Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #16
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

You actually want a little cooler weather in Yosemite right now. This time of year when it's warmer there are thunderstorms.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #17
Mommy2BnB
Mouseketeer

Ariel's hair is so cute! And I want to see some pics of your hair, too. I've noticed a few grays in my hair lately. I wanted to just jerk them out, but I've always heard that 3 will grow back in it's place. So instead, I have cut them as close to my scalp as I can. I figure I'll have to start dying my hair in a year or two, but this works for now.
Mommy2BnB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #18
Torrance
Earning My Ears

Love Ariel's haircut! The stylist nailed it! How cool that Donald and the older girls are taking care of their own packing, so it's one less thing for you to worry about!

I'm so glad you're in "excited" mode! You definitely should be - this is going to be an awesome trip!!!

Currently Planning: Jul '14 My Birthday Bash at DL, Jan '14 DL Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon,Dec '13 Mommy-Daughter DL Trip, Sep '13 "Girls Only" DL Trip, Dec '12 Mommy-Daughter DL Trip, Jun '12 Honeymoon at WDW! Sep '11 Married at DL! Jun '11 DL, Aug '10 DL, Jun '10 "Engagaversary" at DL! Pre-'10 Numerous Family DL Trips.
Torrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:28 AM   #19
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
You actually want a little cooler weather in Yosemite right now. This time of year when it's warmer there are thunderstorms.
This is good to know. Today is the day!!! We are all packed and we have one suitcase for actual coats and scarves and gloves. It's going to be odd to dress for 45 degrees in the morning and 87 by 3:00! Quite the temperature swing. But if it means no rain, I'll take it. We'll just leave that suitcase in the rental car once we get to the HoJo.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments on Ariel's hair. I high,ighted it just a tiny bit when I did my hair last night. So I will post a picture of my now completed hair and hers later today. She is giving the speech at her honors ceremony (one of two students to get all A's all year) so I'll have someone take a picture of the two of us together.

I handed my job off yesterday morning. It took longer than I was planning and I got less done at my house than I was anticipating. But Donald was in GO mode last night and so he filled in all the blanks and once I change the sheets, the house will be clean.

We got a nice surprise this weekend when Donald's parents gave us $1000 for our trip! And they gave each of the girls money too. Definitely makes it feel easier and we can just get and do whatever we want. Mostly it's paid for anyway, but now it's even nicer. I went and got another $100 in gift cards at Kroger. So we'll get $1.00 off per gallon on our tank of gas and we have $350.00 in gift cards to spend there. With our Minnie breakfast we'll easily be able to spend that.

We leave for the airport in 9 hours.

See ya there...
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #20
Laura Loves Tigger
Earning My Ears

Safe travels!! Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear all the details when you return.

Laura Loves Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #21
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Enjoy! I am awaiting your return to read the TR!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #22
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Ariel did SO good on her speech today!

We are mostly packed. I'm actually doing paperwork here at home while I watch Sherlock. It may not be a good plan as it's the Moriarty one and it's making me terribly nervous. And I may not have time to finish watching it before we go. 2 weeks before I find out what happens???

Here is Mulan holding our countdown chain right after we made it.

And here is Boo taking down our final circle off our countdown chain this morning.

And here is Mulan with her friends getting her academic props.

And that is pretty much it. You've been brought up to speed picture wise.

I took Boo to Wal-mart and got her hair cut and they had a clearance bin of Lion King things. So we bought a new Nala and Simba. Very exciting. And for $5.00 MUCH cheaper than deciding to buy them at Disneyland itself.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #23
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I hope you have an amazing trip! I also hope you find my state as beautiful as I do. Yosemite is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #24
knitster
DIS Veteran

Your girls are just beautiful!

I hope you have a smooth trip and a magical time at Disneyland! Can't wait to hear all about it!!
knitster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #25
taymaesmom
DIS Veteran

Have fun! Can't wait til you get back to read your TR!!

P.S. I cannot believe how big your girls are getting, I've been following you from almost the begining!!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #26
sassie_kat
Mouseketeer

I absolutely love reading your trip reports. Your family is adorable and you and your sister have the same relationship my sister and I wish we were able to have! (We're several states apart but talk on the phone all the time!!)

Have fun in DL - I can't wait for your updates.
sassie_kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #27
Torrance
Earning My Ears

Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to read about it when you get back!

Your hair looks great, and the highlights are very cute in Ariel's hair! Congrats to both your "big" girls on their academic achievements!

Currently Planning: Jul '14 My Birthday Bash at DL, Jan '14 DL Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon,Dec '13 Mommy-Daughter DL Trip, Sep '13 "Girls Only" DL Trip, Dec '12 Mommy-Daughter DL Trip, Jun '12 Honeymoon at WDW! Sep '11 Married at DL! Jun '11 DL, Aug '10 DL, Jun '10 "Engagaversary" at DL! Pre-'10 Numerous Family DL Trips.
Torrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #28
Mommy2BnB
Mouseketeer

Have a great trip!
Mommy2BnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #29
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Hi all! Thanks for the kind words and well wishes. We had a GREAT trip! Currently I'm sitting in the LAX airport awaiting my flight to Denver.

Here's a little picture preview:

Old 06-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #30
taymaesmom
DIS Veteran

Yeah so excited! Love the pics, can't wait for the trip report!

Where was the first pic taken, its amazing!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: