Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #511
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Interesting edit last night. When Malcolm wins the reward challenge, his hair is down. In the next shot, as Jeff calls him over, his hair is tied back. It's a small thing, but I usually find the editing much smoother, do that you're not as aware of the passage of time.

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #512
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Anyone notice how well Skupin did physically in the challenges against a much younger Malcolm? Could make things interesting at the end. I also think it bodes well for my theory that he could have taken Colby out 12 years ago had he not fallen into the fire & gone into the merge up 6-4.
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #513
yoopermom
Suffers from too many teenage Stephen King influences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
Anyone notice how well Skupin did physically in the challenges against a much younger Malcolm? .
Didn't he say on the rewards challenge that he hasn't had a soda in like thirty years or something? I can't even imagine! I would bet he's a very healthy eater, which definitely plays into the great shape he's in....

Terri
yoopermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #514
Gumbo4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopermom View Post
Didn't he say on the rewards challenge that he hasn't had a soda in like thirty years or something? I can't even imagine! I would bet he's a very healthy eater, which definitely plays into the great shape he's in....

Terri
Yeah, 30 years. There was a time when I wouldn't go more than 30 minutes without one
Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #515
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

The final challenge is often an endurance or mental one. So being a physical threat may not mean as much. I'd say based on past final challenges, Denise probably has the best shot. I also think they have several challenges available and trot out the one likely to result in the most interesting win.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #516
Gumbo4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
The final challenge is often an endurance or mental one. So being a physical threat may not mean as much. I'd say based on past final challenges, Denise probably has the best shot. I also think they have several challenges available and trot out the one likely to result in the most interesting win.
Agree with all this. The next one is likely to the the physical one & then the balance thing at the end.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #517
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

I almost got the feeling that Malcolm may not have been giving 100% trying to win that reward challenge. Choosing only 2 people from the 3 in your alliance puts you in a pretty tough position. Might have been a strategic decision on his part... or might be wishful thinking on my part. LOL

I'm a Malcolm fan and I'm afraid he'll be in big trouble if he doesn't win the final immunity challenge, so maybe that theory is just grasping at straws so I can go on thinking he can win whatever challenge they throw at him next.

Even if I'm right Skupin did beat the ladies pretty handily though, so I give him props on that. Of course I think Denise is the biggest physical threat among them, and since she was dealing with some kind of toxin in her body, she certainly wasn't at 100%.

I don't have any experience dealing with millipede/centipede bites, which from the secret scene interview with Denise is what they think it was, but I've been stung by nasty AZ bark scorpions a few times and I can guarantee I wouldn't have been able to do my best on a physical challenge that soon after being stung, even with adrenaline pumping.

Looking forward to the finale on Sunday!
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #518
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
Anyone notice how well Skupin did physically in the challenges against a much younger Malcolm? Could make things interesting at the end. I also think it bodes well for my theory that he could have taken Colby out 12 years ago had he not fallen into the fire & gone into the merge up 6-4.
I think Malcolm did just enough in that challenge to make a good showing but he wanted someone else to win and have to pick who was going on the reward. With the possible exception of Abi winning the challenge, he was probably going on the reward.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #519
Gumbo4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I think Malcolm did just enough in that challenge to make a good showing but he wanted someone else to win and have to pick who was going on the reward. With the possible exception of Abi winning the challenge, he was probably going on the reward.
I always wondered why nobody takes the easy out. If it were me, I'd tell everyone to go back to the game and finish it, then take second and third place with me.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #520
PixieDust32
♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesecup317 View Post
I agree, but I find Lisa annoying on almost every episode. I think Skupin's happy dance was over the top
Lisa is annoying but "light" compared to Abi. After being called Moron, stupid etc on National TV I would be dancing too

Poor Jury in Ponderosa

Instagram: roxyy39

PixieDust32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #521
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
The while thing about Lisa being on the fact of life of that is that unless you are in your 30's or older you prob didn't see the show and its not one of those shows that shown in reruns over and over like mash or the cosbys

Plus after facts she got married and left acting behind

So the only ones who had a chance of knowing who she was did but chose not to out her
First, it's still in reruns and always has been afaik.

Second though, there are a lot of players old enough to have known who didn't - Denise, for one, Artis, that other returning jerk, Jeff, etc.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #522
Reesecup317
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake

Second though, there are a lot of players old enough to have known who didn't - Denise, for one, Artis, that other returning jerk, Jeff, etc.
Penner and Skupin know she is Blair Warner but the facts of life was a second tier 80's sitcom that had character names and a theme song that was memorable than any of the actual people. if the facts of life is still in reruns i'd like to know which channel it's on because i watch tv land and nick at nite all the time and i have never seen it.
Reesecup317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #523
Gumbo4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post

You must have a lot more channels than me LOL. I haven't seen it in years. Russell was the other returning player and yes they all should have known who she was.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #524
happygirl
DIS Veteran

What channel is Fact of Life on in repeats. I would love to watch it.

Are we sure that Michael knows?
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #525
hallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
What channel is Fact of Life on in repeats. I would love to watch it.

Are we sure that Michael knows?
Yes, he said it earlier in the season.
hallie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: