Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #616
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1982 View Post
Nope.
Ok, well I don't mean to be the one to disillusion you here but Mark Burnett knows who won. Probst knows who won. The production staff and the editors know who won. There's a camera on the cast members as they vote for the winner. They do those little THs as they hold up their votes. The editing staff have to edit the episodes to create a story.

They're not going to SAY who wins, but they all know who won and have for some time.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #617
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

What I read is the next season will be Fan vs Favorites, so if Malcolm is on, you don't know if he won or not, so no spoiler there.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #618
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
Ok, well I don't mean to be the one to disillusion you here but Mark Burnett knows who won. Probst knows who won. The production staff and the editors know who won. There's a camera on the cast members as they vote for the winner. They do those little THs as they hold up their votes. The editing staff have to edit the episodes to create a story.

They're not going to SAY who wins, but they all know who won and have for some time.
What evidence do you have to support your thesis that there is a camera crew during the final vote? Please show me a video link that supports this.

I've seen video shots of all votes except the final one so please prove me wrong.
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #619
redlight
DIS Veteran

Maybe we need a new thread about Survivor rumors and spoilers.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #620
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1982 View Post
What evidence do you have to support your thesis that there is a camera crew during the final vote? Please show me a video link that supports this.

I've seen video shots of all votes except the final one so please prove me wrong.
Most seasons, we get to see at least SOME of the final votes as they are cast. Remember the girl who based her vote on some obscure trivia from The Graduate?
Old 12-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #621
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
That might make sense IF the season to come wasn't entitled "Redemption." (Wasn't that what the post said? Redemption?)

WINNERS do not need redemption. It doesn't take a giant leap in reasoning to surmise Malcolm does not win this season if he is going to be on a season called Redemption.

Count me among those who classify this as spoiler and did not appreciate it in the least. If someone wanted to post something like this, all they had to do was create a thread called, "Survivor with Spoilers."

Even if it turns out to be a fake spoiler, it has runied/spoiled some of my enjoyment of the final episode, as it has tainted the way I will watch it. Really, when a thread title has "no spoilers" in it, you should honor that and start your own spoiler thread.

There isn't anything confirming the next season is called "Redemption". In fact my earlier posts I talked about an article that was posted on Friday that said the next season would be called Survivor Caramoan: Fans and Favorites.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #622
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
There isn't anything confirming the next season is called "Redemption". In fact my earlier posts I talked about an article that was posted on Friday that said the next season would be called Survivor Caramoan: Fans and Favorites.
What I am saying is that since someone has introduced the possibilty of Malcom being on a season entitled "Redemption," it has colored my perception as I watch the last episode. In other words, it has spoiled the viewing whether it turns out to be true or not. That is a spoiler. The people on this thread, by requesting "no spoilers" in the title, made it clear they did not want ANY hints about the outcome, even hints that might turn out to be less than accurate. They wanted to watch the season "blind." The posting violated the spirit of the thread.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #623
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
What I am saying is that since someone has introduced the possibilty of Malcom being on a season entitled "Redemption," it has colored my perception as I watch the last episode. In other words, it has spoiled the viewing whether it turns out to be true or not. That is a spoiler. The people on this thread, by requesting "no spoilers" in the title, made it clear they did not want ANY hints about the outcome, even hints that might turn out to be less than accurate. They wanted to watch the season "blind." The posting violated the spirit of the thread.

Sorry I don't agree but that's ok we are all entitled to our opinion.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 12-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #624
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Sorry I don't agree but that's ok we are all entitled to our opinion.
We can agree on that.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #625
declansdad
DIS Dad#639

Quote:
We can agree on that.

Cool, now I'm off to watch Martin Short on SNL.

me dw (pooksma) ds

Old 12-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #626
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDust32 View Post
RC tells Abi the truth, but poor Abi she doesn't see it.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/vi...abi-maria-pt-2
Thanks for posting that link. I usually forget to go looking for the Ponderosa videos when I'm home.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #627
Reesecup317
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros

Thanks for posting that link. I usually forget to go looking for the Ponderosa videos when I'm home.
I think that video makes Abi look like a reasonable person and RC looks like one of those ppl that can never get over the game.
Reesecup317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #628
PixieDust32
♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
You're welcome. I like watching the ponderosa videos

Instagram: roxyy39

PixieDust32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #629
thegales
Mouseketeer
Says he is happy tagless but the Tag Fairy ain't buying it!

Getting ready for tonight. Hoping either Pittsburgh or Dallas scores within the next 2:00 minutes, so there is a possibility Survivor starts on time.

aka lifeof in Chat

June 16, 2012 Eastern Cruise / December 18, 2010 11 Day Southern Caribbean / November 21, 2007 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / July 15, 2006 Western / November 23, 2005 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / October 9, 2004 Western Cruise / June 14, 2003 Eastern Cruise

thegales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #630
thegales
Mouseketeer
Says he is happy tagless but the Tag Fairy ain't buying it!

Ugh, overtime.

aka lifeof in Chat

June 16, 2012 Eastern Cruise / December 18, 2010 11 Day Southern Caribbean / November 21, 2007 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / July 15, 2006 Western / November 23, 2005 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / October 9, 2004 Western Cruise / June 14, 2003 Eastern Cruise

thegales is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: