Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #91
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
Was there a reason Lisa went in the water with all her clothes on?
Bashful? Dunno, seemed weird to me, especially for someone who says they've never missed an episode.

edit: Wasn't Zane also swimming with all his clothes on when he spotted Russell searching for the idol?
Old 09-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #92
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
Bashful? Dunno, seemed weird to me, especially for someone who says they've never missed an episode.

edit: Wasn't Zane also swimming with all his clothes on when he spotted Russell searching for the idol?
I asked this in a few posts back-I missed the first 15 minutes, what were they allowed to bring with them. It amazes me that some are dressed in business clothes attire, dresses, suit jackets, etc. And what is with the underwear, bra's too.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #93
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I asked this in a few posts back-I missed the first 15 minutes, what were they allowed to bring with them. It amazes me that some are dressed in business clothes attire, dresses, suit jackets, etc. And what is with the underwear, bra's too.
I read somewhere that production picks out what they will wear. That explains why the yellow team had yellow on , the red had some red on. Not sure why they make some wear dresses or suit coats etc. Notice that the yellow team had yellow bras as well.

I believe that production does give them bathing suits somewhere along the line. But maybe I am wrong since we had to look at those terrible pink/red underwear on that year last season.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #94
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAB View Post
I read somewhere that production picks out what they will wear. That explains why the yellow team had yellow on , the red had some red on. Not sure why they make some wear dresses or suit coats etc. Notice that the yellow team had yellow bras as well.

I believe that production does give them bathing suits somewhere along the line. But maybe I am wrong since we had to look at those terrible pink/red underwear on that year last season.
Jeff Probst said in an interview at some point, I don't recall when, that they have the contestants dress in clothing that they would wear in their normal day to day life, which is why some people wear suits, and others are in jeans.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #95
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
Was there a reason Lisa went in the water with all her clothes on?
I'm guessing it was due to being self-conscious about her body. I know I wouldn't have wanted to take off my clothes standing next to those two 20 yo's, lol! This was probably before they were given their swimsuits, so again, she'd have to disrobe down to her undies on national TV. No way jose would I EVER do that.

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You, #40 Dragonfly in Amber

Currently reading: #41 Voyager

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #96
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Bumping for tonights show.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #97
rickybobby
Please bring back Tapestry of Nations

The long haired guy shacking with the blonde, if it was me, I think it might be worth getting sent home for a few nights of "just snuggling".
Old 09-27-2012, 06:06 AM   #98
disneyjunkie
I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

Cookies???
disneyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #99
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjunkie View Post
Cookies???
I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand that little crew. I know who I would send home..............

I like Lisa. I think the reason she keeps her clothing in is because of her faith. I have no idea how you can believe that you can retain your modesty under the circumstances these folks must live.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #100
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

They sent the right person home last nice. She was pretty judgmental for someone who didn't seem to do anything.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #101
mamamary
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
They sent the right person home last nice. She was pretty judgmental for someone who didn't seem to do anything.
I was glad to see her go home.

I did get a laugh out of the cookie comment

me dh ds (17) dd (15) and Baxter (my 8 year old lab - rescued from a shelter)

mamamary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #102
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamary View Post
I was glad to see her go home.

I did get a laugh out of the cookie comment

I think she was looking for a comment that wouldn't call anyone out. In the end it made her look like the dumb blonde.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #103
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I think she was looking for a comment that wouldn't call anyone out. In the end it made her look like the dumb blonde.
That's what I said too... that she was trying to express that she wouldn't really change anything about the team dynamics... but my husband said I was giving her too much credit. Hopefully she is playing at being dumb to get overlooked.

SOOOOOOO glad with who went home! If I was on the show with all her eye-rolling... I would've rolled her eyes right outta her head!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #104
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

I like Lisa but she's being an idiot

She's a fan of the show and can't figure out that separating hrself from the group is going to get her voted out the first chance they get

I know now she was going through personal problems with a divorce but she wasn't even trying at camp. She was in the challenges but that's such a small part of the social game
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #105
TeresaBelle
Still sleeps with a security blanket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
I like Lisa but she's being an idiot

She's a fan of the show and can't figure out that separating hrself from the group is going to get her voted out the first chance they get

I know now she was going through personal problems with a divorce but she wasn't even trying at camp. She was in the challenges but that's such a small part of the social game
I agree I hope she comes around, but I think it might already be too late. Although, from the previews, looks like next week they're discussing voting out Skupin??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: