Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2012, 08:34 AM   #16
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesojmt View Post
I found this website that listed those who evacuated as of Jan. 2011. I am really praying it is not Colton. I can't listen to his voice without wanting claw my ears off of my head.

http://steven-fife.suite101.com/reme...e-game-a338250
Thanks Sadly the only one I remember is Michael from season 2
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #17
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

I'd like to see Russ return. That's the guy who fainted while pushing the big ball-cage. Wasn't he on the same season as Russel Hantz's first season? I also like Mike from the OUtback.
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #18
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

List of players who were taken out due to medical reasons:
Likely to return
Colton Cumbie - The Producers know he was a polarizing player, and will bring him back for that reason alone.
Russell Swan - Possibly the scariest removal in Survivor history. I think we will be seeing Russell again.
Kourtney Moon - Broke her wrist because she couldn't follow a simple game direction, but never had a chance, we may see her next season.
Michael Skupin - Would love to see him back in the game, but it has been a long time, probably won't be one of the returnees.

Possible, but doubtful
Jonathon Penner - Played twice, so unlikely he will be returning
James Clement - Played twice, unlikely he will be returning. Besides, he was voted out with two immunity idols in his pocket the first time he played.

Slim chances
Gary Stritesky - Even after reading about him he doesn't ring a bell, doubtful he will return.
Bruce Kanegai - Vaguely remember him, but doubtful he returns.

No chance.

Mike Borassi - Vaguely remember him, Russel Swan was a more memorable player from that season, doubtful he will return
Joe Dowdle - Like Gary, not memorable, doubtful he will return

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #19
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
List of players who were taken out due to medical reasons:
Likely to return
Colton Cumbie - The Producers know he was a polarizing player, and will bring him back for that reason alone.
Russell Swan - Possibly the scariest removal in Survivor history. I think we will be seeing Russell again.
Kourtney Moon - Broke her wrist because she couldn't follow a simple game direction, but never had a chance, we may see her next season.
Michael Skupin - Would love to see him back in the game, but it has been a long time, probably won't be one of the returnees.

Possible, but doubtful
Jonathon Penner - Played twice, so unlikely he will be returning
James Clement - Played twice, unlikely he will be returning. Besides, he was voted out with two immunity idols in his pocket the first time he played.

Slim chances
Gary Stritesky - Even after reading about him he doesn't ring a bell, doubtful he will return.

No chance.

Mike Borassi - Vaguely remember him, Russel Swan was a more memorable player from that season, doubtful he will return
Joe Dowdle - Like Gary, not memorable, doubtful he will return
I don;t remember James leaving the game for medical reaason??

The people they showed on the preview was the black guy and Michael
Old 05-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #20
JaneBanks
Lime Cordial, delicious! Laughing on the ceiling with Uncle Albert

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
No Colton didn't make the season exciting at all. I think it's sad anyone think his racial and mean comments were exciting and fun. Russell played back to back. I'm not sure why Colton wouldn't
Never once did I say that I thought his comments where exciting or entertaining. Actually, never once did I say that his comments were the reason why I think his leaving made the game boring. So, please do not assume I think this way. I think it is sad someone jumped to that conclusion.

I didn't think I needed to say that I couldn't stand Colton, but I guess I do.

IMO, this season was boring. Colton, whether you liked him or not, was the only one the provided some sort of entertainment/controversy. He and Troyzan were the only ones to provide any kind of potential of resisting Kim and her boring minions taking over the game.

I watch Survivor for the game play and strategy, not sunshine and roses. There was hardly any strategy or game play. That equals boring to me.

(ME) (DH) =

December 2010 Grand Floridian Honeymoon

February 2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
January 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #21
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneBanks View Post
Never once did I say that I thought his comments where exciting or entertaining. Actually, never once did I say that his comments were the reason why I think his leaving made the game boring. So, please do not assume I think this way. I think it is sad someone jumped to that conclusion.

I didn't think I needed to say that I couldn't stand Colton, but I guess I do.

IMO, this season was boring. Colton, whether you liked him or not, was the only one the provided some sort of entertainment/controversy. He and Troyzan were the only ones to provide any kind of potential of resisting Kim and her boring minions taking over the game.

I watch Survivor for the game play and strategy, not sunshine and roses. There was hardly any strategy or game play. That equals boring to me.
Once again Colton didn';t make the game exciting at all. I found the game much much much more exciting after he left.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #22
JaneBanks

Quote:
Once again Colton didn';t make the game exciting at all. I found the game much much much more exciting after he left.
You have your opinion, and I have mine.

(ME) (DH) =

Old 05-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #23
Aetheline
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I don;t remember James leaving the game for medical reaason??

The people they showed on the preview was the black guy and Michael
There at least two listed there that are African American, James Clement and Russell Swan.

Didn't Rupert also do back to back seasons?
Aetheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #24
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetheline View Post
There at least two listed there that are African American, James Clement and Russell Swan.

Didn't Rupert also do back to back seasons?
Sorry my bad the guy with the braids. He night have
Old 05-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #25
Amy
MamaGrumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
As for the players who come back, I would like to see Michael. The Australian Outback was my all-time favorite season.
I'd love to see Michael back, too, but that was one of the early seasons - he might be too old to handle it now. I liked Russell Swan, too - I thought he stood a decent chance to win his season before he got ill.

To be honest, I had a really rough time watching this season. I've watched every episode from Season 1 on, but I couldn't stand to watch Colton. Lying and backstabbing and making alliances with everybody and their mother - that's how you play Survivor. The way Colton (and Alicia) treated Christina, and all of the other things Colton said and did are NOT acceptable. I only tuned in each week to hope and pray they'd finally vote Colton out; no rushing home to catch the full hour of Survivor, just to see the vote. Last night, in fact, I only tuned in at 10:00 to watch Jeff read the votes; then it was back to the Food Network.

Unfortunately, Colton was med-evaced(sp?) early enough that he possibly could have participated in Survivor Philippines. I hope not!

June 1999 - Port Orleans (now POFQ) June 2001 - POFQ/HRH June 2003 - WL/HRH July 2004 - DL/Calif Adv June 2005 - WL/HRH Dec. 2005 - WL (DS band trip!) June 2007 - WL/HRH Nov./Dec. 2007 - Pop (band trip with both DS's!) Oct 2011 - Pop

Last edited by Amy; 05-14-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Correct my typo: "easy" should have been "early"
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #26
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
12 years 24 seasons and if I never hear "flying under the radar" again I'll be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesojmt View Post
I found this website that listed those who evacuated as of Jan. 2011. I am really praying it is not Colton. I can't listen to his voice without wanting claw my ears off of my head.
Thank you! I have forgotten a lot it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneBanks View Post
Whether you like him or not, Colton was right. The season did get boring after he left.
Colton did not make the show exciting. He made it uncomfortable. It was boring from the beginning but while Colton was on the show it was not a comfortable experience watching it and hearing the insults that he vomited throughout. Once Colton left the show was boring but for me it started that way and ended that way. I shudder to think Colton would be rewarded because the Producers confused truly offensive shocking behavior with entertaining television commentary. I don't want to watch a show that validated Colton behavior in exchange for higher ratings.
Nancyg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #27
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
I'd love to see Michael back, too, but that was one of the easy seasons - he might be too old to handle it now. I liked Russell Swan, too - I thought he stood a decent chance to win his season before he got ill.

To be honest, I had a really rough time watching this season. I've watched every episode from Season 1 on, but I couldn't stand to watch Colton. Lying and backstabbing and making alliances with everybody and their mother - that's how you play Survivor. The way Colton (and Alicia) treated Christina, and all of the other things Colton said and did are NOT acceptable. I only tuned in each week to hope and pray they'd finally vote Colton out; no rushing home to catch the full hour of Survivor, just to see the vote. Last night, in fact, I only tuned in at 10:00 to watch Jeff read the votes; then it was back to the Food Network.

Unfortunately, Colton was med-evaced(sp?) early enough that he possibly could have participated in Survivor Philippines. I hope not!
I thought the early season where the hardest one lol
Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #28
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

If Colton was medivaced with acute appendicitis and need surgery I am not sure he could have recovered quickly enough to participate in the next Season?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #29
Aetheline
Earning My Ears

Articles I have read have said that Colton did not have an acute appendicitis but rather a severe abdominal infection. He was treated with bed rest and antibiotics.
Aetheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #30
JaneBanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post

Colton did not make the show exciting. He made it uncomfortable. It was boring from the beginning but while Colton was on the show it was not a comfortable experience watching it and hearing the insults that he vomited throughout. Once Colton left the show was boring but for me it started that way and ended that way. I shudder to think Colton would be rewarded because the Producers confused truly offensive shocking behavior with entertaining television commentary. I don't want to watch a show that validated Colton behavior in exchange for higher ratings.
Colton's comments did not make the show exciting for me. The fact that Colton was one of only two people that could potentially go against Kim and her group and that being taken away is what made it boring. One less person to go against the group. That is all I am saying. I couldn't stand Colton.

(ME) (DH) =

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: