Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #31
happygirl
DIS Veteran

If Colton did play again. He didn't make it very far. He didn't look very skinny.LOL
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #32
coneeny4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I don;t remember James leaving the game for medical reaason??

The people they showed on the preview was the black guy and Michael
James left because of a cut on his hand that became infected..if I remember correctly.
CBR October 2006
CBR October 2007
POP April 2008
POP August 2009
CSR August 2010
POR September 2011

coneeny4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #33
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneBanks View Post
Colton's comments did not make the show exciting for me. The fact that Colton was one of only two people that could potentially go against Kim and her group and that being taken away is what made it boring. One less person to go against the group. That is all I am saying. I couldn't stand Colton.
I get it. Neither could I stand him. Even the reunion show made me cringe. When the camera would catch him during cast reactions he never seemed to be smiling, just going through the motions. I know it is impossible to know what a person is really thinking or feeling but he never seemed genuinely sorry for those horrible comments.
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #34
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkkinsmom View Post
OOOOOOH! I forgot about James! Please please please please please!!!
Yes PLEASE!

And NO Colton!!

"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #35
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
I don;t remember James leaving the game for medical reaason??

The people they showed on the preview was the black guy and Michael
I didn't see the previews. I found it on youtube, and the preview seems to show all the people who have been taken out. James was taken out because he cut his finger and got a nasty infection. His second time in the game he was voted out after hurting his knee and could barely walk let alone compete.

My money is on Colton, Kourtney, and Russell. I don't think Skupin wants to play again or he would have been in one of the all-star type seasons.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #36
daughtersrus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
I didn't see the previews. I found it on youtube, and the preview seems to show all the people who have been taken out. James was taken out because he cut his finger and got a nasty infection. His second time in the game he was voted out after hurting his knee and could barely walk let alone compete.

My money is on Colton, Kourtney, and Russell. I don't think Skupin wants to play again or he would have been in one of the all-star type seasons.
I would have thought that if Kourtney was one of them coming back that they would have at least talked to her at the reunion show. She left the first episode so many viewers don't even remember her.
daughtersrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #37
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

Colton didn't make this season interesting for me. I don't mind blindsides, backstabbing and deceit but none of that was Coltons game. His behavior was appalling and disgusting. He was a bully.

I would love to see Jonathan Penner play again but I doubt he will.

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #38
traviesojmt
DIS Veteran

Location: Wherever the USAF sends us, which is currently Colorado

Can someone tell me if I heard correctly or misheard some info? During the preview for next season, I thought that they said 3 tribes. Did I hear that incorrectly?

I went digging and found this article that reports to know the names of the 3 returning tribe members. It also talks about 3 tribes. I will just post the article link in case anyone does not want spoilers.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...ibes-returnees
1996 - Day Trip**2000 - All-Star Sports**2001 - POFQ**2005 - Shades of Green/Animal Kingdom Lodge - 12 DAYS YEAH** Aug 2006 - POFQ - 10 Days** Feb 2007 - Pop Century - 10 days**June 18-21, 2007 - Beach Club Resort - 1st trip without the kids.**June 20-July 2, 2008 - SOG**May 26-June 6, 2009 - Beach Club/Contemporary**May 30-June 4, 2010 - POFQ **May 28-June 8, 2011 Coronado Springs**May 29-June 8, 2013 - Beach Club/Animal Kingdom Villas

Last edited by traviesojmt; 05-14-2012 at 12:33 PM.
traviesojmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #39
ILoveToRun
Mouseketeer

I hope one of them is James, but since he's played 3 times, I bet it'll be Russell. And yes, James has been removed twice because of injury: Micronesia because of a cut on his hands, I think because of a coconut, and in HvV during a reward challenge for chocolate, he busted his knee.

I wasn't a fan of Russell though because he had this weird provider/masculine complex about him that seemed like he just tried too hard. But, of the choices, he's up there since the others are less interesting to me and Colton sucks.

As for those who have played back to back, here's the list of people that I can think of:

Rupert: Pearl Islands then All-Stars
Amanda: China then Micronesia
James: China then Micronesia
Russell: Samoa then Heroes vs. Villains
ILoveToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #40
SideshowBob
Oil Can aficionado
Screams like a little girl
Doesn't like things that go "bump" in the night
Is a SUPERSTAR!HOT as Heckuba here right now

Quote:
Thanks Sadly the only one I remember is Michael from season 2
I had a conversation with him at an Orlando event about a year and half ago and he said that they had talked with him about returning one day in the future. He said that we was keeping in good shape and really hoped for it to work out ... so I really think he could/should be one. He is a nice and interesting person so I hope so.

"The Enemy's Gate is Down!"
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #41
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
List of players who were taken out due to medical reasons:
Likely to return
Colton Cumbie - The Producers know he was a polarizing player, and will bring him back for that reason alone.
Russell Swan - Possibly the scariest removal in Survivor history. I think we will be seeing Russell again.
Kourtney Moon - Broke her wrist because she couldn't follow a simple game direction, but never had a chance, we may see her next season.
Michael Skupin - Would love to see him back in the game, but it has been a long time, probably won't be one of the returnees.

Possible, but doubtful
Jonathon Penner - Played twice, so unlikely he will be returning
James Clement - Played twice, unlikely he will be returning. Besides, he was voted out with two immunity idols in his pocket the first time he played.

Slim chances
Gary Stritesky - Even after reading about him he doesn't ring a bell, doubtful he will return.
Bruce Kanegai - Vaguely remember him, but doubtful he returns.

No chance.

Mike Borassi - Vaguely remember him, Russel Swan was a more memorable player from that season, doubtful he will return
Joe Dowdle - Like Gary, not memorable, doubtful he will return
Bruce Kanegai - Vaguely remember him, but doubtful he returns.
Love your analysis. I read those names, thinking I've watched every season of Survivor and could not remember some of them. I'd love to see the three returnees be Mike Skupin, Russell Swan and James Clement (even though it was his second time when he was taken out).
Old 05-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #42
Aetheline
Earning My Ears

Bruce Kanegai.....did he have a nickname on the show? I remember him and him leaving, but the name is not ringing a bell (which isn't too strange, I'm not always the best with names.)
Aetheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #43
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveToRun View Post
I hope one of them is James, but since he's played 3 times, I bet it'll be Russell. And yes, James has been removed twice because of injury: Micronesia because of a cut on his hands, I think because of a coconut, and in HvV during a reward challenge for chocolate, he busted his knee.

I wasn't a fan of Russell though because he had this weird provider/masculine complex about him that seemed like he just tried too hard. But, of the choices, he's up there since the others are less interesting to me and Colton sucks.

As for those who have played back to back, here's the list of people that I can think of:

Rupert: Pearl Islands then All-Stars
Amanda: China then Micronesia
James: China then Micronesia
Russell: Samoa then Heroes vs. Villains
Wasn't there a girl (Stephanie?) who played back to back? I remember her being in the season where they were in the Mayan jungle and she had come off of a season where she was the only player on her tribe left at the merge.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #44
ILoveToRun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Wasn't there a girl (Stephanie?) who played back to back? I remember her being in the season where they were in the Mayan jungle and she had come off of a season where she was the only player on her tribe left at the merge.
Oh yeah! Stephanie was on Palau then Guatemala. And her cast mate Bobby Jon did too.
ILoveToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #45
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveToRun View Post
Oh yeah! Stephanie was on Palau then Guatemala. And her cast mate Bobby Jon did too.
I wish I was that good at recalling important information..like how to balance my checkbook or do long division.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: