Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #61
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
King Arthur and the Holy Grail by the World Showcase Players!!??? How is it that my family never knew about this? Is it always at the UK Pavilion? How many times per day?
Yes, they used to alternate their performances between the UK and Italy (where they performed Romeo & Edna ) but since Italy got the Ziti Sisters, they now only perform in the UK area. I think they usually do the King Arthur skit, but one time when we were walking by them on our last trip (in a hurry to get somewhere so didn't stop) they were doing something else. I think maybe it was Romeo & Edna. Anyway I looked up the Epcot entertainment schedule for this week online and saw that they are listed to perform daily (5 performances each day between noon and 5:00). However, I think this is only because it's the busy summer season. I think when we have been there (May and Nov.) they were only there about 4 or 5 days of the week. So be sure to check the entertainment guide schedule when you are there.

Oh, and by the way, their performances are great...and always a little different. They choose three people from the audience to play some of the starring roles, but the whole audience gets to participate in other ways. It is a must-do for us to catch at least one performance on every trip!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #62
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Interesting review of bluezoo - the one time we went there, the appetizers and dessert were all great, while the entrees and sides disappointed. At least the "highs" still beat Il Mulino.

I'm happy that at least one other person feels similarly about the Swan/Dolphin restaurants. I've never tried Shula's, but it's pretty clear from the menu that the food is basic steakhouse fare (not what we're interested in). But Il Mulino and bluezoo didn't blow away all of the WDW signatures IMO, in spite of the frequent commentary suggesting that on-site (or DDP-accepting) restaurants are inferior.

Yes, the Swan/Dolphin restaurants certainly do have many fans here. Although I must acknowledge that my experience with them is very limited (only one visit to each), the only one in which my first impression was good enough to make my current Top 5 Tier of Signature restaurants was bluezoo. And it just barely made it in at #5. For me, California Grill, YSH, Flying Fish, and Artist Point are all better, and Jiko is a very close #6.

That said, I must also say that I am very anxious to return to bluezoo to do more research. And I would be willing to give Shula's another try sometime. But it would take some convincing for me to return to Il Mulino any time in the near future. IMO, there are just too many other better restaurants and too little time.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #63
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Bluezoo looks really good, I love seafood so it would be perfect for me

We finally got round to having breakfast at WPE on our last trip and loved it

Yes, if you love seafood then I think bluezoo would be a good fit! Hopefully, your DH also likes seafood though because I can't really recommend the chicken there. But then again, perhaps the pork or beef entrees are good??? Anyway, I hope you get to try it sometime.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #64
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Great reviews. I'm all caught up but loving them so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeliani View Post
I've had the Crispy Cornflake French Toast, and all it is is bagel french toast covered in cornflakes and cinnamon and sugar. Don't get me wrong, the thinner pieces of bagel were yummy and crispy, but the thicker pieces of bagel french toast pretty much taste like a chewy bagel with cornflakes on it. I think you made the right choice for breakfast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytinkerbell View Post
Loving all your reviews so far! Thanks for the bluezoo review. I have been curious to check that place out and I think I might have to add that one to the list. It looks really cool in there!

The Breakfast Pizza at WPE is my absolute fav! Yum! The bagel french toast sounds very odd. I definitely think you made the right choice.

Can't wait to hear about Fork & Screen! We go to AMC a few times every trip, but we have yet to try the dine-in theaters there, so I'm interested to hear about your experience there.

to the new readers and thanks for taking the time to comment. It's always encouraging to know that there are people out there reading my ramblings.

Oh, and to jerseytink...my Fork & Screen review should be up soon!

Old 06-15-2012, 02:45 AM   #65
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Yes, the Swan/Dolphin restaurants certainly do have many fans here. Although I must acknowledge that my experience with them is very limited (only one visit to each), the only one in which my first impression was good enough to make my current Top 5 Tier of Signature restaurants was bluezoo. And it just barely made it in at #5. For me, California Grill, YSH, Flying Fish, and Artist Point are all better, and Jiko is a very close #6.

That said, I must also say that I am very anxious to return to bluezoo to do more research. And I would be willing to give Shula's another try sometime. But it would take some convincing for me to return to Il Mulino any time in the near future. IMO, there are just too many other better restaurants and too little time.
Agreed - I'd definitely be willing to give bluezoo another chance (although I'd probably stick to appetizers). Not everything on the menu is perfect, but overall bluezoo showed a lot of potential and some of the food was very creative (which is definitely something I value - it's one of the reasons I love Yachtsman and don't feel a need to try Shula's).

As for WPE, if I spent more time at DTD, I know where I'd be eating all the time. That breakfast pocket looks great - how fortunate for you that both of your daughters hated mushroom! I don't love mushrooms on their own, but I can appreciate them in the right context (and that dish looks like the right context ).
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #66
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Bluezoo looks lovely! So the moral of your dinner review for this is that I would need to eat the bread and order dessert! I'm not a huge fish fan (love other seafood) and the chicken dish doesn't look so tasty.

I so want to try WPE for breakfast. Between you and Jerseytinkerbell you have me sold on the pizza pocket.

Good catch for the TiW discount not being applied - that would have been a lot of cash to leave on the table so to speak.

Looking forward to more!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #67
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As for WPE, if I spent more time at DTD, I know where I'd be eating all the time. That breakfast pocket looks great - how fortunate for you that both of your daughters hated mushroom! I don't love mushrooms on their own, but I can appreciate them in the right context (and that dish looks like the right context ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Bluezoo looks lovely! So the moral of your dinner review for this is that I would need to eat the bread and order dessert! I'm not a huge fish fan (love other seafood) and the chicken dish doesn't look so tasty.

I so want to try WPE for breakfast. Between you and Jerseytinkerbell you have me sold on the pizza pocket.

Well, if you throw in some appetizers between the bread and dessert, you might not leave bluezoo hungry. I do seem to recall that you had some pretty tasty ones there, right Donald?

And I definitely think that the pocket is the way to go if you are having breakfast at WPE...unless of course you have an aversion to mushrooms, like some people I know. Heck with that bagel french toast, cornflake covered or not!

Last edited by jabead; 06-15-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #68
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, if you throw in some appetizers between the bread and dessert, you might not leave bluezoo hungry. I do seem to remember DonaldDoleWhip having some pretty tasty looking ones there.

And I definitely think that the pocket is the way to go if you are having breakfast at WPE...unless of course you have an aversion to mushrooms, like some people I know. Heck with that bagel french toast, cornflake covered or not!
I LOVE mushrooms!!! I've heard about teh infamous corn flake french toast but I have not seen photos... It may make it a tougher decision if I do!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #69
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, if you throw in some appetizers between the bread and dessert, you might not leave bluezoo hungry. I do seem to recall that you had some pretty tasty ones there, right Donald?

Yep - the appetizers were great! Pics of them are in my bluezoo review.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #70
jabead
DIS Veteran

Lunch at the AMC Theatre - Fork & Screen

I must admit that I have been stalling on this one, as I am somewhat ashamed by this review. Here is why...

My Plan for our Day at DTD: Have breakfast at WPE, shop for a couple of hours, be at AMC Theatre by no later than 12:30 for 1:00 movie, take our time perusing the menu (after taking a picture of it, of course), order lots of delicious food, take great pictures of food when it arrives and the theater too, lights are dimmed for movie to begin, sit back and enjoy movie while we eat, etc., etc.

The Reality of our Day at DTD: Had breakfast at WPE (so far so good ), shopped for more than just a couple of hours (here was our downfall), practically ran to theatre, got there at 12:50, quickly glanced at menu (completely forgot to take a pic of it), ordered the first two things we could all agree on, hurriedly took a couple of not-so-great pics of the room while waiting for our food, lights dimmed for movie to begin, food arrived, tried to take pictures in the dark.

And here is the result...

Doesn't this look delicious???

And after some editing...

Can you tell what it is yet?

Well, if you guessed Chicken Quesadillas than you would be correct!

Here is the description from the menu: Classic Chicken Quesadillas - $9.99 Southwest seasoned grilled chicken and shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses melted inside grill-toasted flour tortillas.

And speaking of the menu, here it is...http://dinein.amctheatres.com/menu

Our ratings for the Chicken Quesadillas ranged from "Okay" to "Very Good", so an average of "Good".

After much editing the next picture turned out a little better...you can at least recognize what it is I hope???

Queso Blanco Dip & Chips - $7.49
Diced tomato and green chilies in a white Cheddar cheese dip served with fresh tortilla chips.

For this we had two "Good" ratings and one just "Okay", so again an average score of "Good".

The real star of our lunch actually turned out to be the drinks, as both DDs had smoothies (one strawberry-banana and the other peach-mango) that scored "Very Good" ratings.

Sorry but I didn't take pictures of the smoothies...I'd just given up at this point.

So our overall rating for the food/drinks was: - Good

But I am happy to report that once we relaxed and settled into the very comfy theater chairs, we very much enjoyed the movie. And the ability to munch on something a little more substantial than popcorn and milk duds while we watched, made the experience even more enjoyable. Plus of course, it didn't hurt that the movie starred Johnny Depp. Even if he did play a blood-sucking vampire.

And so I'll finish this somewhat mediocre review (hopefully you at least had a few chuckles ) with none other than our not-so-great pictures of the theater...

and of course my humblest apologies.

I promise I will do better next time we are here, as I'm pretty sure there will be a next time.

NEXT UP: Dinner at Raglan Road

Last edited by jabead; 06-16-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #71
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep - the appetizers were great! Pics of them are in my bluezoo review.

Thank you for posting the link to your review. Your appetizers look delicious, especially those shrimp. Now I remember why I wanted to have them...I had read about the shrimp (and seen the pic) in your review. I definitely think we missed out on the full experience at bluezoo by not having any of their appetizers. Oh well, I guess it's something to look forward to on our next visit.

Last edited by jabead; 06-16-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #72
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

I don't have an issue with your pics in the AMC review - everything is recognizable (even though I couldn't tell what was in the quesadillas), and it's nice to see the layout of the theater. I don't know if I'll ever try AMC dine-in, but it looks like a cool experience.

Quote:
Thank you for posting the link to your review. Your appetizers look delicious, especially those shrimp. Now I remember why I wanted to have them...I had read about shrimp (and seen the pic) in your review. I definitely think we missed out on the full experience at bluezoo by not having any of their appetizers. Oh well, I guess it's something to look forward to on our next visit.
Sounds like a great plan! The appetizers are worth going back for.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #73
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

I thoroughly enjoyed your review of AMC, it did make me chuckle, and I think you did an outstanding job, considering the darkness and the rush you were in!

Can't wait to read your review of Raglan Road. As a matter of fact, I am on the edge of my seat for it!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #74
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to reading the rest of your reviews!!! We are eating at several of these places for our upcoming trip!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #75
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't have an issue with your pics in the AMC review - everything is recognizable (even though I couldn't tell what was in the quesadillas), and it's nice to see the layout of the theater. I don't know if I'll ever try AMC dine-in, but it looks like a cool experience. :
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed your review of AMC, it did make me chuckle, and I think you did an outstanding job, considering the darkness and the rush you were in!

Can't wait to read your review of Raglan Road. As a matter of fact, I am on the edge of my seat for it!

Thank you both for the kind words regarding my last review. I'm almost done with my Raglan Road review so should be posting it very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Looking forward to reading the rest of your reviews!!! We are eating at several of these places for our upcoming trip!

and thanks for reading and commenting! I just now read your Pre-Dining report and see that you are dining at Raglan Road. My RR review is coming up next!

Last edited by jabead; 06-18-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: