Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #2941
Martyap
Mouseketeer

Just Back From PORFQ Today.

Just back from PORFQ today. We had three garden view rooms in building 5.
Just a few observations that might help someone.

1. Very compact resort which we loved. We walked to POR and felt it was too large and too spread out. Was a wonderful week!

2. Garden view rooms were perfect. You really do not spend that much time in the rooms. Building 5 was close to the reception, food court and pool. Great location. We did send a fax before we arrived and they did at least provide one of the three rooms with a refrigerator.

3. Both POR and PORFQ had decent food courts. Ate lunch in both and they were OK. Great for snacks and drinks. Could not believe that two scoops of ice cream between two large cookies was a single snack credit.

4. Buses were good. They don't often wait around so if you are not standing at the stop they will probably leave.

5. Take advantage of EMH if you can. Also, fastpass really helped.

6. One family used the DME and it was excellent. We all used RAC and it was perfect.

7. Ate TS meals at 'Ohana/excellent; Mama Melrose-Fantasmic/excellent; BOG/only fair; HDDR/very good; Akershus/very good
Old 08-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #2942
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyap View Post
Just back from PORFQ today. We had three garden view rooms in building 5.
Just a few observations that might help someone.

1. Very compact resort which we loved. We walked to POR and felt it was too large and too spread out. Was a wonderful week!

2. Garden view rooms were perfect. You really do not spend that much time in the rooms. Building 5 was close to the reception, food court and pool. Great location. We did send a fax before we arrived and they did at least provide one of the three rooms with a refrigerator.

3. Both POR and PORFQ had decent food courts. Ate lunch in both and they were OK. Great for snacks and drinks. Could not believe that two scoops of ice cream between two large cookies was a single snack credit.

4. Buses were good. They don't often wait around so if you are not standing at the stop they will probably leave.

5. Take advantage of EMH if you can. Also, fastpass really helped.

6. One family used the DME and it was excellent. We all used RAC and it was perfect.

7. Ate TS meals at 'Ohana/excellent; Mama Melrose-Fantasmic/excellent; BOG/only fair; HDDR/very good; Akershus/very good

Building 5-- were you on the pool side or the other side?
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #2943
Martyap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
Building 5-- were you on the pool side or the other side?
We were on the second floor, garden side. Location was really convenient to reception, bus stop, food court and pool. Rooms 5243, 44, 45. A little construction in the garden area to the right of our rooms but had no bearing on our stay.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #2944
kellicb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
Does anyone know when Christmas decorations usually go up?
I know they're up by November 12th. Resort decorations went up while I was staying there during the week of the 12th.

Aug '89 - Offsite, Aug '92 - Offsite, Aug '94 - The Disney Inn
Sep '99 - Dixie Landings, July '04 - Caribbean Beach, Oct '06 - Coronado Springs
Nov '08 - All Star Music, June '09 - Old Key West, Dec '10 - Port Orleans Riverside
Nov '11 - Port Orleans Riverside, Nov '12 - Caribbean Beach, Sep '13 - Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 08-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #2945
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

117 days but who's counting
Old 08-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #2946
FireWife70
Earning My Ears

I'm counting! But a couple more days .. 125 for us! :D
Old 08-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #2947
averill94
DIS Veteran

Hey gang!

We are leaving in 2 weeks and can't wait to get home . I am reading backwards and am on page 190.

What is going on with the fridges?

Looking forward to another wonderful stay at POFQ.

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #2948
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Quote:
Originally Posted by averill94 View Post
Hey gang!

We are leaving in 2 weeks and can't wait to get home . I am reading backwards and am on page 190.

What is going on with the fridges?

Looking forward to another wonderful stay at POFQ.

Thanks!
Fridges are being pulled at the resorts... It's possible when you arrive, you won't have one in your room....

This is a real bummer for us, we leave in 72 days and rely on that fridge for everything....

Disney has not contacted us at all about the fridge, and with other guests placing orders with grocery delivery services and then finding out their room has none... Really upsetting...

Ya think Disney could swap out the fridges easily, couldn't cost them 50 bucks each for quantities ....

We always left the door of the cupboard propped open so fridge operated better.... That seems to be the fridge problem I'm guessing... Couldn't breathe and get ride of hot air....so be prepared!!

DIS Dads Club Member
Old 08-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #2949
Martyap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
Fridges are being pulled at the resorts... It's possible when you arrive, you won't have one in your room....

This is a real bummer for us, we leave in 72 days and rely on that fridge for everything....

Disney has not contacted us at all about the fridge, and with other guests placing orders with grocery delivery services and then finding out their room has none... Really upsetting...

Ya think Disney could swap out the fridges easily, couldn't cost them 50 bucks each for quantities ....

We always left the door of the cupboard propped open so fridge operated better.... That seems to be the fridge problem I'm guessing... Couldn't breathe and get ride of hot air....so be prepared!!
Just got home yesterday. Had three rooms.....two had refrigerators that were not working......one had a brand new refrigerator.......guess they are working on it.....they do try to honor requests.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #2950
Jellybass
Mouseketeer

3 weeks from today and we go to Ohio!! Ohio is where we are telling our kids we are going, I pray for the eardrums of the people near us when the kids actually figure out where we are going.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #2951
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

We leave next Friday for our first FQ stay in maybe 3 years. (Loved it before and sure we will again).

Question though, I know it's a roll of the dice, but I'll ask anyway. We have a room only reservation for Saturday the 17th, and our actual package starts on Sunday the 18th. (Free dining bounce back from last year). I was told when I made the rezzies there is no guarantee that we will get to stay in the same room for the package as for the one day, but that it most likely COULD happen. Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm really hoping we don't have to move Sunday morning as one of the primary reasons we booked the room only on Saturday was that so we could get a bright and early start at the parks on Sunday. I'd hate to have to check out and not back in again until 3pm Sunday.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 08-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #2952
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex
We leave next Friday for our first FQ stay in maybe 3 years. (Loved it before and sure we will again).

Question though, I know it's a roll of the dice, but I'll ask anyway. We have a room only reservation for Saturday the 17th, and our actual package starts on Sunday the 18th. (Free dining bounce back from last year). I was told when I made the rezzies there is no guarantee that we will get to stay in the same room for the package as for the one day, but that it most likely COULD happen. Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm really hoping we don't have to move Sunday morning as one of the primary reasons we booked the room only on Saturday was that so we could get a bright and early start at the parks on Sunday. I'd hate to have to check out and not back in again until 3pm Sunday.
1 - we have had this type of split stay 4 times and have never had to move, just our experience.

2 - You are going to have to go to the front desk Sunday morning and check out/in even if you are staying in the same room, but you can do it very early Sunday morning.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 08-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #2953
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
1 - we have had this type of split stay 4 times and have never had to move, just our experience.

2 - You are going to have to go to the front desk Sunday morning and check out/in even if you are staying in the same room, but you can do it very early Sunday morning.
Thanks for the reply! Good news, now here's crossing fingers and toes we don't have to move, LOL.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 08-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #2954
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

We are heading down at the end of September and I need a room with a fridge. We have medicine and bottles that will need to be refrigerated so I am guessing I should call and add that request now or should I wait until a couple days before and fax it?

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
Old 08-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #2955
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979 View Post
We are heading down at the end of September and I need a room with a fridge. We have medicine and bottles that will need to be refrigerated so I am guessing I should call and add that request now or should I wait until a couple days before and fax it?
I called the resort directly to ask and they told me 10 days out was the best time to call and put in the request.

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: