Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #151
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Nothing. Pete planted the Hidden Immunity Idol clue so it looked like RC had it in her bag. Then the nut job who betrayed RC by telling Pete about the clue went nuts.
But no, Abi was ALREADY nutso against RC before that even happened!

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You, #40 Dragonfly in Amber

Currently reading: #41 Voyager

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #152
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad Russell is gone too.

He was not a strong player, did you see at the end of this last challenge he was laying in the dirt like a washed up old man.
He didn't seem to have a whole lot of strength in his body.

Another thing that has really bugged me is that the same players sit out of the competitions every week. That should not be allowed.

The other 2 teams had all men running with the rice while the tiny little girls parked their butts again!
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #153
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
Good point. She is obviously emotionally unstable.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #154
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers View Post
I agree! They always seem to put in their "token" players. Token old person, token Asian person, Token gay person, and then a good half of the people are "the gorgeous". I know that looks do play into it-- Jeff once made a comment that they'd never do Survivor in a cold climate because "people want to see hot girls wearing as little as possible". Um, not everybody wants that, Jeff. I'd love to see it somewhere cold, actually!
I've been saying for YEARS I'd love to see them play somewhere cold or at least some place that GETS cold. Montana wilderness in Summertime would be perfectly fine. Someplace DIFFERENT anyway. All these tropical beaches look the same. And as your "average red-blooded American male" here who loves a cute gal in a bikini nearly as much as oxygen, I can assure you that the token cute girls on the show aren't even remotely the reason I watch Survivor. Besides, they seem obsessed with filming during monsoon season wherever they go, so it's not like the girls are sunning themselves in their bikinis all THAT much anyway.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #155
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
I think she's just nutso in general
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #156
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin1700 View Post
I really wish they would bring back 2 challenges per show. I get bored with only one!
I agree. Didn't they used to sit out players for one challenge but they had to use them in the 2nd one? Now they can just sit the same people out all of the time.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #157
thegales
Mouseketeer
Says he is happy tagless but the Tag Fairy ain't buying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarfoxinWA

I agree. Didn't they used to sit out players for one challenge but they had to use them in the 2nd one? Now they can just sit the same people out all of the time.
True, but with the two teams having to sit out so many players, there will definitely be some repeats week to week.

aka lifeof in Chat

June 16, 2012 Eastern Cruise / December 18, 2010 11 Day Southern Caribbean / November 21, 2007 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / July 15, 2006 Western / November 23, 2005 Thanksgiving on the Wonder / October 9, 2004 Western Cruise / June 14, 2003 Eastern Cruise

thegales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #158
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegales View Post
True, but with the two teams having to sit out so many players, there will definitely be some repeats week to week.
Yes but when they did a reward challenge and an immunity challenge it was a more entertaining show IMHO.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #159
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

I didn't like how they ran the immunity/reward challenge last week.

With one team being only Russell, Malcolm and Denise I thought the other two teams should have been made to choose two men AND a woman to compete, to make it fair. They both sat out all the girls and let all the men play. Denise is a great physical player, but I still thought the other two teams should have had two men and a woman instead of all men.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #160
travelbug24
Searches for Hidden Mickey's in carbonated beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post

With one team being only Russell, Malcolm and Denise I thought the other two teams should have been made to choose two men AND a woman to compete, to make it fair. They both sat out all the girls and let all the men play. Denise is a great physical player, but I still thought the other two teams should have had two men and a woman instead of all men.
travelbug24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #161
The Mayor
How about 7"...6" is for rookies
It's the CB, it's not supposed to make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post

I thought they should have also done this.

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid".--John Wayne

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be." -- John Wayne
The Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #162
discnewbie
Mouseketeer

I enjoyed seeing a reward and immunity challenge last night.

It looks like Malcolm is (so far) being accepted by his tribe. I think Malcolm is great and hope he goes far! I also really like Denise, but unfortunately for her, if they lose a couple more challenges, she could be next (after Katie).

I think Penner is a great interview, and I love hearing his interviews. In a way he reminds me a little of Boston Rob. Very fun, charismatic, great at puzzles and challenges.

Dawson blew it by not outting Jeff Kent directly. She liked the idea of toying with him, but all she had to do was say, "hey, Jeff Kent, I remember watching you when you used to play professionally" and then see what happens. Her exit was something else though! I don't recall seeing anyone, ever, kiss Jeff Probst. Flirt, yes. Kiss, no.
discnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #163
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by discnewbie View Post
I enjoyed seeing a reward and immunity challenge last night.

It looks like Malcolm is (so far) being accepted by his tribe. I think Malcolm is great and hope he goes far! I also really like Denise, but unfortunately for her, if they lose a couple more challenges, she could be next (after Katie).

I think Penner is a great interview, and I love hearing his interviews. In a way he reminds me a little of Boston Rob. Very fun, charismatic, great at puzzles and challenges.

Dawson blew it by not outting Jeff Kent directly. She liked the idea of toying with him, but all she had to do was say, "hey, Jeff Kent, I remember watching you when you used to play professionally" and then see what happens. Her exit was something else though! I don't recall seeing anyone, ever, kiss Jeff Probst. Flirt, yes. Kiss, no.
I liked two separate challenges too, like the good 'ol days.

Dawson's exit was downright uncomfortable. As far as Jeff Kent, I wish she had outed him too. That scene with her talking about sports and the looks on his face were hysterical!
Old 10-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #164
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
I liked two separate challenges too, like the good 'ol days.

Dawson's exit was downright uncomfortable. As far as Jeff Kent, I wish she had outed him too. That scene with her talking about sports and the looks on his face were hysterical!
There wasn't much drawing me in to this season. The possibility of Dawson outing Jeff was one of those things.

Now it's gone. I feel cheated. I wish she'd turned around after her torch was snuffed out and gave it to him, instead of taking that opportunity to make out with Jeff Probst. I really did NOT need to see that! And what's the deal with wanting a pink gun? I get the feeling that she is a huge fangirl and is hoping that not outing him will mean she'll be his best friend and invited to all his family picnics.

Abi continues to make me furious. She's only been in two challenges? Winner.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #165
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

haha did you guys read Jeff's reaction to the kiss? He said it was fun and funny and his wife didn't care. He certainly looked bemused by it. Hilarious!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: