Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
Brandyk3311
Earning My Ears

Room Welcome question

For the people who have done their own "Mickey's Grand Welcome" or some type of that. When did you find the time to go in and place everything or decorate without your kids with you? I really want to do this and even found a Tinkerbell wall sticker that looks just like her shadow in silver and bought it but I just don't know when to place everything. Any advice would help!! Thanks Brandy
Brandyk3311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

maybe if you can take the kids to explore the resort on the way to the room, you say oh I forgot something at the counter, and the other adult takes the kids and go play at the park that kind of thing while you go very fast and do the room.... then meet up with them.

I have never done this, but hope others will have a idea of what to do.

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
nancyjo1998
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey30 View Post
maybe if you can take the kids to explore the resort on the way to the room, you say oh I forgot something at the counter, and the other adult takes the kids and go play at the park that kind of thing while you go very fast and do the room.... then meet up with them.

I have never done this, but hope others will have a idea of what to do.
This is what I did on my last trip. It worked out really well. We will be doing it again on our trip in August.

Wilderness Lodge - September 19-27, 2009 1st trip!!
Coronado Springs - August 1-14, 2012
Art of Animation - August 14-19, 2012
Bay Lake Towers - March 30, 2013 - April 7, 2013
nancyjo1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #4
OurMinnieFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyk3311 View Post
For the people who have done their own "Mickey's Grand Welcome" or some type of that. When did you find the time to go in and place everything or decorate without your kids with you? I really want to do this and even found a Tinkerbell wall sticker that looks just like her shadow in silver and bought it but I just don't know when to place everything. Any advice would help!! Thanks Brandy

I wanted to do this too, but being the only adult I just cant find a way or time. I will basically be giving her a bag of goodies. I hope you are able to make it work!
OurMinnieFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #5
nancyjo1998
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurMinnieFamily View Post
I wanted to do this too, but being the only adult I just cant find a way or time. I will basically be giving her a bag of goodies. I hope you are able to make it work!
Since you are going to be the only adult, you can put the stuff up/together the first night while she is sleeping and have her wake up to it. Or another option is to have Mickey send her the package at home.

Wilderness Lodge - September 19-27, 2009 1st trip!!
Coronado Springs - August 1-14, 2012
Art of Animation - August 14-19, 2012
Bay Lake Towers - March 30, 2013 - April 7, 2013
nancyjo1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
noahdove
DIS Veteran

If I can't get away alone, then I leave them after the children go to bed. I also send a "welcome letter" to the resort so that it is waiting for the children upon arrival. I also ask close friends and family members to send them notes so they have a little extra surprise when we get there. Sometimes tho, those notes are delivered during the week. I must say, the kids LOVE that extra pixie dust

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 PM   #7
kathleentn.55
Earning My Ears

I have done the welcome surprise for granddaughters. I had the other grandmother that went with me to take them to the lobby after we checked in and I had everything in an extra suitcase, very organized and put everything out and quickly met them in the lobby and off to the park we went. I had even praticed how I would place everything before going on the trip and made a little note sheet in case during all of the excitement I forgot. I was lucky enough to know someone that lived in Orlando and he went to Party City for me and delivered balloons to the hotel that morning so they were there waiting for me to put them in the room. I will be doing a surprise for two grandsons this September and I am working on all of that now. I paint boxes which I got from Bed, Bath and beyond and use the packages as a guide to things I have for them. The boys will have a mixture of pirate things, car things and Mickey things. I plan to make Mickey rice krispie treats on sticks and purchase some candy from party city before I leave.
kathleentn.55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: