Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Michael is a cutie! Love those big brown eyes!

Can't wait to hear about your room at CBR (never stayed there!)

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 05-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #17
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
First off, I've got to say that Michael is such a cutie pie. You better watch out Mama 'cause the girls are going to be chasing him before you know it.

Woohoo for the flight arriving early and for your room being ready! Looking forward to seeing how you guys liked the pirate rooms.
Aww thank you...he's a big flirt too he like giving out kisses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Michael is a cutie! Love those big brown eyes!

Can't wait to hear about your room at CBR (never stayed there!)
Thank you! Trust me he has learned to use those big brown eyes to his benefit
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #18
BMC423
DIS Veteran

More On Caribbean Beach and A Very Pirate Room!

This was our first time staying at CBR and I had done my research, and was going there with a open mind. Many of the reports I have read say that this resort is big and yes it is HUGE! That being said Disney does make it really easy to navigate. If you haven't been and are looking for some info this is what really stood out to me.

*The Custom House is where you check-in, check-out and wait for your magical express bus. Other than that there is really no reason to visit here again during your stay.

* Old Port Royale is where the food court, gift shop, and TS Restaurant is. The main pool is right out side which is pretty cool.

*From the internet

* There is an internal shuttle that runs about every twenty minutes. They stop at the same stops as the park buses.

* We had no issues with the park buses. Granted sometimes you have to wait a bit longer for some buses especially if you just missed one but thats just how it goes. As far as the bus stops go for pick up in the morning and drop off during the day its: Jamaica, Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, and Trinidad South. It was nice to be the last stop on the pick up route because we had the least travel time. We made up for it on the way back though. We did notice that the route changed when the buses were just doing drop offs it would start the loop at Barbados.

* The walk from Trinidad South to Old Port Royale was not horrible it is about a 10 min. walk with a stroller. It's also a very scenic walk and it goes by very fast.

As far as our room and room location. I called Disney about a week before our room to make some requests. I asked for a room in Bldg 34, in the corner if possible. I was very happy that Disney was able to meet my request. I wanted 34 because on the map it looks a bit closer to old Port Royale. The location was really nice because we later discovered we were close to 2 quiet pools, ours in Trinidad South, and the one in Trinidad North(which we never used, but could have ) The bus stop was also fairly close and easy to get to. We were on the second room, and since there are no elevators that meant taking the stroller up and down a flight, which really was no problem. The room was wonderful!

We were really excited to get inside the room as this was the only reason we decided to book CBR. So I popped in our room key and turned the handle, and the handle did not budge. Hmmm, I tried it again and nothing. I spotted a CM walking down the hall so I told him my room door wasn't opening. He points out a phone by the ice machine and tells me to call the front desk. I did and they say they will issue us new cards and send someone up with them. When I get back from making the call John says "let me try it" so I hand over the keys and like magic the door pops open. So I immediately called the front desk but it's too late someone was already on the way. So while we waited for that person we checked out our room and it did not disappoint.

Welcome to room 3456!

Pirate Beds!
You can see the barrel/nightstand on the corner of the picture.
I did a bed bug check when we first got into the room, and was please to see that not only were there no bed bugs, but that the mattresses were wrapped in those plastic covers (you know the ones to prevent bed bugs)

TV Stand and drawers, those drawers are no very wide but they are very deep.

Barrel with fridge inside, and chest. This chest does not open like a regular chest in fact it has drawers in which we found extra pillows. The nice this about this chest was that we had a place to put our shoes so they were all over the room. Also that shelf that you see has some hooks on the bottom, which was a great place to hang jackets and hats.

Shower Curtain, The shower and the toilet are separated from the sinks by a door, and that whole area is separated from the room by a curtain.

Shower Wall, pretty cool!

Other Room Pictures borrowed from the internet, because I forgot to take pictures of these things:

Curtain that separates the bathroom area from the rest of the room. Michael was scared of this, especially at night so we never had it open. The sinks were right behind the curtain. To the left hand side of the sinks was a clothing rod, a shelf and the safe. The coffee makes was on the side of the sink counter.

Table Area

He was so excited to play on the bed!

We were very pleased with CBR and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again, after we have tried out some other resorts. It really is beautiful and very fun for kids. Michael really liked the room, and the pools. The resort itself its very colorful and cheerful.

Up Next: To Assemble or Not?

Last edited by BMC423; 05-16-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #20
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Hey, Bicki!! I'm here and lovin the report so far! We loved CBR when we stayed here in 2009, we had a Nemo room..wished we had a Pirate Room. The pool here is what we loved the most, though, and we made time in our busy schedule to swim almost every day it was so much fun!!

Sorry to hear about your lack of sleep, we always take something to make sure we get sleep the night before or we would be just like you...

Can't wait to read more!!

Old 05-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #21
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Love the room pics!

I can see why Michael was scared of that curtain. It is pretty spooky looking!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 05-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #22
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

I am really enjoying your TR. We stayed at CBR in Dec 2010 & leave in 29 days for our next visit. Reading your report is getting me excited about going, not that I wasnt excited already. Cannot wait to read the rest. Oh and what a cutie you have there.
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
Old 05-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #23
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
I hope you don't mind, but I'm popping in, too!!! Love your report so far! We are going in August and I hope I am as pleased with CBR as you are!!
Of course I don't mind! The more the merrier . I hope you love it too, I know it gets looked over a lot, now that I've been I'm not sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
Hey, Bicki!! I'm here and lovin the report so far! We loved CBR when we stayed here in 2009, we had a Nemo room..wished we had a Pirate Room. The pool here is what we loved the most, though, and we made time in our busy schedule to swim almost every day it was so much fun!!

Sorry to hear about your lack of sleep, we always take something to make sure we get sleep the night before or we would be just like you...

Can't wait to read more!!
The main pool is wonderful! Unfortunately we only spent one afternoon there. I did take something for the sleep! Nothing to heavy because I'm very afraid of those sleeping pills like Lunesta, I've heard horrible stories if people doing things while they were alseep But I take something called Calms Forte and its from Hyland's all natural. Usually it helps but not this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Love the room pics!

I can see why Michael was scared of that curtain. It is pretty spooky looking!
Yeah it was, but at night it look very cool when only the bathroom light was on, the skull sort of glowed. But he was having none of it, so away it went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post
I am really enjoying your TR. We stayed at CBR in Dec 2010 & leave in 29 days for our next visit. Reading your report is getting me excited about going, not that I wasnt excited already. Cannot wait to read the rest. Oh and what a cutie you have there.
I'm glad my TR is getting you excited, I wish I could go back already! That's why I'm writing this updates so quickly I don't want it to end.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #24
BMC423
DIS Veteran

To Assemble or Not?

After exploring the room the boys relaxed while I unpacked our carry-ons. I ordered from garden grocer for the first time for this trip and I had received an email from GG saying that our order would be at the hotel around noon and that it would be left at bell services. Since it was after noon when I was done unpacking I called bell services to check on our delivery. Sure enough it had arrived and someone was going to bring it right up.

While we waited for the delivery to come up we talked about what to do the rest of the afternoon. Our options were to go swimming after lunch, or head out to DTD earlier than we had planned and take our time looking around. As we were talking about going to DTD I remembered that there is an AMC theatre down there. John is a huge, HUGE comic book fan, he's collected them since he was a kid its his one big hobby. The Avenger's was released the Friday before the trip and there was no way we could fit it in to our plans before Disney. Now that we were at Disney it was a different story; so I asked him if he thought the Avenger's would be too much for Michael. He replies that he doesn't know. I felt really bad that he missed seeing it on Friday, so I said well we can go watch here today, and if its too much for Michael I can always just leave with him. He was up for it so I checked the show times on my phone and what do you know there was a 2:30 showing. We agreed to grab a quick lunch at the food court and head out to DTD.

The food court at CBR has different stations and each stations has different types of food. We decided on the Hamburger Shop:

I got the Bacon Cheeseburger:
This was ok, nothing to spectacular. It came with a side and I asked for what I though was a regular salad, but it was pasta salad:
I really did not like this.

John had the Buffalo Chicken Sandwhich with fries:
He said this was good, I tasted it and yes it was good much better than my burger. Spicy though so if you don't like spice this is not for you

Lastly Michael had Chicken Nuggets and French Fries in a pail:

After we ate we were on our way to DTD and we were on a mission. We arrived to DTD close to 2. I mentioned in my PTR that we have only ever visited the Marketplace in DTD and that is why we got off the bus and just started walking towards AMC which would have been fine if it wasn't all the way in the Westside. We really didn't realize how far it would be so pretty soon we were speed walking. We didn't change out of our traveling clothes and boy it was hot! We made it to theatre at 2:20. We were sweaty hot messes, but we made it. I go up to the ticket girl and say "Two adult tickets, and one child for the 2:30 Avengers Showing" She looks at me and says "Sorry that show is sold out" WHAT!?!?! So she says the next showing is at 7:45 which was too late for us and would interfere with our other plans for the evening.

I felt really bad for John and he was really trying to not show me his disappointment by saying "now we really have a lot of time to browse" , but I know he was. So I said "we can come and see on Friday, that's our no plans day". He agreed and that was that. Now we had the whole afternoon to explore DTD, which was another first for us.

Up Next:A DTD tour, New Shoes, and Raglan Road

Last edited by BMC423; 06-03-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #25
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

AwwwI hope you make it back avengers was great. We plan to see Dark Shadows while there.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #26
MsHershey
Mouseketeer

Subbing. Sorry you missed out on the movie. I hope you got to do it later in the week. My dd and I are going to WDW in Sept and staying at CBR. This is our first trip to WDW. We are so excited. I hope to squeeze in a movie at the AMC while we are there too. I look forward to your review of that.

And let me just say that little boy of yours is an absolute doll. Can't wait to read more.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #27
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

Nice report and Yankee fans to boot.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #28
mrsltg
The TF wishes you happier days ahead!
Seriously - you may as well drip dry as try to get by with one square!
Miss Sneaker Pants

Great report! We've stayed at CBR twice now, and are heading back for our third stay in a little under three weeks . We love it! We have not done the pirate rooms because our youngest FREAKED when she saw the shower curtain in one of the planning videos... oh well! They look like fun . I'm glad you had such a nice time, and I had to nod in agreement about the Disney insomnia. Midway through my trip I inevitably force myself into a Nyquil coma to finally sleep. I'm glad (?) to know others experience the same issues.

Looking forward to reading more from a fellow Yankees fan!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #29
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
AwwwI hope you make it back avengers was great. We plan to see Dark Shadows while there.
Dark Shadows sounds like fun. I love movies! John and I used to go once a week when we were dating. After we got married not so much, and after we had Michael we rarely go. I miss it but its ok we just wait for them to come on cable. Once and awhile there is one movie we just have to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHershey View Post
Subbing. Sorry you missed out on the movie. I hope you got to do it later in the week. My dd and I are going to WDW in Sept and staying at CBR. This is our first trip to WDW. We are so excited. I hope to squeeze in a movie at the AMC while we are there too. I look forward to your review of that.

And let me just say that little boy of yours is an absolute doll. Can't wait to read more.
Thank you! Yes having a movie theatre there is very nice and such a great idea. I'm sure when the bowling alley opens it will also be a huge hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Nice report and Yankee fans to boot.
Thanks!
Go Yankees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltg View Post
Great report! We've stayed at CBR twice now, and are heading back for our third stay in a little under three weeks . We love it! We have not done the pirate rooms because our youngest FREAKED when she saw the shower curtain in one of the planning videos... oh well! They look like fun . I'm glad you had such a nice time, and I had to nod in agreement about the Disney insomnia. Midway through my trip I inevitably force myself into a Nyquil coma to finally sleep. I'm glad (?) to know others experience the same issues.

Looking forward to reading more from a fellow Yankees fan!
Yeah that curtain is pretty intense, but you can always pull it open(closed?), because those rooms are very cool. Yay, for your upcoming trip! I might have to try your Nyquil trick because I had sleep issues during the whole trip but more on that later.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #30
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Great TR so far. We just love CBR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: