Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #436
The Mayor
How about 7"...6" is for rookies
It's the CB, it's not supposed to make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
I don't care what anyone says on this game. Everyone is doing it for the money. If you were doing it for the experience you go on vacation and hire some guide to trek you into the jungle and teach you survivor skills

That said you want to have people with you who can play the physical game and mental game but make no mistake when you get down to the last half dozen people you turn your focus to not who the power players are but who are the lazy ones who slipped through or who are the hated players like Abby who if you sit next to them you can show why you deserve the mil over them

I HATE players who get in the jury and moan that THEY are the better player and deserve to win. Noooo if you were the better player you would be in the final 2. The game is Out wit Out play Out last. If you are in the jury you didn't do those

Shut up and deal with the fact that you got got. Someone out played you and that's that

YUP

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid".--John Wayne

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be." -- John Wayne
The Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #437
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I loved how she has said all along that she would stick to her word but as soon as her brother told her to do it she felt it was perfectly justifiable. The more I watch her the less I like her. Stop pretending to be Miss Goody Goody.
I "get" Lisa. I do see myself in her quite a bit (hangs head, lol). She is trying to please people and is so worried about what her family/friends will think of her when the game is over. She's an honest & loyal person in real life, and therefore is struggling with going against her character, even though technically this is a game.... but can you really separate WHO YOU ARE from the GAME? I know I could never play it without compromising myself so I'd never apply. Perhaps that's her fault. Knowing herself, she should have never applied to play this game.

Anyways... back to her brother. When her brother told her he's all for her making a big move and voting out Malcolm who she gave her word to, it was a RELIEF to her. She can make a play in the game without the people she loved back home criticizing her choices... she now had affirmation that it was OKAY.

That's how I took it since I relate to Lisa so much.

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You, #40 Dragonfly in Amber

Currently reading: #41 Voyager

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #438
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
I "get" Lisa. I do see myself in her quite a bit (hangs head, lol). She is trying to please people and is so worried about what her family/friends will think of her when the game is over. She's an honest & loyal person in real life, and therefore is struggling with going against her character, even though technically this is a game.... but can you really separate WHO YOU ARE from the GAME? I know I could never play it without compromising myself so I'd never apply. Perhaps that's her fault. Knowing herself, she should have never applied to play this game.

Anyways... back to her brother. When her brother told her he's all for her making a big move and voting out Malcolm who she gave her word to, it was a RELIEF to her. She can make a play in the game without the people she loved back home criticizing her choices... she now had affirmation that it was OKAY.

That's how I took it since I relate to Lisa so much.

I saw it as her being a hypocrite and was simply looking for an excuse. I think you are right in her looking for the affirmation but it goes against everything she has said so far.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #439
Reesecup317
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad

I saw it as her being a hypocrite and was simply looking for an excuse. I think you are right in her looking for the affirmation but it goes against everything she has said so far.
I agree she was being a hypocrite and i'm getting tired of her constant whining about about how she can't play this game. last week she told Penner he was being voted off and it almost seemed like she expected him to make her feel better about voting him out. she wants someone to hold her hand through every tough decision. she said that she has watched Survivor since the beginning so she should have a better understanding of what she has to do.
Reesecup317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #440
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesecup317 View Post
I agree she was being a hypocrite and i'm getting tired of her constant whining about about how she can't play this game. last week she told Penner he was being voted off and it almost seemed like she expected him to make her feel better about voting him out. she wants someone to hold her hand through every tough decision. she said that she has watched Survivor since the beginning so she should have a better understanding of what she has to do.
Watching and playing are VERY different things. The sheer amount fo stuff that never makes air, or the way things are manipulated through editing can paint a far different picture for a viewer than what actually happens to players. And just about EVERYONE who has ever played has said that the game was much harder than they thought it would be based on years of watching.

I think Lisa may be one of the first (or few) people to truly give the viewers such a clear picture of the inner battle between being true to yourself and trying to win a game of manipulation. Most people simply don't wear their heart on their sleeve like she does.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #441
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
I HATE players who get in the jury and moan that THEY are the better player and deserve to win. Noooo if you were the better player you would be in the final 2. The game is Out wit Out play Out last. If you are in the jury you didn't do those

Shut up and deal with the fact that you got got. Someone out played you and that's that
Totally agree with that statement. I also get annoyed when they people apologize to the jury members. I'm like, hey, I came here to win, and yea I had an alliance with you to help me get further in the game. When I didn't need you to get further in the game I voted you out. No hard feelings, trying to win some money here.

I also think if I couldn't make it to the finals, then I want to be the first jury person so I can enjoy all the benefits of Ponderosa. Speaking of which, this years videos suck! Aren't these guys going on any excursions like all the other Ponderosa peoples did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtersrus View Post
If Malcom win immunity next week, what are the chances that he gives the hidden immunity idol away since it's the last tribal he can use it? Maybe Denise?
The smart play for Malcolm next week is to give the idol to Denise. They expect him to play it so they won't vote for him and may target Denise. So Denise and Malcolm vote for Abi, and if Mike, Lisa and Abby try blindsiding Denise it would backfire on them.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #442
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
I think Lisa may be one of the first (or few) people to truly give the viewers such a clear picture of the inner battle between being true to yourself and trying to win a game of manipulation. Most people simply don't wear their heart on their sleeve like she does.
ITA

I don't really understand all the Lisa hate. Do I want to see her win? NO.

I don't think she's played the awful game some folks here think she has though. At least she tried to orchestrate some big moves to get herself further in the game. Personally I respect that more than the I'm not really thinking about the game, so as long as it's not me, just tell me how to vote and I'll continue to fly under the radar style of game play. Boring!

I will say I found it ironic that Lisa talked about God not taking sides in football games, etc. then told Skupin it must have been God's will that Malcolm stayed in the game. LOL

I think if Malcolm makes it to the final 3, or 2 if that happens, he's got the win in the bag, and deservedly so IMO.
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #443
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats mom View Post
ITA

I don't think she's played the awful game some folks here think she has though. At least she tried to orchestrate some big moves to get herself further in the game. Personally I respect that more than the I'm not really thinking about the game, so as long as it's not me, just tell me how to vote and I'll continue to fly under the radar style of game play. Boring!

I will say I found it ironic that Lisa talked about God not taking sides in football games, etc. then told Skupin it must have been God's will that Malcolm stayed in the game. LOL

I think if Malcolm makes it to the final 3, or 2 if that happens, he's got the win in the bag, and deservedly so IMO.
I think you're mixing up two things - FUTR is a time-honoured strategy. It's an actual strategy, imo; it works, it's certainly won, either with a cover or alone.

The 'I'm not thinking about the game' I think is not a strategy, it's the git who is used as a pawn or ends up a swing and gets booted immediately thereafter because no one wants that, everyone else is there to play.

As Penner once pointed out - even if you're there 'for the experience' you're in the game regardless. The people actively playing, however, still get to have the experience.

Lisa to me is not at all FUTR or an 'experience' player, she's a wicked mess. There's little more irritating than what I agree is the hypocritical 'oh, I just want to vote with my heart... but I said something to those people I don't like so I couldn't possibly LIE, because I'm a Good Person, see, so I have to vote you out, sad face,' crap. Own it. She seems like she's trying to play by pretending she's just so forced to make moves (which don't even seem to be her moves, she's just wandering over to conversations all 'oooh, well ok.') because she's a Good Person when they're actually super dumb moves that don't look Good, but her entire scheme looks to be centered around preserving her image of herself (which I don't think is at all what she thinks it's coming off as). As Penner was attempting to point out to her in that lagoon conversation.

The people who think they're going to look like the underdogs or the good guys are very, very often sadly deluded because they're so dopey and such unpleasant people to begin with that they have no idea how they come off or how anyone else is or will.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #444
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosFriend View Post
I am hoping for Malcom to win the million. He sure is sitting in a great spot right now. Lisa just gets on my nerves.
Something is up with Malcolm. He was afraid that his brother would shoot his mouth off, (he just turned 21) and wreck it for him. What did he mean by that.
Was Malcolm worried that his brother would make an idiot of himself and then people wouldn't like Malcolm? or is Malcolm some Trust Fund Kid that applied and wanted to be on Survivor.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #445
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Something is up with Malcolm. He was afraid that his brother would shoot his mouth off, (he just turned 21) and wreck it for him. What did he mean by that.
Was Malcolm worried that his brother would make an idiot of himself and then people wouldn't like Malcolm? or is Malcolm some Trust Fund Kid that applied and wanted to be on Survivor.
Maybe he's been telling everyone he has this dead, Survivor-loving grandmother...
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #446
Reesecup317
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats mom

ITA

I don't hate lisa but I do find her crying about how the game is bigger than her and how she is not meant to play this game annoying. It's great that she tried to make big moves, I wish she would stand behind the moves she tried to make instead of crying and apologizing for trying to make big moves. malcolm and penner both told her they were not mad that she made moves against them but apparently that wasn't enough she wants someone to hold her hand and tell her that everything is going to be okay so she can get through the game.
Reesecup317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #447
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
I don't hate lisa but I do find her crying about how the game is bigger than her and how she is not meant to play this game annoying. It's great that she tried to make big moves, I wish she would stand behind the moves she tried to make instead of crying and apologizing for trying to make big moves. malcolm and penner both told her they were not mad that she made moves against them but apparently that wasn't enough she wants someone to hold her hand and tell her that everything is going to be okay so she can get through the game.

Exactly!
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #448
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

Someone should tell Lisa to act like Blair would. Clearly that would make sense to her!
Erin1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #449
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
I think you're mixing up two things - FUTR is a time-honoured strategy. It's an actual strategy, imo; it works, it's certainly won, either with a cover or alone.

The 'I'm not thinking about the game' I think is not a strategy, it's the git who is used as a pawn or ends up a swing and gets booted immediately thereafter because no one wants that, everyone else is there to play.

As Penner once pointed out - even if you're there 'for the experience' you're in the game regardless. The people actively playing, however, still get to have the experience.

Lisa to me is not at all FUTR or an 'experience' player, she's a wicked mess. There's little more irritating than what I agree is the hypocritical 'oh, I just want to vote with my heart... but I said something to those people I don't like so I couldn't possibly LIE, because I'm a Good Person, see, so I have to vote you out, sad face,' crap. Own it. She seems like she's trying to play by pretending she's just so forced to make moves (which don't even seem to be her moves, she's just wandering over to conversations all 'oooh, well ok.') because she's a Good Person when they're actually super dumb moves that don't look Good, but her entire scheme looks to be centered around preserving her image of herself (which I don't think is at all what she thinks it's coming off as). As Penner was attempting to point out to her in that lagoon conversation.

The people who think they're going to look like the underdogs or the good guys are very, very often sadly deluded because they're so dopey and such unpleasant people to begin with that they have no idea how they come off or how anyone else is or will.
Oh I understand that FUTR is a strategy that can work. An arguement could be made that Sandra is among the best Survivor players ever, and that's her style of play. But she isn't on my list of favorite players, even if she has won twice. Like I said, I prefer players who aren't afraid to orchestrate big bold moves, but I'm looking at if from a what makes for the best entertainment perspective. Obviously those big moves can backfire on the players who made them, but they're sure fun to watch.

I was talking in terms of this season specifically, and since Carter was the only one left who I think could really be considered to be playing a FUTR style game, I connected his I'm not thinking about the game comment. Of course I'm not convinced he had any strategy at all, if he did I didn't find evidence of it in anything he said, so my bad for connecting him with an actual strategy that works, whether I respect it or not.

Quote:

I find some of Lisa's histrionics annoying too, but I think her inner turmoil is genuine. I'm sure she has moments of sanity that get left on the cutting room floor. The producers have obviously decided to cast her as an emotional mess, so that's what we see. I'm willing to cut her more slack than many folks here are.
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #450
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
Oh, also MIG you know them I'm sure, just not by name maybe - Yul and Becky were on the racist season with Penner - Yul won that season, she and he were allies in the finals together.

Tom Weston is the grey-haired firefighter won like every individual immunity challenge in that season with Fairplay I think and the kook old girl scout Lil. He's the one killed the shark with his bare hands.

Mariano is Boston Rob, Eliza is that dark-haired girl looked like a meerkat and was all crafty. She was in Penner's other season and was aligned with him. She also tricked that guy with the long fluffy hair into believing a random stick was the idol when she rehid the stick where the clue had sent them.

James is the gravedigger from China (the season), Heidi is the disturbingly thin even before it started, dead-eyed blonde girl took off her clothes with Jenna Morasca when Jeff gave her peanut butter, the farmer was in the Ramber season, Tom? maybe? And Hogeboom (I may be spelling that wrong) is the NFL player who was hiding his identity except he got placed on the tribe with Danni, the sports broadcaster, who recognized him in .02 seconds - at which point he claimed he had the same first name and played football at the same college as that guy named Hogeboom but gee, that wasn't him, what a funny coincidence.
One of the funniest Survivor moments! Heidi is married to Phillies pitcher Cole Hamels and lives near me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1700 View Post
Someone should tell Lisa to act like Blair would. Clearly that would make sense to her!

Now that Penner is gone, who I think is one of my all time faves, I am Team Malcolm!
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread