Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #136
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your reviews of the Grand Floridian Tea! I've wanted to try it for years so hopefully we will be able to fit it in this next trip.

California Grill has been kind of hit or miss for us too. Thankfully our last meal there for our anniversary it was fantastic! I'm interested in the renovations possibly happening the beginning of next year though. Maybe we won't be dining there during our next trip

butiflfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #137
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Thank you so much to you and Jill for the helpful information regarding booking the tea. I will try calling and see if I can send DH on a fishing excursion while we head to GF and be proper ladies!

That's great! I'll look forward then to reading the review of your mother/daughter tea at the Grand. Oh, and don't forget...pinkies out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
When you REALLY want dessert NSA is not what I am looking for

That makes two of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-n-MrIncredible View Post
Thank you for your reviews and great pictures. I have enjoyed reading upto now. I am looking forward to some more great reviews and the pictures.

Thanks for continuing to follow along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
When I looked at the menu my first thought was that I'd order the chocolate cake but would you believe that I can't stand coffee as well? I'm glad you mentioned that! But there are plenty of things that strike my fancy so I'm sure it won't be an issue!

Actually, CG often changes up their chocolate lava cake so there is a pretty good chance that they will have a different version on their dessert menu when you are there. So don't give up hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
Thank you for your reviews of the Grand Floridian Tea! I've wanted to try it for years so hopefully we will be able to fit it in this next trip.

California Grill has been kind of hit or miss for us too. Thankfully our last meal there for our anniversary it was fantastic! I'm interested in the renovations possibly happening the beginning of next year though. Maybe we won't be dining there during our next trip

Yay, another new reader! Thanks for joining in and taking the time to post a comment. And in regard to the possible CA Grill renovations, here is a link to the Disney Food Blog article where I first heard about it.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...2012-and-2013/

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #138
jabead
DIS Veteran

Day 5 - May 19th

This day was a planned sleep-in day for the girls…I actually allowed them to sleep until 10:00. However, according to them, getting up at 10:00 a.m. is NOT considered sleeping-in. But hey, we were in Disney World, girls! No time to waste sleeping when we had things to see, rides to ride, and most importantly, much food to be eaten. But in that regard, I did my part this morning by thinking ahead while we were at Magic Kingdom yesterday.

Before leaving the park, I made a stop at the Main Street Bakery to get this

NEVER BEFORE SEEN here breakfast treat

Wait for it…

And here it is, the Breakfast of Champions (well, Champion Eaters anyway)…

The Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Roll

Okay, I lied…you may have seen this here a few times before, right?

So anyway, while DD2 slept soundly on the pull-out couch of our villa, I quietly crept into the room to get my day-old cinnamon roll from the kitchen counter. I couldn’t resist the urge to take a bite of it before retreating to the breakfast nook (aka the balcony ). Hmmm…not so great. I then had an idea. Yes, I popped it in the microwave and a few seconds later out came the warm, ooey-gooey cinnamon roll we all know and love. It was well-worth the wrath of my daughter that I had to endure for running the noisy microwave.

But afterall, it’s just not the same without that delicious frosting dripping down my chin. You don’t get that when you eat it at room-temperature, now do you??? With some foods it’s all about the temperature, right Linda? Just as Disney cupcakes should not be eaten cold, the Main Street Bakery cinnamon rolls should not be eaten at room-temperature. Having learned that lesson, I then took my warm cinnamon roll and cup of coffee to the breakfast nook and enjoyed them while checking the Disboards on my IPad. ‘Cause of course I had to find out if any of my favorite Disney Dining reporters (like DonaldDoleWhip and emmysmommy) had posted any updates to their then ongoing reviews. And with that, I’ll leave you with a picture of my lovely dining table…

Table for one with a view of the pool

Oops...I guess now I have to admit that I ate my cinnamon roll that morning with a knife and fork. But it's not because I always have good manners about such things as this. I just didn't want to have sticky fingerprints all over my new IPad.

NEXT UP: Lunch at Tutto Italia

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 06-27-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #139
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I was going to make a comment about your sophistication and manners by eating the cinnamon roll with utensils (like Linda!) but seeing as how you were surfing the web and my name was mentioned, I'll refrain!

You have my complete agreement that the roll MUST we warmed beyond room temperature. Absolutely necessary to get the frosting gooey and drippy!

I don't think there is anything in the case at Main Street Bakery that I wouldn't eat!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #140
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Yay, I have finally caught up !

Right first off you have just made me decide to head back to CG

We ate there a couple of years ago and whilst 'OK' it didn't really wow me but that was mainly down to a poor choice of entree (mine) and some really rushed service

We are going to be there for our wedding anniversary next year and I was considering a return visit so thanks for the great review

I hope the renovations are completed in time for us

Also, I love the photo of you and your DDs, the woman in the background is hilarious!

And it's nice to see a picture of you and long last

Finally, I hearby award you a 'Masters In Pastry' for service to cinnamon rolls
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #141
AeroKU
Mouseketeer

Hi jabead. I just started reading this Dining Review and enjoying it very much. I noticed you are in Central IL, as am I. Where are you specifically?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #142
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKU View Post
Hi jabead. I just started reading this Dining Review and enjoying it very much. I noticed you are in Central IL, as am I. Where are you specifically?

Well, hello neighbor!!! I live just up the road from you, in the lovely little town of Lexington!

Old 06-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #144
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I was going to make a comment about your sophistication and manners by eating the cinnamon roll with utensils (like Linda!) but seeing as how you were surfing the web and my name was mentioned, I'll refrain!

You have my complete agreement that the roll MUST we warmed beyond room temperature. Absolutely necessary to get the frosting gooey and drippy!

I don't think there is anything in the case at Main Street Bakery that I wouldn't eat!

As soon as I posted that picture I thought of your comment to Linda, so I immediately added the disclaimer. Unfortunately, gooey and drippy don't work well with IPads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Finally, I hearby award you a 'Masters In Pastry' for service to cinnamon rolls

That is quite an honor coming from you, Master Linda! I feel smarter already.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #145
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Just one question from me....did you eat the whole thing?

I had a feeling someone would ask that question. Truthfully, no I only ate half. But in my defense, I knew I needed to save room for our early lunch at Tutto Italia and then dinner at Bistro de Paris. Yeah, I can't believe we did Italian and French all in one day. PURE GLUTTONY...and yet so sinfully delicious!

Old 06-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #146
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
I had a feeling someone would ask that question. Truthfully, no I only ate half. But in my defense, I knew I needed to save room for our early lunch at Tutto Italia and then dinner at Bistro de Paris. Yeah, I can't believe we did Italian and French all in one day. PURE GLUTTONY...and yet so sinfully delicious!
You're forgiven then, given the circumstances. I can't wait to hear about your Italian and French dining
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #147
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

What a great idea microwaving the cinnamon roll! Having a microwave seems like more than enough justification to stay in a villa over a regular deluxe resort room.

Can't wait to hear about Tutto (post-refurbishment) and Bistro!
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #148
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Those cinammon rolls from MK Bakery are one of the reasons we visit Disney Parks Can't wait to hear about Tutto, I love that place.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #149
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
What a great idea microwaving the cinnamon roll! Having a microwave seems like more than enough justification to stay in a villa over a regular deluxe resort room.

Can't wait to hear about Tutto (post-refurbishment) and Bistro!

Yes, I have to admit that I didn't touch the stove/oven in our villa once during the 11 days we were there, as I refuse to cook while on vacation. But the microwave came in handy a few times...breakfast pastries are much better when they are warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Those cinammon rolls from MK Bakery are one of the reasons we visit Disney Parks Can't wait to hear about Tutto, I love that place.

Ahhhh yes, my Tutto Italia review. You might want to just skip over that one if you love the place. But please don't stay away long.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #150
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post

True, homemade waffles could be as good or better but you wouldn't be able to look at Cinderella's castle while you ate them.
You make a VERY valid point!

And, I am finally caught up on your reviews! Your bringing back lots of good memories for me and tempting me to try some new things!

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: