Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #421
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
Oh no no, not oops you, oops me! It's completely fair game to talk about it in the show thread the day after; I meant I was dippy and didn't think that I was still behind one ep when I came in the thread. Totally my own fault.

Since Penner is gone I kind of cease to care really - I watch intermittantly (season-wise, like sometimes I'll watch, some seasons I'll miss the beginning and never get into it). I haven't watched in a few seasons and Penner (my fave contestant ever) drew me back in. I don't care who wins at this point, just as long as it's neither Skupin nor Welchel.

Which, if they are deliberately keeping Abi, I'd guess it's because everyone would think they'd want to go up against her in the finals. That's how Penner was trying to sell himself to people - as the perfect final partner. Though obviously there's more downside to having Abi around (and I think Penner had a good finals argument for himself and she doesn't besides the 'everyone hates me and I'm still here' thing; it's only a few days left, if they've put up with her that long...

You like Rupert? My most despised player ever.
Yes, I like Rupert. I actually didn't like him at first, when he stole shoes from the other players. But he grew on me. I liked Russell too. I agree they're probably keeping Abi around because they know she is not well liked and they can beat her in the end as she probably wouldn't get any jury votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgail2 View Post
I can't believe that Abi is still there- at this point I would love to see it be Stupin, Malcom and Denis the final three-- Lisa is SO annoying she really needs some kind of mental help because she is just a nutter! Abi is just a downright idiot.
I don't think Lisa is a nutter, I think she just has a hard time with lying. Plus she was going through a nasty divorce and had been married a long time, I think, so that's on her mind too. I'm hoping for Malcom or Denise to win, but would be just as happy with Skupin or Lisa winning too.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #422
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Oh, also MIG you know them I'm sure, just not by name maybe - Yul and Becky were on the racist season with Penner - Yul won that season, she and he were allies in the finals together.

Tom Weston is the grey-haired firefighter won like every individual immunity challenge in that season with Fairplay I think and the kook old girl scout Lil. He's the one killed the shark with his bare hands.

Mariano is Boston Rob, Eliza is that dark-haired girl looked like a meerkat and was all crafty. She was in Penner's other season and was aligned with him. She also tricked that guy with the long fluffy hair into believing a random stick was the idol when she rehid the stick where the clue had sent them.

James is the gravedigger from China (the season), Heidi is the disturbingly thin even before it started, dead-eyed blonde girl took off her clothes with Jenna Morasca when Jeff gave her peanut butter, the farmer was in the Ramber season, Tom? maybe? And Hogeboom (I may be spelling that wrong) is the NFL player who was hiding his identity except he got placed on the tribe with Danni, the sports broadcaster, who recognized him in .02 seconds - at which point he claimed he had the same first name and played football at the same college as that guy named Hogeboom but gee, that wasn't him, what a funny coincidence.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #423
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I don't see why the hate for Lisa Whechel sp?.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #424
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I don't see why the hate for Lisa Whechel sp?.
She's awful. As far as I can tell, she's dumb, she's not playing, she appears to wander around and stand, wide-eyed, while other people have discussions, then go along.

I have no earthly idea what she's doing and it doesn't seem she does either. She's a dolt - she's aligned with Skupin, a total nutjob and deeply dumb and neither of those is a secret.

She's thrown people over for no good reason - she seems to be pretending like she's innocent and just wants to do good - as Penner said, 'cut the crap.' She's like 50, she came on Survivor. Play or don't, but the idiocy she's engaging in is like someone stepping up to a high-stakes poker game thinking it's cute they'll be all 'oooh, gambling, that's bad but I'll try!' and throwing off the other players' games.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #425
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Lisa is dumb? Perhaps....but then again, she IS in the final 5.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #426
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Lisa is dumb? Perhaps....but then again, she IS in the final 5.

I loved how she has said all along that she would stick to her word but as soon as her brother told her to do it she felt it was perfectly justifiable. The more I watch her the less I like her. Stop pretending to be Miss Goody Goody.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #427
happygirl
DIS Veteran

I have a feeling that she will make top 3
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #428
lucas
°o°

I wish Lisa had "started playing" before she booted out Penner.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #429
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Does anyone else think the final twist will be that they are going back to having a final 2 instead of a final 3? Right now you have 6 people on the Jury, RC, Jeff, Pete, Altis, Penner, and Carter. There are 5 people left in the game, Lisa, Skupin, Malcolm, Denise, and Abi. For a final 3 you would have a jury of 8 which has a strong possibility of a tie in the final voting, final 2 would have 9 jury members and no chance at a tie. With everyone trying to make the final 3, having it go to 2 would be a big twist. If I was playing Survivor I would have plans for who was going to the final 3, but would also be sure to have someone I could beat in a final 2 scenario be in that group. "Hi Abi, here's my plan, just keep your mouth shut about it..."

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #430
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
I wish Lisa had "started playing" before she booted out Penner.
I think she sort of was and he knew it, hence the exasperated 'cut the crap.'

Penner, Penner, Penner, they weren't going to trust you regardless, and they're easy to mess with. Lie, lie, lie. Flip, flip, flip.

Quote:
Does anyone else think the final twist will be that they are going back to having a final 2 instead of a final 3?
Yeah, when Probst said X was the first member of the jury, had to be 2 (well or four I suppose but that'd be decidedly odd).
Old 12-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #431
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Does anyone else think the final twist will be that they are going back to having a final 2 instead of a final 3? Right now you have 6 people on the Jury, RC, Jeff, Pete, Altis, Penner, and Carter. There are 5 people left in the game, Lisa, Skupin, Malcolm, Denise, and Abi. For a final 3 you would have a jury of 8 which has a strong possibility of a tie in the final voting, final 2 would have 9 jury members and no chance at a tie. With everyone trying to make the final 3, having it go to 2 would be a big twist. If I was playing Survivor I would have plans for who was going to the final 3, but would also be sure to have someone I could beat in a final 2 scenario be in that group. "Hi Abi, here's my plan, just keep your mouth shut about it..."
I think it's a very good possibility. If it's a final two... you really do want Abi with you. You are a shoe-in to win.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #432
thegales
Mouseketeer
Says he is happy tagless but the Tag Fairy ain't buying it!

I think it is going to be two in the finals. Jeff made a comment last night about who you wanted to sit next to at the final tribal. The way he said made me think there would only be two.

aka lifeof in Chat

June 16, 2012 Eastern Cruise / December 18, 2010 11 Day Southern Caribbean / November 21, 2007 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / July 15, 2006 Western / November 23, 2005 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / October 9, 2004 Western Cruise / June 14, 2003 Eastern Cruise

thegales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #433
PlutosFriend
Spoke too soon
The little ones are sometimes cuter
It must be true!

I am hoping for Malcom to win the million. He sure is sitting in a great spot right now. Lisa just gets on my nerves.
PlutosFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #434
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

I don't care what anyone says on this game. Everyone is doing it for the money. If you were doing it for the experience you go on vacation and hire some guide to trek you into the jungle and teach you survivor skills

That said you want to have people with you who can play the physical game and mental game but make no mistake when you get down to the last half dozen people you turn your focus to not who the power players are but who are the lazy ones who slipped through or who are the hated players like Abby who if you sit next to them you can show why you deserve the mil over them

I HATE players who get in the jury and moan that THEY are the better player and deserve to win. Noooo if you were the better player you would be in the final 2. The game is Out wit Out play Out last. If you are in the jury you didn't do those

Shut up and deal with the fact that you got got. Someone out played you and that's that
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #435
daughtersrus
DIS Veteran

If Malcom win immunity next week, what are the chances that he gives the hidden immunity idol away since it's the last tribal he can use it? Maybe Denise?
daughtersrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: