Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #466
Reesecup317
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDumbo
If Skupin or Lisa win this, I am going to lose my faith in humanity, I feel like those two dolts have been easy to flip and manipulate. Just kiss their but and tell them what they want to hear. Abi is just a moron for thinking she could bully them into staying with her. I want Abi gone! I really think choosing between Malcolm and Denise is going to be difficult. I really think they both played very well. I hope one of the two of them wins immunity next week.
I agree with you about blair warner but Skupin is a lot harder to figure out because we haven't seen as much of his thought process. I would be upset if Skupin won because Malcolm and Denise have worked so hard to get to this point and it would feel like a good season had been wasted.
Reesecup317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #467
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa D View Post
After watching Ponderosa I am SO glad Jeff Kent got voted out when he did and wish he hadn't even made jury. He obviously remains very bitter and childish and from the way it looks he doesn't even associate with the others. I realize Ponderosa is edited too but I've been watching those for several seasons and don' remember anyone else acting that way.
I don't generally watch footage from Loser Lodge but now I might.

I told my friend (who when I called, shocked at what an absolute jack... he was in his TH when he was voted out said 'yeah, it's Jeff Kent.') that he covered what is apparently his dominant personality feature (total, unadulterated jerk) pretty well prior to that. Or he was edited very, very well.

He came off as not the most likable but until the night he was booted I had no idea what a jerk he was - then it became so very clear. Apparently his flag is flying at LL too. Hmm.

Is there anyplace he explains the Penner vendetta or whatever? Why was he so into voting him out?

Quote:
I agree with you about blair warner but Skupin is a lot harder to figure out because we haven't seen as much of his thought process. I would be upset if Skupin won because Malcolm and Denise have worked so hard to get to this point and it would feel like a good season had been wasted.
I think it's very kind of you to presume he has a whole thought process.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #468
Reesecup317
Earning My Ears

After reading and listening to all of the jurors exit interviews I don't think Blair warner or Skupin can win unless there is a final 2 instead of a final 3 and the jurors are forced to pick one over the other.
Reesecup317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #469
fortwildernessishome
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
IMO, Tina & Colby wouldn't have made the final 5. Skupin's tribe was in complete control of the game & they were a solid group. I think they'd have gone into the merge up 6-4 and Colby would have been the first one they eliminated. I see Skupin, Elizabeth, and Roger as the final 3. Roger loses the final challenge and then it's up to Skupin or Elizabeth. If Skupin goes to the end, he wins. If Elizabeth wins the final challenge, she takes Roger & then he probably wins for a combination of likeability & good survivor skills. But, once they lost Skupin, it was all over.
Totally agree with this! I thought the same thing!

I actually just watched this season in January, so its somewhat fresh in my mind.

Jan. was my 5th month of chemo and I spent a lot of time of the couch. My husband bought a few of the early season for me to watch. While, I had seen them the first time on TV, I had completely forgotton how the game/show was so different in the early years! I sure had some laughs over it!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #470
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortwildernessishome View Post
Totally agree with this! I thought the same thing!

I actually just watched this season in January, so its somewhat fresh in my mind.

Jan. was my 5th month of chemo and I spent a lot of time of the couch. My husband bought a few of the early season for me to watch. While, I had seen them the first time on TV, I had completely forgotton how the game/show was so different in the early years! I sure had some laughs over it!
Hope you are in remission!
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #471
Nohal
DIS Veteran

How much further did Carter think he would go? He had to know if he wasn't voted out this time he would have gone the next time. He knew there was a strong alliance of 4. If he would have made it to the end I don't think he would have won because you hardly even knew he was there.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #472
fortwildernessishome
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=travelbug24;46878130]Hope you are in remission![/QUOTE

Thats so nice of you! I am doing really well!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #473
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

[QUOTE=fortwildernessishome;46878167]
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug24 View Post
Hope you are in remission![/QUOTE

Thats so nice of you! I am doing really well!
Glad to hear it!!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #474
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

They could do a season with an entire "clueless" tribe, including Carter and Darrah (Pearl Islands), who looked like they didn't even know what show they were cast for, and Erik (Micronesia) who went down in survivor history as the dumbest player ever.
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #475
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Junkie View Post
They could do a season with an entire "clueless" tribe, including Carter and Darrah (Pearl Islands), who looked like they didn't even know what show they were cast for, and Erik (Micronesia) who went down in survivor history as the dumbest player ever.
Oooh I forgot Darrah - she was the undertaker or whatever, right? She definitely belongs on the dopey tribe, though I think it's gonna get a little crowded over there. Maybe they could do two tribes of dopes to one smart tribe.

Is Erik the one Eliza fooled with the stick? I have some recollection that was someone whose name started with a J but maybe I'm totally wrong. Wasn't his job also like ice cream scooper?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #476
Gumbo4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post

Is there anyplace he explains the Penner vendetta or whatever? Why was he so into voting him out?
He was obsessed with making sure none of the returning players went to the end.

IIRC, Erik was the one who gave his idol away the night he was voted out.

edit: I don't remember Darrah.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #477
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
He was obsessed with making sure none of the returning players went to the end.

IIRC, Erik was the one who gave his idol away the night he was voted out.

edit: I don't remember Darrah.
Ok, but he rarely, that we saw, talked about voting out Skupin. I mean if that's your goal, fine - there are two of them. It'd seem more productive to be flexible with it. As long as one goes, who cares? If he thought Penner was safe, then go after Skupin, but he seemed very focused on Penner.

Darrah was one of the 'Survivor chicks' - a bizarre number of the women they cast have that look. Very thin, often foobs, blank eyes, usually dark hair. Like Morasca. I mostly think remember because of the unusual job.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #478
Gumbo4x4

Quote:
Ok, but he rarely, that we saw, talked about voting out Skupin. I mean if that's your goal, fine - there are two of them. It'd seem more productive to be flexible with it. As long as one goes, who cares? If he thought Penner was safe, then go after Skupin, but he seemed very focused on Penner.
I think he felt Penner was the bigger threat especially since they had been playing together so long. Skupin appeared to be on the outside of the yellow-tribe alliance where Penner was knee-deep in the red-tribe alliance.

I disagree with his move, but that's they way I believe he saw it.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #479
Gumbo4x4

Quote:

Darrah was one of the 'Survivor chicks' - a bizarre number of the women they cast have that look. Very thin, often foobs, blank eyes, usually dark hair. She had really dark hair iirc. Though I mostly I think remember because of the unusual job.
Still not clicking - I'll have to google her & see if it jogs my memory.

edit: Just looked her up, still don't remember her LOL
Old 12-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #480
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Darrah -

Morasca -

Amanda -

Parvati -

See what I mean? There are plenty more. Darrah had a serious accent, iirc, and it did not make her seem bright. She wasn't, based on everything else she did and what she said, but the accent I bet you'd remember.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: