Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #406
mamamary
DIS Veteran

I would think the players would love for Abi to go with them to the end because no one on the jury would give her the vote.

I was sorry to see Penner go - he seemed like a really nice guy.

me dh ds (16) dd (15) and Baxter (my 7 year old lab - rescued from a shelter)

mamamary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #407
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

I thought Penner was making a huge mistake when he didn't jump at the chance to settle the final 4. Looks like that's what came back to bite him. I honestly don't recall caring about him at all when he was on before, but did enjoy him this season.
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #408
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

I wish they would make it a little like big brother and show us the reactions once each person joins the jury

I'd like to see the reactions more then boring life at camp
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #409
Tinkerbelle's Mom
Will clean houses for tags!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
I wish they would make it a little like big brother and show us the reactions once each person joins the jury

I'd like to see the reactions more then boring life at camp
If you go to the CBS website, find the survivor page. On there is a section called Ponderosa - this is the place where the jury members stay. You get to see all kinds of awesome footage.

My daughter and I love it!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #410
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle's Mom View Post
If you go to the CBS website, find the survivor page. On there is a section called Ponderosa - this is the place where the jury members stay. You get to see all kinds of awesome footage.

My daughter and I love it!
Only they don't show it to anyone outside the boarder

In Canada and never get to see it
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #411
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Only they don't show it to anyone outside the boarder

In Canada and never get to see it
Check youtube, you should be able to watch them there.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #412
Kurby

Thanks. I didn't think of that

Just watched them and boy are these people a bunch of boring babies
Old 12-04-2012, 01:05 AM   #413
Tinkerbelle's Mom
Will clean houses for tags!

Quote:
Thanks. I didn't think of that

Just watched them and boy are these people a bunch of boring babies
I agree! They are also the most bitter jury since the first one. The final tribal council should be interesting!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #414
cornflake
DIS Veteran

I had a bunch of episodes to catch up on.

Can't believe they voted out Penner. Poor Penner - this is not the game for him, the other people playing it are too stupid.

Though that was poor gameplay - he should have tried to align with Denise and Malcolm not the two loony tune, dumb, nutjobs.

Figures Welchel and Skupin would team up. She seemed normal for a couple episodes, but the crazy started leaking out and now she's just exactly what one might have suspected. Skupin has been a dumb nutter since Australia and clearly nothing has changed. Sigh. Penner - WHY? Why try to involve those two in gameplay? Play them! Lie to their faces, they'd have believed you, they've got like five functioning neurons between them.

Also can't believe he spent money and didn't wait for the advantage. The second Jeff said there was no sharing of money I was all 'but the advantage...' because there's always an advantage and power is a zero-sum game in Survivor. You do not want Abi to have it. Abi is dumb but she's not that dumb; she was waiting on it.

I thought others would too and then wondered what the heck would happen if three people all bid at once and if sharing money meant lending money but apparently... sigh.

From the other eps - I laughed when Abi cried. Nuts, a season full of unstable nuts. Speaking of - Jeff Kent I can't believe. That exit TH was maybe the grossest I've ever seen.

I don't follow baseball, a friend of mine does but doesn't follow Survivor, but knew he was on. Right after I saw that, I called up and said 'omg, Jeff Kent is a complete ... (unfamily friendly version of) tool' and got, in reply 'yeah, it's Jeff Kent.' Apparently he's know for being a total jerk and a half; I was told that was his defining characteristic.

I presume Malcolm or Denise will win this, because Skupin and Welchel are ... which isn't bad but Penner TOLD you people. Listen!

Sigh. Poor Penner.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #415
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

And they still didn't vote Abi off! Although I understand why they're keeping her around I just want her gone! Nice that 3 of them could have their loved ones with them overnight in camp, but I felt bad for Denise. Hopefully next week will be Abi's turn to get voted off.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:53 AM   #416
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
And they still didn't vote Abi off! Although I understand why they're keeping her around I just want her gone! Nice that 3 of them could have their loved ones with them overnight in camp, but I felt bad for Denise. Hopefully next week will be Abi's turn to get voted off.
Apparently I did not catch up far enough! Oops! Heh. I got discouraged when Penner got the boot - the 'Denise!' from the er... voting area was hilarious, as was his spelling it wrong.

I wondered if that was just a tribute to the endless parade of moronic contestants who can't spell (I remember seeing, among other things, I think it was 'Johnathen') or if it was some inside joke.

I want like, Survivor:random island, Smart vs. Dumb.

Penner, Yul, Becky, Mariano, Tom Weston, maybe that astronaut, he wasn't a good player but he wasn't dumb, Eliza.

vs.

Rupert (king of the that theoretical tribe), Skupin, that guy Eliza fooled into thinking a stick was the idol, James, that farmer guy no one could understand, "Fairplay," Heidi, Hogeboom, the list of possibilities is kind of endless.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:03 AM   #417
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
Apparently I did not catch up far enough! Oops! Heh. I got discouraged when Penner got the boot - the 'Denise!' from the er... voting area was hilarious, as was his spelling it wrong.

I wondered if that was just a tribute to the endless parade of moronic contestants who can't spell (I remember seeing, among other things, I think it was 'Johnathen') or if it was some inside joke.

I want like, Survivor:random island, Smart vs. Dumb.

Penner, Yul, Becky, Mariano, Tom Weston, maybe that astronaut, he wasn't a good player but he wasn't dumb, Eliza.

vs.

Rupert (king of the that theoretical tribe), Skupin, that guy Eliza fooled into thinking a stick was the idol, James, that farmer guy no one could understand, "Fairplay," Heidi, Hogeboom, the list of possibilities is kind of endless.
Oh, I'm sorry if I spoiled it for you. I didn't post last night, because west-coast people hadn't seen it yet but I thought it would be okay this morning. I'm sorry.

Even though I've watched every single episode of "Survivor" since it first started, I can't remember some of the people you mentioned. Definitely love Rupert though, would love to see him come back again! Johnny Fairplay? Not so much. I haven't forgiven him for when he lied about his Grandmother dying.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #418
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
Oh, I'm sorry if I spoiled it for you. I didn't post last night, because west-coast people hadn't seen it yet but I thought it would be okay this morning. I'm sorry.

Even though I've watched every single episode of "Survivor" since it first started, I can't remember some of the people you mentioned. Definitely love Rupert though, would love to see him come back again! Johnny Fairplay? Not so much. I haven't forgiven him for when he lied about his Grandmother dying.
Oh no no, not oops you, oops me! It's completely fair game to talk about it in the show thread the day after; I meant I was dippy and didn't think that I was still behind one ep when I came in the thread. Totally my own fault.

Since Penner is gone I kind of cease to care really - I watch intermittantly (season-wise, like sometimes I'll watch, some seasons I'll miss the beginning and never get into it). I haven't watched in a few seasons and Penner (my fave contestant ever) drew me back in. I don't care who wins at this point, just as long as it's neither Skupin nor Welchel.

Which, if they are deliberately keeping Abi, I'd guess it's because everyone would think they'd want to go up against her in the finals. That's how Penner was trying to sell himself to people - as the perfect final partner. Though obviously there's more downside to having Abi around (and I think Penner had a good finals argument for himself and she doesn't besides the 'everyone hates me and I'm still here' thing; it's only a few days left, if they've put up with her that long...

You like Rupert? My most despised player ever.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #419
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

I can't believe that Abi is still there- at this point I would love to see it be Stupin, Malcom and Denis the final three-- Lisa is SO annoying she really needs some kind of mental help because she is just a nutter! Abi is just a downright idiot.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:18 AM   #420
Reesecup317
Earning My Ears

penner said in his exit interviews that he spelled Denise "denies" because of a conversation they had. I think Penner should have accepted blair warner's offer for final 4 and flipped on her when he was ready if he didn't want to go to the end with her. i am going to miss Penner he was so much fun this season.
Reesecup317 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: