Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #391
Mom2Ashli
DIS Cast Member
People are after my thread killing powers!

I had a feeling that Abi would not be going home. And it seemed like the whole show was rigged that way to help her stay. Seriously, the whole season she has only participated in 3 challenges and she sucks at them. And they give her one that all she has to do is untie knots! Give me a break. Abi sees what everyone else is doing wrong, but she can’t see how she treated everyone for 20 something days before they told her how mean she was. She just can't understand why people don't like her. Hope she sees things differently after she is sitting at home watching the show. One can only hope.

I AM LAST
Mom2Ashli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #392
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

I thought Penner was whistling the Survivor theme song. Now I wish I hadn't deleted it.
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #393
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
She didn't have a lot of strategy, just lucky.
I can't stand the girl, BUT I will have to say, she played a good game this week. Holding onto her money knowing from past Survivor auctions there would be an advantage at some point, faking everyone out with the fake idol, reading the first message out of supposedly two messages on the note... really HATE to admit it, but great strategy there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidmickey:myantidrug View Post
I was just baffled. Opening your bid at $500? Who are you, and what are you thinking?
Again, GREAT strategy of Abi's! She jumped in as soon as the word "advantage" was out of Jeff's mouth, giving no one else a chance at bidding against her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
Did anyone else think the last part of the immunity challenge was rigged? Why were the first two parts physical but the last one they only had to untie knots? It was a big Hmmmm moment for me...like they were setting Abi up to win.
I too am very suspicious of that challenge. Seems like it was designed specifically for Abi to win, especially bc they didn't even use the big ropes for the knots - they used very thin cords easily undone by her tiny fingers (as opposed to a man's). Just reeks of interference by the producers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegales View Post
Did anyone notice what Penner was whistling as he was leaving. I am fairly certain it was the theme from The Facts of Life.
OOOOOH! Good catch there!! I was wondering why he was so deliberate in whistling that tune. I need to go rewatch online! (I'm over 40 and loved that show - can't believe I didn't catch that!)

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You, #40 Dragonfly in Amber

Currently reading: #41 Voyager

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #394
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
I too am very suspicious of that challenge. Seems like it was designed specifically for Abi to win, especially bc they didn't even use the big ropes for the knots - they used very thin cords easily undone by her tiny fingers (as opposed to a man's). Just reeks of interference by the producers.
I thought the same thing.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #395
Mickeynutty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
I thought Penner was whistling the Survivor theme song. Now I wish I hadn't deleted it.
So, I re-watched the end of the episode. I think Penner WAS whistling the Survivor theme song. I think The Facts of Life theme would have been funnier!
Mickeynutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #396
Arsenal1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeynutty View Post
So, I re-watched the end of the episode. I think Penner WAS whistling the Survivor theme song. I think The Facts of Life theme would have been funnier!
That's what I thought too. It sounded like the Survivor theme song.
Arsenal1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #397
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsDragonflies View Post
I cannot stand Abi. If she becomes a final three I'll just stop watching, how they can all stand having her around is beyond me.
I wouldn't stop at that point. Finally TC will be very entertaining if she's there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegales View Post
Did anyone notice what Penner was whistling as he was leaving. I am fairly certain it was the theme from The Facts of Life.
I couldn't make it out, or what he was doing. Penner was making some kind of movement in the trees, making like he was leaving, then coming back, just dragging it out.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #398
Maggie Lizer
DIS Veteran

Abi-Maria is a [word I can't use here] and would not get any votes at FTC, so I can see the appeal of keeping someone like that around. If I were Lisa and Skupin, I'd be worried about a Carter immunity run (where the heck did he come from, and darn if he isn't really performing in these IC's) and ending up with a F3 of Skupin, Lisa and Carter. Carter likely wins that match up.

As awful as Abi-Maria is, it will be funny if she is out next week and has to spend time with the other jury members. The fireworks between her and RC would be awesome.

First trip with DS2 4/29 - 5/8/14.

Maggie Lizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #399
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Anyone else spend the episodes simply enjoying the faces Carter makes? I mean seriously...looks like there isn't a thought at all in that head.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #400
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Anyone else spend the episodes simply enjoying the faces Carter makes? I mean seriously...looks like there isn't a thought at all in that head.
LOL I was thinking that too.
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #401
Sanchez
DIS Veteran

I am skeptical about the "reality" of Abi Maria winning immunity. Nevertheless, it would be a great strategy to bring her to the final.

I was amused that Jeff Probst cannot properly say the word potato. It was more like Buh-tay-tuh.
Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #402
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez View Post
I was amused that Jeff Probst cannot properly say the word potato. It was more like Buh-tay-tuh.
I say it like that sometimes - it's just a slangy way of saying potato. Maybe it's a regional dialect type of thing. I'm from the midwest and Jeff was born in Kansas.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #403
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
It goes instantly from 4 to 2?
I knew someone would bust me on that - no, I'm just meaning I don't believe when we get to the "final 3" that it will be time to vote for the winner. There'll still be 1 elimination left.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #404
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
Again, GREAT strategy of Abi's! She jumped in as soon as the word "advantage" was out of Jeff's mouth, giving no one else a chance at bidding against her.
Agreed - ditto for those who just jumped straight to $500 when they saw the food they wanted. Wasn't like you'd be able to eat 2 jumbo sandwiches, so just jump to $500 when you see what you want.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #405
jdtopgun71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC

Lisa's rock?

Jell-O could be her rock. She's a head case.

If I were there I'd want to go to final 3 with Abi & Lisa.
I agree. Anyone who can make it to final 3 with them to wins. No one will vote for Abi and I sure Jonathan will tell Kurt who Lisa is so those two will get no jury votes.
CBR Apr 2005/CSR Apr 2006/Hilton Grand Vacation Seaworld Mar 2008/HGVC Tuscany Jan 2009 (Took DS to WDW College Program)/HGVC Seaworld Apr 2009/WL Villas June 2010/POR Riverside 2010/HGVC Parc Soleil Nov 2011/HGVC Seaworld Dec 2011/Wyndham Lake Buena Vista/WL Villas June 2012/HGVC Seaworld Dec 2012

Me (43) DW (47) DS (24)DD (18)DD (17)
jdtopgun71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: