Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #286
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I would have got rid of Pete. He the strongest link of that tribe
They went for Artis because they knew Abi would not give her idol to him. She may have with Pete and so they couldn't take that chance. Smart of them in my opinion.
threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #287
Disney Hot Mama
DIS Veteran
Onion haters unite!

shoot, I need to NOT read this before it airs here.... We are West Coast and it doesn't start for another hour plus...

Disneyland at least monthly BUT WDW July 16 - 22, 2011, June 21 - 29, 2009 - AKL and VWL here we come! OKW 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004, 2003 & 2002 , 1999 - FW & numerous trips as a kid!
Disney Hot Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #288
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Why not keep abi? I hate her on the show, but she's a loose cannon and that's helpful if you're against her. Think of the information she's spewed and the damage she's done to her alliance. If I were the opposing side, I'd want that around.

That being said, I don't understand how Lisa still voted for penner to tonight. Blows my mind.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #289
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
Lisa Whelchel is known for her time on "The Facts of Life," but now she is on "Survivor: Philippines." On Nov. 14, shocking news came out about her that had fans concerned.

Lisa went to her Facebook to let fans know what was going on with her health. She said: "Dr. just called with blood test results...I have West Nile. Ugh. I'm fine, just tired. Takes a year to recover. " This come as shocking news to fans. You have to wonder if she picked it up while in the Philippines on "Survivor."

A bit later she updated fans one more time saying: "I've been very touched by all the sweet tweets. Other than tired, I'm feeling fine & expecting a full recovery.
Does she live in Texas? Because Texas has more West Nile cases than any other place in the US.
EMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #290
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Yeah, I didn't get why Lisa still voted with her old tribe (for Penner). This need to stay with them when they've done nothing for her is just stupid. And I loved the look on Artis's face when they read his first vote. He did not see that coming.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #291
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

I didn't mind seeing Artis go, never really liked him. And I'm glad it broke up the threesome of Abi, Artis and Pete. Loved seeing the looks on their faces, especially Abi.

I wish they'd get rid of Abi, but I understand why they don't. Take her to the final, nobody would vote for her. She is super annoying though.

Sorry to hear about Lisa having West Nile, wow!

Can't wait to see what is said next week, directly after their tribal council and they get back to camp. It's going to be interesting I'm sure!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #292
The Mayor
How about 7"...6" is for rookies
It's the CB, it's not supposed to make sense

This is one of the best seasons evah!!! The look on Abi's face during the whole tribal council and when Artis was voted out, was beyond priceless. I think she realizes that her and Pete's *** are on the line next and they are no longer controlling the game. Love it that Suppen switched but puzzled that Lisa didn't.

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid".--John Wayne

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be." -- John Wayne
The Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #293
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

I guess I missed that Lisa didn't switch her vote. Perhaps she wanted to able to say "Well at least I kept loyal." Somehow I can't see that working for her very long.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #294
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgail2 View Post
I hated Boston Rob- I think because his accent made my ears bleed!
Ditto! Especially when he said "Am-BUH".

Lisa is trying too hard to be the good girl who keeps her promises. She did say, IIRC, earlier in the season that real life and the show were two different things and that the same behaviors didn't apply, but I think she's just having a hard time with that. Hopefully, she smartens up.

Would love to see Penner, Skupin and Lisa in the final 3.

Not sure if this has been posted, but it's an interview in People with Jeff Kent. Sounds like an ***. (There are no spoilers.) Funny how he disses Lisa so much, and SHE is still in the game, and he isn't.

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/...646378,00.html

Sunday November 11, 2012 04:00 PM EST
Survivor's Jeff Kent: Lisa Whelchel Has No Game

Jeff Kent Monty Brinton/CBS

by Steve Helling

Jeff Kent, the retired major league baseball MVP, made it 22 days on Survivor: Philippines before the tribe voted him out in a move spearheaded by The Facts of Life star Lisa Whelchel.

Still unhappy about his premature evacuation, Kent talks to PEOPLE about his Survivor game – and what he really thinks about his tribe mates (and it's not always pretty).

You kept your identity a secret. Was it weird to be around people who didn't recognize you?
I absolutely cherished it. It was great to go somewhere and not be put on a pedestal. I was happy to negotiate and be told no, and to communicate with these people who were 20- and 30-years-old. I'm a lot like these people.

RELATED: Survivor: Stephen Fishbach Blogs About Wednesday Night's Surprise Ouster

But you made it clear in your parting words that you made $60 million playing baseball.
I'm a normal guy. I don't live in a big old mansion and drive Ferraris. I wash my trucks and scout baseball and go to church. I do all sorts of things that normal people do.

You said last night that Lisa Whelchel was naïve. Did that change when you saw how she's playing the game?
She never played the game. She stood around in groups and during the conversations said, "I'll do what you tell me to do." She never once showed in any conversation that she was trying to play the game. We were ripping on her for not having any strategy.

But perhaps her strategy was to go with the flow until she needed to make a big move.
Absolutely not. She had no strategy at all.

So even though her move resulted in you being voted off, you maintain she had no strategy?
She had no game. No clue at all. She was fighting her morals and ethics, worried about lying. And then she starts lying to people. The way she played the game really hurt her chances.

If she's not playing the game, who is?
That's the thing: these people weren't playing the game. They weren't playing well at all. I got out there and was playing hard, but I think I was the only one sometimes.

RELATED: Survivor: RC Describes 'Helpless Feeling' of Being Backstabbed

Who is responsible for you being voted off?
Mike Skupin. He lied through his teeth to me. He was a puppy dog through the entire game, really wishy-washy. And he said he was on my side, but he really wasn't. So I blame him.

Will you assess the remaining players in the game?
Pete is the buffest non-athlete I ever saw. Abi is ornery; she probably pissed off her mother when she was born. Artis is quiet, reserved and angry. Lisa is naíve and isn't cut out for the game. As for Mike Skupin, we called him 'Stupin' for a very good reason. He's totally clueless.

Wow. What about the people on your tribe?
Carter is lonely, yet loyal. He was easy to manipulate. But he got stronger out there, and I got to really trust him. ... Malcolm is like a varsity quarterback. He's a good-looking guy, and you can see his brain working, but he overthinks things. Denise is physically fit and a workaholic, but she had no strategic game; I couldn't get her to side with me ... And Jonathan Penner is intelligent and resilient, but he needed to go.

You have some harsh words for some of them. When you vote for a winner, what will be your criteria?
It won't be about who deserves it; It'll be about who earned it. I am giving a championship ring to someone who worked hard to win and made the right moves. It just so happens that a million dollars go with it.

Thanks for the interview.
You're welcome. I'm still upset about getting voted off. I hope I can get over my bitterness someday.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #295
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

At least he admits he's bitter.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #296
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Sounded honest, he didn't try to sugar coat how he felt and he wasn't mean about it.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #297
Libby X 3
LibbyLibbyLibby
Once again I am clueless about X-men
You shouldn't be that way Tarts need toys too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
At least he admits he's bitter.
Definitely bitter!

Libby X 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #298
Pembo
OH-IO

Poor Jeff Kent....whiny loser! Did you read the interview where he said he wants to play the game again?! The guy who said that returning players shouldn't be there?! LOL
Old 11-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #299
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

In Jeff's quasi-defense, he devoted his life to playing baseball, which has a defined set of rules. You either follow them, or you don't. I think his issue with Survivor and the other contestants is, they didn't have the same style of game play as he did. He charged in with a plan, determined to win. Sometimes this works, but it didn't for him for a number of reasons. We've seen players with a variety of strategies make it to the end--as viewers, we may prefer to see certain strategies work, but sometimes you get the coat-tail people there, sometimes the "never won a challenge" people, sometimes the "give it 1000%" people.

In Jeff's case, he lost his focus on the end game, and focused too much on getting rid of Penner specifically.

P.S. When Malcolm said he taught in Micronesia for a year, my DD17 declared him "perfect!" She wants to teach abroad, and wouldn't mind some eye-candy when she does it...
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #300
Pembo
OH-IO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom View Post
In Jeff's quasi-defense, he devoted his life to playing baseball, which has a defined set of rules. You either follow them, or you don't. I think his issue with Survivor and the other contestants is, they didn't have the same style of game play as he did. He charged in with a plan, determined to win. Sometimes this works, but it didn't for him for a number of reasons. We've seen players with a variety of strategies make it to the end--as viewers, we may prefer to see certain strategies work, but sometimes you get the coat-tail people there, sometimes the "never won a challenge" people, sometimes the "give it 1000%" people.

In Jeff's case, he lost his focus on the end game, and focused too much on getting rid of Penner specifically.

P.S. When Malcolm said he taught in Micronesia for a year, my DD17 declared him "perfect!" She wants to teach abroad, and wouldn't mind some eye-candy when she does it...

DH said that Jeff Kent was also one of the biggest jerks to play baseball and was not liked in the league! I stand by "whiny-loser".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: