Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #1966
labfan
Mouseketeer

I guess I'll just wash some stuff in my room if I need to.
I don't like carrying or using credit cards or debit cards. Too easy to spend more than I need or want to. Easier with cash on hand. What I have with me is what I have to spend.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #1967
labfan
Mouseketeer

Just remembered that I have Disney Gift Cards - are the washers and dryers set up to accept these or do you have to use a credit/debit card?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #1968
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by labfan
I don't like carrying or using credit cards or debit cards. Too easy to spend more than I need or want to. Easier with cash on hand. What I have with me is what I have to spend.
All it takes is some self restraint, set yourself a limit and stick to it. I do it all the time!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

Old 04-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #1969
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by labfan View Post
Just remembered that I have Disney Gift Cards - are the washers and dryers set up to accept these or do you have to use a credit/debit card?
Andre said that right now it is Debit/Credit card only.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #1970
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydancemom View Post
My daughter (celebrating her 24th birthday) and I just returned from our first ever stay in a Disney resort (have always stayed off property but used AAA discount and decided to really celebrate) and LOVED POFQ! I chose this resort based on reading many posts on this disboard because it sounded like the perfect resort for me (I have a bad back, and often suffer from tendinitis in my hip, so have difficulty walking so liked the idea of a small resort). I had requested building 7 third floor, and had paid for garden view, hoping for a quiet stay. We were upgraded at check-in to river view, corner room, #7341 (two queen beds). It was absolutely the room I would have requested if I'd wanted to pay extra for the river view, so to be upgraded was such a treat The room was beautiful, we loved the decor, and it was very clean and we were well taken care of by mousekeeping. We loved seeing the boats pass by and loved our ride to POR, loved hearing the horses clomping by with the carriages, loved the pool and even with my back issues, which usually prevent me from doing any waterslides, I could even enjoy this one, my daughter loved her beignets, we watched Tangled on the lawn one night which we had never seen, toasted marshmallows at the campfire, ate lunch one day at POFQ and dinner one night at POR. Overall we loved everything about this resort! I'll definitely stay there again
Glad you enjoyed your stay at POFQ!! We love it there and DS10 who is not a strong swimmer loves the slide

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 04-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #1971
CalicoSky
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by labfan View Post
A Visa/MasterCard gift card might be an option to consider. It's preloaded with a specific amount to avoid the risk of overspending but otherwise works just as any credit card would. I've seen them available to load with amounts as small as $20.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:04 AM   #1972
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Andre said that right now it is Debit/Credit card only.
I don't know for sure how WDW gift cards work though... some mall gift cards for example are effectively pre-loaded payment cards which work like a debit card except you are limited to the balance on the card only.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #1973
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Actually I think the new RFID resorts have already been doing this and paying with thier KTTK cards/bands. I willing to bet you can use your KTTK card to pay and then pay cash when you pay for your room (if you have charging privliges). If not then you might check and see if you can pay using a gift card.

I usually use cash to pay for the washers as well but if not then I'll make do.
Here now with the Guest Update in front of me. Quote:
Key To The World cards are not acceptable forms of payment.

Doesn't get any clearer than that and I don't think they would lie. I saw one lady try to use her KTTW card yesterday and it did not work.

I took pics of averything but won't be on my desktop for another week.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #1974
labfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoSky View Post
A Visa/MasterCard gift card might be an option to consider. It's preloaded with a specific amount to avoid the risk of overspending but otherwise works just as any credit card would. I've seen them available to load with amounts as small as $20.
Totally forgot about these.
I can get a few of these to go along with my Disney gift cards to use for the laundry if needed and at any non-Disney places.
Going down the end of May and keep rethinking what I'm going to need to have.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #1975
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35

Glad you enjoyed your stay at POFQ!! We love it there and DS10 who is not a strong swimmer loves the slide
POFQ is our home away from home, both our kids, DS9 (we'll be celebrating his 10th at WDW in November) and DD5 both love the pool and slide, as well as the boat to DTD!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

Old 04-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #1976
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Changing Dates/Adding Package

We are thinking about changing the dates we plan to spend at POFQ by about two weeks in January 2014. We have room only reservations and plan to add a package when they are avail this summer.

My family has their heart set on staying at POFQ again and I do not want to disappoint. We have only stayed at the FQ once before and I well understand how popular this resort is. If we do change the dates - does it make sense to change the room only reservation now and is there a fee associated? Or, does it make sense to wait until the package plans are avail and change everything then? My family is worred if we wait until booking the package to change the dates - rooms might no longer be avail at POFQ for the new dates.

What are the chances of a discount such as FD being avail at POFQ? Last time we were making our plans in January of 2012 - one of the reservations folks told us we could only have the FD if we moved to another moderate while another CM from reservations added the FD and did not require us to switch resorts (thank goodness)

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
Old 04-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #1977
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
If we do change the dates - does it make sense to change the room only reservation now and is there a fee associated?
If you definitely want to change your dates, do it now anyway. There is no charge from Disney.

You can then see what offers come out closer to the time - but if any do get released, jump on them quickly as POFQ does not always have as much availability as other resorts.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #1978
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The work will be on the check-in lobby only, and will be from 15 May until around mid-July.
Just to let everyone know, the start date for the POFQ Lobby Refurbishment will be Monday 13th May (not the 15th). Starting on a Wednesday always seemed an odd choice to me in the first place.

Andre

Old 04-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #1979
mya174
Earning My Ears

We had a fantastic stay back in January! It was our first family visit and we have Disney fever now. We are a family of 5 (the youngest was 2 at the time of our visit). Planning our next visit for late 2014/early 2015. Will we be able to return FQ with our boys (ages 10, 7 and 4)? We used an air mattress at our last stay for one son because the youngest wouldn't use the pack n play.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #1980
Sgt. Tibbs
Earning My Ears

Any recommendations on rooms/buildings for first timers here? Not first timers to Disney, but will be our first stay at the FQ. We are going to have 4 adults and 2 children (children will be 6 and 9). I am already going to request connecting rooms which does make things difficult to get a better view when asking for an upgrade at check-in. Seems like a few of you have gotten upgrades without even asking which is nice. Anything special I should request? For repeat visitors, where did you find you liked being the most on property?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: