Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #2401
dani7776
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 137

We check in Aug 30th also =)
dani7776 is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #2402
dani7776
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post

We check in August 30 as well 83 days and counting
Us too Aug 30 =)
dani7776 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #2403
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?
 
bookgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In a OK state
Posts: 5,909

Quote:
Originally Posted by farah View Post
I have a last minute question. Do you know if the resort store sells half gallon milk and a small tub of cream cheese? I was going to order through garden grocer but we don't have $40 worth of groceries. Thanks!!
Yes on the milk. I know they have the small cc in the food court. Since they sell bagels, cream cheese is a pretty good bet as well.
__________________
DL 3/2000 OFFSITE WDW 1/2009 ASMu WDW 9/2011 BC&POFQ WDW/IOA 10/2012 AoA/POFQ/ASMu WDW 10/2013 POR WDW 3/2014 AllStarSports WDW 7/14 Offsite AAU Nationals @ WWoS
UPCOMING: 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #2404
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran
 
fairytalelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rocklin California
Posts: 1,197

We will be staying at POFQ soon for the first time and we can't wait!
__________________



ME DH DS
Disneyland (hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/2005 & 12/2005 Disney Fairytale Wedding at Disneyland 6/2005; Walt Disney World 2/2004, 6/2005, 5/2012; Port Orleans Riverside 2/2004 & 6/2005; All Star Movies Resort 5/2012; Port Orleans, French Quarter 10/2014; Disney Wonder 6/2005; Disney Dream 4/2012; Disney Fantasy 10/2014
fairytalelover is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #2405
labfan
Mouseketeer
 
labfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 367

We just returned from our stay there. The resort is beautiful. We were in building 1 - 3rd floor. Connecting rooms 1347 and 1348. Also 1348 was a corner room and we had garden view.
I thought everything was so compact. Not a long walk to anywhere.
Enjoyed the boat ride to Downtown Disney as well.
We didn't eat much at the resort except one night my daughter had the make your own pasta and I had the Chicken sandwich.
We also enjoyed the beignets - they were delicious and were freshly made each time we ordered them.
I will definitely come here again,
labfan is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #2406
Jellybass
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4disneygenerations View Post
Hey, Jellybass We are, myself, my daughter, her two daughters (17 & 9) and 2 girl cousins (14 & 9). This will be the cousins first time to WDW.

We have never had a bad stay at POFQ. As always we just can't wait, all the planning is done and now just the collecting of what we will be taking with us. I'm a major list person and love checking things off.

Best wishes for a magical vacation to all

I know, we always get everything planned and even would (kind of) start packing now but we are trying to have the whole thing be a surprise for our girls so the idea is to wake them up at 4 in the morning on the day we leave with stuffed Mickey dolls and tell them we are going to visit him.
__________________
Jellybass is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #2407
Helsie
Earning My Ears
 
Helsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 29

What's the best way for a group of 12 without a car to get from POFQ to universal for a couple of days? Not sure if there are taxis that can take us all , and what it would cost, or if we should hire a minibus for a couple of days. If we do hire, do rental companies come to the hotel?
Helsie is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #2408
farah
Mouseketeer
 
farah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post

Yes on the milk. I know they have the small cc in the food court. Since they sell bagels, cream cheese is a pretty good bet as well.
Thank you!
__________________
1986-off-site WDW; 1991ish-off site WDW; 2003 off-siteWDW; 2007 All Star Movies WDW; 2011 Disney Magic Western Caribbean; 2013 Port Orleans French Quarter WDW; 2014 Disneyland-Off-site
farah is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #2409
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 7,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helsie View Post
What's the best way for a group of 12 without a car to get from POFQ to universal for a couple of days? Not sure if there are taxis that can take us all , and what it would cost, or if we should hire a minibus for a couple of days. If we do hire, do rental companies come to the hotel?
Check out this thread on the Transportation board:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2517318
siskaren is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #2410
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7
 
TinkerbellLuvr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL-5 mins from the WDW Arch!
Posts: 5,247

Staying for 5 nights July 3-8th!!! This will be our third stay at POFQ for the year!! We're hoping for building 5 again with the same king room as in Jan and March!!!!
__________________
Me(Megan)
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #2411
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran
 
lpizzuro123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,078

I have not read through the all the posts but I was wondering when the reservations are supposed to be completed. We are not checking in until November - hope everything is completed by then.

Linda
__________________

lpizzuro123 is offline  
Old 06-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #2412
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
I have not read through the all the posts but I was wondering when the reservations are supposed to be completed. We are not checking in until November - hope everything is completed by then.
Erm, what reservations? Or do you mean the Lobby Refurbishment, which is due to be finished by next month (see FAQ in first post, it's highlighted in red).

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 06-10-2013 at 04:20 AM.
andrewilley is offline  
Old 06-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #2413
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,462

Quote:
Originally Posted by labfan View Post
We just returned from our stay there. The resort is beautiful. We were in building 1 - 3rd floor. Connecting rooms 1347 and 1348. Also 1348 was a corner room and we had garden view.
I thought everything was so compact. Not a long walk to anywhere.
Enjoyed the boat ride to Downtown Disney as well.
We didn't eat much at the resort except one night my daughter had the make your own pasta and I had the Chicken sandwich.
We also enjoyed the beignets - they were delicious and were freshly made each time we ordered them.
I will definitely come here again,
When did the make your own pasta become available at French Quarter? I know that Riverside has it, but in all my stays at French Quarter -the last in May this year- they only had pasta with meatballs.
The beignets are always freshly made when ordered.
cruisingkat is offline  
Old 06-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #2414
Jellybass
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingkat View Post
When did the make your own pasta become available at French Quarter? I know that Riverside has it, but in all my stays at French Quarter -the last in May this year- they only had pasta with meatballs.
The beignets are always freshly made when ordered.
You just made my day, I was thinking I would need to ask for fresh Beignet's.
__________________
Jellybass is offline  
Old 06-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #2415
rccllap
Who is this kid and why is he calling me Mom?
 
rccllap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
Do you remember the choices, such as did they offer connecting and non-connecting rooms and is the top floor an option? TY!
There were only four options. Ground floor; Second floor; near transportation; corner room. You get to pick two. Since we're in a King bed room, the corner is automatic (I think, based on info from this thread in fact).

The next page offered the early check in request, with the notification that it negates the other requests.
__________________
Next trip for DM and DS: March 29th
and I get to join them April 2!

Whoohooooo
rccllap is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: