I think your room at the Beach Club looks great - we always try to get king bed rooms on vacation, though. Something about going from a full shared by 2 people, 2 full grown cats, and any number of kittens to all that space just screams vacation.

That little bench thing doesn't look comfortable at all! It needs a back cushion or something.

International Gateway is so nice and relaxing and such a great perk for the Epcot resorts - even if it doesn't have a geodesic ball.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #94
Dugette
DIS Veteran

I'm normally not too alarm-paranoid, but for those rare super-early-and-important mornings like that, I'd probably have at least 3 alarms set. Glad one of them worked to get you up!

I can't believe Brandon didn't think he needed his AP! Perhaps this confuses me as I have a husband who is on the DIS (not often) and plans as much as I do. Glad he got his AP replaced without any trouble and that you didn't have to turn around to go back for it.

I'd be excited to spot my luggage too! Of course, I have luggage that looks like all the other luggage, so that will probably never happen.

I love how early you are able to get to WDW...in time to check in and go to lunch in a park. Love it!

I was going to agree with the other posters who said that your BC room was nice for a couple, but I see that you are saying it was only a Queen bed. That's just weird! Honestly, I probably would have gone back to the desk immediately and requested something else. We have a King at home and, especially if there's only one bed in the room, would want a King on vacation too. I do agree that the extra space is nice and the room looks nice. However, the daybed doesn't look comfy for lounging and the balcony is sad...good thing you had plenty of other things to do besides hanging out in the room, I guess!

Looking forward to hearing about this visit to Le Cellier!
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 05-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #95
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Forgot to say, I'm in the DIS Friends fan club too, so I approve of your chapter naming system! We actually bought the whole series on DVD when we got a good deal a few months back. We haven't been watching them lately, though, so we'll have to get back on that. Great show, though. If only they had done an episode or two at WDW...how cool would that be?
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 05-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #96
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Sounds like an exciting first day so far!

That "one bed" is a big 'ole king size bed---You were on an anniversary trip, right?
It was a great beginning to a trip-our room being ready, going to Epcot for lunch, blue skies-can't ask for much more!

It wasn't a king size bed!! Isn't that weird? That would have made sense, but it was just a regular old queen bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I can sense your emotion and I am so happy your arrival to WDW was pretty much flawless. Well, except for Brandon and his missing AP.

I have to admit that there is NO WAY I could get up at 2:30am for a flight. I would end up staying up all night and that's why I can't do the early morning flight. So for you!

That plane was so cute! So funny your luggage was on top. Beautiful take off shot.

I noticed those balconies when I stayed at the BCV and I wondered why anyone would want that? I didn't know those balconies even existed until I stayed there. I do like the room and the king size bed. I hope you settled into that rather quickly. Take advantage of the now while you can. Once you start taking kids to Disney world you'll never have a king again!
I was really happy to finally be in Disney! It was so nice to be there and not have it be raining for once!

I've stayed up all night a couple of times when we've had early flights, but I try not to, because the second I get to Florida, I'm ready to sleep! I can at least get a couple hours in now!

I don't know why they did the Beach Club with those little balconies, I feel like if you are paying for a deluxe resort, you should get a balcony, no question! Haha, the bed was a queen bed! I would have been thrilled with a king size bed, but no, just a regular one! That's why I thought the room was a bit odd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I'm here! I'm here! I am so excited to hear all about your trip! Great start so far!!!

I am the same way with alarms. I check them, and check them, and then check them again every night. I'm always so paranoid, too! I'm sorry you didn't get exactly the room you had hoped for at the BC. We had one of those teeny balconies too, and I was really hoping for a full sized, but it ended up not being too important. I agree, entering Epcot through the IG is amazing! It's a completely different park entry experience. Can't wait to hear about lunch at Le Cellier!
Yay so glad you're here!!

Those tiny balconies are so weird, I wonder if anyone is ever ok with getting one? I love the Epcot resorts, and getting to use the IG! I wish I could stay over there on every trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
I'm here! Sorry you were disappointed with your room at the BC. I wonder if you had gone back to the front desk and asked for a different room if they would have gotten you one? I think for a couple I'd rather have the one bed and more space, but I can understand why you would be disappointed, especially with the Juliet balcony.

Looking forward to more posts!!!
Welcome, glad you're here!

I wasn't exactly disappointed, I was just a little caught off guard, I guess! It's still a nice room, it's the Beach Club, so of course it's beautiful! I should have just asked if we had a full balcony at check in, but I was so excited, I forgot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I'm here! A little late, but still here now! Can't wait to read all about it!
Woo hoo, glad you're here!!!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #97
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Oh I think your room was awesome! Too bad about the balcony but bonus on the king bed!! Plus, without a second bed, the room seems bigger, no? Was it a handicap accessible room? The only times we've gotten (after requesting) king bed rooms, they've both been accessible.

And OMG about Brandon forgetting his AP!! What were you thinking leaving that up to him to be responsible for?! I take care of all that stuff. I practically pack Tom's suitcase for him! But for sure the paperwork and everything has to be in my control.
It was a nice room, but I guess I was kind of hoping for a room like the one we had on our Disneymoon! I would have loved a king bed, but it wasn't, it was just a queen! It did seem bigger, but it seemed empty to me, I just felt weird in it!

Haha, I don't know, I can't believe I didn't ask Brandon if he had his AP with him! I have all of the paperwork, but I thought he could handle his AP, I guess not! I assumed he had it in his wallet, he told me he keeps it there all the time, so I just figured he had it! At least I'll know for next time, if we end up renewing them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
Every night for weeks before a trip I always think to myself, wow, wouldn't it be bad if I over slept and didn't get to the airport on time? This is weeks before I even go! So sad. Thank goodness for Brandon's alarm

How lovely it must have been to just walk to Epcot. What a dream! Hoping to stay at a monorail resort or an Epcot resort next year!
I think about that too, that would be the worst thing ever, sleeping in and missing a flight! Especially to DISNEY! I'm glad Brandon's alarm went off and we made it to the airport on time!

It was amazing to walk to Epcot, I loved it! I'd love to stay at a monorail resort someday, I really need to stay at the Poly soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Subbing in!

I think your room at the Beach Club looks great - we always try to get king bed rooms on vacation, though. Something about going from a full shared by 2 people, 2 full grown cats, and any number of kittens to all that space just screams vacation.

That little bench thing doesn't look comfortable at all! It needs a back cushion or something.

International Gateway is so nice and relaxing and such a great perk for the Epcot resorts - even if it doesn't have a geodesic ball.
Yay, glad you're here!

Haha, well, if it was a king bed that would have been fine, but it was a queen! I like having 2 beds, because if Brandon is snoring too loud, I kick him out and make him sleep in the 2nd bed, away from me! It's bad enough that I have to sleep with earplugs in, but if he's in my face snoring, forget it, I can't sleep!

The IG was such a nice way to enter Epcot, I loved walking in and seeing the France pavilion! I did miss the ball, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
I'm normally not too alarm-paranoid, but for those rare super-early-and-important mornings like that, I'd probably have at least 3 alarms set. Glad one of them worked to get you up!

I can't believe Brandon didn't think he needed his AP! Perhaps this confuses me as I have a husband who is on the DIS (not often) and plans as much as I do. Glad he got his AP replaced without any trouble and that you didn't have to turn around to go back for it.

I'd be excited to spot my luggage too! Of course, I have luggage that looks like all the other luggage, so that will probably never happen.

I love how early you are able to get to WDW...in time to check in and go to lunch in a park. Love it!

I was going to agree with the other posters who said that your BC room was nice for a couple, but I see that you are saying it was only a Queen bed. That's just weird! Honestly, I probably would have gone back to the desk immediately and requested something else. We have a King at home and, especially if there's only one bed in the room, would want a King on vacation too. I do agree that the extra space is nice and the room looks nice. However, the daybed doesn't look comfy for lounging and the balcony is sad...good thing you had plenty of other things to do besides hanging out in the room, I guess!

Looking forward to hearing about this visit to Le Cellier!
I'm glad out of our 3 alarms, at least once got us up!

I don't know what Brandon was thinking with the AP, he just assumed it was expired! I'm sure he doesn't even remember that I got them in October last year!

I love getting to Florida early so we can go right to a park and get the day going! I was nervous about the early Le Cellier ADR, but it worked out!

Yeah, it was only a queen bed! Weird, right? I didn't even know they had rooms like that, but I guess maybe they think couples don't need a second bed? Don't they realize people snore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Forgot to say, I'm in the DIS Friends fan club too, so I approve of your chapter naming system! We actually bought the whole series on DVD when we got a good deal a few months back. We haven't been watching them lately, though, so we'll have to get back on that. Great show, though. If only they had done an episode or two at WDW...how cool would that be?
Haha, thanks, I love Friends! I have all of them on DVD, but I don't need to watch them, thanks to TBS having Friends on like 50 times a day! I would love a Friends episode at WDW, that would have been amazing!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #98
wakica
DIS Veteran

YAY for 1st day in the park I sooo wish we could be in the parks our first day of our trip but it's a stretch to get in one the 2nd day. LOL. By the time we travel alll day and then don't get into our condo til late we are lucky if we have groceries to live off before I'm pushing us into the park before rope drop the next day. lol. Oh well, that's why we make our trips so long so I can't really complain.

Sorry about the room requests not working out Hope it ended up being wonderful anyway.

Can't wait to read more

Me dh dd(16)
Old 05-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #99
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
YAY for 1st day in the park I sooo wish we could be in the parks our first day of our trip but it's a stretch to get in one the 2nd day. LOL. By the time we travel alll day and then don't get into our condo til late we are lucky if we have groceries to live off before I'm pushing us into the park before rope drop the next day. lol. Oh well, that's why we make our trips so long so I can't really complain.

Sorry about the room requests not working out Hope it ended up being wonderful anyway.

Can't wait to read more
I love going into the parks on our first day, but I can see how that might be tough when you have a long travel day! We're lucky, it's only a little over 2 hours to fly to Florida!

That's ok, we still had a great time at the Beach Club, it's so beautiful there! Getting ready to do my 2nd update!

Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #100
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

The One Where we eat in the Best Restaurant in the Entire World!!

May 5, Part 2

That's right everyone, Brandon and I are about to eat at

LE CELLIER!!!

I'm most of you know by now how much we LOVE this place! I don't really understand anyone who compares it to the Outback or another steak restaurant chain, because to me, it's perfection. There is never a time that you eat at Le Cellier and think "eh, that was ok." You always leave saying "THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!" If I could eat there every day of a Disney trip, I would. And probably every day of my life.

We checked in a little early, so we had some time to walk around and look at the gardens, and they were absolutely beautiful! They always are, but they seemed extra colorful for the Flower and Garden festival!

Pretty, right?

Unfortunately, it was ridiculously hot already, and I could only stay outside for so long, so we went inside to wait. We had an 11:30 ADR so we got to see the waitstaff officially open the restaurant by singing "O Canada", which, as I mentioned in my October TR, Brandon loves because he's a big hockey fan.

We were seated right away, in a corner table that seemed a little secluded, and I grabbed my camera really quick to get a picture of the almost empty restaurant:

(Don't the servers look like ghosts in that picture?)

Brandon and I are not adventurous when it comes to Le Cellier. Once in a while we will get something different off the menu, or try a new dessert, but I mean, really. You go to Le Cellier for pretzel bread, cheddar cheese soup, mushroom filet, and chocolate "moose". Which is exactly what I got!

(Is it me or are they giving less and less cheddar cheese soup?)

YUM, Mushroom filet with cream cheese mashed potatoes!

Chocolate Moose!!!

I don't have pictures of Brandon's food, but he got the same as me, except he got the risotto with his filet instead of substituting it with cream cheese mashed potatoes (which I think is insanity, but whatever!) and he got a different dessert. I was far too interested in my food to take pics of his! That's kind of a theme throughout my TR's, if you haven't noticed!

Once again, Le Cellier was amazing, and I'm SO happy I was able to get a last minute arrival day ADR there! It's such a great way to start a trip, eating at your favorite place!

We left the World Showcase and went over to Future World to check out the Soarin' wait times and hopefully get a FP for later that night. We walked through the little walkway that leads you from WS to Future World, and brings you right to:

BUTTERFLIES!

Yes, right near the end of the walkway is right where the butterfly house was located, and I was already starting to get a little nervous walking towards it...I could already see escapees fluttering around, fangs out, just waiting to attack...

(Yes, I'm terrified of butterflies. They are FRIGHTENING. I can't help it, I know it's weird, but I just don't like their unpredictable fluttering patterns. If they could just fly from flower to flower in a nice, calm pattern and stay away from me, I'd like them just fine, but it seems like they can sense my fear and they always come right for me. I repeat. FRIGHTENING!)

(And I'm kidding about the fangs, obviously, but if you saw how I act around butterflies, you would think they had fangs!)

Of course, Brandon decides he wants to go in. Since there was no way that I was going anywhere near that house, I found a nice tree near Journey Into Imagination that had a speaker right next to it playing the Innoventions music loop. I was content, I could have stayed there all night, far away from the killer butterflies and listening to some of my favorite Epcot music!

Brandon found me after being in the butterfly house for a little while, and told me how nice it was, and how people were so happy in the house, holding butterflies, letting butterflies land on them, and actually tried to convince me to go in...just thinking about it makes me shudder. The only thing that might make that house worse for me is if it was full of bees.

Thankfully, we reached a nice, safe place, free of butterflies, The Land! Which was more crowded than I've ever seen it! They actually had ropes up so you couldn't go to the left, they made you walk to the right, go down the escalator, cross through Sunshine Season, and then get to Soarin'! The standby time was way too long, but we were able to grab some FP's for 7:20 that night, which was perfect!

We left Soarin' and we were getting kind of tired and really hot, and I could tell Brandon was ready to go back to the Beach Club and shower and rest and everything.

I asked Brandon if he wanted to leave, and he said he didn't care, so I suggested we do one attraction and then go back to the Beach Club. He was fine with that, so I had to decide what to do...what should be the first attraction of our trip? I really wanted to do Maelstrom, but I didn't feel like walking all the way over there.

"I know! Spaceship Earth!"

"No way, I'm not going on that right after we just finished eating."

"Uh, not Mission Space. Spaceship Earth. The ball."

He always confuses those two! He agreed to go on SE, so we walked over there and there was a huge line, but it said the wait was only 15 minutes!

Brandon started complaining that there was no way it was only 15 minutes, and I said it's probably shorter, because even though the line looks long, it's constantly moving. He grumbled a little to himself, but reluctantly got in line with me, and we ended up getting on in 12 minutes!

Yay, first ride of the trip!!!

Spaceship Earth was fun, as always, but for some reason, it's always really hot in that ride. You think you're going to go in and get some nice, refreshing AC, but no. It was nice to be out of the sun, but by the end, I was hot and ready to go back to the Beach Club.

We started the long walk back, and we had to stop in front of the Fountain!

(Inspired by MEK!)

I don't know what it is about the Fountain, but I could spend hours there and be perfectly happy. Especially when the sun is going down, it's just a really happy place right there. In fact, that's how I feel about Epcot in general. I know I've said it before, but I could probably go to Epcot, find a nice place to sit, and spend and entire day there and have a great time. I LOVE it there. I love finding places there to just stop and chill out and really enjoy being there, in Disney World, and not worry about when your next FP time is, or if you have to rush to your next ADR. Those moments don't happen that much on a trip (especially on a short trip like this!) so when they do, I really try to appreciate them!

Up next...Beach Club drama and Cape May Cafe!

Old 05-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #101
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Your table at Le Cellier is the one Ben and I sat at the one time we ate there! I love the gardens in Canada- sooooo pretty.

Glad you were able to escape the terrors of the butterflies!!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #102
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

AHHH This made me even more excited to eat at Le Cellier in July!! I want it NOW! 48 days!

Sorry, but I have to go with Brandon on this one. I love the risotto!

Ugh, I totally agree with you about butterflies...they're creepy!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #103
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Those gardens in Canada are beautiful! That's one of those places where I really need to make it a point to wander around more!

I think you are at the table NEXT TO the one we sat at that night our ADR overlapped with you guys. Your meal looks delicious...I wish I could have that for dinner tonight!

At first, the butterfly fear seemed silly, but your explanation kind-of makes sense to me after what we saw the other day. Not a butterfly, but a GIANT (like, bat-sized) moth flying around randomly, banging into the (outside of) the window above our front door. The whole random flying and banging into things part was what really freaked me out...thank goodness it was outside and I was in!

I never realized Spaceship Earth was so warm inside. I guess we don't go to WDW much when it's real hot out, though.

Love your fancy fountain picture!

Old 05-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #104
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your meal at LC looks great!! I do agree that they're giving less cheesy soup lately, I remember years ago getting practically gallons of it!

I've never heard of anyone being afraid of butterflies before, but that topiary of them looks pretty unassuming! Glad to hear you found nice Imagination music to listen to while Brandon checked out the butterflies.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #105
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Mmm, Le Cellier. I have to get myself there on an upcoming trip....I'm guessing next summer.

Butterflies....I can honestly say that's something I've never heard before. I am terrified of bees though. Like, run the opposite direction terrified.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: