Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #736
2Tiggers
DIS Veteran

Just found your TR and I am enjoying reading it!
Old 09-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #737
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I just read your final thoughts. Sorry I missed them earlier this week. I agree that short trips are difficult. If they go perfect, then they are good. But sometimes (well, most of the time) you just aren't ready to go home. You feel guilty for taking any down time.

Your souvies are all really cool. Love the iphone case. Very cute.

Ok heading over to your PTR now.
That's ok, I kind of rushed through the last couple of updates, I just wanted to finish this up and get on with my PTR! I like short trips, but I just find them very hard to plan! Although, I have twice as much time to work with on my November trip and I'm having a horrible time planning that one too!

Thanks! I love that case! I really need a castle one, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Hey Jen! Another excellent TR! Sad it's over, but of course excited about the new PTR. I'm heading over now!
Hi!! Thank you! I'm glad you're stopping by the PTR, I miss you around here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggers View Post
Just found your TR and I am enjoying reading it!
Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #738
Merida
DIS Veteran

I just finished catching up... in time to get to your PTR! Yay!! On top of things like always...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Haha, you should give the fish and chips another shot, they are actually very good! That's all I ate when I was in England too, unless we went to an American restaurant (we went to TGI Friday's TWICE when we were in London...can you believe that? Sad! ) they are just so good in England!

I can see how eating Italian food might be hard if you don't eat pasta! In a way you're lucky that you don't like it though, I mean, it's not exactly good for you! I'm so used to eating pasta, now that I'm trying to cut it out or replace it with wheat, it's really hard! I'm getting used to it now, but at first it's kind of gross!

We actually do usually start in Adventureland, or Liberty Square. I'm not sure why, it just happens that way! It will be nice when the new Fantasyland opens and everyone rushes over there first thing in the morning!

Le Cellier is really cramped, which annoys me, but I try to get past it because I love eating there so much! But LTT is a good replacement, and staying in MK was fun, you can never go wrong with more MK time!

Actually, I don't have any surprises for this trip yet...the planning has been so frustrating that I haven't even looked at my days or anything, I just made my ADR's in May and that's it. Oh and I switched resorts, which you will hear all about in the PTR! I'm just hoping once I get the PTR going, my plans will fall into place, because right now, they are a mess!
The worst part about not eating pasta is that it's like the go-to cheapy food. Boooo. And I don't eat rice so I'm practically barred from ever becoming vegetarian, etc. oops? At least there's lots of other good things to eat at Disney!

Messy plans are sort of fun (in the beginning) I think, because you have a reason to dedicate lots of time to "research"! I mean, in the last week or so before leaving, it gets kind of boring because all that's left is to wait. And I'm awful at waiting and really good at fixing things (also good at making mistakes that then I need to fix )! I know everything will work out just perfectly

I like your chocolate-and-Sprite shake-thing. Out here we have root beer milk which is the weirdest (and grossest) concoction I have ever had. It is literally just milk and root beer which you would think would be like a root beer float. It is NOT (sorry anyone who likes root beer milk, it is just not my thing).

Thanks to your TR it is now of utmost importance for us to stay at Beach Club and go eat at Liberty Tree. They both look so wonderful!

I love that Tower of Terror shirt. I hope that they're starting to make more unique (well-designed) merch again! 'Disney Parks 2012!!' shirts just aren't that useful in my "normal" life, y'know? But - somehow - I could totally wear some really cool ToT shirt ALL THE TIME.

I'm glad your trip was (overall) a success! We tend to get park ADD too and it is frustrating, always being distracted and not getting everything done. But I think this just means that we need to go for longer trips so there's a better chance that we get everything in.

TO THE PTR!!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #739
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Better late than never, right? I've finally read through the rest of your TR! Great job, as always.

I will have to try the sea salt caramel next month! Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate is my most favoritest drink at Starbucks... it's like drinking a melted Snickers bar. Heaven in a cup, I tell you!

Now going to check out your new PTR!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
Old 10-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #740
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Hey Jen! I really fell off the DIS bandwagon and im behind a few updates! I'm going to catch up on this one tonight do I can be up to date with your PTR! I can't believe you're going again! I'm mega jealous! LOL.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #741
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I know Iím late, super late even, but I finally started reading your TR. I hope you can forgive me for neglecting it for so long. I read several updates and just wrote all my comments down.

Iím kinda OCD about alarms too. I have to check them several times. Also, since my alarm is the radio, I have to check the volume each and every night to make sure itís not too high or too low. Yet despite all that checking, once in a while an alarm will be set for pm instead of am, or the one time I donít check the sound, itís off. Iím glad your OCDness paid off.

Wow, what a colorful plane!!

There is no way in hell I will ever step into a place full of bees. There was one time, after I read a book about facing your fears, that I thought about putting on that spacesuit thingy and going to a place with all the bees, where they make the honey. Then I snapped out of it and said, ďNope!Ē Iím pretty content with living in fear, thank you very much. Butterflies are really pretty, but it is true that their flight pattern can be unnerving. Now birds, though, I donít want flying anywhere near my head.

I think Spaceship Earth is an excellent choice as the first ride of the trip. Too bad the AC was not working well.

Iím glad you spoke up and they were able to find you a new room. With a water view!! Awesome!

Aaaaaah! I just saw your photopass picture with bees on the border. NOT cool! I really have no clue how you guys look in the picture because I just skipped it. I canít even look at bees in pictures. Iím that scared.

Iím sorry Brandon felt sick that first night in Epcot. Thatíll teach him for eating 2 dinners. Epcot will be here all week, buddy. And then he got something else to eat at Earl of Sandwich.

Wow! You saw an alligator! So cool (and yes, a bit scary).

Since I did the drawing class so many times last summer I decided to teach my grade 5 students how to draw some characters as part of our art class. Iím sure they would have flipped if I had had Agent P for them to learn! Oh, and I agree, yours is better. Shhh!

Iím 100% with you, Tower of Terror is the BEST ride ever! I could ride it all day. It makes me giggle for some reason. LOL

ďI take my riding very seriouslyĒ. Oh Brandon, you are hilarious!

Oh man, that must have been scary to feel so hot and cold at the same time! Iím glad you felt better without having to get medical attention.

I would have been sad too if TOT was closed.

I'll be back to read the rest of your TR next time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: