Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #1
henry lutz
Mouseketeer

disney movie club

Has anyone tried the disney movie club ... it is a good deal....I don't know the average price of movies after my initial purchases

Many thanks Walt.
henry lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
Lady Marie
Earning My Ears

I'm curious too. DH and I thought about it, but never really looked 100% into it.

I'd love to hear if other did it and what they thought!

Disneyland: 1993
Disneyland Paris: 2014
Walt Disney World: 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

[/url]
Lady Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #3
Happy2BGoofy
Mouseketeer

Is a great way to build your Disney collection. I live in Canada and the prices average between $30 to $38 CAN (I purchase BR, much less if you buy DVD) after your initial purchase. For each title of the month you have the choice to buy or not. If you do, it often comes with the opportunity to get a second movie much cheaper that you would normally do and free shipping.

I have been a member since 2008 and always look forward to see what new titles are coming up or being released. Just be aware that if you do not reply to the monthly title they will ship it to you and charge it to you CC. So if you do not want the movie of the month make sure to reply on-line or via mail as soon as you can. On the other hand if you do accept the movie of the month on-line as opposed to the reply postcard they send you every month you will be charged for the movie inmediately.

They always have special offers like buy one movie at regular price get the 2nd one at 1/2 the price. When you finish your commitment then you become a VIP member and have access to special sales and special items.

As a bonus you also get points from each movie you purchase which can then be used on the Disney Movie Rewards Program for a lot of merchandise, many of it exclusive to the club (like my new Frozen Hoodie!!!).
http://www.disneymovierewards.com

Hope this helps.

WDW Trips:
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Nov - 2010; Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Aug - 2011; Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Feb - 2012; Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Aug - 2012; Disney's Port Orleans Resort French Quarter Feb - 2013; Disney's All-Stars Music Resort Aug - 2013; Disney's Pop Century Resort Dec - 2013; COMING-UP: Disney's Cruise Line - Dream & Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort Nov - 2014

Last edited by Happy2BGoofy; 10-22-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Happy2BGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #4
donnsuz
Mouseketeer

What if I cancel?

I've belonged to the Disney Movie Club for a few years to buy movies for my grandkids. I think that everyone has most of the movies they need so I'm considering cancelling. Does anyone know if I cancel and change my mind and want to rejoin can I? Is there a waiting period before I'd be eligible for the introductory offer or would I just be able to rejoin at my current VIP rate or would I be starting over? Has anyone done this?
donnsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM   #5
lbmiller77
Earning My Ears

I was with DMC for one year. The initial package was great. You can opt to be contacted via mail and email for your monthly selection. Twice, I replied stating I didn't want a movie and found it charged to my cc anyways. It took DMC approximately a month to credit my account. Prices are approximately $1 to $3 more than what you can find in stores. However, they also charge $3.95 for shipping and handling, making it much more expensive than purchasing in the store. I recently canceled but was told that I could join back up immediately. Hope this info helps
lbmiller77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: