Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
daystar91
Earning My Ears

Any Black Friday Shoppers?

Any black Friday shoppers? Does anyone know if NFL online store, American Girl and Victoria Secrets have a black Friday sale online?
I'm curious what is everyone looking for this year and hoping to get a great deal on.

DH DW
DS DS DD
daystar91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
Alexle2007
Mouseketeer

I LOVE Black Friday! It's one of my favorite days! Although I never really need anything and usually just ending up buying for myself or family and not Christmas presents for the most part.
Alexle2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
OrangeBirdGirl
Mouseketeer

I do shopping but just online because we are now take a long weekend vacation for Thanksgiving. I just started that last year and thought I would miss the shopping but not one bit. Got everything i needed online.

Last year Victoria's Secret was giving away a tote I believe for their BF online.

I don't have anything really to shop for. No kids to buy for at Christmas, so no toys. I usually end up stocking up on blu-rays when they are cheap. Sometimes board games. That's about the extend of my shopping. I always end up finding a lot of stuff to order online.
OrangeBirdGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #4
Wendie
Earning My Ears

I love Black Friday shopping and enjoy watching the sites that post ads and best deals weeks before the big day.

This year is kind of disappointing so far because I don't have any big ticket (or little ticket LOL) items that I'm hoping to see on sale, so that takes some of the fun away. Maybe something will pop up on the "so and so wants this" radar over the next month or so though.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:15 PM   #5
Jingojango
Earning My Ears

Go to bfads.com and subscribe to their mailing list. They started sending out information this week they will have the BF ads weeks before they are released. I do much of my shopping based on their information.
Jingojango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:22 PM   #6
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexle2007 View Post
I LOVE Black Friday! It's one of my favorite days! Although I never really need anything and usually just ending up buying for myself or family and not Christmas presents for the most part.
This is what I do! I buy gifts sometimes, but I try to be done by then.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #7
nicolita3
DIS Veteran

I love shopping on black Friday, just a little worried about the rumors about stores opening at noon..
Old 10-17-2014, 10:33 PM   #8
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolita3 View Post
I love shopping on black Friday, just a little worried about the rumors about stores opening at noon..
Yikes. I hope that isn't true!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #9
nicolita3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keahgirl8

Yikes. I hope that isn't true!
On some of the other bf websites some target employees are saying they need to be prepared to come in at 12 noon on Thanksgiving day
Old 10-17-2014, 10:46 PM   #10
wishesuponastar
DIS Veteran

Last year was the first year I went out. I went with Dd16 at 4am and it was fun watching her find deals in the mall and use her gift cards. I bought a couple things at Hollister for 40 off that was great! This year I think Dd13 will join us and maybe DD26 too.
wishesuponastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:04 AM   #11
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
On some of the other bf websites some target employees are saying they need to be prepared to come in at 12 noon on Thanksgiving day
Yuck!! I hope that rumor isn't true but I wouldn't be surprised to see it. We will not be going out on Thursday.

DD & I love to go but we don't get into those crush of people fighting over 9 items types of situations. We did line up a few times to get into a store but we've never tried for the really big ticket items. It's just fun to see the Christmas decorations and get out to a few places.

We usually go for some cheap DVDs, video games, PJs, and smaller items. We got a great deal on a new computer last year but I don't think there will be any big ticket purchases this year.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #12
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

We got some great deals on the Disney online website last November. They were closing out the 2013 merchandise.
MillauFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #13
daystar91
Earning My Ears

Really noon...That's when we have thanksgiving dinner so then we probably wont go out until later on regardless what's on sale...If that's the case it kind of ruins our tradition, we shop till early morning and then out to Dennys for breakfast....

DH DW
DS DS DD
daystar91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:43 PM   #14
auger
DIS Veteran

I really hate that the stores have changed Black Friday to a Thursday thing.
I feel sorry for the employees who lose the chance to spend Thanksgiving with their families, and for the shoppers who feel that a bargain is more important than keeping Thanksgiving Day a holiday to spend with family.

I have shopped Black Friday sales for thirty years, and I think I will be out if they go any earlier than they did last year.
Even last year, I chose to stay home on Thursday.
Just didn't have any desire to spend Thanksgiving at stores!

It's called Black FRIDAY for a reason!
auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #15
missbrooke06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auger View Post
I really hate that the stores have changed Black Friday to a Thursday thing. I feel sorry for the employees who lose the chance to spend Thanksgiving with their families, and for the shoppers who feel that a bargain is more important than keeping Thanksgiving Day a holiday to spend with family. I have shopped Black Friday sales for thirty years, and I think I will be out if they go any earlier than they did last year. Even last year, I chose to stay home on Thursday. Just didn't have any desire to spend Thanksgiving at stores! It's called Black FRIDAY for a reason!
The one thing I do like (and this is a selfish aspect I would give up for people to have a Thanksgiving) is that when we're done for the night around 11 or 12, I go right to the stores and they're dead because everyone shopped at 8. I'm not getting TVs or laptops but I wasn't getting those anyway. I was literally the only person at the sporting goods store at 2am on Black Friday.
missbrooke06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: