Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 07:13 AM   #496
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeputt View Post
Once time my hubby asked for a few extra coffee packets (before they started the Keurig pods) and they brought him a whole garbage bag of coffee packets!!!
WOW!!! I would have been super happy with a bag full of coffee!

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 08-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #497
RHMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyTG View Post
I currently live in the Hot Springs area. Thanks for the info! That's quite a haul!
I know Hot Springs very well. I used to live in Little Rock in the Pleasant Valley area, I went to Central High School. We visited our relatives living on Lake Hamilton, they had a house right on the lake. Sue and David Stone, David was a lawyer for the Government, Both passed away many years ago...

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #498
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by averill94 View Post
I thought I read this awhile ago somewhere else....can anyone else confirm that you can transfer to another boat for the West End?
You can get off the Port Orleans boat and then join the second line on the same dock for the internal Downtown Disney water taxi, which will take you over to DTD West Side, yes.

(I'd love to be able to transfer to/from the West End too by the way, but that's in London England )

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #499
dfin
Earning My Ears

Smile Wishes dessert party

Staying at POFQ November 23-December 2, I would love to do the Dessert party with my mother. Do you know when the November reservations will be opening up? I read that the reservations open up in the afternoon, do they sell out fast as I will be at work?
Old 08-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #500
annmorr
Mouseketeer

Just back from POFQ

I just returned last night from 4 nights at POFQ.....Here are a few random facts for anyone needing them:

Rooms: We had three rooms booked Garden View, and had requested first floor, but were thrilled to be given three rooms 1st floor (with two of them connecting and the other one adjacent) in Building 6 River View. (6133, 6134 and 6135 to be exact). They were just steps from the fire pit (for the marshmallow roast) and around the corner from the nightly movie. In about 10 visits to POFQ and having stayed in lots of different buildings/floors/rooms, these were our most favorite rooms!

Buses: 1st day to EPCOT @ 5 p.m. shared the bus with Riverside
2nd day to HS @ 8 a.m. shared the bus with Riverside
3rd day to MK @ 8 a.m. did not share with Riverside
4th day to Animal Kingdom shared with Riverside ( and dropped off and picked up at Blizzard Beach both ways.)
5th day To Polynesian @ 8 a.m.; the driver dropped off one family at the TTC for their breakfast reservation at the Contemporary, then took us directly to the Polynesian for our reservation. (There were no other passengers on the bus)
We did not share any buses on any of our return trips from the parks.

Pool: Was great for the first 4 days, then was closed on the fifth day. According to cm's the pump "blew up" overnight, and it would be a major repair. The lifeguards drove families up to Riverside via golf cart which was a nice way to go! But of course the pool there then was very crowded with guests from both resorts so we only stayed about an hour, then had another golf cart ride.

Food: We only ate twice at French Quarter, but were happy with both the "make your own" salad the first time, and the dinner options as well (pot roast, and fried chicken were both very good. But are favorite quick service meal was Downtown at Wolfgang Puck's... the roasted vegetable pizza was amazing.

Housekeeping: was good the first few days, but they skipped two of our rooms on the fourth day, and we had to call for them to service the room about 5 p.m. They did do a good job though, and left one towel bunny.

Weather: Hot but not unbearable, with an occasional storm that never lasted too long.

Parks: Never felt overly crowded to us, and we only ran into the infamous tour groups at Magic Kingdom. They filled the entire bus queue area so that it was very difficult to get past them to our bus lines, and of course their loud chanting was not what anyone wanted to hear on leaving the park at 10:30 p.m.

Observations: Love POFQ and can't wait to go back again!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #501
Houston86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmorr
I just returned last night from 4 nights at POFQ.....Here are a few random facts for anyone needing them:

Rooms: We had three rooms booked Garden View, and had requested first floor, but were thrilled to be given three rooms 1st floor (with two of them connecting and the other one adjacent) in Building 6 River View. (6133, 6134 and 6135 to be exact). They were just steps from the fire pit (for the marshmallow roast) and around the corner from the nightly movie. In about 10 visits to POFQ and having stayed in lots of different buildings/floors/rooms, these were our most favorite rooms!

Buses: 1st day to EPCOT @ 5 p.m. shared the bus with Riverside
2nd day to HS @ 8 a.m. shared the bus with Riverside
3rd day to MK @ 8 a.m. did not share with Riverside
4th day to Animal Kingdom shared with Riverside ( and dropped off and picked up at Blizzard Beach both ways.)
5th day To Polynesian @ 8 a.m.; the driver dropped off one family at the TTC for their breakfast reservation at the Contemporary, then took us directly to the Polynesian for our reservation. (There were no other passengers on the bus)

Pool: Was great for the first 4 days, then was closed on the fifth day. According to cm's the pump "blew up" overnight, and it would be a major repair. The lifeguards drove families up to Riverside via golf cart which was a nice way to go! But of course the pool there then was very crowded with guests from both resorts so we only stayed about an hour, then had another golf cart ride.

Food: We only ate twice at French Quarter, but were happy with both the "make your own" salad the first time, and the dinner options as well (pot roast, and fried chicken were both very good. But are favorite quick service meal was Downtown at Wolfgang Puck's... the roasted vegetable pizza was amazing.

Housekeeping: was good the first few days, but they skipped two of our rooms on the fourth day, and we had to call for them to service the room about 5 p.m. They did do a good job though, and left one towel bunny.

Weather: Hot but not unbearable, with an occasional storm that never lasted too long.

Parks: Never felt overly crowded to us, and we only ran into the infamous tour groups at Magic Kingdom. They filled the entire bus queue area so that it was very difficult to get past them to our bus lines, and of course their loud chanting was not what anyone wanted to hear on leaving the park at 10:30 p.m.

Any idea how long the pool will be down?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Many day trips as a kid grew up in Florida, 1995 CBR, 2000 Contemporary, 2008 POFQ, 2009 POFQ, 2012 POFQ, 2015 AoA
Old 08-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #502
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

Oh no we r coming from the uk on tues. ALL my dd gies on about is the slide in the pool :-(
Any news plse???
Old 08-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #503
maganda
Mrs. Mike Wazowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfin View Post
Staying at POFQ November 23-December 2, I would love to do the Dessert party with my mother. Do you know when the November reservations will be opening up? I read that the reservations open up in the afternoon, do they sell out fast as I will be at work?
http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2699362

Yes, they do sell out quickly. Subscribe to the link above - lots of good info on when dates have historically become available. Also, people will post when they've made their ressies so it will give you a good idea of when your date might come up. I stalked for weeks until I was lucky enough to snag a reservation for 7/4. Sure hope you get to experience this - it was phenomenal!
Star Wars Weekend
Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland (19.3)
2014 adventures:
Marathon Weekend (26.2)
Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour day
Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Old 08-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #504
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

Andrew, do you havs any information about the pool plse???
Old 08-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #505
averill94
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reply Andre! ( One day I will get to the West End !)

Does anybody know if they sell distilled water in the gift shop?

I know they have bottled water but distilled is needed for some medical equipment a family member will have.

If not I will order it online but it would be great if they had it onsite.

Thanks!!!!
Margaret
Old 08-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #506
averill94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmorr View Post

Buses:

How did you snag your own bus to the Poly? Pretty neat!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #507
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by averill94 View Post
I know they have bottled water but distilled is needed for some medical equipment a family member will have.
No idea, but try the WDW Special Assistance line (1-407-939-7807) who should be able to find out for you.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #508
RHMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by averill94
Thanks for the reply Andre! ( One day I will get to the West End !)

Does anybody know if they sell distilled water in the gift shop?

If not I will order it online but it would be great if they had it onsite.

Thanks!!!!
Margaret
Margaret - they do not offer Distilled water. Try Wego Shopping.com. - In my opionon it is the most affordable and no minimum. You choose the store, brand and the product. They will shop and deliver to your Resort. I use to order from other Groc delivery companies but I ended up ordering thing I did not use to reach the minimum. Ended up giving it away as we left the Resort.

DD 15 ME 56 Issac 24
DLR 2014
Old 08-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #509
averill94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Margaret - they do not offer Distilled water. Try Wego Shopping.com. - In my opionon it is the most affordable and no minimum. You choose the store, brand and the product. They will shop and deliver to your Resort. I use to order from other Groc delivery companies but I ended up ordering thing I did not use to reach the minimum. Ended up giving it away as we left the Resort.
Oh this is great news!!! Thank you so much for responding

I too have used the other grovery delivery...trying to save a few bucks then buying things to reach the minimum!!

I really appreciate it.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #510
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

sorry Andre....... I "guessed" your name....

Just you always have so much info on the hotel, I wondered if you knew about the pool please?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: