Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 03:56 AM   #1411
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfisher12 View Post
Does anyone know if they make towel animals at porfq
They sometimes do so, yes. But please consider it as a lovely little pixie-dust extra should you happen to be given one though, don't expect it.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #1412
wheels on fire
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know rough idea of tempture come September.My youngest son struggles with cold and in uk .in a normal indoor heated pool or even tropical leisure centre requires a wetsuit for anything more than 5 mins or he does a smurf look

wondering If i will need to bring it with us

Thank you
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 05:28 AM   #1413
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels on fire View Post
Does anyone know rough idea of tempture come September.My youngest son struggles with cold and in uk .in a normal indoor heated pool or even tropical leisure centre requires a wetsuit for anything more than 5 mins or he does a smurf look
September is usually HOT - could even still hit 100 degrees, certainly into the upper 80s/90s. Google the weather sites for more info. No smurfiness is to be expected.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #1414
wheels on fire
Mouseketeer

Hi
Thank you i have checked air tempt but need to check the actual pool tempt. Even in heated indoor tropical leisure pools so air is warm as is pool he can start to shiver very fast part of his medical condition that he struggles to maintain core heat
Old 02-01-2013, 07:10 AM   #1415
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
There was a new towel animal each day when we returned to our room. They started out rather simple and uncomplicated but our last towel animal was a dog w/eyes, a bow and pixie dust, in fact we brought it home with us. Our 3 year old gradndaughter was in a connecting room with her parents and they also got towel animal on a daily basis. Plus the "Mousekeeper" would arrange her stuffed animals in a different spot such as peeking out the window.

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
Old 02-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #1416
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Hi
Thank you i have checked air tempt but need to check the actual pool tempt. Even in heated indoor tropical leisure pools so air is warm as is pool he can start to shiver very fast part of his medical condition that he struggles to maintain core heat
Pool temp is meant to be kept at 82 degrees for all WDW pools. Personally I would suggest swimming later in the afternoon (or even early evening) when the heat of the sun has been on the water all day, but the air temp is starting to drop off just a little bit in comparison. But obviously you need to keep an eye on the situation, which I'm sure you always do anyway under the circumstances. Maybe play safe and pack the wetsuit anyway, it can't do any harm.

Andre

Old 02-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #1417
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Pool temp is meant to be kept at 82 degrees for all WDW pools. Personally I would suggest swimming later in the afternoon (or even early evening) when the heat of the sun has been on the water all day, but the air temp is starting to drop off just a little bit in comparison. But obviously you need to keep an eye on the situation, which I'm sure you always do anyway under the circumstances. Maybe play safe and pack the wetsuit anyway, it can't do any harm.

Andre
All the Disney pools are heated. We swam in January at the Animal Kingdom Lodge a few years ago, and even though the air temperature was probably around 80 degrees F (around 26C) I remember being so cold when we got out of the pool. September shouldn't be a problem, as the average highs are closer to 100F (37C) but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to pack the wet suit.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #1418
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Oh, I almost forgot!

I booked a Standard Room at POFQ yesterday. The smallness of the resort will be nice after CBR a few years ago.

I'm really excited about staying at French Quarter, and this trip will be even more fun, because we're taking my little sister for her first on-property stay. She's a bit of a Disney nut in her own right, so I think she'll appreciate it more than any one else in my family.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #1419
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:

All the resorts have a possibility of towel creations, it's just luck of the draw if your mousekeeper actually does them. I didn't get any the first time but this last time I got a bird with mardigras beads.

I've been on trips (I usually split stay) where I got nothing from anywhere and this last trip (3 resorts) I got something at each one. I do sometimes call off service but I've walked into creatures on my first day.

I tip each time, everyday (extra when I ask for something in particular), I'm reasonably neat and I've always been adult only no kids. So I don't think any of those are a factor.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW/US (in planning)

Old 02-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #1420
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
There was a new towel animal each day when we returned to our room. They started out rather simple and uncomplicated but our last towel animal was a dog w/eyes, a bow and pixie dust, in fact we brought it home with us. Our 3 year old gradndaughter was in a connecting room with her parents and they also got towel animal on a daily basis. Plus the "Mousekeeper" would arrange her stuffed animals in a different spot such as peeking out the window.
In one week not a single towel animal except the typical arrival day Mickey head. We tipped mouskeeping daily as well.

Just the luck of the draw I think. Certainly did not ruin our fantastic trip.

Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #1421
Golf4food
Mouseketeer
Male pirate last time I checked... yep, still male
Tazicket will always be my sexy penguin

Booked a bounceback offer at the end of our stay at POR last week. FL Res and AP rates for April 18-21 for POFQ are $656. Bounceback for $507. Crazy! Looking forward to being back at FQ, we had a great time there in December. Very convenient for a stay with a 19 month old who needs milk heated up twice a day!
Mar '14 - Offsite; Nov '13 - Offiste; Sept '13-Offsite; Apr '13-POFQ; Jan '13-POR; Dec '12-POFQ:Baby's First WDW Trip; March '11-Offiste; Nov/Dec '10-AKL/CSR; May '10-POR Pre-Dining Review-Dining Report; September '09-ASMu & DxDP Dining Report; December '08-POR; September '08-ASM; June '07-One day surprise park hopping extravaganza for DW; December '06-CBR; March '05-CBR; Many visits as a child

Old 02-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #1422
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
All the resorts have a possibility of towel creations, it's just luck of the draw if your mousekeeper actually does them. I didn't get any the first time but this last time I got a bird with mardigras beads.

I've been on trips (I usually split stay) where I got nothing from anywhere and this last trip (3 resorts) I got something at each one. I do sometimes call off service but I've walked into creatures on my first day.

I tip each time, everyday (extra when I ask for something in particular), I'm reasonably neat and I've always been adult only no kids. So I don't think any of those are a factor.
We usually tip daily also - one of the web sites has envelopes that you can print specific for the Mousekeeper, really cute. My husband and I also tend to pick up the room and I am one of those OCD types that makes the beds. Our daughter's room was a bit more cluttered and she did not inherit my OCD tendencies and she did not always remember to leave a tip every day. They also had towel friends left but not on a daily basis and not as elaborate and fancy as ours. My granddaughter did receive lots of beads and coins from CMs around the resort as well as a few pkgs of pixie dust.

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ

Last edited by middlesista; 02-01-2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: add color
Old 02-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #1423
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf4food View Post
Booked a bounceback offer at the end of our stay at POR last week. FL Res and AP rates for April 18-21 for POFQ are $656. Bounceback for $507. Crazy! Looking forward to being back at FQ, we had a great time there in December. Very convenient for a stay with a 19 month old who needs milk heated up twice a day!

FANTASTIC! For our January 2014 vacation our youngest granddaughter will be just under 20 months and her big sister will be 5. Have gone to WDW in the past when our children were young and also when they were teenagers and adults. For sure, prefer going with the little ones - the best memories - well worth whatever extra planning is involved. We are hoping for a bounceback to return in the Fall of 2014. Would love to be at WDW for the Wine and Food Festival

Old 02-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #1424
arfisher12
Earning My Ears

Thanks all for the replies about towel animals. I'm so looking forward to see one.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #1425
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsR2good View Post
If you ask, housekeeping should give you extras of the Cuisinart [ods. I just happen to prefer the taste of the Senseo ones--I also make my coffee there with bottled water though, so I clearly have some coffee issues
Um, well, we are bringing three 35-packs of water with us and some of it is definitely designated for the coffee! We are on well water and we have THE BEST WATER anywhere. Just can't do the whole tap water thing. And we both are big water drinkers.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: