Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #451
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post

Skupin has been a dumb nutter since Australia and clearly nothing has changed.
Just goes to show how much the game has changed since Season 2. Had he not fallen into the fire, I think he was the odds on favorite to win it all.
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #452
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post


The smart play for Malcolm next week is to give the idol to Denise. They expect him to play it so they won't vote for him and may target Denise. So Denise and Malcolm vote for Abi, and if Mike, Lisa and Abby try blindsiding Denise it would backfire on them.
My bet is he keeps it unless he wins immunity (which is obviously a possibility). My money is on them crafting a challenge that suits Abi's strengths since they didn't boot her when they had the chance. Seems like that's how it always goes.
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #453
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post

I want like, Survivor:random island, Smart vs. Dumb.

Penner, Yul, Becky, Mariano, Tom Weston, maybe that astronaut, he wasn't a good player but he wasn't dumb, Eliza.

vs.

Rupert (king of the that theoretical tribe), Skupin, that guy Eliza fooled into thinking a stick was the idol, James, that farmer guy no one could understand, "Fairplay," Heidi, Hogeboom, the list of possibilities is kind of endless.
Interesting idea. Although, pretty much everyone I know would put Boston Rob on the "dumb" tribe. I don't care how many times he's played & how good he's gotten at it, I just can't get past the way he talks I also think Farmer Tom from the African season (my favorite season BTW) is actually a pretty smart cookie, despite his wackiness and the way he talks.
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #454
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
Just goes to show how much the game has changed since Season 2. Had he not fallen into the fire, I think he was the odds on favorite to win it all.
I don't think he'd have come close. Colby/Tina played the hell out of that season and they're both fully capable of outwitting Skupin, imo. He's just clueless.

Quote:
nteresting idea. Although, pretty much everyone I know would put Boston Rob on the "dumb" tribe. I don't care how many times he's played & how good he's gotten at it, I just can't get past the way he talks I also think Farmer Tom from the African season (my favorite season BTW) is actually a pretty smart cookie, despite his wackiness and the way he talks
I agree he sounds like a doofus but Mariano is no dummy. Farmer Tom however, I disagree, heh. I remember that time on ... was it on A-S? ... when Mariano sized up the situation, then went over, cleanly and quickly instigated a fight between Farmer Tom and someone, Hatch? Lex? to his own benefit, then just stood back and watched.

C'mon, it'd be the best season ever - the first time a tribe was in actual danger of starvation. Not even from mismanagement, just from forgetting to feed themselves or something. They'd have some brawn though so they'd lose every puzzle (and balance) challenge but might win something.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #455
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
I don't think he'd have come close. Colby/Tina played the hell out of that season and they're both fully capable of outwitting Skupin, imo. He's just clueless.
IMO, Tina & Colby wouldn't have made the final 5. Skupin's tribe was in complete control of the game & they were a solid group. I think they'd have gone into the merge up 6-4 and Colby would have been the first one they eliminated. I see Skupin, Elizabeth, and Roger as the final 3. Roger loses the final challenge and then it's up to Skupin or Elizabeth. If Skupin goes to the end, he wins. If Elizabeth wins the final challenge, she takes Roger & then he probably wins for a combination of likeability & good survivor skills. But, once they lost Skupin, it was all over.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
I agree he sounds like a doofus but Mariano is no dummy. Farmer Tom however, I disagree, heh. I remember that time on ... was it on A-S? ... when Mariano sized up the situation, then went over, cleanly and quickly instigated a fight between Farmer Tom and someone, Hatch? Lex? to his own benefit, then just stood back and watched.
Oh I know, but it took 3 seasons for me to see Mariano as anything more than a dork. I had however forgotten about Farmer Tom being back a 2nd time & in retrospect I do recall him being pretty stupid that time around. Maybe it wasn't an act the first time after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
C'mon, it'd be the best season ever - the first time a tribe was in actual danger of starvation. Not even from mismanagement, just from forgetting to feed themselves or something. They'd have some brawn though so they'd lose every puzzle (and balance) challenge but might win something.
Oh no, I like the idea generally speaking. I'm not a huge fan of "all star" seasons, but it's been a while since they've had one. And it would certainly be an interesting one
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #456
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
IMO, Tina & Colby wouldn't have made the final 5. Skupin's tribe was in complete control of the game & they were a solid group. I think they'd have gone into the merge up 6-4 and Colby would have been the first one they eliminated. I see Skupin, Elizabeth, and Roger as the final 3. Roger loses the final challenge and then it's up to Skupin or Elizabeth. If Skupin goes to the end, he wins. If Elizabeth wins the final challenge, she takes Roger & then he probably wins for a combination of likeability & good survivor skills. But, once they lost Skupin, it was all over.
I don't remember that season that specifically but (obviously imo, as who knows what would have really happened) I think C/T could have worked Skupin. Roger and Elizabeth were an unbreakable pair but Skupin is pawn fodder wherever he may roam.

Quote:
Oh I know, but it took 3 seasons for me to see Mariano as anything more than a dork. I had however forgotten about Farmer Tom being back a 2nd time & in retrospect I do recall him being pretty stupid that time around. Maybe it wasn't an act the first time after all
I didn't like him at all in his first season, I thought he was insufferable. In his second, I saw the light, heh. His THs were insightful (and oft hilarious); he was planning and thinking and manipulating and thinking moves and moves ahead and running it cooperatively in the pair. The whole thing with him and Lex was demonstrative of how smart he was and Lex wasn't, imo. My opinion totally turned and stayed that way - I thought he was equally crafty and smart on TAR. Tom, my opinion has not waivered.

Quote:
Oh no, I like the idea generally speaking. I'm not a huge fan of "all star" seasons, but it's been a while since they've had one. And it would certainly be an interesting one
Yeah, I prefer the A-S season straight to the mix, I think, though FvF was entertaining. The only problem with my theoretical season is that we'd be subjected to Rupert again; seeing stuff like Mariano battling Tom Weston for immunities and the endless scheming might make up for it though.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #457
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
I don't remember that season that specifically but (obviously imo, as who knows what would have really happened) I think C/T could have worked Skupin. Roger and Elizabeth were an unbreakable pair but Skupin is pawn fodder wherever he may roam.
See, I don't think anyone was really "playing the game" too much that season. They were still in the "don't starve" mode. And I got the impression Skupin's entire team was pretty loyal. Who knows though?

The season that irritated me was when Jenna Morasco won after basically begging to be sent home. I don't remember the name of the guy she was up against in the finals. A bit odd & nobody liked him. But, he destroyed everyone in the challenges and secured ALL the food. IMO, he should have won given the name of the game IS "Survivor". Jenna criticized him for not playing the game, but I don't recall her doing anything more than coattailing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
Tom, my opinion has not waivered.
We loved Farmer Tom in his first season. Was rooting for him to win it all, actually



Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
Yeah, I prefer the A-S season straight to the mix, I think, though FvF was entertaining. The only problem with my theoretical season is that we'd be subjected to Rupert again; seeing stuff like Mariano battling Tom Weston for immunities and the endless scheming might make up for it though.
We liked Rupert too - first time around anyway. I saw someone else mention how they liked him until he stole the shoes. That was actually the move that made us like him. His giant tantrum in FvF after receiving a vote soured us on him though.
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #458
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

I dunno, I think C/T were really playing, though the editing left a lot of their gameplay out - I feel like it seemed they tried to keep the whole FUTR cover pair thing a surprise more when the world was new.

Morasca is awful. Have hated her every time she's played. Whining, useless horror. Was she in with Cesternino her first season? He's one of those players I kind of want to like but just meh. He's smart, he tries, but he just vaguely rubs me the wrong way. Wouldn't be upset if he'd ever won - certainly wanted him to beat Morasca, if I have their season correct (even if they were in a season together, heh, I hate her so I think I blocked it out )

You liked Farmer Tom AND Rupert? Do you have a thing for large, unhygenic men who can be outwitted by a coconut husk? At least you stopped liking Rupert!

I didn't like him much (the shoe thing I just thought was eyeroll worthy more than anything, with the 'I'm a pirate!!' idiocy - like, you realize Mark Burnett makes up these little themes, right? Like when Cao Boi was all on about the immunity idol being sacred. Dude. It was bought at Pier One as like a 'world' end table and they pulled the top off or it was made by the prop guy or whatever.) from the beginning but he got so progressively worse every moment on camera that by the time he came up with the brilliant 'let's dig a hole in the sand on a beach and live in it' plan I was kind of hoping Jerri would finally snap and actually off him in his sleep.

Last edited by cornflake; 12-06-2012 at 10:57 PM.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #459
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post

Morasca is awful. Have hated her every time she's played. Whining, useless horror. Was she in with Cesternino her first season? He's one of those players I kind of want to like but just meh. He's smart, he tries, but he just vaguely rubs me the wrong way. Wouldn't be upset if he'd ever won - certainly wanted him to beat Morasca, if I have their season correct (even if they were in a season together, heh, I hate her so I think I blocked it out )
Yes, Cesternino was the other one in the final 3. He tried to cut a deal at the final challenge because he knew he was going to lose The jury all said if he'd made the final 2 against either of the others they'd have all given him the money.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
You liked Farmer Tom AND Rupert? Do you have a thing for large, unhygenic men who can be outwitted by a coconut husk? At least you stopped liking Rupert!
Just thought they were both kind of fun for a while. Everyone out there seems pretty unhygenic after a while

Side note: I didn't care for Penner prior to this season. I honestly don't remember him from years past. Did enjoy him this year, though he botched it in the end.
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #460
cornflake
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,656

I wonder if there's a correlation - Penner has been my fave player since his first season, very early in it. Mariano is my second fave.

I absolutely despise Rupert, really dislike Farmer Tom.

I wonder if just in general there's some kind of split there - like people who like Rupert/Farmer Tom don't like Mariano and/or Penner and vice versa.

And sure, but most of them don't *start out* looking like they haven't bathed in a month.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #461
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,610

Could be some fans just gravitate toward certain types of players. Sounds like we both hated Morasco and both liked fireman Tom though. I also liked Yul, but don't really remember some of the others from your "smart" tribe. We liked James the first time, but thought he was way too mean the second time around. Agree with the "dumb" assessment LOL
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #462
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 767

Nobody would have eliminated Colby on Season 2. I believe he won pretty much every single immunity challenge, including the Final 3 Challenge to put himself into the finals. Any talk that Colby wouldn't have made Final 5 is silly.
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #463
Lisa D
DIS Veteran
 
Lisa D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Posts: 524

After watching Ponderosa I am SO glad Jeff Kent got voted out when he did and wish he hadn't even made jury. He obviously remains very bitter and childish and from the way it looks he doesn't even associate with the others. I realize Ponderosa is edited too but I've been watching those for several seasons and don' remember anyone else acting that way.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<BR>[list]
CBR 1990
OKW 1994
BWV 1998
BWV 1999
BWV 2001
BWV 2002
BWV/Disney Wonder 2003
BWV/Disney Wonder 2005
Disney Magic 2006
BWV/Hard Rock Hotel 2007
BWV 2008
Lisa D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #464
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,209

If Skupin or Lisa win this, I am going to lose my faith in humanity, I feel like those two dolts have been easy to flip and manipulate. Just kiss their but and tell them what they want to hear. Abi is just a moron for thinking she could bully them into staying with her. I want Abi gone! I really think choosing between Malcolm and Denise is going to be difficult. I really think they both played very well. I hope one of the two of them wins immunity next week.
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #465
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 12,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal1982 View Post
Nobody would have eliminated Colby on Season 2. I believe he won pretty much every single immunity challenge, including the Final 3 Challenge to put himself into the finals. Any talk that Colby wouldn't have made Final 5 is silly.
He won a bunch of them to be certain, but the other tribe was also down its strongest member, plus another once the merge happened. Colby also went into the merge up 6-4 and I still contend he'd have gone into the merge down 6-4 if Skupin hadn't fallen into the fire.

Side note: I recently discovered Colby occasionally posts on another forum that I frequent.
__________________
Gumbo4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.