Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #151
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Wow, I'm surprised that Brandon didn't have eight plates this time.

That sucks about the ruckus (your new favorite word). That always stinks when you want to take a snooze and there's nothing but noise around. At least they were very accommodating and moved you.
Haha, he was actually getting up to get a third and then he sat back down and said "I'm gonna use some common sense this time!"

I'm glad they were nice about it and moved us...the one bed and little balcony annoyed me, but I could have dealt with it if the room was quiet, but it was just SO loud! I have enough issues with Brandon snoring in my face, I didn't need more noise to add to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
Yay for the new room! Sometimes the pixie dust is worth the wait (even if you have to go find the darn stuff yourself, haha! )
Haha, so true! The CM's at the Beach Club are so nice, I felt bad asking to move, but I just couldn't deal with that noise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs T 2009 View Post
I'm glad you were able to change rooms! I would have gone crazy with all that noise!!

Your new room is gorgeous!!!! And what an awesome view!!!!!!

I REALLY need to eat at Cape May one day! I LOVE seafood!!!! And your pictures are always yummy looking!!!
Me too! I know you're never going to get a perfectly silent room at Disney, but the noise from those huge metal carts was crazy!

Isn't it such a perfect room? I didn't want to leave!

YES go to Cape May, it's so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I don't know HOW I missed two updates.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed your favorite restaurant at Disney. As you know, we were very unhappy with our meal in September and won't be back for awhile. But you are right...that soup looks a lot smaller.

I'm glad you were able to change your room at the BC and still make it to your dinner only a few minutes late.
Aww, I'm so sad that you had a miserable experience at Le Cellier. Every time we go there, it's perfect! I hope you give it another try again someday! Yeah, that soup is definitely smaller, I have to get the bowl next time!

I'm glad we switched rooms too, our second room was amazing!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #152
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Awesome that you got your dream Beach Club room! So glad there was a ruckus that got you a full balcony (with water view) and a second bed!
I was so happy with that room, it was perfect! I don't know why they didn't just give us that one in the first place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Glad you got to switch rooms, and that it was more to your liking....and quieter, much quieter! You got a great view!
Thanks, me too! It was such a beautiful room! And the view was amazing, I loved looking out over the water and seeing all the other resorts, so pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Aww yay!!!!!! I'm SO glad you guys got the room you had been dreaming of! This one looks MUCH more like the rooms idyllic Beach Club dreams are made of!!

Your meal at CMC sounds great too!
Thanks! It was the perfect Beach Club room, I was so happy with it!

Cape May is really great, it's become like a second Le Cellier to us, we have to go there on every trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hahahaha! I love that crocodile topiary! That's awesome.

Ewww... there are few things more irritating than unexplainable noises when you're trying to sleep!

Oh yes... THAT is a BC room! Ahh so gorgeous! AND OMG YOUR VIEW!!! Water, Boardwalk, AND Dolphin! That's amazing! What a great switch! I'm glad everything worked out so nicely!
Isn't the crocodile topiary so cute? I love the Peter Pan topiaries!

I'm such a light sleeper, I can't deal with noises from outside! I need a black, soundproof room to get a good night's sleep in I guess!

I know, it was such a beautiful room! I can't believe they even have rooms like the first one we had! I mean, I suppose if it was a king bed, that would have made sense, but just a queen bed? It's strange! That view was so beautiful, I loved going out there every morning, just like I did at the WL in October!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #153
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Club Cool is always so insanely crowded! People act like those Coke samples are the elixir of life!

Hahaha the "horrible ruckus" reminded me of the Breakfast Club. "Can you describe the ruckus, sir?"

YAY! I'm glad you got to switch rooms and that you were much happier with the new one!

YUM Cape May Cafe! I will be eating there in 43 days! (Twice in one day, actually!)
Haha, that's so funny about Club Cool, the elixir of life! When we walked in, it was so loud, it sounded like a high school cafeteria or something...then we went to get a drink, and it was like you had to fight your way through just to get a tiny little cup of soda! I can't imagine what that place must be like in the summer!

OMG I totally forgot about that part in the Breakfast Club! And I love that movie!

I'm glad we switched rooms too, it ended up being so perfect!

Yay, Cape May twice in one day! I wish we kept our breakfast ADR there, but we just didn't have time! Maybe I'll try to squeeze it in in November! I can't believe your trip is so close! Mine is still 166 days away! (I guess I can't complain though, I was just there THIS MONTH! It seems like forever ago, already! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Oh my gosh, that room is MUCH better! It stinks that you had to go through the process of switching rooms, but I think the reward was well worth it.

And that view!
I saw that picture and almost wanted to stay at BC! I couldn't imagine waking up to that every morning of your trip.

Glad you had an enjoyable time at Cape May. It's nice that you kept all your plans close together and only had to make the short walk back from Epcot. Can't wait to see how you ended your day!
I was surprised how easy it was to switch rooms, actually! I really thought we would have to wait until the next day, but no, we just went back to our room, packed, and went up to the new room and it was all ready for us! It was nice that we weren't totally unpacked yet, that made it easy!

You should stay at the Beach Club someday, it's so pretty! I want to try the Yacht Club and Boardwalk someday, but I don't know how I'm going to pass up the BC again!

It was so convenient, staying at the Beach Club, eating at Cape May and then walking to Epcot! I wish I could stay in the Epcot area on every trip, if only those resorts weren't so freakin expensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Yeah you got the room you wanted!!!

Cape May sounds right up my alley. I will have to go sometime when I'm not on a trip with my hubby!
I know, isn't it the perfect room!!!

Cape May is great! Why don't you think your husband would like it, does he not like buffets? Because there is seriously something for everyone there!

Old 05-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #154
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I know, isn't it the perfect room!!!

Cape May is great! Why don't you think your husband would like it, does he not like buffets? Because there is seriously something for everyone there!
My hubby is allergic to seafood and the risk of contamination is to great there to risk it. Plus I have more places I want to eat for dinner than I have days as it is!!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #155
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Ohhh, so happy to hear you got to switch to a room you loved! There's nothing worse than when something just plain gets you down on vacation. The room is gorgeous! And then to follow up with a great meal at Cape may. A great day!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #156
MEK
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you got a new room and it really IS perfect! So much better than the first one. I really believe if you don't like a room you just have to ask to move. So glad the "ruckus" was all the prompting you needed!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #157
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Too bad you had to pack quickly and deal with that noise, but YAY for the new wonderful room!!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #158
wakica
DIS Veteran

awe I'm so glad you got to switch rooms and that it was a perfect room!! I agree, it did look goreous, nice balcony and an awesome view

Me dh dd(16)
Old 05-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #159
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I must say, I am scared of butterflies, too! They might not be at the top of my scary bugs list, but I still don't care for them. One flying around far from me is ok, but being swarmed by them in a butterfly house? No thank you! I tried one of those once and hated it! I don't like any bug that can fly and is larger than a fly. I don't care how "pretty" they are!

Ugh - there is nothing more annoying than someone making a bunch of noise when you are trying to sleep! I am so glad you were able to get a new room, and that it ended up being just what you wanted!

Cape May looks so yummy! It has really become a favorite of ours. I love their mashed potatoes, too! They are SO good. We've got an ADR for our October trip, and now I am just more excited to go there!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #160
vyrg
Lilipépite

thank you

I just read your TR "one more waffle" and i discover this one !

Thank you to share your memories !

Sorry for my english i'm french...
Old 05-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #161
solana131
DIS Veteran

Now thats a much better room! And what a great view Cape May looks so good. I was bummed to find out it is going to be closed when we go in July I was all ready to book too. Oh well...next time.

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 05-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #162
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
My hubby is allergic to seafood and the risk of contamination is to great there to risk it. Plus I have more places I want to eat for dinner than I have days as it is!!
Ahh, that makes sense! Well, I hope you get to eat there someday! I know, I have way too many places I want to eat too, and just not enough time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Ohhh, so happy to hear you got to switch to a room you loved! There's nothing worse than when something just plain gets you down on vacation. The room is gorgeous! And then to follow up with a great meal at Cape may. A great day!
I'm happy we switched, I'm sure we still would have had a great trip in that other room, but this new room was so beautiful, I was so happy! Cape May was awesome, as always, love that place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm so glad you got a new room and it really IS perfect! So much better than the first one. I really believe if you don't like a room you just have to ask to move. So glad the "ruckus" was all the prompting you needed!
Isn't it beautiful? I loved it! I'm glad we asked for a new room, we normally wouldn't do that, but there were just too many little things that I didn't like, and then the noise...there was no way I could have listened to that for 5 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
Too bad you had to pack quickly and deal with that noise, but YAY for the new wonderful room!!
Packing and moving so quickly wasn't too bad, since we weren't really settled into the first room yet! I'm so happy we got to move to that room, it was amazing!

Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #163
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
awe I'm so glad you got to switch rooms and that it was a perfect room!! I agree, it did look goreous, nice balcony and an awesome view
I'm glad too! I loved having the full balcony, and the view was amazing! So nice having an unexpected water view!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I must say, I am scared of butterflies, too! They might not be at the top of my scary bugs list, but I still don't care for them. One flying around far from me is ok, but being swarmed by them in a butterfly house? No thank you! I tried one of those once and hated it! I don't like any bug that can fly and is larger than a fly. I don't care how "pretty" they are!

Ugh - there is nothing more annoying than someone making a bunch of noise when you are trying to sleep! I am so glad you were able to get a new room, and that it ended up being just what you wanted!

Cape May looks so yummy! It has really become a favorite of ours. I love their mashed potatoes, too! They are SO good. We've got an ADR for our October trip, and now I am just more excited to go there!
Haha, I'm so glad other people here understand my fear of butterflies, most people think it's so strange! Yeah, I ran through that butterfly house on our Disneymoon and that was enough for me, it's terrifying in there with a million of them fluttering around you!

I hate trying to sleep and almost being asleep and then getting woken up by some awful noise, especially in Disney! I don't know how those people that get up and go out to the parks all day do it, by 2 or 3 in the afternoon, I need a break, and I couldn't deal with a noisy room! So happy we got a nicer, much quieter room!

Isn't Cape May great? I'm surprised it's not more popular, everything there is so yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrg View Post
I just read your TR "one more waffle" and i discover this one !

Thank you to share your memories !

Sorry for my english i'm french...
Thank you for reading, glad you enjoyed it! And your English seems pretty good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Now thats a much better room! And what a great view Cape May looks so good. I was bummed to find out it is going to be closed when we go in July I was all ready to book too. Oh well...next time.
Isn't it! I loved that view, I loved getting up every morning and looking outside at the water, so pretty!

I hope you get to go to Cape May next time, it's so good! I hope they don't change the menu too much with the refurb, it's already so good the way it is!

Old 05-30-2012, 03:42 AM   #164
vyrg
Lilipépite

yacht club

I'm very interesting about your TR because i'm going to Yacht Club next year, August 5-16 , garden view youhou
i really enjoy beeing so close to Epcot ! I want to dine at Chefs de France, my country

I'm very afraid about heat...
Old 05-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #165
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Cape May is so good, I hope it doesn't change too much with the refurbishment!
I've only been there once, but I don't recall thinking, "This place could really use some sprucing up"... so I'm not sure what will be done. I guess we'll see this fall!

P.S. The way you feel about butterflies is the way I feel about birds, LOL! They FREAK. ME. OUT. and I can't stand to be near them!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: