Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #706
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: WI USA
Posts: 13,672
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDust32 View Post
Lisa won favorite?? I should had voted too. What a BS.
If anything, she had the most face time this season on Survivor.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #707
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: WI USA
Posts: 13,672
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
Was just reading up on Penner. I had no idea he has an Academy Award nomination.
For what?
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #708
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister
 
4greatboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Shadybrook
Posts: 26,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDust32 View Post
I Saw...

Coach
Johnny Fairplay
Russell (AGAIN!)
Rupert

And I think Malcolm is back too because Jeff asked him and he kinda gave it away. But the rumors are other people, franchesca, brandon,brenda, phillip, eric.
Like Coach about 70% of the time
I don't want to see Rupert or Johnny

As for Russell I would love to see him win a season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Well, the "spoiler" posted about Malcolm being back in the cast of "Redemption" was wrong since the next season ISN'T Redemption...it's another fans v. favorites! I didn't recognize the black woman on the flashes or two of the guys but I saw the ones mentioned above.
I didn't recognize her either. I'm just glad it's not Cirie.
__________________

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #709
DisneyCP2002
I always am excited when 7 pm rolls
I felt a little off at first
 
DisneyCP2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: House of Mouse/Texas
Posts: 7,002

Sorry to jump in at the end, but watched most of it this season. I was in a way surprised but happy with how it turned out. Got a ? as I am not sure I saw it elsewhere. What is the start date(if released) for next season?
__________________
DisneyCP2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #710
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,910

I apologize if someone has already mentioned this, as I have not read all the posts. And I haven't watched in years, so I don't know the rules. I assume if it gets down to the point where you have a jury, if there is a tie, the jury decides who goes home. Is that right? Because if so....

Malcolm and Denise may have missed an opportunity. When it was down to 4, and Lisa and Skupin were deciding whether to go with Malcolm or Denise, both Denise and Malcolm assumed their only chance was to align themselves with L&S and hope the other was on the losing end. But.....

What if L&S had picked one, either M or D.

M&D hold firm and together vote for Lisa, since Skupin had immunity.

That's two votes for Lisa and two for either M or D. That would have meant a tie and the jury would have decided who went home. Is that right? (Again, I don't know the rules.) I have to think the jury would have sent Lisa home, putting Skupin, Malcolm and Denise in the final three.

Did anyone else have that thought?
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #711
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

Gee, guess the spoiler was a spoiler. Shocking.

Penner is a writer - he and his wife share the nom for a short la film. He also acts, he's been in Arrested Development, among other, schlockier credits (the Nanny, anyone?)

I thought he was just trying to up the drama - the jury was boring as all get out this season. Outting Lisa was about $$ and a payback for her idiocy.

Was Carter stoned? He just stands and stares with this totally blank, uncomprehending expression, perpetually. Jeff Kent is so jerky. Everyone else was randomly, vaguely bitter or boring. Do something, jury. Dance, monkeys, dance!

I enjoy the march of dead survivors, aka, snack time, btw. It's hilarious listening to them try to come up with something to say about people they don't remember and/or can't stand.

I hope it's clearer now to some t that the show - the season - is edited with the ending in mind. The editors tell a story. They, and everyone else involved in the production of the show, knew who won when the votes were cast.

Oh, cannot believe Welchel won fan favourite - well, almost cannot. Rupert also won. There's some contingent votes for that thing in large numbers that has issues.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #712
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
I apologize if someone has already mentioned this, as I have not read all the posts. And I haven't watched in years, so I don't know the rules. I assume if it gets down to the point where you have a jury, if there is a tie, the jury decides who goes home. Is that right? Because if so....

Malcolm and Denise may have missed an opportunity. When it was down to 4, and Lisa and Skupin were deciding whether to go with Malcolm or Denise, both Denise and Malcolm assumed their only chance was to align themselves with L&S and hope the other was on the losing end. But.....

What if L&S had picked one, either M or D.

M&D hold firm and together vote for Lisa, since Skupin had immunity.

That's two votes for Lisa and two for either M or D. That would have meant a tie and the jury would have decided who went home. Is that right? (Again, I don't know the rules.) I have to think the jury would have sent Lisa home, putting Skupin, Malcolm and Denise in the final three.

Did anyone else have that thought?
No, the jury has no role at all except to decide on the final prize and make idiotic gestures and raise eyebrows on occasion (unless Jeff is feeling particularly grumpy some evening, as Penner may attest).

In the event of a tie - well, the show has changed this up repeatedly.

Used to be a revote, followed by .. I don't remember if this was the first tiebreak but in the event of a second (upon revote) tiebreak, there was a challenge, like firemaking. First to make a fire that burnt a rope or whatever won.

Then they switched to purple rocking it, where I think there still may be a revote (or maybe not) and then you reach in a bag Jeff holds out and pull a rock blindly (like taking Scrabble tiles) and the person pulls the purple-painted rock goes home.

That kind of ended ties in practice, because the challenge at least had an aspect of skill and thus deservedness to it, but no one wants to be sent home by the pure happenstance of the purple rock.

I'm not sure if that's still the scheme; haven't seen a tie in a while, but I watch seasons intermittantly.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #713
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,910

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyMom View Post
I am watching this off my DVR, but OMG. Penner is not nice. First of all I don't think Denise was a ***** at all, and he was wrong to tell the jury what Lisa did as a child. What a sore loser.
What you said. I liked Penner just fine until his last few sentences. Denise never struck me as a *****. And it was just slimy to out Lisa when he did. It was obviously an attempt to sway the jury. I don't think Lisa would have won anyway, but it was just a skeezy, bitter tactic on his part.

I was surprised that all the finalist were "old" by Survivor standards. Not a young one in the bunch.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #714
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,910

Thanks for the explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
No, the jury has no role at all except to decide on the final prize and make idiotic gestures and raise eyebrows on occasion (unless Jeff is feeling particularly grumpy some evening, as Penner may attest).

In the event of a tie - well, the show has changed this up repeatedly.

Used to be a revote, followed by .. I don't remember if this was the first tiebreak but in the event of a second (upon revote) tiebreak, there was a challenge, like firemaking. First to make a fire that burnt a rope or whatever won.

Then they switched to purple rocking it, where I think there still may be a revote (or maybe not) and then you reach in a bag Jeff holds out and pull rocks blindly (like taking Scrabble tiles) and the person pulls the purple-painted rock goes home.

That kind of ended ties in practice, because the challenge at least had an aspect of skill and thus deservedness to it, but no one wants to be sent home by the pure happenstance of the purple rock.

I'm not sure if that's still the scheme; haven't seen a tie in a while, but I watch seasons intermittantly.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #715
Reesecup317
Earning My Ears
 
Reesecup317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 66

I thought they did a fire challenge if there was a tie.
Reesecup317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:17 AM   #716
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesecup317 View Post
I thought they did a fire challenge if there was a tie.
I thought so, too. I wish Malcolm and Denis would have teamed up and voted for Lisa. That way one of them could have won a tie breaker.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:27 AM   #717
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001 View Post
I thought so, too. I wish Malcolm and Denis would have teamed up and voted for Lisa. That way one of them could have won a tie breaker.
When they go to the purple rock, everyone has to pick a rock, not just the tied players, iirc.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:44 AM   #718
Reesecup317
Earning My Ears
 
Reesecup317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001

I thought so, too. I wish Malcolm and Denis would have teamed up and voted for Lisa. That way one of them could have won a tie breaker.
I don't think Malcolm and Denise wanted to go to the finals with each other I think they both wanted to be in a final 3 with lisa and skupin
Reesecup317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #719
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesecup317 View Post
I don't think Malcolm and Denise wanted to go to the finals with each other I think they both wanted to be in a final 3 with lisa and skupin
It would have been really hard to choose between Malcolm and Denise. Looking forward to next season.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #720
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP
 
aprilgail2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 19,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOREMICKEYFORME View Post
The contestant that just kissed Jeff...doesn't she realize he is married??
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDust32 View Post
I Saw...

Coach
Johnny Fairplay
Russell (AGAIN!)
Rupert

.
Which Russell, the one that was on this last episode or the nutcase one that had the nephew that was as crazy as him play on a later episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
Was Carter stoned? He just stands and stares with this totally blank, uncomprehending expression, perpetually. .
LOL- I think that was just his normal dumb look-that boy doesn't have many brain cells to spare so I hope he doesn't smoke pot!
__________________
The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something!
aprilgail2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.