The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
SaraHyland
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Hilton hotel across from downtown disney (quick review with few pics)

We stayed here on May 5, 2013 but only checked in and came back at 2 in the morning to sleep so I don't have that many details but I have the jist of everything.

We checked in at 3 which I thought was going to be a problem because my aunt bought the hotel and she wasn't there for check in and at first the front desk people wouldn't let us check in but after receiving a call from my aunt everything was fine and we were able to check in right away.

We were in room 1059 on the tenth floor (which is the business floor i guess? shes a rewards member or something like that). The room had 2 double beds, a coffee/tea maker, in room safe, fridge, mini-bar, all that jazz. It was nice, a little bigger than I thought too. I loved the view, nothing special but the trees were nice and everything was beautiful at night. The tv had like a internet access and had a wireless keyboard. The room came with plenty of extra pillows and towels and omg the first hotel ive been to where the towels were actually wrapping comfortably around us !

I can't really rate this hotel because I feel as if I didn't spend that much time in it but I can give you my pros and cons list.

Pros
-SO clean
-Breakfast buffet with Disney characters 10 bucks if you are just upgrading from the continental breakfast, 20 bucks full price.
-Location, right across the street from downtown disney!
-Free shuttle every 30 mins to any of the disney parks
-Extra magic hours if you stay here
-nice rooms

Cons
-You have to pay for parking even if its just one car
-theres like no parking when you get there, and if you do find it its far away from the building
-Parking system was "down" so we had to argue with the guy everytime we wanted to come back and park even though we had a printed out receipt of paying for parking and the front desk even told us to tell him to call us if we had a problem
-felt kind of humid in the room we were in

We would deff stay again! Maybe the first night so we could enjoy the hotel a little more? We did have breakfast the next morning which was only 10 dollars to upgrade from our free continental breakfast (only the cold items), and it included the disney characters coming around from table to table which I hadn't known so that was a pleasant surprise! The breakfast included lots of different juices (cranberry,orange, lemonade,apple), yogurts,milks,fruits,make your own omlette, mickey waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon. sausage,potato hash with sauteed onions,eggs benedict, sausage gravy,oatmeal,sweet potato hash, some cereals, and different breads (muffins,crescents,rolls, etc)

Again , we would stay again! Not too sure of how much the hotel was, when I looked online it said $115 for the room we stayed in for that date, but on the paper it said 40,000 points? I think...Oh well we liked this hotel

SaraHyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
jenemme
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the review! Heading there a week from today. Thanks for the breakfast tip, that is very helpful info!!

Jen
jenemme is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
nono
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the pictures! Ahhh, brings back memories! The apple lamp -- point of it still eludes me!

We are going back there for a couple nights in Sept. We've enjoyed the food there, esp. the pool bar/restaurant.
nono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
jesika979
Earning My Ears

thanks for thereview ... couldnt decide between here or one of the value resorts only because of my girls. The breakfast is def. a plus!!! We will be there in August for the 1st time!!! i think my choice is here!!!
jesika979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
GGGhosts
Earning My Ears

Thinking of staying at the Hilton in December. Can you tell me how you take advantage of extra magic hours? Do you just show your resort ID at the entrance (along with your ticket)? How about when you want to go on attractions?

Thanks!
GGGhosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #6
happymommy
DIS Veteran

What would sell me is the brand of toiletries - Peter Thomas Roth?! I buy that brand and it's like $35 a bottle for my face wash! Wow.

Glad you enjoyed the night! Looks nice.

Previous WDW vacations include:
CR as a child with parents 1992 offsite twice 1993 Honeymoon GF 1995 BC 1996 SOG 2000 GF 2001 BWV 2003 (spring break) CR 2003 (summer) AKL 2003 (Christmas break including NYE) AKL concierge 2005 summer BWV 2006 April Swan 2006 August Dolphin 2007 March AKL 2007 August Dolphin 2008 March 7 Night Western on the Magic
2008 August (The Dark Side) PBH 2008 Dec BWI 2009 March Swan 2010 March Offsite (Grande Vista) 2010 December BWV plus 2 nights Marriott's Harbour Lake and 3 bonus nights snowed in at the Aiport Renaissance 2011 March Offsite (Marriott's Harbour Lake) 2012 August Offsite (Marriott's Grande Vista and Sabal Palms) March 2014 BWV
happymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
disneygrlz609
Earning My Ears

I've never stayed here, but we are having our wedding here on8/31/12. Hope all goes well!
disneygrlz609 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: