Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #91
hogwartsdropout
~*UK Pavilion CM 08-09*~

The nutella and fruit waffle looks so good, excited for your next review!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #92
nicole0992
I was born on Mickey's birthday!

Great reviews. I am really enjoying your report. The waffle looks good. Might have to give that a try next month.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #93
jerseytinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Okay, I must confess, I have never had Nutella either. Now I need to go out and buy some to try too so that I have a reference point for all these Nutella Waffle Sandwich reviews. It certainly looks good!
jerseytinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #94
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Nutella is amazing on waffles and crępes - I've never had Disney's nutella waffle sandwich, but it looks great.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #95
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post

Or so I thought.

Here's how it all went down...

After spending the first hour or so of the morning in Fastasyland, I was more than ready for my breakfast treat.

So anyway, after all this excitement you can see how we desperately needed a quiet and relaxing breakfast break at Sleepy Hollow. And so, I confidently walked straight up to their counter to place our order, as there was no need to look at the menu...I knew exactly what I wanted. The nice, elderly woman taking my order reminded me so much of my grandmother, who passed away almost 20 years ago. "I'll have a Mickey Waffle with strawberries and whip cream, please," I said in my most polite and respectful voice. And that's when my bubble was burst by these words, "I'm sorry dear but we don't have the Mickey-shaped waffles anymore, we now have only regular waffles or waffle sandwiches. There is a Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle sandwich that is really good, would you like to try that?" Feeling somewhat defeated I replied, "Yes, Grandma (I mean, Ma'am), I will try that." After all, how can you say no to your grandma, right???

So as I'm waiting at the pick-up counter while they prepare my earless waffle , I'm wondering....how in the world did I miss this??? I knew about the new waffle sandwiches, but somehow I completely missed the fact that they took the place of the Mickey shaped ones. But then I was presented with this delicious looking creation...

Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich

So did it taste as good as it looked? Pretty much, yes! Two of us gave it a rating of "Very Good" and DD1 gave it a "Good", as she is not a fan of Nutella. At the time I didn't think about it, but after reading Linda67's recent review of this waffle, I would have to say that I totally agree with her. It definitely would have been better with a big dollop of whip cream on top. Then again, I think it might be worthy of a Tinkerbell "Excellent" rating if they also held the blueberries and the Nutella. So a waffle (preferably with, but acceptable without ears) with strawberries and bananas, and topped with whip cream. Maybe even add some chocolate syrup? Ahhh...Perfection! A girl can dream, can't she???

Oh, by the way, I just did an online search regarding the demise of the Mickey-shaped waffles at Sleepy Hollow and here is a link to the announcement that appeared on the Disney Food Blog (look under "Other Menu Changes" at the bottom of the article):

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/1...sleepy-hollow/

In my defense though, the article was posted on Nov. 13, 2011 so I probably didn't read it. Because where was I on Nov. 13, 2011???...none other than Magic Kingdom!

Wow, this has to be the longest review of one single food item to ever be posted on these boards. Sorry about that!

NEXT UP: Tea for Two (plus One)
Well, you had one for our family! We had this item on our list, but just were never hungry enough to eat one! I must say, though, it does look simple enough to make at home with successful results...and we would even have the luxury of adding that missing whipped cream!!

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #96
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Ha!

Glad to know I am not the only one who thinks that pretty much anything can be improved with a dollop of whipped cream on it
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #97
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
My kid's must be as deprived as I was!! With all of this talk of nutella I'm going to have to go out and buy some and write a mini review on it!

Have a great day Joh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytinkerbell View Post
Okay, I must confess, I have never had Nutella either. Now I need to go out and buy some to try too so that I have a reference point for all these Nutella Waffle Sandwich reviews. It certainly looks good!
You poor, deprived DISers. I think you both need to go out and get yourselves some Nutella. And, if you like it, I have a whole host of Nutella-based recipes
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #98
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Nutella is good!

Also try Cookie Butter from Trader Joes or Biscoff Spread(the makers of Biscoff cookies on Delta). It is basically those Biscoff cookies crushed up and in the form of paste. It has the consistency of PB but tastes like Biscoff. Delicious!!

And you seem like such a fun mom! I could never spend this much time with my mom! Hahah

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #99
jabead
DIS Veteran

Nutella has been mentioned 29 times so far in the last two pages of this report. I think the Nutella company should give us all free Nutella for all the free advertising they've just gotten. What do you all think?

And that makes 32!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 06-22-2012 at 12:05 AM.
jabead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #100
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great review of Raglan Road
We have never tried it but I see many great reviews so we must visit one day
I think the bread and butter pudding looks divine

Ahhhh yes...the bread pudding. Wish I had some right now.

Quote:
I have a question about the funnel cakes... can you get them with any fruit on them?? Too bad they don't serve them with whip cream. Everythings better with whip cream!

Yes! Three options on the funnel cakes...dusted with either powdered sugar (what we got) or cinnamon and strawberries & whipped cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I'm with you - hold the blueberries (and the whip cream, preferably) and add a huge dollop of hot fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
DS is a nutella addict and that waffle is #1 on his try list next trip! I think we will probably split one (meaning I will get the strawberries as he doesn't like them and maybe a bite of waffe!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Ha! Glad to know I am not the only one who thinks that pretty much anything can be improved with a dollop of whipped cream on it

Okay, so we've got:
1) One order of waffles with fruit (hold the blueberries), add chocolate syrup and whipped cream (for me)
2) One order of waffles with fruit (hold the blueberries), add huge dollop of hot fudge
3) One order of waffles with fruit (hold the strawberries), add extra Nutella (for the addict )
4) Two Orders of waffles, doesn't really matter what's on them as long as they are slathered with whipped cream

You know I think we are onto something here. I think I'll start a petition to Disney to add a "Choose your own toppings bar" at Sleepy Hollow.
Who's with me???

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 06-22-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #101
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My kid's must be as deprived as I was!! With all of this talk of nutella I'm going to have to go out and buy some and write a mini review on it!

Have a great day Joh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytinkerbell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
You poor, deprived DISers. I think you both need to go out and get yourselves some Nutella. And, if you like it, I have a whole host of Nutella-based recipes

Ok, I have to come clean. I had never heard of Nutella until about 3 months ago. I was grocery shopping with my son and he convinced me to buy it. He had had it at a friend's house and thought it was great. I myself could take it or leave it, but he loves it.

So I guess maybe you should count me among the depraved...I mean deprived.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #102
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogwartsdropout View Post
The nutella and fruit waffle looks so good, excited for your next review!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole0992 View Post
Great reviews. I am really enjoying your report. The waffle looks good. Might have to give that a try next month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Nutella is good!

Also try Cookie Butter from Trader Joes or Biscoff Spread(the makers of Biscoff cookies on Delta). It is basically those Biscoff cookies crushed up and in the form of paste. It has the consistency of PB but tastes like Biscoff. Delicious!!

And you seem like such a fun mom! I could never spend this much time with my mom! Hahah

to the new readers and thanks for posting comments! I hope I haven't chased you away with all this Nutella talk. I promise I'll move on to my next review ASAP.

And to Rachel: I really like Biscoff cookies so the Biscoff Spread sounds really good. Thanks for the tip! And thank you so much for the compliment. I'll be sure to pass this on to my girls. But I'm not sure they would agree with you, since I made them get up most mornings of our trip before 10:00!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #103
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Nutella is amazing on waffles and crępes - I've never had Disney's nutella waffle sandwich, but it looks great.
Yum...crępes sound really good, but I'd probably hold the Nutella and replace it with chocolate. Which reminds me...it's been way too long since I've paid a visit to the French Crępe kiosk at Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
Well, you had one for our family! We had this item on our list, but just were never hungry enough to eat one! I must say, though, it does look simple enough to make at home with successful results...and we would even have the luxury of adding that missing whipped cream!!
True, homemade waffles could be as good or better but you wouldn't be able to look at Cinderella's castle while you ate them.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #104
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Darn DISers! You've ruined my diet. I work very near a crepe place and after reading this thread, I promptly walked over and ordered one banana/nutella crepe. And it does come with homemade whipped cream on top! I'll have to do some extra running on the treadmill tonight to make up for that (right after I eat a giant tub of popcorn at the Brave movie!).

And yes, I WILL be eating that fruit & Nutella waffle in August. Yes I will!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #105
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Darn DISers! You've ruined my diet. I work very near a crepe place and after reading this thread, I promptly walked over and ordered one banana/nutella crepe. And it does come with homemade whipped cream on top!
Banana/nutella/whipped cream...another combination to try! I think I might like that better than the multi-fruit combo. Thanks for the idea, I think?

Quote:
I'll have to do some extra running on the treadmill tonight to make up for that (right after I eat a giant tub of popcorn at the Brave movie!).
I completely forgot that Brave came out today, so thank you for the reminder. Enjoy the movie and giant tub of popcorn! (I like it with lots of butter ) But hey, sorry about the treadmill thing. Hopefully the crepe was worth it???

Quote:
And yes, I WILL be eating that fruit & Nutella waffle in August. Yes I will!
You go, girl!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: