Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #556
dsnyfan608
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
I have not been to the one at DTD, but I have been to others and have no idea why I keep getting talked into going back. They have always been very blah, especially for the cost. Loud, not that great of food, and bad service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbella16 View Post
I haven't eaten there since 2007, but it was one of our favorite meals that trip.. most people would be shocked by that since its a hit or miss! I do think taking the boat is easier to get there.. I love having that option at Port Orleans!
Thanks for te responses! Taking the boat is definitely a perk!! We were looking for something a little different and it has a varied menu. Decisions... Decisions
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #557
Houston86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnyfan608

Thanks for te responses! Taking the boat is definitely a perk!! We were looking for something a little different and it has a varied menu. Decisions... Decisions
There are several options in DTD that get my vote. Rainforest Cafe has a wide menu and I love the atmosphere!! I wish Disney gave a 15.00 voucher there instead of PH.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Many day trips as a kid grew up in Florida, 1995 CBR, 2000 Contemporary, 2008 POFQ, 2009 POFQ, 2012 POFQ, 2015 AoA
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #558
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnyfan608 View Post
Raglan Road is a must do for us every trip. I can not even contemplate being at Disney and not going to Raglan Road.

And the boat is one of the main reasons we stay at POFQ!

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Old 08-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #559
jasperess
Mouseketeer

Since the boat to DTD doesn't start running till 10am, are there buses that run earlier?
Old 08-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #560
sushi candy
Foodie

Hi everyone! This is the first time I am staying at POFQ. How is the transportation? How long does it take to get to Epcot? I am hoping I can make my tight ADR the day I fly in. My plane arrives from Buffalo @ 12:45pm. My ADR @ Epcot is 2:35pm. I really hope I can make it to the resort by 2:00pm and take a cab over to Epcot in time for my ADR.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #561
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi candy View Post
Hi everyone! This is the first time I am staying at POFQ. How is the transportation? How long does it take to get to Epcot? I am hoping I can make my tight ADR the day I fly in. My plane arrives from Buffalo @ 12:45pm. My ADR @ Epcot is 2:35pm. I really hope I can make it to the resort by 2:00pm and take a cab over to Epcot in time for my ADR.
Wow that's cutting it really close there. How do you plan to get to the POFQ from the airport?
Old 08-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #562
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
I'm sure some of the resort vets will chime in here, but I think you're cutting things WAY too close. First of all you're assuming that your plane will arrive on time. Then you are hoping to get from the plane, through the airport, onto the bus and to the resort in less than 90 min. Then you hope to get through the waiting line, check in, drop off your carryon bags, get on a bus, get to Epcot, and walk through to WS(?) in half an hour????? Very unlikely.

If you can, see if you can change your ADR to a Dinner reservation.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #563
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
It is suggested that if you are taking DME (are you taking DME?) to allow 70-90 minutes from plane to hotel.

Do you have to check in to get your tickets or dining plan? If so, add 15ish minutes there give or take. There could also be a line so that could take longer.

What is the reservation? Does it have a CC hold on it? If it does, I would NOT be risking that amount of time.

Too many things can go wrong and hold you up. You are already going to be cutting it super close as it is... one little delay anywhere in the process could mean missing the ADR completely.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Old 08-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #564
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

I tend to agree with the OP's - I would try to adjust the time of your ADR. You just never know when TIME decides to take over and stress you out. Hope everything works out, do not want you to get a stressful start.

May be sprinkled over your days at Disney.

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 - (Learning How To - ) ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009,

WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013, DLR 2014
Old 08-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #565
sushi candy
Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming View Post
Wow that's cutting it really close there. How do you plan to get to the POFQ from the airport?
I figure I would take a taxi which I've read can take 30 minutes or so to get to POFQ. I imagine I would also get a taxi to Epcot as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I'm sure some of the resort vets will chime in here, but I think you're cutting things WAY too close. First of all you're assuming that your plane will arrive on time. Then you are hoping to get from the plane, through the airport, onto the bus and to the resort in less than 90 min. Then you hope to get through the waiting line, check in, drop off your carryon bags, get on a bus, get to Epcot, and walk through to WS(?) in half an hour????? Very unlikely.

If you can, see if you can change your ADR to a Dinner reservation.
Yeah, I know it is super tight but the ADR is for Le Cellier which I had been trying in vain to get an ADR for since I started planning at 90 days. I am still trying to get a later time but no luck so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
It is suggested that if you are taking DME (are you taking DME?) to allow 70-90 minutes from plane to hotel.

Do you have to check in to get your tickets or dining plan? If so, add 15ish minutes there give or take. There could also be a line so that could take longer.

What is the reservation? Does it have a CC hold on it? If it does, I would NOT be risking that amount of time.

Too many things can go wrong and hold you up. You are already going to be cutting it super close as it is... one little delay anywhere in the process could mean missing the ADR completely.
I am on the dining plan and yes, there is a CC hold on Le Cellier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
I tend to agree with the OP's - I would try to adjust the time of your ADR. You just never know when TIME decides to take over and stress you out. Hope everything works out, do not want you to get a stressful start.

May be sprinkled over your days at Disney.
I will continue to try on the system to get a later time. I hope one opens up soon or I will just need to let it go.

Last edited by sushi candy; 08-08-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #566
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

If you absolutely can't get a later ADR, I would suggest taking a taxi to either Boardwalk or Beach Club (Beach Club will be closer) and entering through the International Gateway. You'll have less security and lines to get into the park from there and it'll be closer to the restaurant. It'll probably also be faster for the taxi to get to the resort than into the park where they'll drop you off in the parking lot. Just my thoughts.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #567
Riverhill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnyfan608 View Post
Has anyone eaten at Planet Hollywood? Is it good and what is the best way to get there from POFQ? The boat or bus? How long does it take?
We ate there last year while staying to POFQ. We took the boat. But be aware that Plant Hollywood is on the otherside of DTD. So it was a bit of a walk. we arrived very early so we shopped on the way to dinner and had a very nice time. We could not take the boat back because it has started to rain and the boats stopped running.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #568
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I figure I would take a taxi which I've read can take 30 minutes or so to get to POFQ. I imagine I would also get a taxi to Epcot as well.
If you find yourself running very short on time, why not take a taxi to POFQ, quickly drop your bags at Bell Services (right by the kerbside) and then get the taxi to take you straight over to the Beach Club for the quickest entrance to Epcot via the International Gateway (which is very close to the Canada pavilion).

Or try a couple of days before you're due to leave to get an evening ADR at LE Cellier, they are actually much easier to get now that the dining plan people are taking up all the lunch slots (as dinner is two credits).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #569
dsnyfan608
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhill View Post
We ate there last year while staying to POFQ. We took the boat. But be aware that Plant Hollywood is on the otherside of DTD. So it was a bit of a walk. we arrived very early so we shopped on the way to dinner and had a very nice time. We could not take the boat back because it has started to rain and the boats stopped running.
We think we are going to take our chances even though there are mixed reviews on the food. The $15 voucher is definitely an incentive!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #570
BlondeJungleBookFan
Looking for the Bare Necessities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhill View Post
I enjoy PH. The food is fine with me. But, I'd forgotten that it's a good hike once you get off the boat.
Andre said you could get another boat at DTD and go over to the other part of DTD...would that put you closer to PH??
5th Cruise:
Gaither Gospel Cruise Westerdam Feb 2012
4th Cruise: May 5, 2011 Disney Dream Bahamas Trip Report ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2718995
3rd Cruise: Sept 9 2010 Disney Wonder Bahamas ** 2nd Cruise: Dec 6 2009 Golden Princess to Hawaii ** First Cruise: Sept 2007 Caribbean Princess
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: